PDA

View Full Version : singing section

Russ
20-08-2012, 12:33 AM
As an old timer if you like, you were at first an irritation, now you are an inspiration to us all, at the derby you were magnificent, and truly inspired the players, you even had this old guy jumping. Keep it up guys we need you. W ehave never had a vociferous support and you do us all proud.

StevesFamau5
20-08-2012, 01:18 AM
:D :thumbup: agreed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ultrabee1-0
20-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Can't just do it our selfs what's 50 fans? We need that hole stand singing and the other 2! People are just a bit shy these days! But I try my best when I'm up there

wearethehibs
20-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Can't just do it our selfs what's 50 fans? We need that hole stand singing and the other 2! People are just a bit shy these days! But I try my best when I'm up there

No idea who this is, but comments like that shouldn't be left on a thread that is praising section43.

Thanks to the OP for the positive comments, the group appreciate it

GGTTH

frazeHFC
20-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Come and speak to us up in rows CC-FF with any ideas on how you would like this to be encouraged, or any other ideas you have. Don't be shy!

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Just an idea but If the crowds start picking up why don't we get a few of the singing section in to the famous five and west stand to try and get the rest of the fans joining in more?

Lucius Apuleius
20-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Just an idea but If the crowds start picking up why don't we get a few of the singing section in to the famous five and west stand to try and get the rest of the fans joining in more?

Christ's sake. Is there nowhere we can go for some peace and quiet?????

007 Mickey Weir
20-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I will be there all season to do my bit. Great effort at derby from everyone at derby. Let's have the same again on Sat.

GGTTH

Cabbage East
20-08-2012, 12:33 PM
To say we have never had a vociferous support is utter slavers. it wasn't that long ago that Easter Road had by far the best atmosphere in Scotland. The old East was amazing and not just against them or the old firm.

Thecat23
20-08-2012, 12:34 PM
I can't say I was the biggest fan at first but the effort you guys put in I think is great. Be good if a few more fans came back and joined in. I'm now in the West but looking over and seeing all the guys bouncing it really is good to see.

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Christ's sake. Is there nowhere we can go for some peace and quiet?????

Suppose let's sit there and don't encourage the team and let the away fans out sing us. We need to make er an intimidating place to come. I'm not one who sings at game that much but surely I few songs all round the stadium will improve the atmosphere no?

Hermit Crab
20-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Suppose let's sit there and don't encourage the team and let the away fans out sing us. We need to make er an intimidating place to come. I'm not one who sings at game that much but surely I few songs all round the stadium will improve the atmosphere no?

How does singing the mercer song encourage the team?? That song was sang the most at paisley - what relevance did it have to that game??

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 01:26 PM
How does singing the mercer song encourage the team?? That song was sang the most at paisley - what relevance did it have to that game??

Did I say the mercer song?? I'm saying we should all try and create an atmosphere that will inspire the players and intimidate the opposition. Better than sitting there and waiting untill one of our players do something wrong and abuse them.

wearethehibs
20-08-2012, 01:27 PM

I didn't join in but a mercer song was sung ONCE. When the steward made the wee bowing gesture to try get us to sit down. I didn't hear the usual "he's deed" chant at all at St Mirren.

Lucius Apuleius
20-08-2012, 01:40 PM

Nah, I go to church on Sunday to sing and sing every morning in the shower. I go to ER to watch the football. Don't like being intimidated. I do give a cheer when we score though.

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 01:52 PM
No wonder the place is dead at most games If most fans have your attitude.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2012, 01:58 PM
:agree: Keep up the good work lads. :top marks

Beefster
20-08-2012, 01:58 PM

You seem to be blaming other fans for the place being dead at most games but you admit that you don't sing. I think starting to sing yourself might be a good first step before you start pointing fingers.

Lucius Apuleius
20-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Do most fans have my attitude? I do put in a ra ra ra when we score as I said. Quite sufficient IMHO.

You seem to be blaming other fans for the place being dead at most games but you admit that you don't sing. I think starting to sing yourself might be a good first step before you start pointing fingers.

:agree:

JohnStephens91
20-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I didn't join in but a mercer song was sung ONCE. When the steward made the wee bowing gesture to try get us to sit down. I didn't hear the usual "he's deed" chant at all at St Mirren.

One Mercer song was sung, but it was repeated at the most 3 times. That is 3 times more than we should be singing about a deceased rival.

Chuck Rhoades
20-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Wasn't at Paisely, but why on earth was the Mercer song sang at all during that game!? Be disappointed if it was S43 starting it. No point at all.

Cabbage East
20-08-2012, 02:15 PM
One Mercer song was sung, but it was repeated at the most 3 times. That is 3 times more than we should be singing about a deceased rival.

Says who?

If you don't want to sing it then you don't have to but the mercer songs will always get sung whether you like it or not.

JohnStephens91
20-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Wasn't at Paisely, but why on earth was the Mercer song sang at all during that game!? Be disappointed if it was S43 starting it. No point at all.

It was sang by S43, they were standing and the steward was asking them to sit down by moving his arms in the motion similar to what would be done during the chant 'Wallace Mercer, 6 feet under.'

JohnStephens91
20-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Says who?

If you don't want to sing it then you don't have to but the mercer songs will always get sung whether you like it or not.

So when a Hibs player or former chairman dies is it fair game for Hearts fans to sing songs about them? Also what do you mean says who? I was sitting there at the game and most of the section who were standing joined in. Not funny and not clever.

shetlandhibee
20-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Why do some people not want to sing and create an atmosphere. It boosts the team spirit and makes ER an even better place to go and watch the hibees. Last game I was at even my granny was singing. So why can't some others join in??:confused:but the people that do make a great atmosphere!:thumbsup::pfgwa

Saorsa
20-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Says who?

:singing: Tell all the :jamboclow you know http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no, he's no longer here :bye: so lets have a :cheers: http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no

shetlandhibee
20-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Why do some people not want to sing and create an atmosphere. It boosts the team spirit and makes ER an even better place to go and watch the hibees. Last game I was at even my granny was singing. So why can't some others join in??:confused:but the people that do make a great atmosphere!:thumbsup::pfgwa

But I wouldn't sing songs about dead people like the mercer song

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah like I'm going to stand up and sing a song when people around me aren't goin to join in. Like I said getting people from section 43 in the other stands will get people joining in like myself . Look what happened at the Dunfermline game last season at er was a great atmosphere and we won.

shetlandhibee
20-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah like I'm going to stand up and sing a song when people around me aren't goin to join in. Like I said getting people from section 43 in the other stands will get people joining in like myself . Look what happened at the Dunfermline game last season at er was a great atmosphere and we won.

