View Full Version : Akpo Sodje

17-08-2012, 08:48 AM
See he has signed for Preston, all the best big chap.

17-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Awra very best elephant kn0b x

17-08-2012, 08:55 AM
An absolute tank of a man but utterly useless with the ball at times. Did score a couple of vital goals for us mind.

17-08-2012, 09:04 AM
What he lacked in technical ability, he made up for in stature and effort, and he got the goals we needed. Was disappointed that Pat didn't keep him on - seemed like the sort of guy he want want around the place these days. Certainly gave us an option, and was fairly effective, despite himself sometimes.

Best of luck to him.

17-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Thought he was a bit unlucky last year, few chances. Good luck.

17-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Awra very best elephant kn0b x

That's not a very clever comment.

Akpo gave his all and scored goals that really counted. Not the best technically but still found the net. Good luck at Preston.

17-08-2012, 09:13 AM

Akpo gave his all and scored goals that really counted. Not the best technically but still found the net. Good luck at Preston.

I thought it was quite clever.

17-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Intimidated much? Size doesnae matter, rest easy pal x

17-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Intimidated much? Size doesnae matter, rest easy pal x

Stereotyping and racism, just a laugh but eh, no?

***** envy? Says more about you than me pal.

17-08-2012, 09:38 AM
I liked him a lot, strong, fast and could score goals. Was ridiculous how he never got a game last season, not even a chance.

17-08-2012, 09:39 AM
One of the worst player ever to play for Hibs with his total lack of football ability, but still did a job for us when we really needed it. So I wish him all the best at PNE.

17-08-2012, 09:44 AM
One of the worst player ever to play for Hibs with his total lack of football ability, but still did a job for us when we really needed it. So I wish him all the best at PNE.

..... I don't get how one of the "worst players ever to play for Hibs" can still be rated as having done " a job for us". Bit harsh, no? Football is a results driven business, and the best players get results - and he got us a few. It just goes to show that it takes more than technical ability to be a good player. Dedication, work ethic and the other things which Akpo possesses made him an asset for us during a real time of need.

17-08-2012, 09:48 AM
All the best to him.

Technically not great but put in a shift for us and scored a few important goals.

dmc1875
17-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I see another of our ex players is on trial at Pompey. I didn't even know they were allowed to/had the money to sign players?

I thought he was on £8k a week while at Stoke?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19284581

17-08-2012, 09:53 AM

seriously?...you cant have seen too many hibs games if you think that sodje is one of the worst we've ever had....his goals kept us in the s.p.l. the season before last...every one of them meant something and we'd probably be in the 1st division now if he hadn't pitched up at easter rd. when he did.

17-08-2012, 09:59 AM

With your racial stereotyping remark you almost have a point although, that it is factually correct in Sodje's case weakens your argument. The boy is hung. A goal for every inch would have been an ample return.

Length and girth are where it is at. Super furry anything is frowned upon in this day and age.

17-08-2012, 10:01 AM

I pointed out at a fact, you yourself jumped to the conclusion of racial stereotyping. Which in turn, quite ironically, says more about you than me. Have a good day :aok:

17-08-2012, 10:05 AM
I see another of our ex players is on trial at Pompey. I didn't even know they were allowed to/had the money to sign players?

I thought he was on £8k a week while at Stoke?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19284581

I dunno if I'm having a Friday morning brain fart, but I'm struggling to work out who you are talking about here ?! :confused:

17-08-2012, 10:09 AM
I dunno if I'm having a Friday morning brain fart, but I'm struggling to work out who you are talking about here ?! :confused:

The man, the myth, the legend.........

Tom Soares.

17-08-2012, 10:11 AM

Halfway through the story it mentions Tom Soares. :aok:

17-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Christ I see, skimmed that part or blanked the name completely :greengrin

17-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Halfway through the story it mentions Tom Soares. :aok:

I never actually seen his name in the link.. Recollections of when he was picked for HIbs to start games..

17-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I never actually seen his name in the link.. Recollections of when he was picked for HIbs to start games..

17-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Sodje was an honest trier. Think that you see the role that he was trying to play but, the sorts that can do that properly cost a lot of money. Might suffer from the fact that he was a Calderclown signing, but he doesn't deserve to be classed as one of the worst.

M11BMO
17-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I pointed out at a fact, you yourself jumped to the conclusion of racial stereotyping. Which in turn, quite ironically, says more about you than me. Have a good day :aok:

For Gods sake, Bri. Can't you go a Friday without the use of some casual racism? Can't take you anywhere these days.

