PDA

View Full Version : Osbourne playing well for Blackpool

LancsHibs
21-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Thats two games played and Ozzy has been MOM in two wins:eek: The Blackpool fans love him, talk on the forum about 'how does Holloway find these gems' etc.., that's after me saying they have signed a bit of a dud! Go's to show what I know:dunno: Unbeleivable, was pretty average for us last season and goes onto be a player, Vaz Te anybody!! Good luck to the lad!

Wotherspiniesta
21-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Didnt suit our style of play, but I could see his quality with the ball at his feet.

Blackpool's style of play will suit him well and I'm not at all surprised he's doing well there.

WestEndHibee
21-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Ozzy played the whole game tonight and was tought of by a few at least as MOM. They're loving the look of him so far. Let's hope Rod's got us a tasty cut on his next transfer...

http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/Thread-New-signings-review-Gomes-Osbourne-merged (http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/Thread-New-signings-review-Gomes-Osbourne-merged)

Leishy1995
21-08-2012, 10:11 PM
He just didn't put effort in. I'd rather we didn't have players like him. But remember, Ian Holloway has always been great and bargain buying.

Macaroon
21-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Vaz Te mark two, anyone? :cb

essexhibee
21-08-2012, 11:17 PM
He was class at times. Hated when he wasn't played through the middle on occasions.

Maybe he looks much better because he's playing with better players

sahib
21-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Thats two games played and Ozzy has been MOM in two wins:eek: The Blackpool fans love him, talk on the forum about 'how does Holloway find these gems' etc.., that's after me saying they have signed a bit of a dud! Go's to show what I know:dunno: Unbeleivable, was pretty average for us last season and goes onto be a player, Vaz Te anybody!! Good luck to the lad!

Most sensible people could see that Osbourne and Vaz Te, had a fair bit of ability, the latter in particular. To me there is a difference between form and ability - neither player ( among many others in recent times) showed any great form at Hibs.

Treadstone
21-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Matt Doherty has been spotted less than Julian Assange at Wolves so thats one we all got right.

ScottB
21-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Some good players simply need other good players around them for them to show their true ability. Not all of them are capable of performing to the same standards if surrounded by lazy, unfit players severely lacking in confidence as we had last season.

Rather like how Claros is suddenly starting to look like a player, I'm sure Ozzy would have been decent for us this season too had he stayed. Best of luck to the guy.

basehibby
21-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Ozy WAS one of our best players last season albeit in a struggling team - pipped for POY over the course of the season by Stevenson really - but this is still a bit of a turn up for the books and I'm sure Osbourne will be delighted with such a rip roaring start at his new club - well done Issiah! :thumbsup:

monktonharp
22-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Ozy WAS one of our best players last season albeit in a struggling team - pipped for POY over the course of the season by Stevenson really - but this is still a bit of a turn up for the books and I'm sure Osbourne will be delighted with such a rip roaring start at his new club - well done Issiah! :thumbsup: sorry. cant buy into this Ossy "love in" . average at best, in most of the games he played for us, and sheite in quite a few. dont try and say it was because who was around him. that just does not wash, in my Belfast sink anyway! he hardly broke sweat at times, and collected his wages all the same. there were others, but loanees so you can excuse some o' that. as for him almost getting POY, hell get a grip. the man that got it is lucky to get a year's extention imho.!

TornadoHibby
22-08-2012, 04:55 AM
He was class at times. Hated when he wasn't played through the middle on occasions.

Maybe he looks much better because he's playing with better players

:agree:

Osbourne always showed ability and class as well as work rate but poor team mates meant that his good work was often wasted!

Dr Jimmy
22-08-2012, 05:32 AM

Hopefully other players will see their success and think that coming to the Hibees is a good thing for re-launching their career. Andy Carroll anyone.....;-)

Gettin' Auld
22-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Hopefully other players will see their success and think that coming to the Hibees is a good thing for re-launching their career. Andy Carroll anyone.....;-)
Not until after he's scored a bucketload against the yamtoids. :greengrin

Tyler Durden
22-08-2012, 06:25 AM
It's funny how Deegan and Cairney can come straight in and play well alongside these same poor players. What players they must be.

