PDA

View Full Version : Alfred Finnbogason

Future17
21-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Just reading Henrik Larsson comments on the forthcoming Champions League match between Celtc and Helsingborg and noticed that Leith's own Alfred Finnbogason has signed for Heerenveen after a successful loan spell in Sweden.

Good luck to the boy! Hopefully might see him in the colours of the team he grew up supporting one day! :thumbsup:

Since90+2
21-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Just reading Henrik Larsson comments on the forthcoming Champions League match between Celtc and Helsingborg and noticed that Leith's own Alfred Finnbogason has signed for Heerenveen after a successful loan spell in Sweden.

Good luck to the boy! Hopefully might see him in the colours of the team he grew up supporting one day! :thumbsup:

Think we may have missed the boat there if he is already at Heerenveen.

Juice-Terry
21-08-2012, 08:22 AM

Well done Future 17 for calling Helsingborg just that: Helsingborg - and not HelsingborgS! Pedant alert here, yes, but it always annoys me when people refer to that club as HelsingborgS. It's either "Helsingborg" or, to use the full name, "Helsingborgs IF". In Swedish, you stick a 's' on the end of the city's name to give the football club from that city its name - when combined with something like "Football Club". A strange but illustrative example: had, say, Aberdeen been a Swedish club they would have been called "Aberdeens Football Club" (we don't use an apostrophe for possessives in Swedish). "Helsingborgs IF" stands for, in English, "Helsingborg's Athletic Association". There! Glad to get that off my chest. And breathe.... :wink:

EdinMike
21-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Was this the lad who played for Hutchie ? Some cracking player ! Only ever watched him, never played against. Thankfully !

Edit: Hur mår du Terry. Jag insåg inte andra människor talade svenska på detta forum.

Juice-Terry
21-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Was this the lad who played for Hutchie ? Some cracking player ! Only ever watched him, never played against. Thankfully !

Edit: Hur mår du Terry. Jag insåg inte andra människor talade svenska på detta forum.

Tack, bara bra. Själv då? Bor du i Edinburgh?

EdinMike
21-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Tack, bara bra. Själv då? Bor du i Edinburgh?

Ja, jag lär mig svenska i min egen tid när jag var uttråkad en sommar. Det är inte den bästa men jag klarar.

Talk amongst yourselfs...:greengrin

Gettin' Auld
21-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Ja, jag lär mig svenska i min egen tid när jag var uttråkad en sommar. Det är inte den bästa men jag klarar.

Talk amongst yourselfs...:greengrin

English lesson - The word is yourselves. :wink:

EdinMike
21-08-2012, 09:27 AM

Failed at my first language, I'll stick and move to Sweden...

Gettin' Auld
21-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Failed at my first language, I'll stick and move to Sweden...

Ha Ha. Sorry bud, i just couldn't resist. :aok:

EdinMike
21-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Ha Ha. Sorry bud, i just couldn't resist. :aok:

Not gonna bother learning Italian now, You've ruined it !!

Gettin' Auld
21-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Not gonna bother learning Italian now, You've ruined it !!

Spiacente.

Juice-Terry
21-08-2012, 09:42 AM

Actually, the word is 'yourselves'. You know, the use/mention distinction?

:wink::wink:
:flag:

EdinMike
21-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Ho imparato italiano da mesi, che il commento era inutile.

Is that the kid who played for Hutchie though can anyone confirm that !?

SlickShoes
21-08-2012, 09:51 AM

It is aye.

EdinMike
21-08-2012, 09:54 AM
It is aye.

Then it is the same guy I played against, and he is a magician with the ball !

Future17
21-08-2012, 10:07 AM

The very one. Born in Iceland, but played for Hutchie and developed a love for the Hibees while his dad was studying in Edinburgh.

jacomo
21-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I'd have signed him on his name alone. The fact he can kick a ball is a bonus.

hibernator
21-08-2012, 11:19 AM
here he is.

http://vimeo.com/16484614 (http://vimeo.com/16484614)

Hibs7
21-08-2012, 11:26 AM
So how come Hibs didn't take notice of him ??

Part/Time Supporter
21-08-2012, 11:27 AM
So how come Hibs didn't take notice of him ??

He went back to Iceland when he was 12.

givescotlandfreedom
21-08-2012, 11:35 AM
It's only at the top of Easter Road! Petrie!

Iceman
06-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Asked by Icelandic sportsjournalists where he would like to progress in the future and play. Alfred Finnbogason said the basic answers, the Premiership and La Liga. But he mentioned one club by name: Hibernian. Said he is a massive supporter, Hibernian supporters come from the unlikliest places.

He has scored 9 goals in 9 Premier League games for Heerenveen this season, 13 in 10 games in all competitions. Since last February he has scored 30 goals in 39 games for Helsingborg, Heerenveen and the Iceland national team.

Finnbogason and Griffiths together upfront in 2013-14.

Edit: Sorry, didnt know there was a thread already up on him.

JimBHibees
06-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Asked by Icelandic sportsjournalists where he would like to progress in the future and play. Alfred Finnbogason said the basic answers, the Premiership and La Liga. But he mentioned one club by name: Hibernian. Said he is a massive supporter, Hibernian supporters come from the unlikliest places.

He has scored 9 goals in 9 Premier League games for Heerenveen this season, 13 in 10 games in all competitions. Since last February he has scored 30 goals in 39 games for Helsingborg, Heerenveen and the Iceland national team.

I think his family lived in Edinburgh for a few years when he was younger.

HoboHarry
06-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Lived here a while and played here too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfre%C3%B0_Finnbogason

iwasthere1972
06-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Born in Reykjavík, Finnbogason played for Fjölnir's youth teams while also spending a part of his childhood in the Scottish capital Edinburgh while his father studied in the city. Finnbogason played for the reputed boys football club Hutchison Vale and became a fan of Hibernian.

cabbageandribs1875
06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Finnbogason, good Leith name that

:)

frazeHFC
06-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Why are we people believing this guy? He posts every 6 months about us signing the next Icelanic wonderkid...

If it turns out to be true this time then fair enough, but hasn't last 3 or 4 times.

bingo70
06-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Why are we people believing this guy? He posts every 6 months about us signing the next Icelanic wonderkid...

If it turns out to be true this time then fair enough, but hasn't last 3 or 4 times.

I was going to post something similar until i realised the player in question does actually have Edinburgh links.

Still reckon Iceman is Victor Pallson though and he just gives his mates a mention every 6 months or so :wink:

MSK
06-11-2012, 05:11 PM

If it turns out to be true this time then fair enough, but hasn't last 3 or 4 times.A whole 3 players ..wow wee ..:greengrin