PDA

View Full Version : NHC Fabrice Muamba retires

Pretty Boy
15-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Set to announce his retirement from football on Doctors advice according to Sky.

Not exactly unexpected but a shame. Obviously the fact he survived such an event and his long term health is of the upmost importance though.

Thecat23
15-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Good luck to him whatever he goes on to do in life. Small price to pay really when you consider he was actually dead on the park. His family and friends will just be delighted he's still with them.

R'Albin
15-08-2012, 12:55 PM
I imagine Bolton will try help him out somehow with his future. It's so sad that he has to retire however his wellbeing is much more important than anything else obviously.

EdinMike
15-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Small breaking news on BBC but not much yet really

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19265338

Sean1875
15-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Its a miracle hes even alive, so expecting him to play football again would have just been asking too much. Im sure hell still be involved in the game some how though, fingers crossed. :agree:

DAVE1875
15-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Sad to see a player being forced to retire at such a young age, hopefully Bolton offer him something like a youth coaching role, assuming he wants to stay in football

Stevie Reid
15-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Very sad that he has to retire but he as he says, he is thankful for just being alive. Will no doubt have made pretty handsome earnings from football thus far even for a relatively young man - I wonder what the insurance situation is like for such health issues.

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2012, 04:16 PM
It's a shame, but he's alive, and that's what matters. He's so lucky to have pulled through. Good luck to him.

Northernhibee
15-08-2012, 04:32 PM
It's very sad, but the speed at which he recovered and returned to walk out to both sets of fans chanting his name was inspirational.

Hopefully he can do some coaching and inspire the youngsters at Bolton to fulfill their ambition.

Cracking bloke.

ScottB
15-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Bolton have previously said he has a job there for life, so that's something.

Utterly amazing he's alive, never mind free of brain damage and what not after being dead for 78 minutes. All the best to him for the future.

VickMackie
15-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Bolton have previously said he has a job there for life, so that's something.

Utterly amazing he's alive, never mind free of brain damage and what not after being dead for 78 minutes. All the best to him for the future.

:agree: and the credit must go to the medical staff as well.

SMAXXA
15-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Very sad that he has to retire but he as he says, he is thankful for just being alive. Will no doubt have made pretty handsome earnings from football thus far even for a relatively young man - I wonder what the insurance situation is like for such health issues.

I'm sure he will get well weighed in to be fair mate, he will get some compo I'm sure.

As has been said I'm not to fussed he's retiring, just thankful he is still alive, miraculous so it is.