Nobody's fault but his own that Osbourne looked a poor player in a poor SPL.

Hainan Hibs
22-08-2012, 06:37 AM
I'd love to wish him well etc but after his performance in that game in May I'm going to be very immature and say he can get tae ****:agree:

ALF TUPPER
22-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Matt Doherty has been spotted less than Julian Assange at Wolves so thats one we all got right.

:tee hee:

Pretty Boy
22-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Osbourne had talent but like so many from last season it seems to me it was his attitude and desire that was questionable.

Too many of the guys we'be brought in from down south over the last few years seem to think they're here for a highland holiday. Thankfully Deegan, Williams et al seem cut from a different cloth.

Hibeesmad
22-08-2012, 06:49 AM
I always knew he was a great player, just needed to play along other great players. Hopefully he keeps up the good work and mr. Petrie has a good sell on clause in the deal.

500miles
22-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Oz just wasn't physical enough to do his own dirty work. He may have flourished with Deegan and Cairney, but then again, we might have needed to off-load him to afford the others - and I think they are more important to our season than he would be.

3pm
22-08-2012, 07:10 AM
He didn't want to be there, that's probably the main reason he wasn't as good as he should have been.

Also, he was meant to be one of our main men - I wonder if he struggled with that expectation. He won't be the main man at Blackpool so may be easier for him to play.

My memory of Osbourne is him sitting dejected on the Hampden turf at FT in the cup final. Pity he never cared as much while the game was on. He can **** off to Blackpool, he won't be missed.

basehibby
22-08-2012, 07:13 AM
sorry. cant buy into this Ossy "love in" . average at best, in most of the games he played for us, and sheite in quite a few. dont try and say it was because who was around him. that just does not wash, in my Belfast sink anyway! he hardly broke sweat at times, and collected his wages all the same. there were others, but loanees so you can excuse some o' that. as for him almost getting POY, hell get a grip. the man that got it is lucky to get a year's extention imho.!

It's you that needs to get a grip man! I'm just telling it as I saw it.

Please enlighten me as to whom YOU would have had as runner up for POY last term?

Griffiths - would be a good call - but after all his bans for acts of stupidity???
GOC - started the season well but his unprofessional lifestyle caught up with him
McPake - only there for half the season otherwise he'd have been a stick on for POY
Stack - in and out the team all season
Anyone else - well you tell me!

I never thought Osbourne was a superstar (and runner up for POY in a team of relegation candidates is hardly a glowing referemce anyway) but he WAS CC's most successful (non-loan) signing and was a stick on for a place in the team under both managers for a reason - HE WAS QUITE GOOD!

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Pleased for Ozzy that he's doing well at Blackpool. He certainly wasnt the worst player we had last season, but lets face it thats not saying much.

He did look like he had a bit of talent, but what always did my head in was the number of times there was space to run into and he just stood there looking at it .... I'm not sure if it was his style of running that made him look like a lazy so and so, or if he just lacked the energy and pace to get on his bike.

I havnt seen Blackpool this season but as far as I know they like to play a fast moving energetic style. Quite surprised that Ozzy is fitting in there ... Mind, from what I've seen of him I doubt that Ian Holloway is the sort of manager who will put up with anything less than 100% from his players.

Anyway ...... like most of the class of 2011 / 2012 duds the further he is away from ER the better for me.

scoopyboy
22-08-2012, 08:02 AM
He didn't want to be there, that's probably the main reason he wasn't as good as he should have been.

Also, he was meant to be one of our main men - I wonder if he struggled with that expectation. He won't be the main man at Blackpool so may be easier for him to play.

My memory of Osbourne is him sitting dejected on the Hampden turf at FT in the cup final. Pity he never cared as much while the game was on. He can **** off to Blackpool, he won't be missed.

100% correct mate.

