PDA

View Full Version : Akpo Sodje

SMAXXA
17-08-2012, 08:48 AM
See he has signed for Preston, all the best big chap.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Awra very best elephant kn0b x

Heisenberg
17-08-2012, 08:55 AM
An absolute tank of a man but utterly useless with the ball at times. Did score a couple of vital goals for us mind.

500miles
17-08-2012, 09:04 AM
What he lacked in technical ability, he made up for in stature and effort, and he got the goals we needed. Was disappointed that Pat didn't keep him on - seemed like the sort of guy he want want around the place these days. Certainly gave us an option, and was fairly effective, despite himself sometimes.

Best of luck to him.

LeighLoyal
17-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Thought he was a bit unlucky last year, few chances. Good luck.

superfurryhibby
17-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Awra very best elephant kn0b x

That's not a very clever comment.

Akpo gave his all and scored goals that really counted. Not the best technically but still found the net. Good luck at Preston.

easty
17-08-2012, 09:13 AM

Akpo gave his all and scored goals that really counted. Not the best technically but still found the net. Good luck at Preston.

I thought it was quite clever.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Intimidated much? Size doesnae matter, rest easy pal x

superfurryhibby
17-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Intimidated much? Size doesnae matter, rest easy pal x

Stereotyping and racism, just a laugh but eh, no?

***** envy? Says more about you than me pal.

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 09:38 AM
I liked him a lot, strong, fast and could score goals. Was ridiculous how he never got a game last season, not even a chance.

lucky
17-08-2012, 09:39 AM
One of the worst player ever to play for Hibs with his total lack of football ability, but still did a job for us when we really needed it. So I wish him all the best at PNE.

500miles
17-08-2012, 09:44 AM
One of the worst player ever to play for Hibs with his total lack of football ability, but still did a job for us when we really needed it. So I wish him all the best at PNE.

..... I don't get how one of the "worst players ever to play for Hibs" can still be rated as having done " a job for us". Bit harsh, no? Football is a results driven business, and the best players get results - and he got us a few. It just goes to show that it takes more than technical ability to be a good player. Dedication, work ethic and the other things which Akpo possesses made him an asset for us during a real time of need.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2012, 09:48 AM
All the best to him.

Technically not great but put in a shift for us and scored a few important goals.

dmc1875
17-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I see another of our ex players is on trial at Pompey. I didn't even know they were allowed to/had the money to sign players?

I thought he was on £8k a week while at Stoke?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19284581

fat freddy
17-08-2012, 09:53 AM

seriously?...you cant have seen too many hibs games if you think that sodje is one of the worst we've ever had....his goals kept us in the s.p.l. the season before last...every one of them meant something and we'd probably be in the 1st division now if he hadn't pitched up at easter rd. when he did.

Wilson
17-08-2012, 09:59 AM

With your racial stereotyping remark you almost have a point although, that it is factually correct in Sodje's case weakens your argument. The boy is hung. A goal for every inch would have been an ample return.

Length and girth are where it is at. Super furry anything is frowned upon in this day and age.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-08-2012, 10:01 AM

I pointed out at a fact, you yourself jumped to the conclusion of racial stereotyping. Which in turn, quite ironically, says more about you than me. Have a good day :aok:

EdinMike
17-08-2012, 10:05 AM
I see another of our ex players is on trial at Pompey. I didn't even know they were allowed to/had the money to sign players?

I thought he was on £8k a week while at Stoke?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19284581

I dunno if I'm having a Friday morning brain fart, but I'm struggling to work out who you are talking about here ?! :confused:

Pretty Boy
17-08-2012, 10:09 AM
I dunno if I'm having a Friday morning brain fart, but I'm struggling to work out who you are talking about here ?! :confused:

The man, the myth, the legend.........

Tom Soares.

Gettin' Auld
17-08-2012, 10:11 AM

Halfway through the story it mentions Tom Soares. :aok:

EdinMike
17-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Christ I see, skimmed that part or blanked the name completely :greengrin

PISTOL1875
17-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Halfway through the story it mentions Tom Soares. :aok:

I never actually seen his name in the link.. Recollections of when he was picked for HIbs to start games..

Gettin' Auld
17-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I never actually seen his name in the link.. Recollections of when he was picked for HIbs to start games..

:tee hee:

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Sodje was an honest trier. Think that you see the role that he was trying to play but, the sorts that can do that properly cost a lot of money. Might suffer from the fact that he was a Calderclown signing, but he doesn't deserve to be classed as one of the worst.

