PDA

View Full Version : Ordering off's at Tannadice (NHC)

maturehibby
20-08-2012, 09:38 AM
I hear Dundee united are appealing against Russels sending off in the incident -
Looked a bit like Templeton's ordering off when he took exception to Mcpakes tackle and lashed out with the boot .
Save your time and money United as it wont be overturned as he did the same as Templeton and deserved to go .

givescotlandfreedom
20-08-2012, 10:48 AM
I hear Dundee united are appealing against Russels sending off in the incident -
Looked a bit like Templeton's ordering off when he took exception to Mcpakes tackle and lashed out with the boot .
Save your time and money United as it wont be overturned as he did the same as Templeton and deserved to go .

Do you think if Gunning was Leigh Griffiths he'd have gotten away with his celebtation after scoring?

shagpile
20-08-2012, 10:55 AM

Both orderings off were justified. Don't listen to Andy Walker & his opinion. The man is an idiot.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Both clear sending offs.

An appeal would be a waste of money.

Argylehibby
20-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Do you think if Gunning was Leigh Griffiths he'd have gotten away with his celebtation after scoring?

He was pointing to his arm not making a sparky style gesture.

givescotlandfreedom
20-08-2012, 11:05 AM
He was pointing to his arm not making a sparky style gesture.

It looked a lot like one to me and he ran up towards the Dundee fans to do it.

Argylehibby
20-08-2012, 11:35 AM
It looked a lot like one to me and he ran up towards the Dundee fans to do it.

Dont know if he has a tatoo on that arm or if it was somethng else he was pointing to (muscles?) but a sparky gesture would (IMO) have a hand clasped over the other arm and would involve a rapid movement of that other arm. In this case there was a finger pointing at the arm and no movement. It looked to me more a case of pointing to his muscle (Andy Murray style from a couple of years back) or at a tatoo which couldn't be seen from the camera angle.

Future17
20-08-2012, 01:23 PM

The funny part was Barry Smith suggesting that the referee would rescind the cards without the need for an appeal. Aye. Welcome to the SPL Barry.

Gettin' Auld
20-08-2012, 01:48 PM
If you're going to get a red card, you might as well make it for something worthwhile.

Let this 4 year old bairn show everyone how to get a REAL red card. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnVeeh5hMCw&feature=related

Tricla
20-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Both clear sending offs.

An appeal would be a waste of money.

Just watched it for the first time and I disagree with the red cards.

A minor scuffle IMO.

A talking to and a yellow card each would have been more than enough.

The game has become far too pussy assed IMO.

If a Hibs player was sent off for either offence I'd be annoyed.

Ritchie
20-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Just watched it for the first time and I disagree with the red cards.

A minor scuffle IMO.

A talking to and a yellow card each would have been more than enough.

The game has become far too pussy assed IMO.

If a Hibs player was sent off for either offence I'd be annoyed.

I agree, there was nothing at all in it!