He is a great player but from day one at Hibs all he talked about was getting back to England.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2012, 08:16 AM
He's already matched the number of good games he managed for us then.

I said when he went that if he goes on to be a success down there, it doesn't mean that he was a good player for us, nor does it mean we have conducted a bad bit of business (not that anyone on the thread seems to be saying the latter).

Great start for him, but let's see what happens over a long, hard season - we know from bitter experience that players who make seemingly auspicious starts can very quickly tail off.

IWasThere2016
22-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Ozzy was/is class IMHO. He just had poorer players around him at Hibs, and get dragged down a level or two.

Kato
22-08-2012, 08:26 AM
He was half-hearted for us mostly. Only tried his hardest at Ibrox and Parkhead when he knew he was the shop window.

Couldn't care less how he does at Blackpool.

Craig_in_Prague
22-08-2012, 08:28 AM
we had a clueless, half hearted manager and his signings also appeared to be half hearted, not too bothered types that didn't really want to be at ER.
Osbourne was probably the best signing made, but for me it's about having the 'right' manager in charge who then makes the 'right' signings for the club.

i.e. Like what we have now under Pat.
I used to underestimate the importance of mindset, team spirit, commitment etc.... more fool me.

He genuinely wants to be here and by the look of all his new signings, so do they!

PeterboroHibee
22-08-2012, 08:31 AM
We got decent money for a guy who never played to his potential when here. If he goes on to do well elsewhere then so be it, theres not much we can do (slighlty different to the Vaz Te situation where Calderwood seemed to picked Agogo over him).

LeighLoyal
22-08-2012, 08:32 AM
No doubt he had talent, good on the ball and pretty hard player.

Hillsidehibby
22-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Call me an old cynic but it might have something to do with money.

Phil MaGlass
22-08-2012, 08:59 AM
as someone earlier mentioned, hope Rod sorted out a sell on clause??

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Quite happy with the dough we reportedly got for him compared to how he played for us.

Just had a look on one of their forums, a couple of guys comparing him with Yaya Toure! :-)

Stevie Reid
22-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Ozzy was/is class IMHO. He just had poorer players around him at Hibs, and get dragged down a level or two.

No he wasn't, he had about 2 good games for us - obviously has ability and may well fulfil his potential at Blackpool, but he was a failure here.

And it wasn't the players around him that caused him to miscontrol a simple pass to lose possession in SCF against Hearts, before not bothering his arse in anyway to try and get back to cover/retain possession in the build up to the second goal. Nothing classy about not giving a **** about the club you play for or its supporters on the biggest day in their history.

heretoday
22-08-2012, 09:46 AM
He was one of the better players in a bad bunch but no way would I describe him as a "gem". Holloway is a brilliant manager though.

J-C
22-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Osbourne was our most talented player last season, unfortunately he was playing with a bunch of cack, it's very hard to continually play well in a team that's utter pants. We needed his wages freed up and also the transfer fee, which has helped us strengthen the midfield with Deegan and Cairney, so far.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Osbourne was our most talented player last season, unfortunately he was playing with a bunch of cack, it's very hard to continually play well in a team that's utter pants. We needed his wages freed up and also the transfer fee, which has helped us strengthen the midfield with Deegan and Cairney, so far.

In what way do you mean? That his pedigree suggested that he should have been the most talented player at ER? He certainly didn't display the most talent of anyone in our squad, he was nowhere near that.

I agree that all parties seem to have benefitted from the transfer.

Edinburgh Green
22-08-2012, 10:59 AM
He's still in his honeymoon period, he'll show his true colours soon enough. I've lost count of the number of players who have played well for us in their first few games then turn out to be duds. Palsson, Kujabi, Zibi, Maka O'Hanlon...the list goes on!

Dinkydoo
22-08-2012, 11:35 AM
He always looked like he had the talent but couldn't be bothered using it whilst playing for Hibs - happy to take the money of course. For that reason, I couldn't care how he gets on down south.

allezsauzee
22-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Early days for him at Blackpool, I remember thinking Brian Kerr might be the new Pat McGinlay after scoring the winner at the PBS on his competitive debut. That said I think Ozzy was a decent player for us, I'm not sure he's going to be Blackpool's Yaya Toure though!

joebakerforever
22-08-2012, 11:49 AM
It is too early to make a judgement.

