PDA

View Full Version : Is the BBC taking the p#ss

KiddA
19-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Is the BBC taking the piss, so they have a headline about Rankin backing Ian Black playing for Scotland under the Hibernian Link. Last week it was a link about McGlynn hopes for Euro cash boost. What the #### does that have to do with us????:confused:

Also noticed its not on any other teams link

Thoughts please fellow Hibby's

Heckys Wheel
19-08-2012, 01:43 AM
It's an outrage.

aliman82
19-08-2012, 03:46 AM
Is the BBC taking the piss, so they have a headline about Rankin backing Ian Black playing for Scotland under the Hibernian Link. Last week it was a link about McGlynn hopes for Euro cash boost. What the #### does that have to do with us????:confused:

Incompetence rather than anything malicious imo. BBC Sport, or BBC Scotland, couldn't give two tugs for Hibs or Scottish football in general.

hibbill2002
19-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Boycott them, dinnae buy their paper!:wink:

Gettin' Auld
19-08-2012, 07:37 AM
They're just inept. If you look at the squad on their Hibs page, they have both Cairney and Galbraith listed as No11, Kuqi hasn't been added to the squad yet, our top goalscorer is Garry O'Connor and wee Ivan has had 8 yellow cards and 1 red this season. :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian

Beefster
19-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Scotland (and probably Euro) stories are categorised as being relevant to every Scottish club.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Just poor research maybe. That is not just a fault of the BBC though. I heard Andy Gray say on Talk Radio that Rangers will have a positive impact on Division three because up here we still pool the gate money and share it out?

Eric
19-08-2012, 08:11 AM
They're just inept. If you look at the squad on their Hibs page, they have both Cairney and Galbraith listed as No11, Kuqi hasn't been added to the squad yet, our top goalscorer is Garry O'Connor and wee Ivan has had 8 yellow cards and 1 red this season. :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian

I wonder where they got that from? :wink:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html

Hibbyradge
19-08-2012, 08:31 AM
The BBC are renowned for their piss taking.

down-the-slope
19-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Its just poor level of input...the old rubbish in ..rubbish out proved true..

I think all resources have been Olympic focused. And just like other media looking for opportunities to have The Rangers on pages other than 3rd Div...so yesterday it was DUFC story of The Rangers owning them money...Black Booing etc etc..

Open all Mics lasted 5 mins for me on Saturday after realising Ibrox was taking most focus....its not going to change any time soon so better to save the blood pressure :greengrin

Jack Hackett
19-08-2012, 08:41 AM
The lack of online coverage for Scottish games yesterday shows what they think of us.

24 dedicated channels + saturation coverage on bbc 1, 2, 3 and the news channel for the olympics probably means we'll get **** all but the dire OAM this season

BroxburnHibee
19-08-2012, 08:47 AM
They couldn't wait to post a story saying the deal for Kuqi had fell through - 24 hours later he signed.

I'm not normally one for paranoia but I wouldn't be surprised at all if something more sinister was going on.

Preston commentating on nearly every Hibs game is piss taking as well.

basehibby
19-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Incompetence rather than anything malicious imo. BBC Sport, or BBC Scotland, couldn't give two tugs for Hibs or Scottish football in general.

:agree: They are pathetic and have probably got us muddled up with Hearts again as they usually do.

It's obvious that the BBC's interest in Scottish football is artificial - they only feature the lkes of Hibs at all because they are forced to - I'd rather they didn't bother and we just got some of our license fee refunded.

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Got to say I was very annoyed that there was no online coverage of the St Mirren match yesterday. If this is something the BBC are going to continue with I might have to subscribe to Hibs TV dammit.

:greengrin

Stevo1875
19-08-2012, 03:53 PM

:hmmm:...... how about the references to hibs fans and the game at easter road stadium?

probably as much to do with us than fletcher wearing a hibs top on a fifa 10 xbox game right enough............... :dunno:

givescotlandfreedom
19-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Got to say I was very annoyed that there was no online coverage of the St Mirren match yesterday. If this is something the BBC are going to continue with I might have to subscribe to Hibs TV dammit.

I didn't know what. Was it a technical issue or something? We always used to be able to get every SPL game online.

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I didn't know what. Was it a technical issue or something? We always used to be able to get every SPL game online.

No idea to be honest ... all we got was open all mikes with that prize Yam trumpet going ........ Ohhhhhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaarrrrggggggg and wetting his dirty Maroon breeks every time the stinking Yams got the ball over the half way line.

Biggie
19-08-2012, 04:52 PM
:hmmm:...... how about the references to hibs fans and the game at easter road stadium?

probably as much to do with us than fletcher wearing a hibs top on a fifa 10 xbox game right enough............... :dunno:
Yeah I had to laugh when on Saturday they were going on about Black being boo'd, and they go looking for the fans thoughts, and they go to Tynecastle !!!...wtf

number9dream
19-08-2012, 05:18 PM

Yup. BBC Scotland will no longer provide online comms from all SPL games.
We'll get one game at three and an early kick off if there is one on Saturday and a Sunday game.
The rest wil be covered by the truly awful Open All Mics.
Mainly down to cost-cutting, I think, but clubs have been trying to block (and already had done for overseas listeners) because they want to punt their own services.

Oh, and the Rankin / Black story is probably 'tagged' as a Hibs story because the game was played at ER. The guy was hardly likely to say yes, boo the wee rat...

Phil D. Rolls
19-08-2012, 06:29 PM

I hope someone loses their job over this, I really do.