M11BMO
17-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I pointed out at a fact, you yourself jumped to the conclusion of racial stereotyping. Which in turn, quite ironically, says more about you than me. Have a good day :aok:

For Gods sake, Bri. Can't you go a Friday without the use of some casual racism? Can't take you anywhere these days.

lucky
17-08-2012, 11:16 AM
seriously?...you cant have seen too many hibs games if you think that sodje is one of the worst we've ever had....his goals kept us in the s.p.l. the season before last...every one of them meant something and we'd probably be in the 1st division now if he hadn't pitched up at easter rd. when he did.

Seen Hibs plenty of times over the last 30 odd year. Mostly every week but the point I was making that technically he was one of the worst to play for Hibs. Yes he was big and strong and he scored some goals but he is/ was a very poor player.

Gatecrasher
17-08-2012, 11:21 AM
All the best to him.

Technically not great but put in a shift for us and scored a few important goals.
:agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
17-08-2012, 11:24 AM
For Gods sake, Bri. Can't you go a Friday without the use of some casual racism? Can't take you anywhere these days.

:faf:

superfurryhibby
17-08-2012, 11:37 AM
With your racial stereotyping remark you almost have a point although, that it is factually correct in Sodje's case weakens your argument. The boy is hung. A goal for every inch would have been an ample return.

Length and girth are where it is at. Super furry anything is frowned upon in this day and age.

How would you know that kind of detail about Sodje? Personal experience?

If I recall rightly Sodje objected to "amusing" references in to his organ size, feeling that they represented the casual stereotyping that allows racism to have an acceptable face.

Super furry is ok by me, especially in terms of fine music that originates in Wales

easty
17-08-2012, 12:36 PM
If I recall rightly Sodje objected to "amusing" references in to his organ size, feeling that they represented the casual stereotyping that allows racism to have an acceptable face.

I don't remember that at all.

superfurryhibby
17-08-2012, 01:17 PM

Twitter!

easty
17-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Twitter!

Well that explains why I havent seen that. What with me being neither a celebrity or a teenage girl, I've never felt the need to use Twitter.

superfurryhibby
17-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Well that explains why I havent seen that. What with me being neither a celebrity or a teenage girl, I've never felt the need to use Twitter.

Neither am I, on both counts, nor have I. Your point being?

Do you think racial stereotyping is ok? Do you believe that all black men have big cocks or that it's ok for people like Big Ron to call black men lazy coons etc?

Northernhibee
17-08-2012, 01:49 PM
All the best for the future Akpo, became a cult favourite for me.

Incidentally, I never commented about his genitalia because compared to mine it's nothing impressive :smug:

scuttle
17-08-2012, 01:54 PM

Do you think racial stereotyping is ok? Do you believe that all black men have big cocks or that it's ok for people like Big Ron to call black men lazy coons etc?

There must be white men with big wallopers,equally there must be black men with walnut whips

M11BMO
17-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't care how big his manhood is. All I know is that I'm hung like a horse... A seahorse!

Pedantic_Hibee
17-08-2012, 01:59 PM

You need a ride pal. Let it go, man.

500miles
17-08-2012, 02:01 PM
This thread has taken an odd turn.....

BTW, as far as I know the Sodje twitter account wasn't really him.

HibbyAndy
17-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Good luck Akpo :aok: Wasnae a bad player for the Cabbage.

Beefster
17-08-2012, 02:08 PM

Not even close.

Length and girth are where it is at.

I pointed out at a fact

There's something a bit creepy about grown men getting excitable about other men's knobs on a forum visible to bairns but each to their own.

IIRC, it offended his family too.

superfurryhibby
17-08-2012, 02:11 PM
You need a ride pal. Let it go, man.

Your insight is charming and witty. I'll ride you if you like?

easty
17-08-2012, 02:39 PM

Wasn't my point fairly obvious? I don't have Twitter.

Yeah I think racial stereotyping is brilliant, it's my favourite type of stereotyping. I thank you for your humerous Big Ron comment, and can completely see why you'd make the natural progressive step from my posts so far to that. :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
17-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Not even close.

There's something a bit creepy about grown men getting excitable about other men's knobs on a forum visible to bairns but each to their own.

IIRC, it offended his family too.

Quoting it makes you worse, to be fair :wink:

lyonhibs
17-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Some folk want to lighten up.

Anyway, best of luck to Akpo. The big man did us a turn when it was desperately needed.

Future17
17-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Some folk want to lighten up.

Anyway, best of luck to Akpo. The big man did us a turn when it was desperately needed.

What do you mean by "big" man?!?!

Pretty Boy
17-08-2012, 05:19 PM
2 questions:

What was this Sodje song about his boabby? Must have missed that one.

How did someone come by this info?

M11BMO
17-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Did no one else notice that he used to tuck it in his sock?

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 06:08 PM
No way can he be described as one of our worst ever. 6/7 goals in the 6 months he played is good. To compare him to the likes of Konte is beyond hilarious.