Lucius Apuleius
20-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Why do some people not want to sing and create an atmosphere. It boosts the team spirit and makes ER an even better place to go and watch the hibees. Last game I was at even my granny was singing. So why can't some others join in??but the people that do make a great atmosphere!

Because I don't want to sing. That OK with you? How old is your Granny? ;-)

:singing: Tell all the :jamboclow you know http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no, he's no longer here :bye: so lets have a :cheers: http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no

:-) Not allowed to put any more smileys coz you have used them all.

frazeHFC
20-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Mercer song at Paisley? WTF :faf:

The steward was doing the action to the 6 feet under bit, so as a joke some copied him adding the words. Some people need to chill a bit.

wearethehibs
20-08-2012, 02:29 PM
It was sang by S43, they were standing and the steward was asking them to sit down by moving his arms in the motion similar to what would be done during the chant 'Wallace Mercer, 6 feet under.'

People in S43 (the ones that actively do stuff a lot of the time) all travelled together, there was about 15 of us at most. People that aren't in S43 and activley say they do not like S43 still stand near us cause they like to sing. Not every single song is started by S43 members just FYI.

Doing the same motion I started singing "lets all do the steward" to try get people to stop the mercer chant. I hete those songs

The sad fact is that more fans seem to join in mercer chants than Hibs chants. Saw a few lads sing the mercer 6 feet under song. But when the S43 lads started singing the Alee ohhh song I could see these lads mocking it.

Saorsa
20-08-2012, 02:30 PM
:-) Not allowed to put any more smileys coz you have used them all.sorry :greengrin

frazeHFC
20-08-2012, 02:31 PM

It wasnt actually. It was sung by guys at the front of the section we were in. I could name some of the singers, they dont like S43 never mind be a part of it!

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Totally agree with you shame others don't. It's the same on here sometimes when we get beat people on here can't wait to get stuck in but when we win there's hardly any positive threads 😌

JohnStephens91
20-08-2012, 02:37 PM
It wasnt actually. It was sung by guys at the front of the section we were in. I could name some of the singers, they dont like S43 never mind be a part of it!

I didn't see very many people not joining in though? Surely if S43 are against it they should have started another chant? I know another S43 member said he started 'let's all do the steward' but that was after the last time the Mercer chant was sang.

Saorsa
20-08-2012, 02:39 PM
I didn't see very many people not joining in though? Surely if S43 are against it they should have started another chant? I know another S43 member said he started 'let's all do the steward' but that was after the last time the Mercer chant was sang.:tsk tsk:

S43 were singing Sunday school hymns again :agree: they dinnae sing those songs :angelic:

:greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
20-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Totally agree with you shame others don't. It's the same on here sometimes when we get beat people on here can't wait to get stuck in but when we win there's hardly any positive threads 

But you have already said you don't usually sing:confused::confused:

By the way, I am a "happy clapper" and always positive. For your information, I will also be singing at an Elvis tribute night on September 1st after the celtc game. Probably not singing at the celtc game though, unless we score then I have to be careful. Cannot, for obvious reasons go ra ra ra at Parkhead. I need to bring out my special celtc cheer for that one. That however is a secret.

frazeHFC
20-08-2012, 02:51 PM
I didn't see very many people not joining in though? Surely if S43 are against it they should have started another chant? I know another S43 member said he started 'let's all do the steward' but that was after the last time the Mercer chant was sang.

Well this is my last post on the matter, but Sect43 didn't have that great a following on Saturday compared to normal, we occupied the back row. The Mercer song was started (as a joke, and only once from what i heard) from a group in front, and then wearethehibs tried drowning it out, and did. We know we did nothing wrong, not that i expect people to believe it, so may as well just forget it and focus on singing good positive Hibs songs this weekend. :aok:

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 02:56 PM
But you have already said you don't usually sing:confused::confused:

By the way, I am a "happy clapper" and always positive. For your information, I will also be singing at an Elvis tribute night on September 1st after the celtc game. Probably not singing at the celtc game though, unless we score then I have to be careful. Cannot, for obvious reasons go ra ra ra at Parkhead. I need to bring out my special celtc cheer for that one. That however is a secret.

might pop along:rolleyes:. you have it in for me today like, like i said in other posts if we get people from section 43 in to stands this will make other people sing like me and hopefully the rest of the fans, what do you think players would rather walk out of the tunnel to. people sitting down on their hands or people standing up singing?:confused:

marinello59
20-08-2012, 02:58 PM

Dearie me, they are just young lads having fun at the fitba. They ain't the singing police. (And I don't mean Sting and co.....their voices ain't deep enough for a start.)

Chuck Rhoades
20-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Section 43 are responsible for global warming

Fact.

Saorsa
20-08-2012, 02:59 PM

Fact.That as well, deary me :tsk tsk:

Chuck Rhoades
20-08-2012, 03:01 PM

Why not have a word with your mate then for starting that ***** instead of slating people on here.

ShanksSaidNo
20-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Do most fans have my attitude? I do put in a ra ra ra when we score as I said. Quite sufficient IMHO.

Bring back the reb's, that oughta do it!

Beefster
20-08-2012, 03:11 PM
might pop along:rolleyes:. you have it in for me today like, like i said in other posts if we get people from section 43 in to stands this will make other people sing like me and hopefully the rest of the fans, what do you think players would rather walk out of the tunnel to. people sitting down on their hands or people standing up singing?:confused:

So start ****ing singing then instead of moaning about everyone else not doing it. FFS...

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 03:26 PM
So start ****ing singing then instead of moaning about everyone else not doing it. FFS...

one person is going to make a difference right enough. thats why i said get a group of people you are clearly missing the point.

RoYO!
20-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Every thread these days is turning into a bitching session. Hoping this falls away as we pick up more wins...

No? Ah well was a nice thought :p

Beefster
20-08-2012, 04:08 PM
one person is going to make a difference right enough. thats why i said get a group of people you are clearly missing the point.

I'm not really missing the point. You're moaning about everyone not doing something you don't do yourself.

As for the 'one person' thing, if you want to make a difference join Section 43.

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm not really missing the point. You're moaning about everyone not doing something you don't do yourself.

As for the 'one person' thing, if you want to make a difference join Section 43.

