PDA

View Full Version : St.Mirren v Hibs player ratings and who was your MOTM? (merged)

theonlywayisup
18-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Last week it was McPake, as voted by Hibs.net members. Who will it be for the St. Mirren game for those that attended?

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Sparky.:aok:

Hibercelona
18-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Griffs and Williams were both vitally as important today. So I wouldn't know which one to give it to.

R'Albin
18-08-2012, 06:38 PM
?

FromTheCapital
18-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Super Leigh! Williams had a great game too though... :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
18-08-2012, 06:47 PM
I was delighted with the performance and the fight and the application of the players today. Throw in the weather, the friendly stewarding and the atmosphere and it was possibly the most enjoyable away trip ive had for a few seasons :agree:

Williams 6 saved the penalty and vocal as usual but his flapping at crossed balls is a cause for concern.

Maybury 7 solid
McPake 8 inexplicable handball aside he was fabulous. Won everything in the air even when getting constantly fouled by a frustrated Thompson.
Hanlon 7 fine
Clancy 7

Cairney 7
Claros 5 poor. gifted possession again and again first half, disappeared second half.
Deegan 7 Like the derby, sensational first half and then tired. Needs to pace himself.
Spoony 7 Much better, especially in a defensive sense. worked really hard.

Doyle 7
Griffiths 9 Magnificent.

wearethehibs
18-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Thought Clancy had a great game today

DaveF
18-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Throw in a nice couple of thank you's from the stadium announcer and yes, I agree, it was a good day out.

Williams - 7. Would have been higher but for his worrying habit of missing cross balls.

Clancy - 8. Thought he was excellent.
Hanlon - 7 Coped really well with their forwards.
Mcpake - 7 A point docked for the handball, but otherwise immense as ever.
Maybury - 7 Dependable

Claros - 6 Did OK for me, but nowhere in the 2nd half.
Deegan - 7 A real fighter. Once fit (assuming he ain't just now!) he'll be a monster in there.
W'spoon - 7 Great 1st half, fell out of it in the 2nd
Cairney - 6 Seemed to toil just a bit, but OK

Doyle 7 - working hard for the team, just can't seem to get an effort on target.
Griffiths - 9 Top performance, two good goals and could (and should) have had more.

theonlywayisup
18-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Keep your votes coming. Glad to see we have a solid goalie at last.

sbell1875
18-08-2012, 07:07 PM
I voted for Claros. His passing was excellent today and he didn't put a foot wrong. Plus, he completed 90 minutes for a change!

Iggy Pope
18-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I voted for Claros. His passing was excellent today and he didn't put a foot wrong. Plus, he completed 90 minutes for a change!

Me too. And there's another one of us!

Wee Leigh's finishing was excellent, but when he rolled the ball away on the touchline at the dugouts not long after his yellow I feared a second one......

maturehibby
18-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Claros for mesecond with Spoonie third .
Griffiths should not have been in the draw as he was in a class of his own

crossy1875
18-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Last week it was McPake, as voted by Hibs.net members. Who will it be for the St. Mirren game for those that attended?

I thought that griffiths and williams were outstanding although couple of dodgy moments for big ben but for hardwork and getting that important touch and interception am going for Deegs

Iggy Pope
18-08-2012, 08:10 PM
?

I was there, but I don't care much for player ratings as I have hinted before.

Williams' penalty save and his save at the near post towards the end kept us in it.
Clancy looked a wee bit suspect positionally in the 2nd half, but is extremely comfortable on the ball and uses it well.
Hanlon was sure footed on a difficult afternooon for him with St Mirren's height
McPake was the least convincing I have seen him, but as the game wore on and we were under it he came into his own. Definite penalty for me though. I could not have had a better look.
Maybury is pretty assured. Teale's introduction caused him difficulties but he sticks at it, doesn't panic and is just what we need.

(Overall, I think we defended well)

Wotherspoon is impressing me. We look for too much out of him. Hugely energetic 70 mins, great ball for the first Sparky goal and though he visibly tired, certainly amongst our star men.

Claros was as good as I have seen him. Always involved, looking for a pass and invariably found one. MoM.
Deegan looks a bit short of 100% but when he finds it he is the bundle we have been needing. Tenacious and aware. Looks like the jersey matters.

Cairney never reached the performance of last week for me. But he won't hide. Has a wee tendency to dwell, but speed of thought will come with everything else soon if we are patient with him.

