PDA

View Full Version : Are you more optimistic?

theonlywayisup
17-08-2012, 09:23 PM
It might be the couple of glasses of wine just drunk, but I have just looked at the fifteen games following the Celtic game on the 1st September and closing of the transfer window and I think they are a set of games that we could gather a lot of points, IF we play well and IF we get a couple of new flair players in. The away games are all tricky but places where Hibs have won before or should win. We then follow this run with Celtic at home, followed by Hertz away. So do you feel more optimistic or do you want some of what I am drinking?

Killie (H)
ICT (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Dundee (H)
Ross (A)
Well (A)
St. Mirren (H)
Dundee Utd (H)
Dundee (A)
Aberdeen (H)
St. J (A)
ICT (A)
Well (H)
Killie (A)
Ross (H)

Let's get behind the team. Theonlywayisup!

JHFC
17-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Killie (H) Win
ICT (H) Win
Aberdeen (A) Draw
Dundee (H) Win
Ross (A) Win
Well (A) Draw/Lose
St. Mirren (H) Win
Dundee Utd (H) Draw/Lose
Dundee (A) Win
Aberdeen (H) Win
St. J (A) Draw
ICT (A) Win
Well (H) Draw
Killie (A) Win/Draw
Ross (H) Win

This is how I think we should do. A bit optimistic but not unrealistic.

Beefster
17-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Killie (H) Win
ICT (H) Win
Aberdeen (A) Draw
Dundee (H) Win
Ross (A) Win
Well (A) Draw/Lose
St. Mirren (H) Win
Dundee Utd (H) Draw/Lose
Dundee (A) Win
Aberdeen (H) Win
St. J (A) Draw
ICT (A) Win
Well (H) Draw
Killie (A) Win/Draw
Ross (H) Win

I'm afraid it is. Taking half of the available points from those games would be a fantastic improvement.

Bobby's Cinema
17-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I think the signing's of Maybury, Deegan and Kuqi, combined with the performance against the ****bos, has us possibly getting carried away. Going with it, but tomorrow will give us a massive indication of what we can expect.

Niffy
17-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Long way to go yet.
It's just the next uphill bit of the Hibs roller coaster ... another big fast downhill bit coming up.

VickMackie
17-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Without checking your predictions I'm apprehensive. We went through a 5 game unbeaten stint, iirc, after Xmas with cc which gave me a bit of hope to push up the table.

Now I'm not expecting anything from us, just want us to be on the way up.

CallumLaidlaw
17-08-2012, 09:55 PM
I've been a much happier Hibee this week. Feeling a lot more confident about the season. BUT we have seen this many times before. As recently as "fantastic February" in 2011 and then the run to the Scottish cup final. We were a millions miles away on Sunday from the performance a week before, so it's possible we could go right back to the Dundee Utd performance again. But I think with a spine of solid pro's in McPake, Clancy, Maybury, Deegan and kuqi with the ability of Cairney, Griffiths then we will be vastly improved from last season

theonlywayisup
18-08-2012, 05:51 PM
It might be the couple of glasses of wine just drunk, but I have just looked at the fifteen games following the Celtic game on the 1st September and closing of the transfer window and I think they are a set of games that we could gather a lot of points, IF we play well and IF we get a couple of new flair players in. The away games are all tricky but places where Hibs have won before or should win. We then follow this run with Celtic at home, followed by Hertz away. So do you feel more optimistic or do you want some of what I am drinking?

Killie (H)
ICT (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Dundee (H)
Ross (A)
Well (A)
St. Mirren (H)
Dundee Utd (H)
Dundee (A)
Aberdeen (H)
St. J (A)
ICT (A)
Well (H)
Killie (A)
Ross (H)

:hmmm:

Bobby's Cinema
18-08-2012, 05:59 PM

Killie (H)
ICT (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Dundee (H)
Ross (A)
Well (A)
St. Mirren (H)
Dundee Utd (H)
Dundee (A)
Aberdeen (H)
St. J (A)
ICT (A)
Well (H)
Killie (A)
Ross (H)

:hmmm::hmmm:

Iggy Pope
18-08-2012, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=theonlywayisup;3331202]It might be the couple of glasses of wine just drunk, but I have just looked at the fifteen games following the Celtic game on the 1st September and closing of the transfer window and I think they are a set of games that we could gather a lot of points, IF we play well and IF we get a couple of new flair players in. The away games are all tricky but places where Hibs have won before or should win. We then follow this run with Celtic at home, followed by Hertz away. So do you feel more optimistic or do you want some of what I am drinking?