Fair enough just trying to make a suggestion which could have improved hibs games no need to get uptight about it

Macaroon
20-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I hate this. All S43 is trying to do is create an atmosphere at games and get people up on their feet and support our team. And they're bloody succeeding and doing a great job of it. Why do people feel the need to slate them and create rifts in the Hibernian support. We are all meant to be together as a group and there are some who are actively disassociating themselves with other Hibees who are trying to build up a positive atmosphere. They have given fantastic amounts of time, effort and money creating displays and flags for the Final/Semi Final/Derby and have at least gone some way to restoring some of the pride that the Hibs support has been lacking in recent seasons. It would do us good to have more fans like them, in my opinion.

Well done, S43. Keep up the good work :agree: :aok:

Lucius Apuleius
20-08-2012, 04:18 PM

Nope, definitely not got it in for you at all junior. Long way for you to come to hear me sing by the way. :greengrin Don't really care what the players think. They should care what I think though.

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Fair enough just trying to make a suggestion which could have improved hibs games no need to get uptight about it

JohnStephens91
20-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Why not have a word with your mate then for starting that ***** instead of slating people on here.

I go to Hibs matches myself so I have no mate to speak to? Also I'm not slating individuals, I have a lot of time for S43 and the work they do.

Russ
20-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I hate this. All S43 is trying to do is create an atmosphere at games and get people up on their feet and support our team. And they're bloody succeeding and doing a great job of it. Why do people feel the need to slate them and create rifts in the Hibernian support. We are all meant to be together as a group and there are some who are actively disassociating themselves with other Hibees who are trying to build up a positive atmosphere. They have given fantastic amounts of time, effort and money creating displays and flags for the Final/Semi Final/Derby and have at least gone some way to restoring some of the pride that the Hibs support has been lacking in recent seasons. It would do us good to have more fans like them, in my opinion.

Well done, S43. Keep up the good work :agree: :aok:

EVERYTHING HE SAID :thumbsup: LET'S KEEP IT POSITIVE GUYS

God Petrie
20-08-2012, 06:00 PM
There was one complete twat at the St Mirren game who shouted at S43 for singing the mercer song. The guy goes to all Hibs away games with a group who swan about like they are the Hibs police.

Some of the S43 songs aren't great but they do help the atmosphere amongst the support on the whole. ********s who try to split the support by getting all humpty at fans for singing a non-PC song are more of a problem.

Baldy Foghorn
20-08-2012, 06:19 PM
There was one complete twat at the St Mirren game who shouted at S43 for singing the mercer song. The guy goes to all Hibs away games with a group who swan about like they are the Hibs police.

Some of the S43 songs aren't great but they do help the atmosphere amongst the support on the whole. ********s who try to split the support by getting all humpty at fans for singing a non-PC song are more of a problem.

:faf: :faf:

Hibee Ryan
20-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Why are people bashing S43? I would say 99% of Hibs fans want a good atmosphere at the game, so why do people insist on knocking them??? They put two top notch displays on for the semi and the final and have done for other games. They sing songs and try to get others to do so which is a good thing in my book and I join in at nearly away game I go to.

Songs that people don't like will always be sang, I'm sure there has been songs in the past and there will be some in the future but for god sake, it's one song for maybe 30 seconds max and it seems to get more people singing than most songs.

Keep up the good work S43, doing everything right in my books :aok:
:pfgwa:pfgwa

.Sean.
20-08-2012, 07:41 PM
The Mercer song is absolutely laughable when it's sang against anyone other than Hearts. You're embarassing the rest of us, so stop it. Cringeworthy.

It doesn't even wind up the Hearts fans. 'Wallace Mercer, six feet under' with the actions - :faf:

Does nothing for the players either.

Chuck Rhoades
20-08-2012, 07:44 PM
The Mercer song is absolutely laughable when it's sang against anyone other than Hearts. You're embarassing the rest of us, so stop it. Cringeworthy.

It doesn't even wind up the Hearts fans. 'Wallace Mercer, six feet under' with the actions - :faf:

I forgot only the 15 or so in S43 sing this song.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2012, 07:50 PM

I'm not embarrassed by the song ever, hate the man with a passion and enjoy it every time i hear it. I even find myself singing it in the shower now and again, its a number 1 hit in my opinion. If it was on cd i'd buy it.

.Sean.
20-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I forgot only the 15 or so in S43 sing this song.

I didn't say that? :confused:

Iggy Pope
20-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Because I don't want to sing. That OK with you? How old is your Granny? ;-)

:-) Not allowed to put any more smileys coz you have used them all.

This thread is tiresome, but that made me laugh! Probably went over a few heads though.
Old School haters ken what's gaun on!
:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2012, 09:07 PM
WTF is going on with this thread.

I cant believe the amount of stick section 43 get from some folk. Until they started their efforts to get things going ER was like a bloody morgue at most games and the home support were getting out sung by 150 folk in the South Stand.

I keep seeing misty eyed comments about the old East and the atmosphere it created ...... Sorry guys but its utter keek .... the atmosphere 'inside' the old East was great .... but it didnt transfer to the rest of the stadium ... it just didnt. I'm sure it could be quite intimidating for opposition players on that touchline ( as Paul Hartley once said ) but it did not make ER an intimidating stadium.

My only problem with section 43 is that they are in the wrong part of the ground ... as I go on and on and on saying, they should be pushing Hibs to terrace the FF lower and make the whole of that the singing / 12th man section. I have noticed a couple of times ( especially the Killie cup tie last season and the derby this season ) that the part of the ground most likely to join in with section 43 is the top deck of the West stand nearest the FF. If they were closer to each other perhaps it would be a good thing.

The Mercer song IMO should be put to bed ... surely we can do better.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Jeezo.

Some folk like to sing at the fitba. Cool, enjoy. Others don't, also fine. Don't understand this need for constant bickering. If the teams playing well and winning more folk will sing, in the bigger games more folk will sing. Always has been the case, always will be. If Section 43 want to sing all game then good luck to them.

As for the Mercer song, its pish patter imo but folk will sing it and that's all there is to it. No ammount of moaning will change that. It only gets repeated about twice then dies a death anyway, no pun intended.

