PDA

View Full Version : Parkhead restricted view seats

JohnStephens91
20-08-2012, 01:42 PM
How bad are the views and how much of the view of the pitch is obstructed? I've never sat there and was just wondering as I have heard mixed reviews from people sitting there

Billy Whizz
20-08-2012, 01:47 PM
How bad are the views and how much of the view of the pitch is obstructed? I've never sat there and was just wondering as I have heard mixed reviews from people sitting there

Pot luck unfortunately. There is a big pillar that holds up their main stand that blocks the view of the far away goal/corner flag, depending on where you are sitting! They do have some TV's:confused: so you can watch.

You can even be more unfortunate in purchasing a seat, where in fact there was no seat at all, only a backing, as has happened to me on a few occasions!!!!!!

Pretty Boy
20-08-2012, 01:56 PM
From my experience they were awful. About a quarter of the park out of sight.

Pay the few quid extra for the proper seats imo.

JohnStephens91
20-08-2012, 02:01 PM
From my experience they were awful. About a quarter of the park out of sight.

Pay the few quid extra for the proper seats imo.

It's alright I have one with an unrestricted view :aok:

How do they get away with charging £26 for it :confused:

JeMeSouviens
20-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Even a lot of the supposedly unrestricted views have that pillar taking up a big chunk of the pitch.

lyonhibs
20-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Any seat in that *****heap is bound to have a honking view. Horrid place.

zlatan
20-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Pain in the arse but one of my favourite Hibs going memories was seeing Scott Brown disappear behind that pillar in May 2005 only for a ball to emerge from the other side and float into the net.

.Sean.
20-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Seats are hit and miss. I hate Parkhead. The stadium although big is a dump and it's in the most deprived area I've ever set foot in. Horrible place. Absolute *****hole and by a mile the least enjoyable away game there is. Not to mention the absolute **** masquarading as Polis and stewards.

Barney McGrew
20-08-2012, 04:05 PM
You can even be more unfortunate in purchasing a seat, where in fact there was no seat at all, only a backing, as has happened to me on a few occasions!!!!!!

I've had one of those before. Murder, especially when the stewards threatened to throw me out for not sitting down :rolleyes:

Everyone likes to make out that a trip to Ibrox is bad, but Parkhead is by far and away my least favourite away ground. Horrible, horrible people with massive chips on their shoulders.

Simon70
20-08-2012, 04:08 PM
It's total pot luck. I've had a "restricted view" seat at Parkhead before that had no restricted view. Converesely, I've had one of the dearer tickets, only to find it has a restrcted view.......

lyonhibs
20-08-2012, 04:09 PM
I've had one of those before. Murder, especially when the stewards threatened to throw me out for not sitting down :rolleyes:

Everyone likes to make out that a trip to Ibrox is bad, but Parkhead is by far and away my least favourite away ground. Horrible, horrible people with massive chips on their shoulders.

Seats are hit and miss. I hate Parkhead. The stadium although big is a dump and it's in the most deprived area I've ever set foot in. Horrible place. Absolute *****hole and by a mile the least enjoyable away game there is. Not to mention the absolute **** masquarading as Polis and stewards.

Yup. It's not just 1 or 2 seats that are missing, it's tens if not nearer a hundred or so. A joke of a stadium, and they seem to have about 3 different types of security around the away fans, all of them wishing to outdo the other one in ****iness.

Horrid area as well - away fans should be issued with stab-proof vests and one of those old school photo viewer things with images of the Caribbean to avoid having to actually look at the toilet that Porkheid is located in.

easty
20-08-2012, 04:39 PM
I wish I had a restricted view on this number 2 bus....£1.40 I paid for the journey and I'm having to sit opposite a couple of jakey stoners who look like theyve been dragged out an episode of Shameless and smell like they've been rubbing up against a dead pig. At least their chats good though......naw wait, it's no! 'Cannae beat fig rolls for the munchies', you'd not think that conversation could last 15 mins!

sbell1875
20-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't like it when we get punted into the corner of a stadium for an away match. It is mostly ok but we get poor seats at Celtic Park, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and up to last year Castle Greyskull.

I think it's time we start to put away fans in the most awkward disadvantaged part of the South Stand at Easter Road!

