PDA

View Full Version : aguero out for 6 months

Ultrabee1-0
20-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Not even had a scan yet and he looks to be facing 6months out shocker.

Judas Iscariot
20-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Any link to a story?

Falkirk Hibby
20-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Doesn't look too bad, but then this is the Daily Mail:

Manchester City are optimistic Sergio Aguero will be playing again within weeks after a scan on the star's injured knee last night.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2190846/What-pages-say-Monday-August-20-Sergio-Aguero-injury-isnt-bad-feared.html#ixzz24542JNSg

Hermit Crab
20-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Not even had a scan yet and he looks to be facing 6months out shocker.

You have no evidence to back that up, his injury has not even been fully assessed, but you have him out for 6 months??? Aye good one pal. :rolleyes:

easty
20-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Its even worse, he's had to have his leg amputated and may never play again. Maybe.:devil:

LeighLoyal
20-08-2012, 10:30 AM
C'mon u Red :devil:

McKenzie
20-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Are you the guy that scanned him or what?

Haymaker
20-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Bloody hope not, my fantasy team is ****ed already!

Brightside
20-08-2012, 02:30 PM
so no scan yet and you know he;s out for 6 months. FFS. Nice one Mystic Meg. He said afterwards that he didnt think it was as bad...wont get a proper scan till tomorrow. He could be out for anything from 2 weeks to 9 months. Hope its 2 weeks as he's a great player who tries harder than most.

hibee
20-08-2012, 02:52 PM
They said yesterday he would have an immediate scan as Man City have one in the stadium, the cost of that scanner alone could get us a few better players!

Stevie Reid
20-08-2012, 03:02 PM
They said yesterday he would have an immediate scan as Man City have one in the stadium, the cost of that scanner alone could get us a few better players!

Martin Tyler also said that the new Sky deal kicks in next season and is worth 70% more to the clubs than the previous deal :bitchy:

A different world altogether.

easty
20-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Martin Tyler also said that the new Sky deal kicks in next season and is worth 70% more to the clubs than the previous deal :bitchy:

Yeah I heard that at the time too, scary stuff.....and that's in the poor economic enviroment we're in at the moment.

Haymaker
20-08-2012, 03:54 PM

I think every team gets £120m at the start of the season, sure I read that somewhere. Plus every game shown equals extra cash. Add in what you can sell to the sponsors (we will be shown to X amount of fans X amount of times per season) and it all adds up to crazy amounts.

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Bloody hope not, my fantasy team is ****ed already!

Mine too :confused:

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2012, 09:21 PM
I think every team gets £120m at the start of the season, sure I read that somewhere. Plus every game shown equals extra cash. Add in what you can sell to the sponsors (we will be shown to X amount of fans X amount of times per season) and it all adds up to crazy amounts.

Its English footballs version of the way Scottish football tied its finances too tightly to the OF. The way things are it looks like the clubs here are going to be able to ride out that storm ..... but it will still hurt.

If SKY were to pull the plug down south it will be an utter disaster for them and clubs would tumble like Dominos.

Irish_Steve
20-08-2012, 09:29 PM

Not sure how expensive these scanners are tho - I have one here in front of me but I`m not quite sure how i`d get my knee onto it and the lid back down again

khib70
20-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I was scanning the Goodison Park pitch for RvP tonight. Couldn't find him though. Was he hiding?:cb:greengrin

.Sean.
20-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I hope one day Sky go bust and send the EPL doon the pan. Money and greed, that's all it's about.

Stevie Reid
21-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Just another note on the madness of modern day football - Luis Suarez signed a five and a half year contract in January 2011, has shown that he undoubtedly has superb close control and dribbling skills, and has a decent scoring record despite missing loads of sitters, but all this was overshadowed by the ban for racist abuse and then the handshake incident (which further ran down the image of the club that he was playing for).

The other week, with FOUR YEARS remaining on his current deal, he signs an improved contract - WTF? :confused: Why improved? Surely his record of 21 goals in 54 games is exactly what Liverpool paid £22.5M for an gave him his original 5 year deal for? His reward for playing to exactly the level that you would expect for 18 months (possibly below, when you look at all the sitters he has missed, Sat in particular) and acting like an idiot is even more money?! Utter madness.

Sir David Gray
21-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Just another note on the madness of modern day football - Luis Suarez signed a five and a half year contract in January 2011, has shown that he undoubtedly has superb close control and dribbling skills, and has a decent scoring record despite missing loads of sitters, but all this was overshadowed by the ban for racist abuse and then the handshake incident (which further ran down the image of the club that he was playing for).