DaveF
20-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Well this is my last post on the matter, but Sect43 didn't have that great a following on Saturday compared to normal, we occupied the back row. The Mercer song was started (as a joke, and only once from what i heard) from a group in front, and then wearethehibs tried drowning it out, and did. We know we did nothing wrong, not that i expect people to believe it, so may as well just forget it and focus on singing good positive Hibs songs this weekend. :aok:

I saw about 10 of you walking to the stadium in various states of drunkenness and thought - that was me 20 years ago :greengrin

Kids (apart the auld guy :greengrin) having a laugh on a good away trip watching Hibs. I'm just glad the internet wasn't around when I was younger and being a bit of a twat at the fitba on occasion :rolleyes:

Waxy
20-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Get a standing area at ER and i reckon you'd add at least a thousand into the singing area.
And probably bring back people who've not been for years.
Most football grounds have lost the atmosphere they used to have with being all seated.
Surely now in this day and age we could have terrace areas which are 100% safe.

frazeHFC
20-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I saw about 10 of you walking to the stadium in various states of drunkenness and thought - that was me 20 years ago :greengrin

Kids (apart the auld guy :greengrin) having a laugh on a good away trip watching Hibs. I'm just glad the internet wasn't around when I was younger and being a bit of a twat at the fitba on occasion :rolleyes:

:hilarious The one thing i can remember about the walk to the ground was seething at the 2 Rudi Skacel Sky Sports posters in the space of 30 or so yards. :greengrin

AugustaHibs
20-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I know why wel lost the final, the S43 singing was so loud our players couldn't communicate. Its always their fault eh? Petrie GET IT SORTED. People get a grip! Think about the hard work! Even into making one flag is a lot of effort! Gee the lads and lasses a break eh?

Lucius Apuleius
21-08-2012, 05:18 AM
This thread is tiresome, but that made me laugh! Probably went over a few heads though.
Old School haters ken what's gaun on!

:wink: Think most of my posts on this thread have gone over the children's heads to be honest. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-08-2012, 08:30 AM
:wink: Think most of my posts on this thread have gone over the children's heads to be honest. :greengrin

There won't be a singing section down at Dumfries as the schools are back and it's a school night ;)

Hermit Crab
21-08-2012, 08:44 AM

He pays his money he is entitled to sit there and not sing.

Chuck Rhoades
21-08-2012, 08:49 AM
There won't be a singing section down at Dumfries as the schools are back and it's a school night ;)

Considering some are a couple of years older than you, I think you'll be surprised when you see them at Dumfries.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2012, 09:12 AM

Whoever he was is quite right imo, not relevant whatsoever that song. Hibs police - what a great idea!!
Some songs are woeful, Motherwell and Inverness away last season iirc singing we are sh ite and we know we are really helped the atmosphere right enough. Splitting the support? By singing the mercer song S43 split the support.

Chuck Rhoades
21-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Whoever he was is quite right imo, not relevant whatsoever that song. Hibs police - what a great idea!!
Some songs are woeful, Motherwell and Inverness away last season iirc singing we are sh ite and we know we are really helped the atmosphere right enough. Splitting the support? By singing the mercer song S43 split the support.

How can 15 individuals split the support? There were thousands singing the Mercer song at the derby.

I was at Inverness, where that song wasn't sung and both Friday night game at Fir Park and the reply where we played well (1-0 up before abandoned, losing 4-3) and that song wasn't sung.

When people realise that Section 43 is a nominal number in amongst a vast Hibernian support they might then accept that the Mercer song, and others, are sung and liked by hundreds of supporters.

Section 43 is merely a scapegoat for those who wish to have a go. If the group were faceless and nameless then this thread wouldn’t have gone the way it has.

Lucius Apuleius
21-08-2012, 09:29 AM

Understandably so. :greengrin

He pays his money he is entitled to sit there and not sing.

Correctomundo :agree:

Considering some are a couple of years older than you, I think you'll be surprised when you see them at Dumfries.

So some of the 15 are older than school age :wink: Excellent stuff.

For the avoidance of doubt and the slow of understanding, I have no problem with people singing, dancing whatever at a Hibs game, or any other game in existence for that matter. I also have no problem with the concept behind Sect 43 and them trying to bring a wee bitty atmosphere to the games. What I do find particularly stupid, my opinion, is putting some of our famed Sect 43 into other parts of the ground to encourage others to sing,dance or whatever. Wouldn't really be Sect 43 anymore would they? Plus lets be honest, how silly would it look with one person in each of the areas standing up shouting and singing whilst everyone around him (including the stewards) is telling him to sit on his ass. Actually appeals to me in a strange way though. It would be like one of these orchestrated singalongs in train stations and things when one person stands up and starts singing then someone else a few hundred yards away joins in, and so on. That would be really cool.

Another thing that really gets on my thruppennies as anyone who knows me will confirm, is someone telling me what I have to do, especially some whippersnapper. Not going to happen. In fact the exact opposite is what will happen. I have done my time with my safety helmet on, a scarf on each wrist, a scarf down the sides of my stay press (never could get my head round the proper spelling of them) my Docs, my Ben Sherman (or preferably an Arthur Black) and my braces. Too old for all that crap now and happy to pass the baton over to the younger generation. Me, I will watch the match instead of trying to goad the other supporters for 90 minutes and try to actually understand the tactics being played so as I can come on here and talk as if I actually know what I am talking about when all I really want is a return to 2-3-5 and a few goals a la Baker, Gordon, Stein, Wright and everyone else I have had the privilege of watching at Easter Road. That is obviously at the games I can attend and am not working. Most games you can find me behind my laptop seething from every pore at the assholes, my opinion:greengrin, constantly decrying every move that breaks down, every goal that is scored against us and in some cases every pass that is made by certain players only to suddenly become ecstatic when we pull a goal back or go into the lead. Yes, football is a passionate sport, I spend most of my life trying to explain to the locals why they cannot possibly support Man U, Chelsea etc and to truly support a football team you have to understand that it is atavistic. It is not something that comes along in later years and certainly does not depend on how many trophies or games you win. You support a team because the day you were born, especially in the case of Hibernian Football Club, you were chosen. I personally cannot understand the hatred and abuse that gets thrown at our players by our own support. I guess it is their choice as seemingly they pay their money so are entitled to abuse them. I find that a strange correlation. Anyway, I am diversifying and going on a rant so shall stop now. However, I will still decide when and if I want to sing at a fitba match. 3 rows from the back of the East is a feckn long climb for this guy and I usually spend the rest of the game getting my breath back.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Another thing that really gets on my thruppennies as anyone who knows me will confirm, is someone telling me what I have to do, especially some whippersnapper. Not going to happen. In fact the exact opposite is what will happen. I have done my time with my safety helmet on, a scarf on each wrist, a scarf down the sides of my stay press (never could get my head round the proper spelling of them) my Docs, my Ben Sherman (or preferably an Arthur Black) and my braces. Too old for all that crap now and happy to pass the baton over to the younger generation. Me, I will watch the match instead of trying to goad the other supporters for 90 minutes and try to actually understand the tactics being played so as I can come on here and talk as if I actually know what I am talking about when all I really want is a return to 2-3-5 and a few goals a la Baker, Gordon, Stein, Wright and everyone else I have had the privilege of watching at Easter Road. That is obviously at the games I can attend and am not working. Most games you can find me behind my laptop seething from every pore at the assholes, my opinion:greengrin, constantly decrying every move that breaks down, every goal that is scored against us and in some cases every pass that is made by certain players only to suddenly become ecstatic when we pull a goal back or go into the lead. Yes, football is a passionate sport, I spend most of my life trying to explain to the locals why they cannot possibly support Man U, Chelsea etc and to truly support a football team you have to understand that it is atavistic. It is not something that comes along in later years and certainly does not depend on how many trophies or games you win. You support a team because the day you were born, especially in the case of Hibernian Football Club, you were chosen. I personally cannot understand the hatred and abuse that gets thrown at our players by our own support. I guess it is their choice as seemingly they pay their money so are entitled to abuse them. I find that a strange correlation. Anyway, I am diversifying and going on a rant so shall stop now. However, I will still decide when and if I want to sing at a fitba match. 3 rows from the back of the East is a feckn long climb for this guy and I usually spend the rest of the game getting my breath back.