However if he maintains this form over the Season, perhaps Holloway is more able to exploit his abilities than Fenlon was.

TornadoHibby
22-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Quite happy with the dough we reportedly got for him compared to how he played for us.

Just had a look on one of their forums, a couple of guys comparing him with Yaya Toure! :-)

And why do you think that might be then? :confused:

Or are only Hibs fans qualified to determine whether any player is actually decent or not and since, Hibs dot net posters, in the main appear to have decided that Ozzy was another in a long line of "wage thieves", these Blackpool fans must be mentally deficient in some way? :rolleyes:

Vaz Te was another who had huge ability and showed some excellent signs of it whilst he settled in at Hibs after a long period out through injury yet........he was determined to be another "wage thief" on here. Thankfully he has proved his worth in a far superior level of football to the one he was assessed on whilst at Hibs and the "expert analysts" on here have been proven to be sadly lacking in their "player spotting abilities" yet again! :greengrin :wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2012, 01:41 PM
I thought he was our best midfielder last season, although nothing special as a player. I dont expect him to be a regular in their team this season, i believe he will not be up to it over the long term.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2012, 01:52 PM
And why do you think that might be then? :confused:

Or are only Hibs fans qualified to determine whether any player is actually decent or not and since, Hibs dot net posters, in the main appear to have decided that Ozzy was another in a long line of "wage thieves", these Blackpool fans must be mentally deficient in some way? :rolleyes:

Vaz Te was another who had huge ability and showed some excellent signs of it whilst he settled in at Hibs after a long period out through injury yet........he was determined to be another "wage thief" on here. Thankfully he has proved his worth in a far superior level of football to the one he was assessed on whilst at Hibs and the "expert analysts" on here have been proven to be sadly lacking in their "player spotting abilities" yet again! :greengrin :wink:

So he's reported to have played two very good games (same as he managed in a whole season for us) for Blackpool and you're prepared to accept their supporters' comparisons with one of the best midfielders in the world on a £200K a week?

I expected big things from Osbourne but he struggled with us - no matter how well he does at Blackpool, that won't change.

J-C
22-08-2012, 02:21 PM
In what way do you mean? That his pedigree suggested that he should have been the most talented player at ER? He certainly didn't display the most talent of anyone in our squad, he was nowhere near that.

I agree that all parties seem to have benefitted from the transfer.

I mean out of the shambles of a midfield, he was the best or what you might say the most talented one. He did show on an occasion, that there was a genuinely good footballer there but like most last season, didn't show enough or often enough. I've thought for a while that something wasn't right at ER, with so called talented players never performing until they leave the club, it seems to be another case with Osbourne.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2012, 02:32 PM
I mean out of the shambles of a midfield, he was the best or what you might say the most talented one. He did show on an occasion, that there was a genuinely good footballer there but like most last season, didn't show enough or often enough. I've thought for a while that something wasn't right at ER, with so called talented players never performing until they leave the club, it seems to be another case with Osbourne.

I agree that he showed some signs but they were few and far between, and I don't agree that he was our best midfielder. He is more responsible for his relative failure here than Hibs are IMO - he was played out of position on the right on occasion, but by and large he was played in his favourite position, and he looked uninterested for much of the time, and showed no desire to play for Hibs. It was unfortunate that he got injured just as he seemed to be hitting a bit of form but I saw very little quality from him in relation to his pedigree.

Scoopyboy has confirmed that he didn't really want to be here, and that was what shone through most in his performances - and he has to take responsibility his failure to impose himself on the SPL.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2012, 02:33 PM

I just dinnae understand the revisionism that goes on on here when players have decent games for other clubs, doesnae mean they did it for us. I'm quite happy for Vaz Te being a bit of a Hammers man myself, as for Ozzy's comparison with Toure, I suppose only time will tell, though if Rod has negociated a sell on clause, I hope they are right.

