PDA

View Full Version : Who would have thought.....

Barney McGrew
18-08-2012, 03:58 PM
.....we'd all be able to be so positive after the opening day shambles at Tannadice?

In Pat we trust :fenlon

Northernhibee
18-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Very chuffed. Been defending PF for ages on here as it's always been clear he has a vision for the club, glad to see the first steps of forward movement being made.

In PF we trust. :fenlon:

Beefster
18-08-2012, 04:06 PM
It's been unexpected, after the first game, but very, very welcome.

Cocaine&Caviar
18-08-2012, 04:07 PM
3 games, no clean sheets, Fenlon GTF

Northernhibee
18-08-2012, 04:09 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/117023-hearts-v-inverness/page__st__360

CHECK OUT THE YAMS

:lolyam: :lolyam: :fenlon :fenlon

madabouthibs
18-08-2012, 04:09 PM
He needs time, he wants what we want. We've made a few decent and careful signings and all we need is a wee winning spell to boost confidence..........and crowds. Keep the faith GGTTH

Billychaotic182
18-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Very happy with the last two games. Was worried after the opening game but we showed dare I say bottle haha.

MrSmith
18-08-2012, 04:11 PM

absolutely agree! keep it up hibees!

Wilson
18-08-2012, 04:13 PM
3 games, no clean sheets, Fenlon GTF

You are a pie right enough!

Northernhibee
18-08-2012, 04:18 PM
We really have a bit of dig in our team. Once they're used to playing alongside each other and Deegan and Cairney hit match fitness we're only going to get better :flag:

StevesFamau5
18-08-2012, 04:21 PM
The sudden optimism... It is scaring me. Quick someone get upset about something trivial. :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty Boy
18-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Good result.

Needs to be followed up with a win next week. Hopefully the performances of the last couple of weeks will get a few more to the game next week. More than the 11k the yams managed today would be welcome.

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Got to agree that after the first weekend I was less than confident that we would get better, but the derby and now today have shown that we have a bit more about us since then, thank goodness.

I'm a wee bit concerned that after what sounded like a good first half we seemed to fall out of the game so badly in the second half .... we have had a bit of bother over the last few seasons with losing our way during matches, lets hope PF can get us playing the whole game instead of just one half.

But having said that, well done Hibs, just to keep improving and especially our home record is all we can hope for.

PF interviewed on the radio just now. Said that we didnt have any midfielders on the bench so sounds like he might be looking to strengthen there before the window closes.

down-the-slope
18-08-2012, 04:25 PM
good positive steps forward....

However there is still plenty needing changed in our club in all areas that will take time and there will be setbacks...but lets enjoy the positives and more importantly that there are the signs of a change of mentality

matty_f
18-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Needs to carry it into the next game then the one after that, and so on.

However, results and performances like the last 2 games have given fans more faith and belief in Pat. His signings have added the grit we lacked.

Macaroon
18-08-2012, 04:31 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/117023-hearts-v-inverness/page__st__360

CHECK OUT THE YAMS

My favourite comment of the lot:

With Liverpool losing 3-0, we should be in a position to at least give it a decent go at home

Aye, alright then :hilarious

Brightside
18-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Ratings for today

Stevenson. 4
:greengrin

Gettin' Auld
18-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Good result.

Needs to be followed up with a win next week. Hopefully the performances of the last couple of weeks will get a few more to the game next week. More than the 11k the yams managed today would be welcome.

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

For once, it's not a train coming. :wink:

Northernhibee
18-08-2012, 04:38 PM
My favourite comment of the lot:

With Liverpool losing 3-0, we should be in a position to at least give it a decent go at home

Aye, alright then :hilarious

I prefer the one who thinks they'll win the league.

BEEJ
18-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I expect if Deegan had been available to play at Tannadice then our performance may not have been quite so abysmal.

Still a defeat but probably a bit more closely contested.

Needs to carry it into the next game then the one after that, and so on.

However, results and performances like the last 2 games have given fans more faith and belief in Pat. His signings have added the grit we lacked.
:agree:

Great result today. Lets keep up the forward momentum.

:flag:

Macaroon
18-08-2012, 04:44 PM
I prefer the one who thinks they'll win the league.

Just saw that.. Jesus christ their naivety/arrogance/ignorance/stupidty knows absolutely no bounds.

ajay4hibs
18-08-2012, 04:46 PM
not used to coming on here and seeing so many positves! :greengrin

But well done the hibees the day! Griffiths showing the performances he can put in for the upcoming season! lets hope it continues!

