PDA

View Full Version : Crowd today

Billy Whizz
18-08-2012, 07:09 PM
The stadium announcer said there was just over 5,000 at the game today, including a good support from Hibs. What I would like to know is where would they get another 5,000 into the ground today, when it looked at least 2/3 full. Do you think they are at the lash?

Onceinawhile
18-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Capacity is only 8,023.

Ryan91
18-08-2012, 07:11 PM
The stadium announcer said there was just over 5,000 at the game today, including a good support from Hibs. What I would like to know is where would they get another 5,000 into the ground today when it looked at least 2/3 full. Do you think they are at the lash?

Ground has 8,000 all seated capacity. They announced the number of Hibs fans as being 950, thought there were a bit more than that though.

It's a decent wee ground actually, and to get more than 5000 when the Huns are only 20 minutes down the road is to be applauded.

Billy Whizz
18-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Capacity is only 8,023.

Didn't realise it was so low, still felt the crowd was bigger than that

givescotlandfreedom
18-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Didn't realise it was so low, still felt the crowd was bigger than that

Me too. They could be playing at Ibrox next season.

Hibby70
18-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Capacity is only 8,023.

I thought the capacity was 6,500 and felt that the crowd was 5,000 on that basis. Cant see where 3,000 people would have gone but its like that with most crowds.

maturehibby
18-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Think that St Mirren "Massaged the gate to avoid the Taxman - we had more than 950 as ther was not a spare seat near us today .
I think it holds 1500 and I dont think there was 550 empty seats ,
Correct me if I am wrong

hibsbollah
18-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I cant recall a stadium announcer thanking the away support for coming in big numbers before. A nice touch i thought.

maturehibby
18-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I cant recall a stadium announcer thanking the away support for coming in big numbers before. A nice touch i thought.
St Mirren say thanks for the donation of £15,000 for St Mirrens coffers via the Announcer and also the wee mascot got the score right but the teams wrong

brythehibby
18-08-2012, 07:58 PM

Quite a few st mirren fans also applauding when they said thanks to hibs fans too.

Onion
18-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Good to hear an announcer thanks the away fans for their support :thumbsup: Been ages since I felt so welcome at an away ground - well done St Mirren.

DaveF
18-08-2012, 08:23 PM
The away end holds just over 1600 and I seriously doubt there were over 600 spare seats in our stand. Sure, there was the odd seat empty but not many.

frazeHFC
18-08-2012, 08:55 PM
The only seats that seemed empty were the ones with flags on at the front. I thought it was more around 1200 or so Hibees.

LancashireHibby
18-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Stop saying how welcome you felt etc, it just makes me feel worse about deciding not to go to St Mirren and choosing to run the gauntlet at Burnley instead! :take that

DaveF
18-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Looking at the clip on the fishy site, there are quite a few rows of empty seats and if that was the same all the way along the front, then I guess the figure given would be about right.

EdinMike
18-08-2012, 09:43 PM
I thought the announcer thanking us was a great wee touch as well. If they do that for every team then big respect !

hibIBZ
19-08-2012, 09:05 AM
sunday mail quoting the attendance as just over 3,000 surely that is a mistake, lowest crowd of the day in the spl if true

DaveF
19-08-2012, 09:09 AM
sunday mail quoting the attendance as just over 3,000 surely that is a mistake, lowest crowd of the day in the spl if true

The attendance was 5039. The lesson you learn here is never buy the sunday mail.

hibIBZ
19-08-2012, 09:12 AM
that sounds more like it.....usual crap from the sunday mail

kaimendhibs
19-08-2012, 10:04 AM
They thanked us the last time we played there too. And the paisley panda was handing out sweets to hibs kids as well as st mirren. All nice touches :agree:

hibsbollah
19-08-2012, 10:08 AM
They thanked us the last time we played there too. And the paisley panda was handing out sweets to hibs kids as well as st mirren. All nice touches :agree:

Awwww. Anymore buddy love out there for the knife crime capital of scotland? :agree:

The cathedral was very impressive.

brog
19-08-2012, 10:37 AM
The attendance was 5039. The lesson you learn here is never buy the sunday mail.

The Sunday Mason also excluded all Saints & Hibs players from team of the day even though several, eg Sparky, scored higher than players who were included!!
Also a classic quote from Gordon Waddell ( who I usually respect ) re the international at ER being " on the wrong side of Edinburgh " during the Festival!! Em, its only on the wrong side if you're coming from the West & that's definitely the wrong side!!

Pretty Boy
19-08-2012, 11:26 AM
The press have got it in for the SPL clubs now.

The Suns football pullout leads with 'crowd for division 3 game 49118, crowd for all SPL games 32487'.

Of course the inconvenient truth for the press is that attendances at all SPL games, with the exception of Hearts v ICT, was up on the corresponding fixtures last year. Some of the increases were significant, almost 1000 more at St Mirren.v Hibs and more than 3000 more at St Johnstone v Aberdeen.

Rangers are getting huge crowds just now, bigger than they did in the SPL, because of novelty and a siege mentality. If SPL2 doesn't materialise and they have to spend another 2 seasons down there we'll see how long it lasts.

sbell1875
19-08-2012, 03:39 PM
The press have got it in for the SPL clubs now.