TornadoHibby
22-08-2012, 02:43 PM
So he's reported to have played two very good games (same as he managed in a whole season for us) for Blackpool and you're prepared to accept their supporters' comparisons with one of the best midfielders in the world on a £200K a week?

Why would you not if his play has been of sufficient quality!? :confused:

Amazes me that you can take the opposite view despite not having seen him play in those two games and then suggest that I might well be an idiot for accepting the assessment of his play in those two games by various people who were there, not that I give a toss about the latter incidentally! :rolleyes:

I expected big things from Osbourne but he struggled with us - no matter how well he does at Blackpool, that won't change.

Your view and as we all know history, and individual reports of history rarely change! :rolleyes:

However, I and others on here don't agree with your view of that particular history but then that's opinions for you eh?! :wink:

seven nowt
22-08-2012, 02:52 PM
I knew he was one of our best players when he was at Hibs - much more effective than any other midfielder of ours at the time. Osbourne, Deegan, and Cairney would have been the most intimidating midfield in the league if he stayed

frazeHFC
22-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I did like him, if he had given 100%, as well as had a few better players around him, he would have been class. But it just didn't work out and his 'performance' in the last game was horrendous. Hope he does well there though.

Northernhibee
22-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I heard rumours that he started to get homesick whilst up in Scotland which could well explain his latter performances for us.

Wish him all the best at Blackpool but also wish he was at his best when with us.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Why would you not if his play has been of sufficient quality!? :confused:

Amazes me that you can take the opposite view despite not having seen him play in those two games and then suggest that I might well be an idiot for accepting the assessment of his play in those two games by various people who were there, not that I give a toss about the latter incidentally! :rolleyes:

Your view and as we all know history, and individual reports of history rarely change! :rolleyes:

However, I and others on here don't agree with your view of that particular history but then that's opinions for you eh?! :wink:

I didn't take the opposite view, I'm quite prepared to accept that he played very, very well for Blackpool in these last two games (though I'm sure the Yaya Toure comparisons are at least a wee bit tongue in cheek). I presume that you didn't see him in those two games either btw, is that correct? There were posters on here who had Callum Booth in the same bracket as Gareth Bale after two games, and we've seen many players play well in a couple of good games for us and then plunge into mediocrity, or worse. The main point being that a whole season in the SPL is more of a barometer of his overall ability than two games in the Championship (regardless of the quality of the league), and he struggled to make an impression in a very poor Hibs side that escaped relegation with one game of the season to go.

I can easily see him being a success down there, but he has a long way to go - there were posters on here gloating that they had been right all along about Osbourne after a very good performance away at Dunfermline last year, but it turned out to be a false dawn. I didn't see him put in one stand out performance for Hibs at ER last season, and I was at every home game.

Where did I suggest that you might be an idiot btw? Even if I think that your assessment of a Hibs player is way, way off the mark, it doesn't mean I think you're an idiot.

edinburghhibee
22-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Another player who played in that game on the 19th. Couldn't care less if he signed for barca and became the best player in the world he is still part of the worst hibs footballing display I have ever seen. Don't rush back ozzy.

neilmartinrocks
22-08-2012, 04:21 PM
When he was up here you could have put him in a hall of mirrors and he would still be surrounded by crap players!! He didn't try most of the time especially in the SC final. Now he plays two games for blackpool and it's everybody elses fault he couldn't be bothered. You get paid you do a job, he didn't.

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Cant believe some of the opinions on this thread....

IF IO was surrounded by "poor" players, you would then think he would show himself to be better, and stamp his authority on matches....He never, he was lazy, he rarely tackled or made use of his size/build....Frustrating to watch, and did absolutely nothing in his time here....IF IO is doing well at Blackpool (after 2 games), then it proves how much his attitude stank whilst at our club......

Now we have someone who tackles, wants the ball, and wants to stamp his mark on a match in Deegan......I know who I would rather be watching.......

