PDA

View Full Version : Preston ath v Nairn scottish cup

nairn hibee
17-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Going to prestonpans to see the wee county next saturday,victory hopefully followed by huns at home in the next rnd.had never heard of preston to be honest any one know if they are any good, any ex league players with them ,any decent places near the ground ,[worringly called the pennypitt] for a pint and some grub

McKenzie
17-08-2012, 02:25 PM
David Bingham is Preston Ath manager, not sure what they are like

JohnStephens91
17-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Going to prestonpans to see the wee county next saturday,victory hopefully followed by huns at home in the next rnd.had never heard of preston to be honest any one know if they are any good, any ex league players with them ,any decent places near the ground ,[worringly called the pennypitt] for a pint and some grub

My old PE teacher at high school played for them, Graeme Newell, not sure if he is still there though. He was on the TV scoring a diving header in the Scottish Cup and always refused the class autographs :boo hoo:

down-the-slope
17-08-2012, 02:40 PM

Nice wee ground in Prestonpans - hibs youngsters have played there and the 1st team used to sometimes train there in winter (pre EM) as it is so near coast often managed not to be frost bound when other pitches would be..

Defo the Gothenburg for a beer - its independantly owned trust and brew pub - has restaurant as well

http://www.prestoungrange.org/fowlers/html/ales.html

nairn hibee
17-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Nirn lost four of their best players to big spending brora this season and have only signed junior mendes who is out injured after 1 game think it will be aclose call:worried:

nairn hibee
17-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Nice wee ground in Prestonpans - hibs youngsters have played there and the 1st team used to sometimes train there in winter (pre EM) as it is so near coast often managed not to be frost bound when other pitches would be..

Defo the Gothenburg for a beer - its independantly owned trust and brew pub - has restaurant as well

thank will give it a try

Posh Swanny
17-08-2012, 03:27 PM

Agree with all of that! The Goth is a class pub and the Porter served (brewed?) there is one of my favourite drinks anywhere.

And don't forget to take a wee five minute drive to Ormiston while you're down. Not much here but you'll go past East Mains on your way from the Pans!

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Nairn :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Do you live in the fishertown and have the Hibs badge on your car?

MSK
17-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Going to prestonpans to see the wee county next saturday,victory hopefully followed by huns at home in the next rnd.had never heard of preston to be honest any one know if they are any good, any ex league players with them ,any decent places near the ground ,[worringly called the pennypitt] for a pint and some grubBritish Legion sits directly behind one of the goals ..Im sure you would have no problem getting in there ..decent prices too ..:aok:

nairn hibee
17-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Do you live in the fishertown and have the Hibs badge on your car?

no live in broadhill no sticker on car must be another hibee in 48 years i've only met 1 and he moved

Pretty Boy
17-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Pennypits a nice wee ground. Bit of a slope on it.

I made my one and only 1st team EOS appearance there so you'll be at a ground graced by legends.

nairn hibee
17-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Pennypits a nice wee ground. Bit of a slope on it.

I made my one and only 1st team EOS appearance there so you'll be at a ground graced by legends.

thanks everyone for the advice:flag:

Beefster
17-08-2012, 04:57 PM
If you're headed to the Pans, mind and get your jabs before you travel.

Future17
17-08-2012, 05:01 PM
no live in broadhill no sticker on car must be another hibee in 48 years i've only met 1 and he moved

You must have made quite an impression.

nairn hibee
17-08-2012, 05:24 PM
You must have made quite an impression.

your right there he went to oz

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Well there is 2 of us in the fishertown, was a bit shocked first time i saw the car. :greengrin

nairn hibee
17-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Well there is 2 of us in the fishertown, was a bit shocked first time i saw the car. :greengrin

suppose there is 4 then my 12 yr old normally goes about in his hibs top,although its him thats talked me into going to prestonpans [glory hunter]

Pans Hibs
17-08-2012, 07:33 PM

Hey nairn hibee, i'm a regular down at the pennypitt. If you're looking for grub the Goth is the place to go and its only about a 2min walk from ground, its won numerous awards and the price is very good (about £6/£7 for the curry). Preston also have their own wee bar where you will be made very welcome and the Royal Brittish Legion is only about 100 yards from the ground so you won't go thirsty.

As for the team we've made a lot of new signings but i'd say we are looking a stronger/better side than last year. So we're looking forward to giving you a good humping :wink: and getting the rangers at pennypitt park in the next round :greengrin

fatbloke
17-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Legion for beer.

down-the-slope
17-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Agree with all of that! The Goth is a class pub and the Porter served (brewed?) there is one of my favourite drinks anywhere.

And don't forget to take a wee five minute drive to Ormiston while you're down. Not much here but you'll go past East Mains on your way from the Pans!

:agree: indeed...so in summary sounds like Goth for decent beer and lunch ...then onto Legion for pre match banter and pints.....

FLHIBS
17-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Hey nairn hibee, i'm a regular down at the pennypitt. If you're looking for grub the Goth is the place to go and its only about a 2min walk from ground, its won numerous awards and the price is very good (about £6/£7 for the curry). Preston also have their own wee bar where you will be made very welcome and the Royal Brittish Legion is only about 100 yards from the ground so you won't go thirsty.

As for the team we've made a lot of new signings but i'd say we are looking a stronger/better side than last year. So we're looking forward to giving you a good humping :wink: and getting the rangers at pennypitt park in the next round :greengrin

My laddie, Callum Kerr just signed for them from Coldstream......good left peg but needs a good fish supper inside him !

nairn hibee
17-08-2012, 09:45 PM
My laddie, Callum Kerr just signed for them from Coldstream......good left peg but needs a good fish supper inside him !

i'll buy him one 15 mins before kick off as long as he eats it all :devil:

down-the-slope
17-08-2012, 10:18 PM
when you said next Sat i thought you meant 18th..just checked and match is 25th..so you are watcing preston ath v nairn when Hibbies are at home say day / time :tsk tsk:

BenjiOscar
17-08-2012, 11:00 PM

We've brought in almost a whole new side from the one that got promoted back to the East of Scotland Premier Division. Our keeper is outstanding, a couple of young players who were with the Livingston and Hearts youth teams but didn't make it but our main man is our centre forward, Sean Martin, who has scored 8 times this season from 4 games.

Our Supporters Club is offering a hospitality package and both the Goth and Legion as mentioned are really handy for drink / food. You'll be very welcome, there's half a dozen Hibbies on the committee!

sven nil
18-08-2012, 05:01 AM
If you go to the putting green in between the leisure center and swimming pool someone has spray painted hfc on on the side of that wee sun hut opposite the old putting hut , Now i'm no detective but if i were i now know the first four people who i would question.:wink:

frazeHFC
18-08-2012, 08:12 AM
If you go to the putting green in between the leisure center and swimming pool someone has spray painted hfc on on the side of that wee sun hut opposite the old putting hut , Now i'm no detective but if i were i now know the first four people who i would question.:wink:

Yeah i remember doing that seeing that before. :greengrin

It must have been a Hibee as there are not many HFC's, but then again it could be Huntly. :tee hee:

nairn hibee
18-08-2012, 09:32 AM
when you said next Sat i thought you meant 18th..just checked and match is 25th..so you are watcing preston ath v nairn when Hibbies are at home say day / time :tsk tsk:

hav'nt (ha@nt) missed a nairn scotish cup game in 3 years this will be my 4th game:smokin