GGTTH!:pfgwa

Waxy
18-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Well done the Hibees.
A win next week sets up a top of the table clash against septic.
Take anything from that and there's two home games in a row v killie and ict.

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Just lovin' sickback.

Lets hope all the doom, gloom and pessimism is accurate and they get even worse. A good shafting by a Liverpool team who must be hurting should help. Mind you ... You have to admire their fantastic feeling for comedy, like the Yam who posted that they should have been 4 to the good against us 10 minutes into the second half last Sunday.

Who would have thought that 3 games into the season we would have a thread like this and the Yams would be greetin' into their Sherry and chucking the toys oot the pram.

Long may it continue

Oh and ....... Am I right that their crowd was under 12,000 today. For a club who have prentensions to be the 3rd biggest in Scotland and last season probably had the best result in their history that is truly pathetic!!!

LeighLoyal
18-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Looking forward to the 25th. I haven't looked forward to a Hibs league game for a few years! :thumbsup:

Macaroon
18-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Just lovin' sickback.

Lets hope all the doom, gloom and pessimism is accurate and they get even worse. A good shafting by a Liverpool team who must be hurting should help. Mind you ... You have to admire their fantastic feeling for comedy, like the Yam who posted that they should have been 4 to the good against us 10 minutes into the second half last Sunday.

Who would have thought that 3 games into the season we would have a thread like this and the Yams would be greetin' into their Sherry and chucking the toys oot the pram.

Long may it continue

Oh and ....... Am I right that their crowd was under 12,000 today. For a club who have prentensions to be the 3rd biggest in Scotland and last season probably had the best result in their history that is truly pathetic!!!

I saw that and didn't want to mention it.. His grammar and spelling was so poor I was worried I was simply reading it wrong. Surely no-one can be THAT blind :greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
18-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Good result today guys, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves. We know how this place can change after a bad result. Lets keep the faith and support the team and manager.

GGTTH

HibsMax
18-08-2012, 05:14 PM
:thumbsup:

1. Loss with no goals scored
2. draw with one goal scored
3. win with two goals scored, one conceded

I like the pattern.

HibsMax
18-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Good result today guys, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves. We know how this place can change after a bad result. Lets keep the faith and support the team and manager.

GGTTH

Why not? We're quick enough to reach for the razor blades. :wink:

--------
18-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Just lovin' sickback.

Long may it continue

The official figure was 11,000 something, but I have it on BBC ALBA and TBH the crowd looks nothing like that - unless they count double for being really ugly.

But in that basis, you'd have to say they had 22 players on the pitch ...

Captain Trips
18-08-2012, 06:02 PM
If in 10 games time we are still doing well I will say that I was wrong on PF, however I was given stick for saying he was not up to it after a lot of defeats, after 2 good performances people are doing what I was criticised for far earlier but because it is more optomistic thats ok.

I hope I am wrong about PF and this was a key result in showing progess, it has to continue and I will continue to be critical of PF and give praise when IMO it is needed.

Today is a well done from me keep it going.

HibsMax
18-08-2012, 06:13 PM
If in 10 games time we are still doing well I will say that I was wrong on PF, however I was given stick for saying he was not up to it after a lot of defeats, after 2 good performances people are doing what I was criticised for far earlier but because it is more optomistic thats ok.

I hope I am wrong about PF and this was a key result in showing progess, it has to continue and I will continue to be critical of PF and give praise when IMO it is needed.

Today is a well done from me keep it going.

The difference is we're playing with a very different squad of players. You just needed to be patient and give him time to build the team he sees taking us forward.

One swallow does not make a summer but the signs are there that we have the makings of a decent side.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2012, 06:25 PM
The difference is we're playing with a very different squad of players. You just needed to be patient and give him time to build the team he sees taking us forward.

One swallow does not make a summer but the signs are there that we have the makings of a decent side.

:pray:

fatbloke
18-08-2012, 08:07 PM

CHECK OUT THE YAMS

Lifted from Boakback - They need to get a grip of themselves and I hope someone beasts the lot of them after that performance.

It was the same against St. Johnstone. We were playing better when it was 11v11 and were lucky to take the points from that game too. Utter shocking.

What does John say to them at half time?

No shortage of takers for that at the Pink Palace:greengrin

SlickShoes
18-08-2012, 08:25 PM
I think PF knows what he is doing, hardly anyone would have been calling for his head had we lost to abersheep in the SC and not got pumped by hearts in the final after the dundee utd game.

What people need to do now that we can see he is trying to build us a team with a bit of substance is to not freak out next time we lose a couple of games. I'm not getting carried away with a win and a draw but we look like a vastly different team than last year.