GGTTH

10 out of 10, and a gold star, for being the 1st to use the word "atavistic" on .net (I have not seen anyone else use it):wink:

Beefster
21-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Can we just put a Singing Section/S43 template in the Vault so that folk can read it there?

[someone mentions the SS/S43]

"They were singing ****ty songs at x"

"Why do folk give SS/S43 a hard time, they're trying to improve the atmosphere"

"We shouldn't sing about Mercer"

"Aye, we should. He's deid. We're no'"

[Gogs appears]

"We didn't do anything wrong and never do. It was a jakey who ran away"

...ad infinitum...

Hermit Crab
21-08-2012, 10:05 AM
How can 15 individuals split the support? There were thousands singing the Mercer song at the derby.

I was at Inverness, where that song wasn't sung and both Friday night game at Fir Park and the reply where we played well (1-0 up before abandoned, losing 4-3) and that song wasn't sung.

When people realise that Section 43 is a nominal number in amongst a vast Hibernian support they might then accept that the Mercer song, and others, are sung and liked by hundreds of supporters.

Section 43 is merely a scapegoat for those who wish to have a go. If the group were faceless and nameless then this thread wouldn’t have gone the way it has.

Dryans post claims that the person that shouted at S43 for singing the mercer song was trying to split the support, that's 1 person. Must have been the previous season then but was definitely sung. I think you might be way off with you're estimation that hundreds of people like the mercer song and others.

Chuck Rhoades
21-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Dryans post claims that the person that shouted at S43 for singing the mercer song was trying to split the support, that's 1 person. Must have been the previous season then but was definitely sung. I think you might be way off with you're estimation that hundreds of people like the mercer song and others.

So you deny that hundreds, if not thousands sang the Mercer song against Hearts recently? And it would appear you also deny that the vast majority of an away support at Tynecastle sing this song?

jacomo
21-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Lucius, that was a splendid rant!

:thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
21-08-2012, 10:18 AM
So you deny that hundreds, if not thousands sang the Mercer song against Hearts recently? And it would appear you also deny that the vast majority of an away support at Tynecastle sing this song?

I don't deny anything, i said you're way off with you're estimation of how many like the song. Nobody sang the mercer song where i was sitting at the recent derby. As for tynie i would say its sung yes but not by everybody.

Chuck Rhoades
21-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't deny anything, i said you're way off with you're estimation of how many like the song. Nobody sang the mercer song where i was sitting at the recent derby. As for tynie i would say its sung yes but not by everybody.

I've never stated it's sung or liked by everyone, because it’s not. However, I believe your estimation on how few sing this song is way off the mark, but we will have to agree to disagree on that point.

As stated previously, we aren't dancing about streets pretending to be casuals, we aren't purposely trying to annoy the support and we do not consider ourselves better than any other supporter of Hibernian Football Club.

We are here to try and improve the atmosphere at Hibs matches by bringing more colour and noise to each game. We will make mistakes and work on feedback provided by the general support. By doing this, we hopefully grow in numbers, enjoy a better atmosphere at Hibs matches and win over those who are against us. Although I accept that we will never please everybody.

silverhibee
21-08-2012, 10:39 AM

Fact.

Told you the smoke bombs were a bad idea. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
21-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Every thread these days is turning into a bitching session. Hoping this falls away as we pick up more wins...

No? Ah well was a nice thought :p

http://gallery.rennlist.com/albums/album441/bitch.gif :agree: :greengrin

happiehibbie
21-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Am not a fan of the singing section mainly because you seem to have a go at everyone else for not singing and you seem to think that YOU are all right and the rest of the support wrong

the New east stand killed the atmosphere at ER am major mistake by Hibs

But do what you enjoy you pay your money sing your Heart out but some of us need to be excited to join in not just sing for the sake of it

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2012, 11:26 AM
I will keep saying it until i'm blue in the face, the singing section needs to be behind the goal. The bottom tier where anyone who wants to sing, jump about let off steam and generally behave like the other end behaves can go and do so.

In the east you are always going to find someone who does not like one thing or another about what this body of folk are trying to achieve.

With the size of the east as big as it is, i for one dont believe they will ever be accepted by everyone, and these threads will pop up week after week after week.

silverhibee
21-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not embarrassed by the song ever, hate the man with a passion and enjoy it every time i hear it. I even find myself singing it in the shower now and again, its a number 1 hit in my opinion. If it was on cd i'd buy it.

Tell all the hertz you know.......

http://www.frontlinefootball.com/Football-Documentaries/the-team-that-was-hibernian/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJl3Mriyeqk :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZvjUXgwJP4&feature=related

Chuck Rhoades
21-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I will keep saying it until i'm blue in the face, the singing section needs to be behind the goal. The bottom tier where anyone who wants to sing, jump about let off steam and generally behave like the other end behaves can go and do so.

