PDA

View Full Version : Under 20's v St Mirren. Linlithgow

capi
19-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Anyone know where this is taking place? I see most clubs are playing on their own grounds. Take it there some new ruling.

scoopyboy
19-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Anyone know where this is taking place? I see most clubs are playing on their own grounds. Take it there some new ruling.

It's a secret.

Brooster
19-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Lithgy I think.

Makaveli
19-08-2012, 07:16 PM
I thought they'd be at Easter Road?

The membership bit on the official site says that ST holders get "Access to SPL U20 league matches played at Easter Road Stadium" ... which doesn't necessarily mean that they'll all be there, but there's an implication.

oconnors_strip
19-08-2012, 07:19 PM
No one knows yet, not even the players!!! Hope it's at Easter road with a 7pm kick off so fans can actually go to the game

Iggy Pope
19-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I thought they'd be at Easter Road?

The membership bit on the official site says that ST holders get "Access to SPL U20 league matches played at Easter Road Stadium" ... which doesn't necessarily mean that they'll all be there, but there's an implication.

It also says in the U20s fixtures list on the official site that all games will be at East Mains unless otherwise stated.

What it should have on big letters all across the home page of the official site is 'ANYTHING YOU MIGHT READ ON HERE IS COMPLETE BOLLOX'

Brooster
19-08-2012, 08:07 PM
I think the Celtic and Hearts games will be at ER, the others will be elsewhere., maybe Lithgy. All tuesdays.

archiebald
20-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Is this game on or off ? is it at East Mains ? tell us Hibs come on. :confused:

oconnors_strip
20-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Just read on scotprem it's at Linlithgow prestonfield at 7pm.

HibbySpurs
20-08-2012, 12:17 PM
This I believe will help

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120820/linlithgow-venue-for-under-20s_2262950_2893824

RSS Bot
20-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Hibernian U20s v St Mirren, Prestonfield Park, kick off 7pm

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120820/linlithgow-venue-for-under-20s_2262950_2893824)

Billy Whizz
20-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Hibernian U20s v St Mirren, Prestonfield Park, kick off 7pm

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120820/linlithgow-venue-for-under-20s_2262950_2893824)

They obviously read Hibs.net

linlithgowhibbie
20-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Anyone going to under 20s match tonight from Edin by car just needs to leave the motorway at junction signposted Linlithgow, turn left , go one and a half miles to roundabout at Tescos, turn right and go along High St for 1 mile until you see a split junction signposted Bo'ness on your right(ignore that) and just 50 yards past there on your left you turn left onto Preston Road.
After 100 yards go under the rail bridge and turn right.
The ground and social club is 100 yards on your left. There is plenty parking outside the social club or just past the ground there are loads of spaces in the Academies two car parks.
Davie the manager of the Rose club will welcome you with open arms, tell him Brian sent you!
I'll be in for a pint after the game, maybe see you:pfgwa

Linlithgowhibbie

linlithgowhibbie
20-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Come thru to Lithgy and see one of the best junior grounds around. Great social club next to it too:pfgwa

greenlex
20-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Handy for Billy.

frazeHFC
20-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Come thru to Lithgy and see one of the best junior grounds around. Great social club next to it too:pfgwa

Good opportuinity for a game of golf and then walk down to the ground. :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
20-08-2012, 03:27 PM

What time does the club open? Will probably be there by 5.45

GoldenEagle
20-08-2012, 04:29 PM
To save confusion the game is on Tuesday night not tonight (Monday)

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2012, 04:32 PM
To save confusion the game is on Tuesday night not tonight (Monday)

i thought so :greengrin i deleted my post coz i thought i had the dates mixed-up :rolleyes:

Billy
20-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Handy for Billy. :thumbsup: 5 minutes from my house. Brian is right, it's a great wee stadium...they just play in the wrong colours :greengrin

sbell1875
20-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I'll be heading along with my kid sister. Only 6 miles down the road and it's a chance to give something to our youth development. Maybe even see 1 or 2 players who may soon be knocking on the door of the first team.

