PDA

View Full Version : Media Pars pair mock a homeless woman

IWasThere2016
23-08-2012, 06:18 AM
The SUN says -

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4500592/Football-stars-mock-the-weak.html

Shameful behaviour if true.

hibbiedon
23-08-2012, 06:32 AM
The guys appear to be pointing at the dog and if you read the last explanation then it makes more sense, not like the sun to try and put the wrong slant on things

down-the-slope
23-08-2012, 06:34 AM
The SUN says -

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4500592/Football-stars-mock-the-weak.html

Shameful behaviour if true.

:spammy:a bit auld for fairy stories surely ?

Part/Time Supporter
23-08-2012, 06:36 AM
Homeless woman should have mocked them for playing for Dunfermline

"yous got beat 4-0 by that god-awful Hibs team?"

:greengrin

:cb

jacomo
23-08-2012, 08:51 AM
The guys appear to be pointing at the dog and if you read the last explanation then it makes more sense, not like the sun to try and put the wrong slant on things

Agreed. No evidence of them mocking anyone... What a load a pish.

IWasThere2016
23-08-2012, 08:54 AM
:spammy:a bit auld for fairy stories surely ?

Read ma last line again :wink: :na na:

SlickShoes
23-08-2012, 09:10 AM
The Sun............ It's clearly pish.

Stevie Reid
23-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Making a pun in the headline clearly backs up the moral high ground stance the paper is trying to adopt...

Pretty Boy
23-08-2012, 09:18 AM
The picture doesnt look good to be fair.

However as said above a pun in the headline and the fact its the Sun makes the moral stance seems watered down somewhat.

heretoday
23-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Good pic! The caption should read: "That'll be us next year if we dinny get rid o' JJ!"

Jim44
23-08-2012, 09:19 AM
It's a disgrace that the charities guy and the club are actually falling for it and making an issue out of nothing.

500miles
23-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Tired of the newspapers fabrication and twisting truth. We had it last year with Griffith's fall out with Fenlon, and now Dunfy are getting it. I hope the pair refuse to apologise, and instead, openly challenge the Sun. Use of the word "appear" surely isn't enough to defend them misrepresenting the truth, especially with such a provocative headline, caption, and choice of language throughout. At total lack of balance.

Jack
23-08-2012, 11:29 AM
This is in the Grassmarket where this woman, who claims to be homeless, has a dug AND a ferret. The explanation I got was that the Pars players thought dug and ferret was a bit crazy – nothing to do with ‘homeless’ woman.

VickMackie
23-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Did any of you watch the Ryan Thomson video on liveleaks?

Trying to batter the taxi driver. He fights like a girl!

He should rightly be banned by the club.

500miles
23-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Did any of you watch the Ryan Thomson video on liveleaks?

Trying to batter the taxi driver. He fights like a girl!

He should rightly be banned by the club.

I've seen the video. It starts with Thomson on the deck, and the taxi driver laying into him, when the lassies pull him away. Thomson's wee burd then wants to fighting, and the taxi driver doesn't seem to fancy it.

That's just on the evidence of the video, granted, don't know what happened in the run up to that.

CalgaryHibs
23-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Homeless woman should have mocked them for playing for Dunfermline

"yous got beat 4-0 by that god-awful Hibs team?"

:greengrin

:cb

---
Lol well said mate (best comment of the day) :)

heretoday
23-08-2012, 12:33 PM
I've seen the video. It starts with Thomson on the deck, and the taxi driver laying into him, when the lassies pull him away. Thomson's wee burd then wants to fighting, and the taxi driver doesn't seem to fancy it.

That's just on the evidence of the video, granted, don't know what happened in the run up to that.

Presumably not a stimulating evening at the theatre followed by a pleasant meal with intelligent conversation.

500miles
23-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Presumably not a stimulating evening at the theatre followed by a pleasant meal with intelligent conversation.

Obviously not, but at the same time, the boy is getting done for assault, whereas it looks as if the taxi driver was at least dishing it out as good as he got it.