In the east you are always going to find someone who does not like one thing or another about what this body of folk are trying to achieve.

With the size of the east as big as it is, i for one dont believe they will ever be accepted by everyone, and these threads will pop up week after week after week.

The club won't move a single ST holder. Therefore, what we would like to do will not happen. We werelooking to have the middle section of the FF lower. Non-starter, talks with the club will continue however. Appreciate why the club won't ask people to move, as any fan is entitled to sit where they want.

JIm
21-08-2012, 12:08 PM
If the guys do move to the bottom of the famous five surely their going to need a name change? :devil:

silverhibee
21-08-2012, 12:19 PM

You bringing your drum this week. :thumbsup: :wink:

Jack
21-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Does anyone else think there's a rival crowd of singers out to discredit S43? A crowd of folk who perhaps ‘like’ these songs? They might even join in these threads mocking S43.

I’ve been up there many a time and know a few of the guys in S43. I cant say S43 never start these songs, or join in, from time to time as I tend to spend most of my time watching the match. But when you're nearby you can certainly tell the difference on where those songs originate from, its not the guys in the group known as S43.

I know I was in at the start of Hibs 12th Man / Singing Section / S43 (left the organising type stuff a long time ago) but I still have a certain affinity with them and what they are trying to do. It always nipped my heid when the crowd joined in the ‘other group’ with these songs rather than the ‘singing section’ who didn’t and then got slated for it.

No change there then :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2012, 12:46 PM

I thought i might bring a flute this week. :whistle:

superbam
21-08-2012, 12:50 PM
I cant believe some of the stick Section 43 are still getting from some quarters. If you are not happy with the songs being sung, try starting some other ones. For me they have been one of the few positives over the last year. Its as if some people have actually got so accustomed to grim passive spectating and forgotten about actually supporting. That isnt having a go at people who dont want to sing, thats their choice, but there should not be resentment against folk trying their best to improve the atmosphere.

We have a support that now has a reputation for being subdued and passive, and a home ground which is widely considered one of the least intimidating in the league. These boys are trying to actively address this, are putting in a lot of time and resources and should be supported.

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I cant believe some of the stick Section 43 are still getting from some quarters. If you are not happy with the songs being sung, try starting some other ones. For me they have been one of the few positives over the last year. Its as if some people have actually got so accustomed to grim passive spectating and forgotten about actually supporting. That isnt having a go at people who dont want to sing, thats their choice, but there should not be resentment against folk trying their best to improve the atmosphere.

We have a support that now has a reputation for being subdued and passive, and a home ground which is widely considered one of the least intimidating in the league. These boys are trying to actively address this, are putting in a lot of time and resources and should be supported.

FranckSuzy
21-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Understandably so. :greengrin

Correctomundo :agree:

So some of the 15 are older than school age :wink: Excellent stuff.

For the avoidance of doubt and the slow of understanding, I have no problem with people singing, dancing whatever at a Hibs game, or any other game in existence for that matter. I also have no problem with the concept behind Sect 43 and them trying to bring a wee bitty atmosphere to the games. What I do find particularly stupid, my opinion, is putting some of our famed Sect 43 into other parts of the ground to encourage others to sing,dance or whatever. Wouldn't really be Sect 43 anymore would they? Plus lets be honest, how silly would it look with one person in each of the areas standing up shouting and singing whilst everyone around him (including the stewards) is telling him to sit on his ass. Actually appeals to me in a strange way though. It would be like one of these orchestrated singalongs in train stations and things when one person stands up and starts singing then someone else a few hundred yards away joins in, and so on. That would be really cool.

GGTTH

:top marks :not worth

Beefster
21-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Does anyone else think there's a rival crowd of singers out to discredit S43? A crowd of folk who perhaps ‘like’ these songs? They might even join in these threads mocking S43.

I’ve been up there many a time and know a few of the guys in S43. I cant say S43 never start these songs, or join in, from time to time as I tend to spend most of my time watching the match. But when you're nearby you can certainly tell the difference on where those songs originate from, its not the guys in the group known as S43.

I know I was in at the start of Hibs 12th Man / Singing Section / S43 (left the organising type stuff a long time ago) but I still have a certain affinity with them and what they are trying to do. It always nipped my heid when the crowd joined in the ‘other group’ with these songs rather than the ‘singing section’ who didn’t and then got slated for it.

Why don't the S43 and the 'other group' get together? Seems stupid to have competing groups.

WhileTheChief..
21-08-2012, 06:29 PM
We have a support that now has a reputation for being subdued and passive, and a home ground which is widely considered one of the least intimidating in the league. These boys are trying to actively address this,.

The atmosphere may not be the best these days but it's more to with what we have been watching, not the fans themselves.

A decent atmosphere should be natural and spontaneous. Think back to the AEK game - no need for any groups to organise anything, it just happened. This just all seems too forced/artificial and some folk seem to think that having a sing song is more important than the football.

The same fans that rocked the old east are still there, we just need to be inspired by what we see on the pitch. As performances improve so too will the atmosphere.

As it is, s43 are no more intimidating than Hibs' Kids days :wink:

silverhibee
21-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Glad to see no Grannies getting there knickers in a twist over this S43 thread.

Fergos
21-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Hibees bouncin around and singin songs.....as it should be, fantastic.

Hibernian Forever.

Just Alf
21-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Did this thread no start off in praise of S43?

:-(

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2012, 09:41 PM
There should be a singing section forum for this weekly thread!

Macaroon
21-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Am not a fan of the singing section mainly because you seem to have a go at everyone else for not singing and you seem to think that YOU are all right and the rest of the support wrong

the New east stand killed the atmosphere at ER am major mistake by Hibs

But do what you enjoy you pay your money sing your Heart out but some of us need to be excited to join in not just sing for the sake of it

GGTTH

Come back and say that when we start winning more games, competing for Europe again and sell out the stadium for a Derby. Then we will see what this new stadium is capable of

frazeHFC
21-08-2012, 11:28 PM

That is exactly what i have been trying to say. :agree:

Jack
22-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Why don't the S43 and the 'other group' get together? Seems stupid to have competing groups.

