PDA

View Full Version : Green shoots of recovery

bongo'd
18-08-2012, 06:37 PM
I was holding back going to games so far this season (shame on me I know) so today was the first time I've managed to brave a Hibs game since that day in May and I have to say I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

Firstly, and probably, most obviously.....thank christ we have Leigh Griffiths, he is gonna be a huge player for us. Two goals aside he did very little else but who gives a ****. For me he has more in his locker than Deek (I'm awaiting the pelters for this statement:wink:).

1st half was the most I have seen us try to the get the ball down and play football in a good while. As the new players get used to each other and the formation then I think we will comfortably become a top 6 six team (which we should be anyway). 2nd half we sat in too much for my liking and invited St Mirren on to us. Far too much for my nerves to take actually!!! Is it just me or does James McPake seem to thrive when the game pans out this way?? Thought he was average at best 1st half. Gave away a stupid penalty then when backs against the wall 2nd half he is an absolute rock.

Best performance for me was Tim Clancy. Not the quickest but extremely comfortable on the ball was always looking for an out ball. Tried to help out going forward and got little in return in the way of help from Spoony defending.

A couple of wide players (not necessarily wingers) but a right/left mid then I think we may have a good season.

Due to geographical location and work it ain't the easiest for me to go to ER every other Saturday but I will make as many away games as possible now due to the fight and desire that the team showed today. I urge all you other Hibees that are holding back going to ER or, like me, away grounds to make the effort to support the lads :agree:

:pfgwa

Special mention to the 950 souls that supported the lads in those final 10 minutes:wink:

RoYO!
18-08-2012, 07:11 PM
A Hibernian with bottle? :)