Mon Dieu4
22-08-2012, 04:28 PM

IF IO was surrounded by "poor" players, you would then think he would show himself to be better, and stamp his authority on matches....He never, he was lazy, he rarely tackled or made use of his size/build....Frustrating to watch, and did absolutely nothing in his time here....IF IO is doing well at Blackpool (after 2 games), then it proves how much his attitude stank whilst at our club......

Now we have someone who tackles, wants the ball, and wants to stamp his mark on a match in Deegan......I know who I would rather be watching.......

cheers, you have saved me from typing the very same

Golden Bear
22-08-2012, 04:31 PM

:agree:

I've a feeling things will be different after a couple of months.

neilmartinrocks
22-08-2012, 04:32 PM

:top markswell said that man.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Encore!

S.sct
22-08-2012, 05:35 PM

Don't think so, Ozzy was lazy at ER and Villa (by all accounts), he'll fall back into that soon enough. Good luck to him though.

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2012, 05:51 PM
I heard rumours that he started to get homesick whilst up in Scotland which could well explain his latter performances for us.

Wish him all the best at Blackpool but also wish he was at his best when with us.

I never understand this homesick BS to be honest. How many professional football players are with clubs in the region they come from?

Its amazing the number of guys who dont leave Real Madrid or Bayern Munich or Man Utd or Chelsea or even Celtic coz they are home sick. The other thing is that I've heard quite a lot of players give this reason for wanting away from Hibs .. David Murphy and Rob Jones being two obvious names. Hells bells, the way they go on you would think Edinburgh was in bloody China or something. The last time I looked they spoke English in Edinburgh and in any scale you care to imagine the City is probably a cut above most of the **** holes some of these guys come from.

Dont get me wrong .... home is home no matter where it is I suppose, but IMO that stuff is trotted out too many times by players looking for a move.

As for Ozzy ..... In what way is Blackpool a town he is less likely to be home sick in than Edinburgh .. neither of them are Birmingham. Same with David Murphy .... How are you less likely to be home sick for the north east in Birminham than you are in Edinburgh?

Grrrrr :greengrin

hibee
22-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Osbourne had talent but like so many from last season it seems to me it was his attitude and desire that was questionable.

Too many of the guys we'be brought in from down south over the last few years seem to think they're here for a highland holiday. Thankfully Deegan, Williams et al seem cut from a different cloth.

I get the impression that these guys seen Hibs as a step down in their careers so as a result were a bit down generally and didn't play to their full potential for us, doesn't always make them bad players, just not much use to us!

Guys that see Hibs as a step up in their careers or even a stepping stone to better things will be happy to be here and hopefully put in a good shift and a decent performance.

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2012, 06:19 PM
I get the impression that these guys seen Hibs as a step down in their careers so as a result were a bit down generally and didn't play to their full potential for us, doesn't always make them bad players, just not much use to us!

Guys that see Hibs as a step up in their careers or even a stepping stone to better things will be happy to be here and hopefully put in a good shift and a decent performance.

I get it ......... My football career is going down the pan I mean look where I've ended up ... the bloody SPL. How do I go about fixing this unfortunate turn of events?

I know .... I'll play like I cant be arsed .... that should get the EPL scouts kicking the door down for my signature.

Eh?

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2012, 06:41 PM

Any professional player who doesn't play to their full potential deliberately, after crossing the touchline, is an imposter......I thought sportsmen (especially professional sportsmen) played to win :confused:

marti1875
22-08-2012, 06:46 PM
I never understand this homesick BS to be honest. How many professional football players are with clubs in the region they come from?

Its amazing the number of guys who dont leave Real Madrid or Bayern Munich or Man Utd or Chelsea or even Celtic coz they are home sick. The other thing is that I've heard quite a lot of players give this reason for wanting away from Hibs .. David Murphy and Rob Jones being two obvious names. Hells bells, the way they go on you would think Edinburgh was in bloody China or something. The last time I looked they spoke English in Edinburgh and in any scale you care to imagine the City is probably a cut above most of the **** holes some of these guys come from.