I don’t think the ‘other’ group like what S43 are doing. I am aware that someone from that band of merry men (S43), one of the older ones, has spoken with them but we are where we are. I get the feeling its about more than the likes of the mercer song, but that’s just my thoughts.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. :rolleyes:

Chuck Rhoades
22-08-2012, 08:16 AM
I don’t think the ‘other’ group like what S43 are doing. I am aware that someone from that band of merry men (S43), one of the older ones, has spoken with them but we are where we are. I get the feeling its about more than the likes of the mercer song, but that’s just my thoughts.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. :rolleyes:

**** sake this thread still going on? Nothing better to talk about like St Johnstone on Saturday (not aimed at you directly, Jack).

There's no other group. They are individuals who have an opinion.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2012, 08:23 AM

With all due respect Jack this seems a wee bit paranoid.

Rival singing sections trying to undermine and discredit each other. Really? If that is the case I'd suggest the people involved need to get out more as they are obviously taking themselves far too seriously.

ronaldo7
22-08-2012, 08:26 AM
**** sake this thread still going on? Nothing better to talk about like St Johnstone on Saturday (not aimed at you directly, Jack).

There's no other group. They are individuals who have an opinion.

Whatever happened to the YNT, YLT, BAR-OX:confused:

Chuck Rhoades
22-08-2012, 08:35 AM
With all due respect Jack this seems a wee bit paranoid.

Rival singing sections trying to undermine and discredit each other. Really? If that is the case I'd suggest the people involved need to get out more as they are obviously taking themselves far too seriously.

It's bollocks.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2012, 08:58 AM
We have been sussed, my seats are at the other end of the east, and we have been starting all these nasty :wink: songs and passing it off as section 43. All those months spent at the ventriloquist school worked. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2012, 09:12 AM
The club won't move a single ST holder. Therefore, what we would like to do will not happen. We werelooking to have the middle section of the FF lower. Non-starter, talks with the club will continue however. Appreciate why the club won't ask people to move, as any fan is entitled to sit where they want.

Its a big ground with plenty of room for a family section in the East. If Hibs came out before the season was half through and said that the family section was getting moved and that the FF lower was being converted to a terraced singing / swearing section I doubt that too many would object. I speak as a FF lower ST holder.

In fact this whole subject is something that clubs in general seem to ignore to their cost: I was at one of the meetings at ER prior to the building of the new East and had to admit that the plans for the new stand looked brilliant. But the truth is that my input at the time was ignored ( like I ever thought it wouldnt be ) in that I was concerned that the stand was too far back from the pitch and the ends of the FF and South.

A 5,500 Capacity stand running the length of the pitch with both ends overlapping the FF and South stands by a couple of feet would have been better for atmosphere. The corners are too open and the stand is just too big.

Thats why I honestly think that the singing section would be much better placed in the FF and I hope that one day Hibs will have the money available to properly fill in the corners of the ground ..... a long way off I admit. But heres a thought.

Hibs themselves have admitted that there are no plans to put any more corporate facilities in place at ER as the can barely sell the ones they have now ... another reason they were happy to have a single deck East. The seating capacity of the ground certainly wont ever need to be increased. So really we dont appear to have a footballing need for the unused bits between the stands.

The gaps between the East and FF and the South and West are huge. Why couldnt Hibs find a partner to build flats or offices to fill the gaps. With the right safeguards in place to maintain the integrity of the stadium we could fill the gaps and make money doing it. We could fill in the gaps between the FF and West and East and South with a more solid construction of steel and perspex with possibly big screens too. Bobs yer uncle ... a totally enclosed stadium with hopefully a bit of cash in the bank when its all finished.

It all goes towards atmosphere ... which after all is what this thread is all about in the end.

silverhibee
22-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Whatever happened to the YNT, YLT, BAR-OX:confused:

YMD :cb

ronaldo7
22-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Thought you were more CND. Peace and love

FranckSuzy
22-08-2012, 12:48 PM

Ronnie, you going to BTG on Sat? I'm meeting the representative from YMD and Desperate Dan :worried:Maybe I'll ask some of the old Bar-Ox crew to give me handers :greengrin

silverhibee
22-08-2012, 12:53 PM

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ena/lowres/enan103l.jpg

ronaldo7
22-08-2012, 12:54 PM

He hides the drum under his jersey just to sneak it in every week.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2012, 01:04 PM

silverhibee
22-08-2012, 01:18 PM

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2012, 01:24 PM

You dont want to know where i'm keeping the flute? :greengrin

Just Alf
22-08-2012, 02:21 PM

:shocked:

I could help with the drum tho.... I'll stick it up my jumper and no one would be able to tell the difference! :thumbsup:

silverhibee
22-08-2012, 02:44 PM

As long as you give it a good clean before using it. :devil: :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2012, 02:47 PM
As long as you give it a good clean before using it. :devil: :thumbsup:

No chance, i'm bringing that in for Ronnie the :trumpet: :greengrin

silverhibee
22-08-2012, 03:05 PM
:faf:

happiehibbie
22-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Come back and say that when we start winning more games, competing for Europe again and sell out the stadium for a Derby. Then we will see what this new stadium is capable of

I have never been away and oh i hope these days come back and soon but I fear that our Board show no investment so the white elephant will stay empty

down-the-slope
22-08-2012, 06:01 PM
I thought i might bring a flute this week. :whistle:

You won't be hard to spot then...big blue face and ventilation pipe stuck in your erchie :greengrin

ronaldo7
22-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Ronnie, you going to BTG on Sat? I'm meeting the representative from YMD and Desperate Dan :worried:Maybe I'll ask some of the old Bar-Ox crew to give me handers :greengrin

Sorry Suz, Tamsons for me. You'll no need a hand anyway:aok:

ronaldo7
22-08-2012, 07:25 PM
No chance, i'm bringing that in for Ronnie the :trumpet: :greengrin

At this rate, we'll have a full band up the back of sect 43 soon:aok:

Jonnyboy
22-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Message to S43 members

Keep doing what you do and ignore all these negative posts - don't even respond

After all, it's getting tedious and I'd rather talk about the game coming up at the weekend :wink:

edinburghhibee
22-08-2012, 11:49 PM
To the boys in s43, me an my cuz just moved from the FF to s43 Row HH and the Derby was the best game atmosphere wise I've been to in ages. I don't know if that's cos I'm closer now but I never sat down and I would urge all the other hibees who enjoy a sing and a bit of a laugh to come to this area and join in.

If your a fan who isn't interested fine we all support the same team guys we all want hibs to be successful and win games this in house bickering is embarrassing for everyone.