(It was a serious shift from all four in the middle, like)

Griffiths ran, harried, narked and finished like a genius. He is barry. Everyone hates him but we don't care! A baw hair away from a hat-trick.
Doyle plays with his head up. A wee bit less selfishness from Leigh on at least two occasions and he would have got the goal to go with his marvellous assist for the 2nd.

(Front two could not have done much more than they did)

Was glad to see Ivan come on as his pace took a wee bit of pressure away from our tiring right hand side.
Caldwell's introduction was also wise as wee Leigh's legs looked to have gone and the boy can put it about.
Kuqi - doesn't lack in confidence, but never looked close to being up to speed. Again, his introduction was necessary for a knackered Doyle.

(It was very hot out there today, so maybe my remarks about individuals tiring are a bit harsh).

Overall a performance that showed plenty of determination and not a little skill. We are getting there.

GGTTH.

EDIT - BTW, I was responding to a thread on Player Ratings, not the MOM one!!!

Hibeesmad
18-08-2012, 09:00 PM
My opinion:

Williams- saved a penalty, dropped a couple of crosses but made a fantastic save near the end. 8

Clancy- Played well, was up against untie who wasn't an easy opponent but coped quite well and looked cool on the ball taking it past players etc. 7

Mcpake- I thought there were some points especially in the first half he looked dodgy but got into tackles, won headers and cleared the ball. 7

Hanlon- Looked solid, played well, couple of blocks, slide tackles and clearances. 7

Maybury- Did ok, did well with the right midfielder he was marking. 6

Wotherspoon- Brilliant ball played to griffiths for his first goal, except from that he did a couple of things which were good. 7

Deegan- wasn't the best performance he could give but passed the ball around well and got stuck into tackles once or twice. 7

Claros- thought he played well, won headers and tackles. He passed the ball around well too!-7

Cairney- wouldn't say he played as well as he did last week but did things which were ok.- 6

Griffiths- Fantastic two goals, played well put Samson and defence under pressure, didn't give up.-9

Doyle- played ok, had an assist and took one or two players on, was one point he didn't do great but overall he was ok.-7

Subs on-

Sproule- came on helped maybury by coming back, looked good going forward and showed a good performance when he came on.-6

Caldwell- didn't really have much to do, he came on and did one or two things but nothing major- 5

Kuqi- come on the last 5-10 mins. Didnt have much to do, he won one or two headers and holder the ball up at the end with a through ball to sproule-5.

JHFC
18-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Who was the official MOTM?

down-the-slope
18-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Claros 5 poor. gifted possession again and again first half, disappeared second half.

Claros - 6 Did OK for me, but nowhere in the 2nd half.

Claros was as good as I have seen him. Always involved, looking for a pass and invariably found one. MoM.

Claros- thought he played well, won headers and tackles. He passed the ball around well too!-7

:tee hee: - opinions Eh

Iggy Pope
18-08-2012, 10:25 PM
:tee hee: - opinions Eh

Claros was the best midfielder on the park for me today. Not much in a 5, 6 or 7 really. Are they all pass marks? What is the benchmark I wonder?

This is why 'Ratings' are a pointless exercise. There's another post on here where Sproule gets the same rating (6) as Cairney for a fraction of the shift!
All a wee bit too 'Sunday Post'.......just my opinion, like :greengrin

Septimus
19-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Claros was the best midfielder on the park for me today. Not much in a 5, 6 or 7 really. Are they all pass marks? What is the benchmark I wonder?

This is why 'Ratings' are a pointless exercise. There's another post on here where Sproule gets the same rating (6) as Cairney for a fraction of the shift!
All a wee bit too 'Sunday Post'.......just my opinion, like :greengrin

Surely in a rating spread of 1 to 10 then 5/6 is average.

PJ IronHIbee
19-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Williams had a great game. But Leigh gets my vote for MOTM. He took his goals well and his workrate was first class.
GGTTH

Squealing pig
19-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Kuqi didn't do nowt wrong.

Www1875hfc
19-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Griffiths for me as well.

His movement and his finishing was top class yesterday.

Billy Whizz
19-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Griffiths will obviously get the plaudits because of his goals. However I thought Doyle put in a good shift and make some good runs. He also might have got on the scoresheet with a chance he hit over, and if Griffiths had been less greedy on at least 2 occasions.