The Suns football pullout leads with 'crowd for division 3 game 49118, crowd for all SPL games 32487'.

Of course the inconvenient truth for the press is that attendances at all SPL games, with the exception of Hearts v ICT, was up on the corresponding fixtures last year. Some of the increases were significant, almost 1000 more at St Mirren.v Hibs and more than 3000 more at St Johnstone v Aberdeen.

Rangers are getting huge crowds just now, bigger than they did in the SPL, because of novelty and a siege mentality. If SPL2 doesn't materialise and they have to spend another 2 seasons down there we'll see how long it lasts.

Some arse trumpet on Trainer's your call show (only listened to as I was stuck in traffic on the M8) came on and was giving it big licks about 1 Division 3 match getting more people through the gate than the entire Scottish football card. I thought to myself if they were in the SPL it would be the exact same statistic and it wouldn't even have been mentioned.

Those barstewards from Govan are playing on this super club BS far more than I was anticipating and it is getting very tiresome very quickly.

I think we are all well aware that they are the best supported club in Scotland. Having 20+ supporters buses whizzing past me coming along the M8 at Paisley helps confirm that.

The Harp
19-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Some arse trumpet on Trainer's your call show (only listened to as I was stuck in traffic on the M8) came on and was giving it big licks about 1 Division 3 match getting more people through the gate than the entire Scottish football card. I thought to myself if they were in the SPL it would be the exact same statistic and it wouldn't even have been mentioned.

Those barstewards from Govan are playing on this super club BS far more than I was anticipating and it is getting very tiresome very quickly.

I think we are all well aware that they are the best supported club in Scotland. Having 20+ supporters buses whizzing past me coming along the M8 at Paisley helps confirm that.

Yeah, that was Andrrrrrrew from somewhere or other who seems to be a couple of piccolos short of a full flute band!!!:rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeh ..... Green and McCoist both bleating on about how last weekend didnt show the big crowds we had all hoped for in the SPL.

Just goes to reinforce what we all knew already, that they dont and never have, had any genuine interest in the health of the game in this country .... I've no problem with them bumming about the size of their own crowds, but when they also gloat about the smaller turnouts for other clubs it really does go to show what petty small minded people continue to run that club.

The folk who turned up to watch St Mirren or Killie or Raith Rovers or whoever yesterday are worth 10 glory hunting* current buns any day of the week.

* ... Aye, still glory hunters coz they know just fine that their cheating club will steamroller its way back to the SPL in 3 seasons. Were not talking about the likes of the folk who stuck by Hibs a few years back, or the thousands who stuck by ( for example ) Man City for years in the lower leagues..... The likes of us had no idea if we would get back to the top league quickly ... a claim no current bun can make, makes their so called loyalty a bit overstated IMO.

Anyway ..... Its good to see that the Newco Rangers have kept one tradition going from the ashes of the old club ....... ' Under no circumstances should you show that you have any class whatsoever'

givescotlandfreedom
19-08-2012, 04:09 PM

We had a marvellous time pointing and laughing at them. They were a bit of an angry bunch :greengrin

sbell1875
19-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah, that was Andrrrrrrew from somewhere or other who seems to be a couple of piccolos short of a full flute band!!!:rolleyes:

Clearly an example of the narrow minded idiot that Charles Green is trying to communicate with through his constant bleating of the SFA!

sbell1875
19-08-2012, 04:10 PM
We had a marvellous time pointing and laughing at them. They were a bit of an angry bunch :greengrin

I wish I had the SPL badges on the sleeves of my home shirt. I don't think I would have tired of pointing to them when a bus of knuckle draggers pulled up next to me!

givescotlandfreedom
19-08-2012, 04:13 PM
I wish I had the SPL badges on the sleeves of my home shirt. I don't think I would have tired of pointing to them when a bus of knuckle draggers pulled up next to me!

:hmmm: I like it!

iwasthere1972
19-08-2012, 04:18 PM

Should have made these tax evading hun tramps play every home match behind closed doors until they get back in the SPL. Wait until the novelty factor wears off or better still they take a few batterings and we'll see how many gloryhunters can be bothered to leave their cesspits for Govan.

Baldy Foghorn
19-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Should have made these tax evading hun tramps play every home match behind closed doors until they get back in the SPL. Wait until the novelty factor wears off or better still they take a few batterings and we'll see how many gloryhunters can be bothered to leave their cesspits for Govan.

Derhun still pandering to the numbskull bigots, by having orange in the away kit.....Vile, horrible institution......Greene played the bigotry card and is now to appear before the beaks.....The irony of greene citing bigotry is simply sublime...:rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
19-08-2012, 09:58 PM

Typical arrogant hun tosser who couldnae handle Stewart Cosgrove pointing out that Rangers are where they are because of Rangers, not because of anyone else :agree:

Jonnyboy
19-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Derhun still pandering to the numbskull bigots, by having orange in the away kit.....Vile, horrible institution......Greene played the bigotry card and is now to appear before the beaks.....The irony of greene citing bigotry is simply sublime...:rolleyes:

Well suited to the huns as he is an arrogant tosser too (see my post above) :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
19-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Well suited to the huns as he is an arrogant tosser too (see my post above) :greengrin

Agreed, Greene and Sally just talk gibberish, and come across as arrogant and stupid....