Support the hibees in whatever way you see fit... Things are on the up!!!

down-the-slope
23-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Message to S43 members

Keep doing what you do and ignore all these negative posts - don't even respond

After all, it's getting tedious and I'd rather talk about the game coming up at the weekend :wink:

:tee hee:

wearethehibs
23-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Not read anything since I last posted, just cant believe a positive thread about the singing section has turned into a 5 pager. Im going to guess its mostly negative ;)

GGTTH

Chuck Rhoades
23-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Not read anything since I last posted, just cant believe a positive thread about the singing section has turned into a 5 pager. Im going to guess its mostly negative ;)

GGTTH

Not much missed apart from the fact we are all under fourteen, we sing the Mercer song and we are responsible for global warmning.

Summary of five pages in one post.

Russ
26-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Once more guys take a massive bow, during that first half where it has to be said we were played off the park, you guys were magnificent:top marks take it from me the players get a huge lift from your vocal support

Golden Bear
26-08-2012, 08:34 AM
A good sustained effort yesterday guys.

All very audible from the serenity of the West!

down-the-slope
26-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Very pleasing to see the players once again very quickly acknowledge the support at the end of the match - a much better relationship being formed.

I am not naive enough to not realise that winning makes this easier and it will be tested when results don't work out. But even first half yesterday the fact we were getting a right run around was not due to lack of effort but due to a combination of St Johnstones tenacity (credit to them for that) and the midfield getting pushed back 10 yards or so deeper that the systems needs (as soon as we pressed second half Claros had players ahead to pick out passes to and it opened up for us) I think most of us are realistic enough to to see where we still have limitations - but do demand effort, we are at last getting that and a sense on the players fighting for each other.... anyway i digress

Good to have Sect 43 again leading on making a supportive atmosphere that others could respond to - appeared from West that more of East were congregated towards that area as well, which is a good sign of things becoming more cohesive.

In fact was thinking back to AEK Athens match and thinking of how good the completed stadium would now be in a match like that :greengrin

marinello59
26-08-2012, 09:27 AM
A good sustained effort yesterday guys.

All very audible from the serenity of the West!

A mainly positive vibe from the whole crowd yesterday with several chants also starting in the Famous Five Stand.

Hibee Ryan
26-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Quick question for any of the S43 guys, do you have to ask clubs in advance if you're allowed to take the drum in? And are you going/ taking the drum to darkhead? Keep up the good work lads, the games are more enjoyable with you

frazeHFC
26-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Sadly missed the game yesterday but my folks who were in the FF said it was a great atmosphere from S43 and the crowd in general. :thumbsup:

At The Edge
26-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Quick question for any of the S43 guys, do you have to ask clubs in advance if you're allowed to take the drum in? And are you going/ taking the drum to darkhead? Keep up the good work lads, the games are more enjoyable with you

Most of the clubs are ok with the drum, we bought a smaller size drum this year so that it can fit through most turnstilles as our experience of the Hampden semi wasn't great with the old drum ( for any drum folk its a 14" floor tom comapred to the 16" we had last season)
St Mirren in particular actually took it in for us as we went through the turnstille and waited for us to hand it back :greengrin

As far as I know its travelling to Glasgow for the Celtic game, Celtic have a drum so i guess they'll be ok with ours.

Yesterday was good as a couple of the younger guys took a shot at keeping the beat and really enjoyed themselves.

Hibee Ryan
26-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Most of the clubs are ok with the drum, we bought a smaller size drum this year so that it can fit through most turnstilles as our experience of the Hampden semi wasn't great with the old drum ( for any drum folk its a 14" floor tom comapred to the 16" we had last season)
St Mirren in particular actually took it in for us as we went through the turnstille and waited for us to hand it back :greengrin

As far as I know its travelling to Glasgow for the Celtic game, Celtic have a drum so i guess they'll be ok with ours.

Yesterday was good as a couple of the younger guys took a shot at keeping the beat and really enjoyed themselves.

Cheers :aok:

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I sat in my own seat yesterday rather than nearer the singing section as i did against the yams. And from where i was in the east, midway between the halfway line and the 18 yard line towards the FF stand, i did not hear the drum yesterday? :confused:

Russ
26-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I sat in my own seat yesterday rather than nearer the singing section as i did against the yams. And from where i was in the east, midway between the halfway line and the 18 yard line towards the FF stand, i did not hear the drum yesterday? :confused:
YOU MUST BE MUTT AND JEFF:wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2012, 12:17 PM

:agree: :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
26-08-2012, 12:36 PM

You can never hear us when people in the west/ff can, selective hearing perhaps haha?

Our usual drummer wasnt in attendance. However the drum will be at Parkhead. Good number of us heading through and 22 seats together inside split between three rows so should be a decent atmosphere.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2012, 12:42 PM
You can never hear us when people in the west/ff can, selective hearing perhaps haha?

Our usual drummer wasnt in attendance. However the drum will be at Parkhead. Good number of us heading through and 22 seats together inside split between three rows so should be a decent atmosphere.

I'm not sure if i'm just used to it now? I dont want anyone to take this the wrong way, but from where i sit we cant really hear you much at all?

Obviously the sound will go out the way, and the west stand will hear you clearly. :aok:

DaveF
26-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I thought the singing section lot did a great job yesterday and it was easy to see the clapping and singing catching across the East stand so well done to all - yesterday was a really good atmosphere all round.

down-the-slope
26-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Drumming was heard fine yesterday :aok:

Ross it seemed that even more folk than usual were standing yesterday - are the Stewards being more relaxed about this over time...or is it something your meetings with GOH have sorted?

Onceinawhile
26-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Drumming was audible on the telly box. Not much noise until the second half though.

Chuck Rhoades
27-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Drumming was heard fine yesterday :aok:

Ross it seemed that even more folk than usual were standing yesterday - are the Stewards being more relaxed about this over time...or is it something your meetings with GOH have sorted?

Standing is relaxed at our part of the East Stand, has been for two seasons now. Only time there has been bother was when the new East Stand first opened.

GOH very much has a common sense approach when it comes to stewarding/security and he is very supportive of what we do.

lyonhibs
27-08-2012, 11:43 AM

Enjoying the fishing trip are we?? :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
27-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Was in 42 on Sat and am now a founding member of Paddy Fenlon's Green and White headache. :tsk tsk:

Seriously, singers did well esp to manage anything other than howls of anguish in the 1st half. :wink:

Jonnyboy
27-08-2012, 07:20 PM

Nope, he's just MUTT, JEFF sits next to him :greengrin