I can really only trust anyone when they follow the word Her*z with the word c---

LeighLoyal
18-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Getting way ahead and maybe crazy, but if Kuqi can get scoring and the crowds return to ER we could defo be in the hunt for the 2nd spot.

whiskyhibby
18-08-2012, 09:01 PM
In my humble opinion we will finish at least top 6

Hibeesmad
18-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Killie (H) Win
ICT (H) Win
Aberdeen (A) Draw
Dundee (H) Win
Ross (A) Win
Well (A) Draw/Lose
St. Mirren (H) Win
Dundee Utd (H) Draw/Lose
Dundee (A) Win
Aberdeen (H) Win
St. J (A) Draw
ICT (A) Win
Well (H) Draw
Killie (A) Win/Draw
Ross (H) Win

I agree with this except maybe Aberdeen home, I fancy a draw for that.

Hibercelona
18-08-2012, 09:10 PM
In my humble opinion we will finish at least top 6

I'm not so sure.

We "should" be finishing in the top 6, but I think consistency and injuries might be a problem for us this season as we don't have many bench options. I certainly think we'll see a growth in quality over the season though, but I think Fenlon needs more time to add some more quality, then get them performing to a high standard week in/week out.

I think next season is more realistic, but will be thrilled if we do make top 6 this season.

MrSmith
18-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm quietly hopeful which is better than two weeks ago when I had suicidal tendencies. There is definitely green shoots there, long may they continue to grow.

Nuitdelune
18-08-2012, 09:21 PM
It is a strange feeling, the winning that is. Most welcome!

IWasThere2016
18-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Yes - each performance appears to have been an improvement, and the squad has been strengthened.

CallumLaidlaw
18-08-2012, 11:13 PM
My worry is we have no depth. A couple of injuries/suspensions to 2 of McPake, Deegan or Griffiths and we're struggling.

I am beginning to feel comfortable with our starting 11 tho, and if we can bring a couple more into the squad then we should be in a decent position

stokesmessiah
18-08-2012, 11:41 PM
My worry is we have no depth. A couple of injuries/suspensions to 2 of McPake, Deegan or Griffiths and we're struggling.

I am beginning to feel comfortable with our starting 11 tho, and if we can bring a couple more into the squad then we should be in a decent position

Noticed in PF's after match comments he said we still need another 2. Hopefully he gets them in the coming 12 days.

Bookkeeper
18-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Was totally underwhelmed every game last season. Now am back to looking forward to it. Still think it could be a long hard season but I think we have a more professional looking side with enough fight in it to get us in the top 6 at least. Got a good feeling about Fenlon, seems to be going about things the right way. Hopefully theres a few quid left to add to the squad as well.

Keith_M
19-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't feel quite as depressed about supporting Hibs as I did just 2-3 weeks ago but I'm sure I'll get back to normal soon :wink:

frazeHFC
19-08-2012, 11:45 AM
I think we should have every right to be optimistic. Although we are still not perfect, the majority of the teams look poor. Hearts looked poor, St Mirren looked pretty poor. Who's to say that if we can keep playing like we are we will be able to win games that we have not been able to in recent years.

I fancy us to win next week, but it's only one game at a time for me, as anything could change such as injuries or other teams signing players.

theonlywayisup
25-08-2012, 08:10 PM

Killie (H)
ICT (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Dundee (H)
Ross (A)
Well (A)
St. Mirren (H)
Dundee Utd (H)
Dundee (A)
Aberdeen (H)
St. J (A)
ICT (A)
Well (H)
Killie (A)
Ross (H)

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

IWasThere2016
25-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Imagine we could've been top if we had - for once - been ready for the ko of the SPL and had the team assembled! One day perhaps..

Northernhibee
25-08-2012, 08:17 PM
I think we should have every right to be optimistic. Although we are still not perfect, the majority of the teams look poor. Hearts looked poor, St Mirren looked pretty poor. Who's to say that if we can keep playing like we are we will be able to win games that we have not been able to in recent years.

I fancy us to win next week, but it's only one game at a time for me, as anything could change such as injuries or other teams signing players.

I think we've made other teams look poor, as soon as Deegan and Cairney got their rhythym today St J's looked second best, and that gave Claros the space to do what he does.

That's the key.

lord bunberry
25-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I think we've made other teams look poor, as soon as Deegan and Cairney got their rhythym today St J's looked second best, and that gave Claros the space to do what he does.

That's the key.

:pfgwa

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 05:04 PM

Killie (H)
ICT (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Dundee (H)
Ross (A)
Well (A)
St. Mirren (H)
Dundee Utd (H)
Dundee (A)
Aberdeen (H)
St. J (A)
ICT (A)
Well (H)
Killie (A)
Ross (H)

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

mutley
15-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Am I more optimistic ? I think the answer in a big yes from me. I was quietly confident about today even managed to guess the correct score ( for once)

I only hope that we can keep it up, I've seen too many false dawns from hibs but some good results for us in the other games, if only Dundee could have held on, we would be top....... I don't think I've been able to say stuff like that for a while. People are saying we are on for a top 6 finish, I'd like to think we could make that top 4 .