PDA

View Full Version : NHC Nish back in the SPL (merged)

IFONLY
21-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Colin Nish signs for Dundee on year long loan, also Mark Kerr

Jonnyboy
21-08-2012, 09:42 PM

Good luck Colin (except when you're playing us) :aok:

Thecat23
21-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Wonder if all the folk who was saying Mark Kerr is what we needed will still be saying that when they see how rotten he is. Still can't believe some on here were happy we had him training at EM.

Frazerbob
21-08-2012, 09:46 PM

:agree:

Hope he doesn't get booed as much as he did when he played for us!

R'Albin
21-08-2012, 09:48 PM

Jonnyboy
21-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Wonder if all the folk who was saying Mark Kerr is what we needed will still be saying that when they see how rotten he is. Still can't believe some on here were happy we had him training at EM.

Conversely, if he's the best player on the park when they face Hibs will you accept that maybe those folk were right? :wink:

Sir David Gray
21-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Good signing for Dundee, I think Nish will score a few goals for them this season.

Northernhibee
21-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Yessssss :thumbsup:

Nishy is a bit of a cult hero for me. ***** and one of the ten best goalscorers in SPL history. Legend.

neilmartinrocks
21-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Conversely, if he's the best player on the park when they face Hibs will you accept that maybe those folk were right? :wink:

NEVER!!!!

For the record i liked Nish scored goals and he was a Hibee.
best of luck at the Dees Colin (within reason).

Hibercelona
21-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Will be interesting to see just how Nish does if he gets proper service up front.

.Sean.
21-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I liked Nish, the way he was hounded by some was a ****ing disgrace. All the best big man :aok:

#FromTheCapital
21-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Thank god this thread is labelled NHC ;-)

Good luck colin

Wotherspiniesta
21-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Hated a goal against us, mind.

vanNISHtelroy
21-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Good luck Nishy! Shame that we couldn't afford to get him back to RP.

Judas Iscariot
21-08-2012, 10:34 PM
I liked Nish, the way he was hounded by some was a ****ing disgrace. All the best big man :aok:

Defo!!!

Was utterly pathetic & embarrassing..

Good luck Nishy :aok:

mca
21-08-2012, 10:40 PM
could Never put the bloke down with the boos and that.. always thought he would be a half decent player if we had had a half decent team and supporters behind him.. but he was like bambi on ice.. he could never stay on his feet... Good Luck to Big Nish.. but no against us.. as he will probably be another Rankin etc etc (feel free to add names) that will come BACK to easter road and bite us a new wound.. :agree:

silverhibee
21-08-2012, 11:15 PM

Well said Sean.

Good luck Nishy. Not against the cabbage though. :agree: :greengrin

ScottB
21-08-2012, 11:24 PM
The way Nish was treated by some of our support was shameful, considering the leeway some other players have been given over the years.

His record speaks for itself, he'll be a decent signing for Dundee. You can almost guarantee he will score against us!

monktonharp
22-08-2012, 12:47 AM
could Never put the bloke down with the boos and that.. always thought he would be a half decent player if we had had a half decent team and supporters behind him.. but he was like bambi on ice.. he could never stay on his feet... Good Luck to Big Nish.. but no against us.. as he will probably be another Rankin etc etc (feel free to add names) that will come BACK to easter road and bite us a new wound.. :agree:for the record, I think he was more than a half decent player, and certainly done the damage against us a few times for the killie, Rankin, well I tried like a bear for 2 seasons to like him but he was pish and still is.but, the bit that really interests me in your post is ""team and supporters" behind him. he got jeers at times when he was oan his erse fur nae apparent reason, so the fans were justified to moan.but to imply that we hounded him out would be a bit of a dismeaner.naw? the management at the time, took that decision. best of luck single fish

Pretty Boy
22-08-2012, 06:50 AM

This.

He didn't have the best time at ER but some of the abuse was way, way ott.

Wish him well, except when he's playing us obviously.

Hiber-nation
22-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Will be interesting to see just how Nish does if he gets proper service up front.

Big if though, Dundee looked rank at the weekend. The Hibs team Nishy played in are better than this Dundee team.

Steve20
22-08-2012, 07:00 AM
The level of abuse he took was out of order but lets be honest, he was rubbish at Hibs.

Hainan Hibs
22-08-2012, 07:03 AM
I hope the SFA have gym equipment for their linesmen to use to build up arm strength for the amount of times their flags will go up with big Nishy up front again:greengrin.