VickMackie
23-08-2012, 01:17 PM
In my experience taxi drivers don't normally get out of their taxis and lay into people without a good reason.

The taxi driver did say he didn't report it to the police though. That can be taken one of two ways though.

hibee92
23-08-2012, 01:38 PM
The Sun :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2012, 02:04 PM
The props these "homeless" folk use to convince folk to part with their cash just get better and better!

hibeedonald
23-08-2012, 02:12 PM
The Sun :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
23-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Read ma last line again :wink: :na na:

I did :greengrin written right a true jouno....the caveat after the story to cover the hooter :wink:

Sean1875
23-08-2012, 03:30 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c90_1345357442

He better hope that it's not a well known gangster that runs the taxi company or getting charged will be the least of his worries.

Always amazes me how people can act that hard, yet punch so bad. My sister could throw a better right than that knob :rolleyes:

grunt
24-08-2012, 12:24 PM
DAFC statement

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20120823/dafc-official-statement-re-facebook-photo-of-players_2207955_2898171

allezsauzee
24-08-2012, 12:40 PM
While i believe in a free press, the sun really are a bunch of and should be closed down. That 'newspaper' does more harm than good.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Is anybody really THAT bothered about the story in the op? People seem to just love to get involved in faux moral outrage these days.

easty
24-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Is anybody really THAT bothered about the story in the op? People seem to just love to get involved in faux moral outrage these days.

I think if the story they reported was true, which granted it appears not to be, then it is something that should be addressed. The whole footballer-role model thing isn't a myth, kids look up to these guys and if they're taking the piss out of the homeless then it should be pointed out that they're being ********s, that it's not big and it's not clever.

It does look as though the two lads were just excited about seeing a dog and a ferret, two very exciting and exotic animals, so it is a bit of a non-story.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2012, 12:56 PM
If she sold her collection of animals she could get herself a few quid.

jacomo
24-08-2012, 04:04 PM
DAFC statement

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20120823/dafc-official-statement-re-facebook-photo-of-players_2207955_2898171

Kind of ridiculous it went this far, but this at least would seem to put the issue to bed. The Sun should be embarrassed by this (although they won't be, of course).

Players are role models and bad behaviour deserves to be punished. However, how many people will have glanced at this and now think these two were mocking the woman concerned? Their reputations have been harmed without any justification at all.

calmac12000
24-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Kind of ridiculous it went this far, but this at least would seem to put the issue to bed. The Sun should be embarrassed by this (although they won't be, of course).

Players are role models and bad behaviour deserves to be punished. However, how many people will have glanced at this and now think these two were mocking the woman concerned? Their reputations have been harmed without any justification at all.

So untypical of that august organ!

muirhousehibby
24-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Tired of the newspapers fabrication and twisting truth. We had it last year with Griffith's fall out with Fenlon, and now Dunfy are getting it. I hope the pair refuse to apologise, and instead, openly challenge the Sun. Use of the word "appear" surely isn't enough to defend them misrepresenting the truth, especially with such a provocative headline, caption, and choice of language throughout. At total lack of balance.

:thumbsup: Sun at it again,only last week they upset the whole of north edinburgh with the crap they printed.

I know dont buy paper just read internet for free.:agree:

Northernhibee
24-08-2012, 04:55 PM
They ran the naked pictures of Prince Harry today under the excuse of "It would be perverse not to". Aye, right. :rolleyes:

This Billy Bragg song is brilliant, Scousers Never Buy The Sun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7CRHkbMnk&feature=related

whereswallace?
24-08-2012, 10:16 PM
:thumbsup: Sun at it again,only last week they upset the whole of north edinburgh with the crap they printed.

I know dont buy paper just read internet for free.:agree:

Regarding that, on behalf of the family I lodged an official complaint and today the sun offered to run a follow up article to set the record straight, il speak to the relevent people and see what they,d like to do.I will never buy this rag again though.