PDA

View Full Version : Hibs' overall club performance article

bob12345
18-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Don't think it tells much which isn't already known, but here's a link anyway...

http://blog.grow-your-business.co.uk/performance-lessons-from-a-scottish-cup-humiliation/

Liberal Hibby
18-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Don't think it tells much which isn't already known, but here's a link anyway...

http://blog.grow-your-business.co.uk/performance-lessons-from-a-scottish-cup-humiliation/

I think it tells you he's touting for business for his management consultancy bull****...

Bookkeeper
18-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I think it tells you he's touting for business for his management consultancy bull****...

:agree: Been reading similar on here for years. Most of it in plainer English too!

ahibby
19-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Yep he says no more than we have been saying on here for years. Unlike us though his organisation might have a tried and tested solution for getting us to where we should have been. Mission statements, performance indicators, plans, geeze, whatever happened to you had a crap game the day get the finger oot!

Barney McGrew
19-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Particularly chuckle some that it should use Sale Sharks as an example - maybe it would have been just as relevant to use Stockport County as the yardstick, after all they were run by the same owner :wink:

ahibby
19-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Particularly chuckle some that it should use Sale Sharks as an example - maybe it would have been just as relevant to use Stockport County as the yardstick, after all they were run by the same owner :wink:

Good point.

greenlex
19-08-2012, 09:41 AM
I wonder what his bar charts graphs and scatter doo dahs would be like for the Yams or current buns? I wonder how they perform as a business?
Do they have " the winning formula?

VickMackie
19-08-2012, 12:05 PM
T he blog seems to indicate he worked for, or was part of, the club for 18 months.

It doesn't say much for him. If I were someone who was considering him as a partner he'd be ruled out for publishing a blog having a go at the club.

Idiot. He'd have been as well just coming on here and writing we are *****.

Beefster
19-08-2012, 01:38 PM
T he blog seems to indicate he worked for, or was part of, the club for 18 months.

It doesn't say much for him. If I were someone who was considering him as a partner he'd be ruled out for publishing a blog having a go at the club.

Idiot. He'd have been as well just coming on here and writing we are *****.

AFAIK, it was a marketing partnership rather than him working for the club. They promoted his stuff sometimes and he brought folk to the club facilities to attend seminars etc. Could be wrong though.

I'm not sure why the guy is being attacked. Most of what he says is right and, if he's making a living from business consultancy, it's fair to assume that he knows what he is talking about.

VickMackie
19-08-2012, 01:54 PM
AFAIK, it was a marketing partnership rather than him working for the club. They promoted his stuff sometimes and he brought folk to the club facilities to attend seminars etc. Could be wrong though.

I'm not sure why the guy is being attacked. Most of what he says is right and, if he's making a living from business consultancy, it's fair to assume that he knows what he is talking about.

I'm sure he does know what he's talking about. It sounds like he's been involved in the club formally and now he's having a go at the people who run the club.

That wasn't my point though.

Kaiser1962
19-08-2012, 02:07 PM
I wonder what his bar charts graphs and scatter doo dahs would be like for the Yams or current buns? I wonder how they perform as a business?
Do they have " the winning formula?

By his criteria of measurement that would be a raging performance success, they have "The Winning Formula", something that we should all aspire to.

Is there some sort of tie in with Brian Kennedy here?

Vini1875
19-08-2012, 03:01 PM
I agree with the guy as many on forums have. There is a culture of medocrity at ER and in Scottish football in general. The only problem with high performance working in a football set up is that only one club can win any competition any given year, if all clubs applied this model there would still be failure for the majority. At Hibs though many things have to change from the top to the bottom of the club.

I am not sure what the criteria is at Hibs but I am sure it is not to win every game, we accept defeat easily. At the OF they do not and clearly that has helped them over the decades. I think it would be worth listening to what the guy has to say about things might be improved.

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Targets, Key Performance Indicators, Benchmarks ....... Oh bloody hell !!!

In a nutshell there are only two targets that a football club has to look at:

1 ) ........ How many games are we winning ?

2 ) ........ How many people are paying to get into the ground ?

I agree with him in one sense though ..... It is not just the players, manager and coaches who should take the blame when things go wrong .. everybody from the owner down has to accept responsibility when things go wrong and at Hibs that hasnt always been the case.

If targets are on the agenda then for Hibs the barest minimum should be a top 6 finish every season and crowds of no less than 10,000 on average.

Anything less is failure.

ballengeich
19-08-2012, 07:50 PM

You've obviously not met the consultants I have.