Dont get me wrong .... home is home no matter where it is I suppose, but IMO that stuff is trotted out too many times by players looking for a move.

As for Ozzy ..... In what way is Blackpool a town he is less likely to be home sick in than Edinburgh .. neither of them are Birmingham. Same with David Murphy .... How are you less likely to be home sick for the north east in Birminham than you are in Edinburgh?

Grrrrr :greengrin-

:top marks This is spot on as far i have saw it too.
They're not exactly silly little 16 year old wee boys just outta school after all, so i just do not buy into this nonsense of so called "adults" being "homesick" from somewhere just 4 hours drive away. Just an easy excuse to get an easy exit and an easy ride from some fans that so many seem to buy into for some reason.
Infuriates me this homesick crap so it does...lol...

Jonnyboy
22-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Ah ye cannae beat a good old both sides of the fence debate on Hibs.net :greengrin

For the avoidance of doubt I'm in the 'he was an imposter who rarely showed his supposed talent in a Hibs shirt' group

There, that's another point for the against's :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
22-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Ah ye cannae beat a good old both sides of the fence debate on Hibs.net :greengrin

For the avoidance of doubt I'm in the 'he was an imposter who rarely showed his supposed talent in a Hibs shirt' group

"imposter' is putting it politely. People come on here trumpeting how brilliant the Championship is. If that one-paced tackle-shirking non-entity is showing up well there the standard must be brutal. Good riddance.

Jonnyboy
22-08-2012, 09:58 PM
"imposter' is putting it politely. People come on here trumpeting how brilliant the Championship is. If that one-paced tackle-shirking non-entity is showing up well there the standard must be brutal. Good riddance.

Why beat about the bush? Tell us what you really think :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
22-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Why beat about the bush? Tell us what you really think :greengrin

Stephens and Claros have quite a lot to do before I'll be on here singing their praises :greengrin Come on Holloway, do the right thing. Swap them for Kevin Phillips :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2012, 10:47 PM

Good stuff Mr C, are we ahead yet?

down-the-slope
23-08-2012, 07:00 AM

And BREATHE........:greengrin

Oz obviously wanted back down the road and he also did not appear to like being stuck out wide. A combination of these factors and the lack of settled team meant we rarely saw how good he could be. In a team that passes with others doing the spade work he will do well.

At the moment we were well short of those doing the spade work first...it looks like (early days) we have got what we need and Blackpool have got what they need...

Now who could Ivan / O'Hanlon / Stephens / Galbraith go on to 'Star' for that Rod could squeeze a fee out of :hmmm:

Stevie Reid
23-08-2012, 08:29 AM

Well said BF, I've had plenty to say on this thread, just as I had in the thread around the time he left, but this is a great summary.

I made a similar argument when we had the debate on here about Liam Miller (who made a million times more impact than Osbourne did) that if really good players were dragged down by poorer players around them, then no one would ever stand out in any team.

We are well rid of Osbourne.

jacomo
23-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Seems to me that we have lacked a natural holding player in midfield for ages. That really does affect how the others play... it's no coincidence that Claros has picked up since Deegan came in.

That said, I don't see why Osbourne couldn't have done that role. He was shocking in the Cup Final.

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Well said BF, I've had plenty to say on this thread, just as I had in the thread around the time he left, but this is a great summary.

I made a similar argument when we had the debate on here about Liam Miller (who made a million times more impact than Osbourne did) that if really good players were dragged down by poorer players around them, then no one would ever stand out in any team.

We are well rid of Osbourne.

Amen

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Seems to me that we have lacked a natural holding player in midfield for ages. That really does affect how the others play... it's no coincidence that Claros has picked up since Deegan came in.

That said, I don't see why Osbourne couldn't have done that role. He was shocking in the Cup Final.

You could have ended that comment right there.......A total waste of a jersey.....

ballengeich
23-08-2012, 09:13 PM

Grrrrr :greengrin

Maybe he wanted to be nearer his brother. Hang on - isn't he still in Aberdeen?