PDA

View Full Version : Super Leigh Griffiths

GGTTH07
18-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Well played yet again. Showing signs of real quality!

Sean1875
18-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Hard to believe some people didnt want him back!

AgentDaleCooper
18-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Well played yet again. Showing signs of real quality!

i'm actually feeling faintly optimistic - don't really know what to do with myself :confused:

hibee92
18-08-2012, 04:11 PM
:giruy: kick on sparky

Wilson
18-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Hard to believe some people didnt want him back!

There weren't many that folk did want back to he fair. Mcpake and LG were the two favourites at least.

HibsNutter
18-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Currently the top scorer in the SPL, I believe. :giruy:

StevesFamau5
18-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Deek who? :D i kid of course. Still the lad impresses me more and more

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Macaroon
18-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Can someone confirm he is the SPL's top scorer?

Pretty Boy
18-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Get talking to him and Wolves now about making his stay permanent!

Last couple of weeks and in flashes last season he's looked a real player. Get him signed, let him score goals for us and there's a potential sell on value as well.

If his attitude is right then he'll score goals for fun in the SPL.

GreenCastle
18-08-2012, 04:33 PM
He was a positive from last season and like McPake was very important to keep.

I've said it before but he reminds me of Riordan so much - such a natural striker.

He has talent - just needs to keep his head screwed on like he has done so far and avoid needless suspensions. (Yellow card today for celebrating doesn't fully count) :wink:

Ozyhibby
18-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Shame about the stupid booking. Still, no point being overly negative after a decent result. Nice one, Leigh.

Bishop Hibee
18-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Break the bank and get him signed up on a decent contract. As PB says above, if he is consistently banging in the goals he'll be worth a few bob to sell on. This would tickle Petrie's fancy surely.

hibees 7062
18-08-2012, 04:37 PM

Last couple of weeks and in flashes last season he's looked a real player. Get him signed, let him score goals for us and there's a potential sell on value as well.

If his attitude is right then he'll score goals for fun in the SPL.

:agree::top marks:agree:

LeighLoyal
18-08-2012, 04:45 PM
the one concern is he's only here till Christmas, if he keeps scoring you know the rest. Petrie should have dug deep and paid the fee. Typical. Sort it XXXXXXX out Petrie FFS!

Wotherspiniesta
18-08-2012, 04:46 PM
I await bingo's opinion.....

:wink:

:giruy:

Lucius Apuleius
18-08-2012, 04:54 PM
the one concern is he's only here till Christmas, if he keeps scoring you know the rest. Petrie should have dug deep and paid the fee. Typical. Sort it XXXXXXX out Petrie FFS!

Why am I not surprised at your post?

WhileTheChief..
18-08-2012, 04:58 PM
There's every chance he will end up signing permanently for us. He doesn't want to go back to Wolves and they don't want him.

He also seems to love it here :thumbsup:

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Wolves seem to be pretty intent on making money in their players though. Fletch and Jarvis.

down-the-slope
18-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Why am I not surprised at your post?

Because same record still playing :confused:

Macaroon
18-08-2012, 05:03 PM

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Honestly... Why do you always dig for the negative in every situation :rolleyes:

kentao
18-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Its mental to think some people didnt want him to come back. He was the only bit of talent we had last season and will be massive for us this season. Hibs should be doing everything in the jan window to keep him.

Well done wee man keep it up.

Waxy
18-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah give Leigh a good contract.
I can see him scoring many many goals against hearts if he has a career with us.

Hibrandenburg
18-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah give Leigh a good contract.
I can see him scoring many many goals against hearts if he has a career with us.

Those days are long gone when good players make a career at Hibs. As soon as anyone here starts to show promise then the vultures start circling. Sparky will be no different. Let's enjoy him while we can eh!

TomoHFC
18-08-2012, 06:10 PM
have we got the money to buy him ?

sbell1875
18-08-2012, 06:11 PM
I thought he was outstanding today. Picked up a silly booking or his celebration but other than that faultless. I actually think he has came back a better player. Maybe being told by Wolves he was no longer required has encouraged him to do well and earn a move.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Probably his best performance in a Hibs shirt today.

Absolutely fantastic.

Aldo
18-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Those days are long gone when good players make a career at Hibs. As soon as anyone here starts to show promise then the vultures start circling. Sparky will be no different. Let's enjoy him while we can eh!

H. I'm not so sure... He's still pretty young and has tried the grass is greener side and he's struggled. Get him on a 3 year deal and see where it goes from there.

Hibrandenburg
18-08-2012, 06:33 PM
H. I'm not so sure... He's still pretty young and has tried the grass is greener side and he's struggled. Get him on a 3 year deal and see where it goes from there.

Here's hoping Aldo, but I've seen it too often in the past to get my hopes up.

There's other vultures closer to home than Wolves, however one of them has had his wings clipped and the other may suffer massive financial loss due this so maybe you're right, maybe this time it could pan out different.