Plus, it's not as if there are any decent games on Zitelli tomorrow ;)

forthhibby
21-08-2012, 06:54 PM
double from caldwell, handling and one from horribine

oconnors_strip
21-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Hibs winning 5-0 at half time, scores are horribine, handling as Caldwell with 2 each

bingo70
21-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Is there any players over 20 allowed to play? Sure when the idea was proposed there was talk of allowing 3 overage players?

If that is the case any sign of kuqi?

Billy Whizz
21-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Team
Antell
Donaldson
Kujabi
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Monaghan
Horribine
Gold
Handling
Smith
Caldwell

6-0 now

offshorehibby
21-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Is there any players over 20 allowed to play? Sure when the idea was proposed there was talk of allowing 3 overage players?

If that is the case any sign of kuqi?

One U23 and 2 over age players.

theonlywayisup
21-08-2012, 07:29 PM
I'll be heading along with my kid sister. Only 6 miles down the road and it's a chance to give something to our youth development. Maybe even see 1 or 2 players who may soon be knocking on the door of the first team.

Plus, it's not as if there are any decent games on Zitelli tomorrow ;)

Armadale - I thought it was only Rangers fans that stayed in Armadale!

Iggy Pope
21-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Team
Antell
Donaldson
Kujabi
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Monaghan
Horribine
Gold
Handling
Smith
Caldwell

6-0 now

Wishing I'd taken a run through now. Let the weather put me off, piss-awful fair weather pussy that I am.

ozzie
21-08-2012, 07:46 PM
8.1 now :thumbsup: , dodgy penalty for them apparently

Jonnyboy
21-08-2012, 07:55 PM

Craig Thomson refereeing by any chance? :greengrin

ozzie
21-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Craig Thomson refereeing by any chance? :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Onceinawhile
21-08-2012, 08:06 PM

Was a definite penalty. Young team played well and good to see pat fenlon and Alan Maybury there as well.

Ross Caldwell had a v.good game

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Well done lads, good to hear.

Chibs
21-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Great result.hopefully a new batch of young guns coming through and Fenlon has great future ahead.:flag::flag:

linlithgowhibbie
21-08-2012, 08:26 PM
What a performance from the young lads (with able leadership from O'Hanlon). Footie on the deck, fast and controlled. We even knew how to retain the ball at throw ins !!!!!
Shots on target and headers too! Tackles won and passes made. My long standing pal said it was the best he had seen a Hibs team play since Turnbull was the boss!!!!!
Was funny to hear the Saints had a player (no.8) called Jambo. He got a little stick for that.
Had a quick talk with Paddy Fenlon and Maybury, was good to see them taking an interest. Well worth the entry money, it was free but money in the bucket:flag:Cant wait for the next game.

SteveHFC
21-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Who scored for Hibs?

Iggy Pope
21-08-2012, 08:32 PM
What a performance from the young lads (with able leadership from O'Hanlon). Footie on the deck, fast and controlled. We even knew how to retain the ball at throw ins !!!!!
Shots on target and headers too! Tackles won and passes made. My long standing pal said it was the best he had seen a Hibs team play since Turnbull was the boss!!!!!
Was funny to hear the Saints had a player (no.8) called Jambo. He got a little stick for that.
Had a quick talk with Paddy Fenlon and Maybury, was good to see them taking an interest. Well worth the entry money, it was free but money in the bucket:flag:Cant wait for the next game.

Keeps a wee feel good factor going and nothing wrong with that. Wish I'd got off my erse now.

Jonnyboy
21-08-2012, 08:34 PM

Now that was worth seeing, I'm sure :greengrin

Let's hope the first team can follow suit in future!