Billy Whizz
20-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I don't like it when we get punted into the corner of a stadium for an away match. It is mostly ok but we get poor seats at Celtic Park, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and up to last year Castle Greyskull.

I think it's time we start to put away fans in the most awkward disadvantaged part of the South Stand at Easter Road!

Do you think we get poor seats at Tannadice. I go upper tier and get almost on the halfway line, best away view in my opinion in the SPL

sbell1875
20-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Do you think we get poor seats at Tannadice. I go upper tier and get almost on the halfway line, best away view in my opinion in the SPL

I just think Tannadice is a really uncomfortable stadium. I sit down the bottom section as £25 for the upper section (including the possibility of the most uncomfortable wooden seats in modern day football) is too expensive.

Then there is the issue with the Tannadice stewards on form yet again 2 weeks ago with their unecessary treatment.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2012, 04:49 PM

With the leg room they give you have to be under 5ft to enjoy the view.though.

erin go bragh
20-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Had a restricted view ticket ,when we pumped them 1-3 [£10 on O'connor first goal at 10-1 ] :greengrin only bit of the park i couldn't see ,was near the half way line .
Jakey/stewards are the worst in the league by a mile [all got the build of a jockey's whip ,with severe attitude problems ]

ggtth

Alfred E Newman
20-08-2012, 08:07 PM

Nothing wrong with the Ibrox section. 100 times better than Celtic Park.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2012, 08:17 PM
I've been once and I've got a 100% record when Danny Galbraith scored the winner in the last minute.

That'll do for me!

Terrible ground to go to if you're in a wheelchair and more often than not we get humped.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-08-2012, 08:25 PM
I just hate everything about that place. The stewards behave like Combat 18 are dangerous liberals.

Crab apple
20-08-2012, 08:27 PM

Least favourite match day experience for me. Crowd dispersal in the 1980's and 1990's consisted of being charged by police horses.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Nothing wrong with the Ibrox section. 100 times better than Celtic Park.

Agree with that. Always enjoyed an away day at Ibrox.

Will actually miss it now I'll never do it again.

fatbloke
20-08-2012, 10:32 PM

Don't encourage the smellies, restricted view - they should pay you to go.

green&left
21-08-2012, 02:31 PM
The views not that bad, no worst than the old East stand.

Also the last few seasons there have been zero problems with stewarding and police. The attitudes off them both have increased ten-fold. No problems standing etc. Like Celtic (and Rangers) away, always a good piss-up.

Piqué
21-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Wanting to take a friend to this but he is not on the database and its one ticket per person. I have a season ticket and my mum is on the database so she could get ticket. Best option? Wait til Friday and get at the same time? Or is it possible to get 2 seats together before then?

lucky
21-08-2012, 05:31 PM
It's the worst ground to visit in Scotland bar none. The police and stewards are the worst in the country. It also does not help we usually get humped

green&left
21-08-2012, 06:18 PM
It's the worst ground to visit in Scotland bar none. The police and stewards are the worst in the country. It also does not help we usually get humped

When were you last at Parkhead? And did you goto Dundee Utd away 3 weekends back?

Alfred E Newman
21-08-2012, 06:40 PM

This bad! Poor quality photos from my phone but you get the idea.

.Sean.
21-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Celtic Park is a dump and was it not built 'on the cheap'? Ibrox is 10x the stadium.

cwilliamson85
21-08-2012, 09:40 PM
With Parkhead having restricted viewing and Tynecastle falling apart does this make ER the best ground (behind the scenes dressing rooms etc) ?

Northernhibee
22-08-2012, 12:01 AM
With Parkhead having restricted viewing and Tynecastle falling apart does this make ER the best ground (behind the scenes dressing rooms etc) ?

Easily.

JohnStephens91
22-08-2012, 01:44 AM
This bad! Poor quality photos from my phone but you get the idea.

That's awful, the guy in the TO said to me that both the upper and lower section had warnings about the seats possibly having a restricted view, what an absolute farce if that does happen to me, especially as I paid the £29 for an unrestricted view

Chuck Rhoades
24-08-2012, 11:33 AM
20 restricted view tickets purchased this morning - struggled to get them together which would suggest they are selling well?