Aldo
18-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Here's hoping Aldo, but I've seen it too often in the past to get my hopes up.

There's other vultures closer to home than Wolves, however one of them has had his wings clipped and the other may suffer massive financial loss due this so maybe you're right, maybe this time it could pan out different.

Fingers crossed. I am sure if a contract was offered he'd stay tbh. He knows he has the chance to have his name written in Hibernian history and I really hope he grabs his chance with both hands.

jacomo
18-08-2012, 06:40 PM

Both Riordan and G'OC's careers have peaked... It's downhill from here and they're not 30 yet. I think a footballer should be aiming to sign their biggest deal around 27 or 28... Plenty of time yet for Griffiths to improve as a player with us if he wants to, before moving on to the kind of contract we could qnever afford.

monteddie
18-08-2012, 06:48 PM

If his attitude is right then he'll score goals for fun in

the SPL.

There was never any dobt he would be class in the spl remember he is still a kid.I think our biggest regret is that we never signed him from Dundee a year before he signed for Wolves

Kato
18-08-2012, 06:51 PM
There was never any dobt he would be class in the spl remember he is still a kid.I think our biggest regret is that we never signed him from Dundee a year before he signed for Wolves

If he had came to Hibs at that point we would have ruined him.

Timing's right for a bid if the get 12M+ for Fletcher.

essexhibee
18-08-2012, 07:45 PM
If he stays here long enough.....new Derek Riordan (minus off-field antics) ? Or is he not nearly as good?

Thoughts?

This is why I love Sparky.....

“It was a moment I’d dreamt of all my life. It didn’t matter where it came – Easter Road or Tynecastle – so long as I scored against them." - Leigh Griffiths

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gifhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Onion
18-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Brilliant performance from LG today. Took his first chance really well, but his 2nd was a class above. The obvious thing for his to do was take the early shot and try ping it into the bottom left, but in a flash he out-did everyone with the spin/shot into the opposite corner - keeper didn't move.

Really enjoys playing (and scoring) for Hibs, and we simply MUST find a way of keeping this lad at the club for a few years. With the right partner up front, he'll score plenty for the Hibs.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Close to 2000 views on this thread. If a good number of those viewers battered along to ER and invested in a ST on Monday, maybes we would be in a position to pay money for him?

frazeHFC
18-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Absolutely brilliant today. I reckon he will score a good amount this season, 3 in 3 is a good start!

whiskyhibby
18-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Where are all the LG detractors now, who were pleased to see him leave at the end of last season..........

MrSmith
18-08-2012, 09:07 PM

I'm sure he is with us for the whole season and, I'm also sure, this is the final year of his contract at Wolves. We could, in theory and if I'm correct, speak to him in January with a view to signing him as a free agent at the end of this season.

Hibeesmad
18-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I hope that he doesn't receive interest from a club like Celtic or down south. Because the goals he's been scoring recently will attract that!

Saorsa
18-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Close to 2000 views on this thread. If a good number of those viewers battered along to ER and invested in a ST on Monday, maybes we would be in a position to pay money for him?They could even help by entering his boot sponsorship here

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?241687-Hibs-net-Sponsorship-2012-2013-Leigh-Griffiths-boots

I thought these would be hot property

Northernhibee
19-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Potter on Sportscene on if Sparky could become a full international.

Responded "On talent, absolutely" then spewed a load of pish about how he's wanting him to have an influence like Johnny Russell (three goals in three not good enough as well as being a consistent scorer for us least season), how he blows hot and cold, yadda yadda yadda.

We need players like Sparky who can create a bit of magic from nothing. He could have scored four or five yesterday.

:rolleyes:

lucky
19-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Responded "On talent, absolutely" then spewed a load of pish about how he's wanting him to have an influence like Johnny Russell (three goals in three not good enough as well as being a consistent scorer for us least season), how he blows hot and cold, yadda yadda yadda.

We need players like Sparky who can create a bit of magic from nothing. He could have scored four or five yesterday.

I'd rather sparky continued playing just for. If he gets international recognition then it's unlikely he will be at Hibs after Xmas

Northernhibee
19-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I'd rather sparky continued playing just for. If he gets international recognition then it's unlikely he will be at Hibs after Xmas

Maybe, but Potter squirming out of that question was pathetic.

Ozyhibby
20-08-2012, 12:32 AM

Didn't see anything wrong in what Levein said. There are things that Leigh needs to add to his game and also some things he needs to cut out. Lucky for him he is young enough for that to happen. He is not as a consistent performer as Russell as I'm sure most Hibs fans would agree. Hopefully this season that changes.
Personally think Levein is doing a good job, not just in managing the team but also in changing the youth structure.
I don't give a monkeys if he used to play for Hearts or not, so long as he can do the job.

Allant1981
20-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Cracking young talent, hopefully goes on to play at the top level but not before he scores a shed load for us