Ferryhibby
21-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Decided to go along tonite as its only 15 mins away and christ im glad i did, pace,passing,goals,real teamwork...this was such a refreshing change we have quite a few good young lads there, Handling was the standout,caldwell led the line well and liinked up brilliantly with Handling, Horribine was a real live wire, and really like the look of the number 2 , the number 8 in midfield was pretty standout too also pakujabi put in some brilliant balls for 3 of the goals...somethings wont change and stephens still wont make it.

linlithgowhibbie
21-08-2012, 08:48 PM
And I/we got a beer at half time!!:flag:Was my grandsons first match, pity he was taken home at 2-0 (he's only 2years old:agree:

Billy
21-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Decided to go along tonite as its only 15 mins away and christ im glad i did, pace,passing,goals,real teamwork...this was such a refreshing change we have quite a few good young lads there, Handling was the standout,caldwell led the line well and liinked up brilliantly with Handling, Horribine was a real live wire, and really like the look of the number 2 , the number 8 in midfield was pretty standout too also pakujabi put in some brilliant balls for 3 of the goals...somethings wont change and stephens still wont make it.

2 was Bradley Donaldson and 8 was David Gold

Jonnyboy
21-08-2012, 08:57 PM
2 was Bradley Donaldson and 8 was David Gold

Bet it's been a while since you got home so quickly from a game :greengrin

Billy
21-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Bet it's been a while since you got home so quickly from a game :greengrin

I took the long way home...about 6 minutes :greengrin

hibsbollah
21-08-2012, 09:04 PM
I know we're winning 8-1 but losing that goal is just unacceptable :grr: no clean sheet. Another sign that the golden generation is long gone and east mains is a white elephant.

PETTRIEE! :grr:

oconnors_strip
21-08-2012, 09:10 PM
I know we're winning 8-1 but losing that goal is just unacceptable :grr: no clean sheet. Another sign that the golden generation is long gone and east mains is a white elephant.

Don't let Calum read that! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2012, 09:15 PM
8 was David Gold

I take it The Hammers joint owner was one of the overage players?

barcahibs
21-08-2012, 10:00 PM

Number 10 (Handling?) was going mental when the penalty was conceded. Good to see that attitude the guy obviously really wanted to keep a clean sheet.

Numbers 2 and 7 the stand outs for me.

Disagree about Stephens, thought he strolled through it. Our defence was certainly more shaky when he came off. If he could just keep his concentration going for 90mins he'll be a great player IMO. Still only 20.

To be fair though St Mirren were utter mince. Trying to play some sort of long ball game to two midgets faced with O'Hanlon and Stephens. Gave us far too much room to play our football especially in the box. Weren't even trying to compete in midfield, just standing back to watch the Hibs footwork.

Hibs played a very fast, quick passing game (it almost looked like they'd been told to play two touch football - if this is so then get them playing one touch!). On the deck the whole time, really attractive to watch. Some sublime incisive moves.

Bring back the reserve league, the guys need a tougher test than that if they're to progress.

Billy
21-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Caldwell's goals were actually a "Perfect Hat-trick"

The goals can now be viewed on the freeview player of the official site: www.hibernianfc.co.uk

fatbloke
21-08-2012, 11:12 PM
And I/we got a beer at half time!!:flag:Was my grandsons first match, pity he was taken home at 2-0 (he's only 2years old:agree:

Taking 2 year olds to watch Hibs:shocked: Child Protection issues here:greengrin

oconnors_strip
22-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Number 10 (Handling?) was going mental when the penalty was conceded. Good to see that attitude the guy obviously really wanted to keep a clean sheet.

Numbers 2 and 7 the stand outs for me.

Disagree about Stephens, thought he strolled through it. Our defence was certainly more shaky when he came off. If he could just keep his concentration going for 90mins he'll be a great player IMO. Still only 20.

To be fair though St Mirren were utter mince. Trying to play some sort of long ball game to two midgets faced with O'Hanlon and Stephens. Gave us far too much room to play our football especially in the box. Weren't even trying to compete in midfield, just standing back to watch the Hibs footwork.

Hibs played a very fast, quick passing game (it almost looked like they'd been told to play two touch football - if this is so then get them playing one touch!). On the deck the whole time, really attractive to watch. Some sublime incisive moves.

Bring back the reserve league, the guys need a tougher test than that if they're to progress.

Number 10 was handling and 2 was Bradley Donaldson 7 was dean horribine

Future17
22-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Caldwell's goals were actually a "Perfect Hat-trick"

The goals can now be viewed on the freeview player of the official site: www.hibernianfc.co.uk

Third is a cracker - great ball from Kujabi and good first time finish having held the line.