Best of luck Colin (and Dundee, a bit of a soft spot for them).

Barney McGrew
22-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Good luck to him, he'll score goals up there :aok:

SMAXXA
22-08-2012, 07:43 AM
could Never put the bloke down with the boos and that.. always thought he would be a half decent player if we had had a half decent team and supporters behind him.. but he was like bambi on ice.. he could never stay on his feet... Good Luck to Big Nish.. but no against us.. as he will probably be another Rankin etc etc (feel free to add names) that will come BACK to easter road and bite us a new wound.. :agree:

This gets on my goat a bit, who exactly has come back to haunt us since we got rid of them? Hartley aside I'm struggling to think?

Why is there this view that every player we get shot of will come back to haunt us. We got rid as they were not good enough and showed little to nothing in their time at hibs to change that view.

Good luck to nish and kerr, good to see both get fixed up with a club.

Robinho08
22-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Good luck Nishy, I hope Dundee stay up and Colin helps. Just not against us.

Wilson
22-08-2012, 08:07 AM
He was never really the player his reputation had promised us he'd be. Having done well at Kilmarnock, and purportedly a hibby, I expected heart on his sleeve performances and a glut of goals.

I only recall one real purple patch and that was when the season was over bar the shouting.

The abuse was entirely merited.

Thecat23
22-08-2012, 08:08 AM

Nope.. :greengrin

Keith_M
22-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Bit dissapointed about this, I still think he could do a job for us...

:duck:

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Good luck Nishy ... hope you do well up there.

I never bood him coz I just dont boo the team, but lets face it, for a guy of 6'5" or whatever his scoring record from headers was rubbish, in fact the only times I can remember him scoring with headers at ER he was on his knees both times. The only forward in pro football who gets smaller when he jumps.

Not forgetting the number of times in a game where he ended up on his backside after the softest of challenges .... McPake will tear him a new one if he plays at ER.

IWasThere2016
22-08-2012, 08:44 AM

That's a quick return to the First Div for the Dees then!

jacomo
22-08-2012, 09:28 AM
He was never really the player his reputation had promised us he'd be. Having done well at Kilmarnock, and purportedly a hibby, I expected heart on his sleeve performances and a glut of goals.

I only recall one real purple patch and that was when the season was over bar the shouting.

Nah it wasn't. People should take a look at themselves.

Wilson
22-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Nah it wasn't. People should take a look at themselves.

Disagree. We're far too soft as a fanbase and are getting softer. We sat back and watched our team get worse and worse.

Anyone that challenged the players and the board during that period gets a thumbs up from me. Too many folk with their heads in the sand, happy clapping the mediocre, as we hurtled towards oblivion.

On the playing side Nish bore some of the brunt because he was the case in point. Big reputation. Decent wage (relatively). Poor contibution.

Some folk may need to look at themselves but not anyone who booed Nish :aok:

hibbiedon
22-08-2012, 09:42 AM

Hope he doesn't get booed as much as he did when he played for us!

I wouldnt think so as i was informed that is how some people support hibs, so if they boo him they would be supporting dundee...strange but true

heretoday
22-08-2012, 09:48 AM
If he comes back to haunt us, it'll serve the boo boys right.

jacomo
22-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Disagree. We're far too soft as a fanbase and are getting softer. We sat back and watched our team get worse and worse.

Anyone that challenged the players and the board during that period gets a thumbs up from me. Too many folk with their heads in the sand, happy clapping the mediocre, as we hurtled towards oblivion.

On the playing side Nish bore some of the brunt because he was the case in point. Big reputation. Decent wage (relatively). Poor contibution.

I wasn't talking about booing, groaning or general disappointment from the stands. I've voiced my frustration plenty while watching Hibs.

I was talking about abuse directed towards Nish - personal abuse which was uncalled for. I remember sitting in the West when the East stand was being rebuilt, close to the pitch, and some of vitriol directed at Nish when he came for a throw in etc was just embarrassing. As always, it said more about the inadequacies of the those abusing him rather than the player himself, as I am sure he was aware.

Leishy1995
22-08-2012, 09:55 AM
The messiah returns..

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2012, 10:06 AM
I dont agree with the abuse he got at the games, some of it was awful and those folk wouldn't know what being a supporter was all about. I watched him play and thought he was a player who just was not very good at what he was supposed to be doing.

Apparently he's not a target man, he's also not very good at holding the ball up, using his pace to chase balls over the top. He's no link man just what was he good at apart from the odd goal?