The other week, with FOUR YEARS remaining on his current deal, he signs an improved contract - WTF? :confused: Why improved? Surely his record of 21 goals in 54 games is exactly what Liverpool paid £22.5M for an gave him his original 5 year deal for? His reward for playing to exactly the level that you would expect for 18 months (possibly below, when you look at all the sitters he has missed, Sat in particular) and acting like an idiot is even more money?! Utter madness.

I agree but football is not in the real world nowadays.

You just have to look at the Carlos Tevez situation as well to realise that.

In what other profession would you be able to turn up at your place of work, refuse to carry out tasks set out by your manager, go AWOL for the next 6 months, accuse your manager of treating you "like a dog" and then come back 6 months later and carry on as if nothing's happened?

I'm guessing that if anyone on here tried something similar in their place of work, they would be handed their p45 and joining the dole queue very quickly.

YehButNoBut
21-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Looks like City will be signing Cavani from Napoli to replace him according to a few on twitter.

Very decent replacement.

jgl07
22-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Looks like City will be signing Cavani from Napoli to replace him according to a few on twitter.

Very decent replacement.

But contrary to the title of this stupid thread, Aguero is not likely to be out for very long. No surgery is required.

If Cavani does come in it could mean that Dzeko is on his way out.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2012, 11:22 AM
I agree but football is not in the real world nowadays.

You just have to look at the Carlos Tevez situation as well to realise that.

In what other profession would you be able to turn up at your place of work, refuse to carry out tasks set out by your manager, go AWOL for the next 6 months, accuse your manager of treating you "like a dog" and then come back 6 months later and carry on as if nothing's happened?

I'm guessing that if anyone on here tried something similar in their place of work, they would be handed their p45 and joining the dole queue very quickly.

Totally agree, I had plenty to say about the Tevez situation last season. City were worthy champions last year, but the depressing thing about their win is it just further demonstrated that guys like Tevez can do whatever the **** they like, and that even when you're earning as much money as anyone else in your field, it is no guarantee of professionalism or commitment, or any other attributes that should be a given when earning such obscene amounts of money.

Judging by his sound bite ("Magnifico") when asked on Sky about the last day of last season, he still can't speak English, despite being here for 6 years.

TamHibs
22-08-2012, 11:49 AM
But contrary to the title of this stupid thread

Talking things to heart a bit are you not mate?

easty
22-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I hope one day Sky go bust and send the EPL doon the pan. Money and greed, that's all it's about.

Yep. :agree:

West Ham have apparantly bid £10m for Matt Jarvis today, that's ridiculous.

Hibiza
22-08-2012, 12:04 PM
aguero . sorry but , so what

IWasThere2016
22-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I was scanning the Goodison Park pitch for RvP tonight. Couldn't find him though. Was he hiding?:cb:greengrin

Distin's hipper mate.

Gettin' Auld
22-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Not sure how expensive these scanners are tho - I have one here in front of me but I`m not quite sure how i`d get my knee onto it and the lid back down again
:tee hee:

LeighLoyal
22-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Pretty obscene how they (Chelsea or Citeh) can throw 35m down on Cavani like it's no big deal. The whole EPL is corrupt in the boardroom, on the pitch it might be clean but we'll never know for sure.

Mon Dieu4
22-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Pretty obscene how they (Chelsea or Citeh) can throw 35m down on Cavani like it's no big deal. The whole EPL is corrupt in the boardroom, on the pitch it might be clean but we'll never know for sure.

Did man u not do the same with berbatov and Ferdinand?

£35m is no big deal when you have the kind of money they do

bod
22-08-2012, 04:31 PM
he could be back for the Stoke game September 15th
CTID :thumbsup:

jacomo
23-08-2012, 10:01 AM

More and more, it looks like Fenway Sports Group are being mugged like an American tourist.

jgl07
23-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Totally agree, I had plenty to say about the Tevez situation last season. City were worthy champions last year, but the depressing thing about their win is it just further demonstrated that guys like Tevez can do whatever the **** they like, and that even when you're earning as much money as anyone else in your field, it is no guarantee of professionalism or commitment, or any other attributes that should be a given when earning such obscene amounts of money.

Judging by his sound bite ("Magnifico") when asked on Sky about the last day of last season, he still can't speak English, despite being here for 6 years.

Tevez can speak English.

He chooses not to.