PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths twitter feed

lucky
22-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Leigh has just done a Q and A session on his twitter account. @leighG28 nothing to spectacular said but nothing daft either which to me is a bit of a result. Hopefully maturing and learning but also glad taking time to engage with supporters. Well done Leigh

wearethehibs
22-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Im shocked there was nothing daft said. I had to unfollow him when he kept retweeting and biting to the abuse he received. Maybe he's learning just to ignore it.

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Leigh has just done a Q and A session on his twitter account. @leighG28 nothing to spectacular said but nothing daft either which to me is a bit of a result. Hopefully maturing and learning but also glad taking time to engage with supporters. Well done Leigh

I thought he was quoted recently as having nothing more to do with Twitter or social media.

Wotherspiniesta
22-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Im shocked there was nothing daft said. I had to unfollow him when he kept retweeting and biting to the abuse he received. Maybe he's learning just to ignore it.

I didn't see much of him biting.

Retweeting the abuse is probably a decent idea. Shows these people up to be silly, and probably gets a lot of hibs fans giving the abuser some grief aswell.

I loved the bit about "Who are the best and worst trainers at Hibs" Sparky replies "best me, worst Lewis Stevenson" tweeter replies back saying, " Surprised, thought Lewis would be a wee workhorse at training" Sparky replies, " He is, just his gear is terrible" :hilarious

Alfred E Newman
22-08-2012, 07:34 PM
I thought he was quoted recently as having nothing more to do with Twitter or social media.

He was. Obviously hasn`t learned his lesson.

bingo70
22-08-2012, 07:40 PM
"Some folk just want attention others just wanna cause trouble, me - I DON'T GIVE A **** #truestory (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23truestory)"

He was doing well but he could do with avoiding saying stuff like this. Suppose he's just young and that's the sort of thing that young people say but that's why he shouldn't have a twitter account IMO, it's only going to trip him up and draw attention to himself for the wrong reasons.

JHFC
22-08-2012, 07:48 PM
He blocks the people who give him abuse. I have some of the muppets on my twitter and they where complaining when he did.

Chibs
22-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Bit like me saying I will have nothing to do with alcohol or Hibs again. Never going to happen. Top quality player with attitude and self belief and that's what I want. Hibs please sign him.:flag::flag:

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
22-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Twitter is by ********s for ********s, who really gives a **** about what some Z lister from BB6 or TOWIE thinks, and as has been proved footballers at all levels should stay well clear.

People spend to much time eavesdropping on partners, kids, friends...............We really are the Jeremy Kyle generation, technology has bred suspicion amongst the vast majority.

R'Albin
22-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Twitter is by ********s for ********s, who really gives a **** about what some Z lister from BB6 or TOWIE thinks, and as has been proved footballers at all levels should stay well clear.

People spend to much time eavesdropping on partners, kids, friends...............We really are the Jeremy Kyle generation, technology has bred suspicion amongst the vast majority.

More of a Facebook man then?

frazeHFC
22-08-2012, 08:26 PM

Wow, think you need a sleep, getting a bit grumpy!

Hibercelona
22-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Why does twatter even exist. Totally pointless site that everybody slavers over.

SteveHFC
22-08-2012, 08:31 PM

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/72249/2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Teo10
22-08-2012, 08:46 PM

:faf::greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2012, 08:48 PM

There's been a whole lot of lol going on in my room over the above comment. Brilliant, Ryan!!!

Sodje_18
22-08-2012, 11:35 PM
He was. Obviously hasn`t learned his lesson.
To be fair, his account is protected so I think he has to verify whoever follows him. Looks like he limits it to Hibees, Dundee and Wolves fans. The only Jambo's I've seen on his new twitter are related to him.

ShanksSaidNo
23-08-2012, 12:00 AM

Zuckerberg is a Hibee!

frazeHFC
23-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Why does twatter even exist. Totally pointless site that everybody slavers over.

I wouldn't say pointless, i find it more useful that .net, or most sites for that matter.

joe_hfc
23-08-2012, 01:41 AM

**** me that was funny :greengrin

Beefster
23-08-2012, 06:08 AM

What season of TOWIE were Alain de Botton, Christopher Hitchins, Marcus du Sautoy, Brian Cox, Richard Dawkins and Bonnie Greer on?

Those that are a wee bit out of touch reckon that Twitter is only inhabited by Z-list celebrities.

Squealing pig
23-08-2012, 09:21 AM

Listen to the oap

J-C
23-08-2012, 09:35 AM
I didn't see much of him biting.

Retweeting the abuse is probably a decent idea. Shows these people up to be silly, and probably gets a lot of hibs fans giving the abuser some grief aswell.

I loved the bit about "Who are the best and worst trainers at Hibs" Sparky replies "best me, worst Lewis Stevenson" tweeter replies back saying, " Surprised, thought Lewis would be a wee workhorse at training" Sparky replies, " He is, just his gear is terrible" :hilarious

Be careful when re tweeting, cost Rio £45,000 for doing just that.

Leishy1995
23-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Leigh's twitter account is private. You can't follow him unless he accepts you.

lucky
23-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Sadly Leigh is claiming death threats from Yam fans on Twitter.

Hermit Crab
23-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Sadly Leigh is claiming death threats from Yam fans on Twitter.

I'm waiting on him accepting me but if he's getting death threats then he might not. Yams always have to overstep the mark.

frazeHFC
23-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm waiting on him accepting me but if he's getting death threats then he might not. Yams always have to overstep the mark.

The death threats were at tonights game, he was in the Liverpool end.

Hermit Crab
23-08-2012, 10:11 PM
The death threats were at tonights game, he was in the Liverpool end.

They have sunk to another level. I was in the spurs end last season :)

VickMackie
23-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Leigh's twitter account is private. You can't follow him unless he accepts you.

I wondered why it said forbidden to start with then was fine later.

Iggy Pope
23-08-2012, 10:20 PM
What season of TOWIE were Alain de Botton, Christopher Hitchins, Marcus du Sautoy, Brian Cox, Richard Dawkins and Bonnie Greer on?

Those that are a wee bit out of touch reckon that Twitter is only inhabited by Z-list celebrities.

Not doubting your sentiment or wanting to go off topic but Brian Cox? He's a celebrity scientist is he not? A TV boffin. Like Magnus Pyke but not so funny.

Beefster
24-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Not doubting your sentiment or wanting to go off topic but Brian Cox? He's a celebrity scientist is he not? A TV boffin. Like Magnus Pyke but not so funny.

He has a PhD and does day-to-day research at CERN and Manchester Uni. He's no different to the rest of the academics I mentioned, who have all been on TV a fair amount, IMHO.