He was always offside or on his erse, and was a weak link in the team. He should never have been abused, but you can discuss the team and players on here and give your opinion either way, good or bad.

Thecat23
22-08-2012, 10:11 AM
I dont agree with the abuse he got at the games, some of it was awful and those folk wouldn't know what being a supporter was all about. I watched him play and thought he was a player who just was not very good at what he was supposed to be doing.

Apparently he's not a target man, he's also not very good at holding the ball up, using his pace to chase balls over the top. He's no link man just what was he good at apart from the odd goal?

He was always offside or on his erse, and was a weak link in the team. He should never have been abused, but you can discuss the team and players on here and give your opinion either way, good or bad.

Agree with this.. Shame he was booed, that can't have been easy. As a player i don't rate him personally. Met him a few times and is a really nice guy. Good luck Nish but not when you're playing us.

jacomo
22-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Fair enough... although it did make the odd goal more impressive, no?

Who did he score that absolute peach against, he was over towards the left hand side of the box and swept the ball across the keeper into the far side? I think most of it found it hard to believe what had just happened!

ScottB
22-08-2012, 10:26 AM

Booing players if they make some ridiculous mistake, fine.

Booing players when they come on to the field, before they've even kicked the ball, as happened to Nish, totally ridiculous and only served to make things worse.

We are there to support after all.

IWasThere2016
22-08-2012, 10:28 AM

Totally agree, and he was pish.

JimBHibees
22-08-2012, 10:29 AM

Agree with all of that. He could finish when given the chance however his hold up play and lack of physicality especially for a guy of his size was very poor. He also liked to fall down easy and refs soon saw through that. The personal abuse he took while here was disgusting and said more about the idiots abusing than him as a player.

JimBHibees
22-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Booing players if they make some ridiculous mistake, fine.

Booing players when they come on to the field, before they've even kicked the ball, as happened to Nish, totally ridiculous and only served to make things worse.

We are there to support after all.

Not even sure about that squeals of exasperation at the time fair enough however to me no Hibs fan should ever boo a Hibs player.

ScottB
22-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Not even sure about that squeals of exasperation at the time fair enough however to me no Hibs fan should ever boo a Hibs player.

Well yeah, I don't personally boo, but I can understand it if it's something totally daft, never for a player just being in the team!

Craig_in_Prague
22-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I like him. He was marking Rob Jones from the corner in 2007 final :-)

Stevie Reid
22-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Was happy when we signed him and he looked really quite good at first when he played up front with Fletcher, sadly it was pretty much downhill from there, bar a few outstanding finishes, and he seemed to leave us a worse player than he was when he arrived (not alone in that respect in recent years, sadly).

I don't recall Nishy missing too many sitters for us, but then I can barely remember him getting in a scoring position in his last season with us - however, the abuse that he got was shocking, and I wish him every success at Dundee.

LeighLoyal
22-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Dundee fans are in for a treat... :faf:

allezsauzee
22-08-2012, 11:29 AM
How ironic if he gets a better reception from the Hibs support as a Dundee player! I hate when any player gets dogs abuse from their own support but it must have been even harder to take as a Hibby himself. I don't think he is good enough for Hibs but good luck to him at Dundee

HibbyAndy
22-08-2012, 11:38 AM
2 players im glad wont be plying their trade at easter rd this season, Dundee certs to go right back down.

O'Rourke3
22-08-2012, 06:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19344168

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Best of luck to one of our own. Footballing ability aside and performances for Hibs aside, he's a Hibby doing for a living what we'd all love to.

Leitherhibs
22-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Whether hibees appreciate him or not he will score 10+ goals this season. Certain of that.

DoonTheSlope
22-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Best wishes to the big man. No matter what people say about Colin he scores goals and I hope this continues, hopefully not against Hibernian though.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-08-2012, 07:47 PM

Ok humour me - please explain why there are Any grounds for "abusing" a Hibs player?

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Hope that he has learned a bit in England. Dundee are a fairly wee team and need a bit of height up front. If he gets the ball and stays up and onside he will put away at least double figures. If he doesn't, he won't.
i wonder sometimes if some folk would like a Hibs team managed by Collins, with Yogi as assistant. The line up would be Maka in goals and include Nish. Curier, Donaldson, Dobbie, Vaz Te etc. Not because it would be a winning side, but we could continually churn up old rubbish rather than looking forward.