17-08-2012, 11:16 AM
seriously?...you cant have seen too many hibs games if you think that sodje is one of the worst we've ever had....his goals kept us in the s.p.l. the season before last...every one of them meant something and we'd probably be in the 1st division now if he hadn't pitched up at easter rd. when he did.

Seen Hibs plenty of times over the last 30 odd year. Mostly every week but the point I was making that technically he was one of the worst to play for Hibs. Yes he was big and strong and he scored some goals but he is/ was a very poor player.

17-08-2012, 11:21 AM
All the best to him.

Technically not great but put in a shift for us and scored a few important goals.

17-08-2012, 11:24 AM
For Gods sake, Bri. Can't you go a Friday without the use of some casual racism? Can't take you anywhere these days.

17-08-2012, 11:37 AM
With your racial stereotyping remark you almost have a point although, that it is factually correct in Sodje's case weakens your argument. The boy is hung. A goal for every inch would have been an ample return.

Length and girth are where it is at. Super furry anything is frowned upon in this day and age.

How would you know that kind of detail about Sodje? Personal experience?

If I recall rightly Sodje objected to "amusing" references in to his organ size, feeling that they represented the casual stereotyping that allows racism to have an acceptable face.

Super furry is ok by me, especially in terms of fine music that originates in Wales

17-08-2012, 12:36 PM
If I recall rightly Sodje objected to "amusing" references in to his organ size, feeling that they represented the casual stereotyping that allows racism to have an acceptable face.

I don't remember that at all.

17-08-2012, 01:17 PM

Twitter!

17-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Twitter!

Well that explains why I havent seen that. What with me being neither a celebrity or a teenage girl, I've never felt the need to use Twitter.

17-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Well that explains why I havent seen that. What with me being neither a celebrity or a teenage girl, I've never felt the need to use Twitter.

Neither am I, on both counts, nor have I. Your point being?

Do you think racial stereotyping is ok? Do you believe that all black men have big cocks or that it's ok for people like Big Ron to call black men lazy coons etc?

17-08-2012, 01:49 PM
All the best for the future Akpo, became a cult favourite for me.

Incidentally, I never commented about his genitalia because compared to mine it's nothing impressive :smug:

scuttle
17-08-2012, 01:54 PM

Do you think racial stereotyping is ok? Do you believe that all black men have big cocks or that it's ok for people like Big Ron to call black men lazy coons etc?

There must be white men with big wallopers,equally there must be black men with walnut whips

M11BMO
17-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't care how big his manhood is. All I know is that I'm hung like a horse... A seahorse!

17-08-2012, 01:59 PM

You need a ride pal. Let it go, man.

17-08-2012, 02:01 PM
This thread has taken an odd turn.....

BTW, as far as I know the Sodje twitter account wasn't really him.

17-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Good luck Akpo :aok: Wasnae a bad player for the Cabbage.

17-08-2012, 02:08 PM

Not even close.

Length and girth are where it is at.

I pointed out at a fact

There's something a bit creepy about grown men getting excitable about other men's knobs on a forum visible to bairns but each to their own.

IIRC, it offended his family too.

17-08-2012, 02:11 PM
You need a ride pal. Let it go, man.

Your insight is charming and witty. I'll ride you if you like?

17-08-2012, 02:39 PM

Wasn't my point fairly obvious? I don't have Twitter.

Yeah I think racial stereotyping is brilliant, it's my favourite type of stereotyping. I thank you for your humerous Big Ron comment, and can completely see why you'd make the natural progressive step from my posts so far to that. :rolleyes:

17-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Not even close.

There's something a bit creepy about grown men getting excitable about other men's knobs on a forum visible to bairns but each to their own.

IIRC, it offended his family too.

Quoting it makes you worse, to be fair :wink:

17-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Some folk want to lighten up.

Anyway, best of luck to Akpo. The big man did us a turn when it was desperately needed.

17-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Some folk want to lighten up.

Anyway, best of luck to Akpo. The big man did us a turn when it was desperately needed.

What do you mean by "big" man?!?!

17-08-2012, 05:19 PM
2 questions:

What was this Sodje song about his boabby? Must have missed that one.

How did someone come by this info?

M11BMO
17-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Did no one else notice that he used to tuck it in his sock?

17-08-2012, 06:08 PM
No way can he be described as one of our worst ever. 6/7 goals in the 6 months he played is good. To compare him to the likes of Konte is beyond hilarious.