PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson - suspected broken toe

theonlywayisup
15-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Hibs fear Lewis Stevenson could be sidelined for a lengthy period after the midfield star suffered a suspected broken toe in the first Edinburgh derby of the season. It is understood the 24-year-old is awaiting the results of a scan on the injury to the big toe of his left foot, sustained during the first half of the clash against Hearts.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-midfielder-lewis-stevenson-awaits-scan-on-suspected-broken-toe-1-2468369

blaikie
15-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Could be a bit if a blow! Can be fantastic on his day but Claros can fill in!

California-Hibs
15-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Could be a bit if a blow! Can be fantastic on his day but Claros can fill in!

Can be fantastic on his day??! Ahahahaha good one!

PatHead
15-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Bad luck for him. May go some way to settling the argument on here as to how good or crap he really is and what he brings to the team.

Would have been worse for Hibs last season though..........

lEXO
15-08-2012, 11:57 AM

Deary me:rolleyes:. There are some right ungracious and sarcastic d@@k,s in our support. Player gets injured against our biggest rivals and you come out with this!
It,s not as if it,s constructive criticism, it,s just an excuse to have a pop at him.
Hope it,s not to bad and he does,nt miss to many games.

Greendub
15-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Must have been that pass to spoony, so good he broke his toe!

blaikie

Played a good game on Sunday! When Fenlon came in last season he helped turn round fortunes playing more regularly, might not be the next Scott Brown but he can offer something to the team! Still relatively quite young in footballing terms also!

hulk
Deary me:rolleyes:. There are some right ungracious and sarcastic d@@k,s in our support. Player gets injured against our biggest rivals and you come out with this!
It,s not as if it,s constructive criticism, it,s just an excuse to have a pop at him.
Hope it,s not to bad and he does,nt miss to many games.

Totally agree - folk seem to foget it was his crossfield pass (with a borken toe) that led to our goal

Spike Mandela
15-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Irrespective of failings of individual players the one thing this small squad doesn't need is lengthy injuries to ANYONE.

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2012, 12:02 PM
might force us to get another midfielder, even if just on loan

PeterboroHibee
15-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Thats unfortunate for Stevenson as he looked good at the weekend. Hopefully its not too serious as we really dont have many options in the squad, and unless any new signings come in, I wouldnt really like to see us changing the system from Sunday.

Titch
15-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Must have been that pass to spoony, so good he broke his toe!
Or even better as the pass was played with a broken toe :not worth

Judas Iscariot
15-08-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't rate him at all, as most on here know, but he did play better on Sunday and it's never good to hear that 1 of our 1st team players has sustained a bad injury..

Hope he recovers quickly :aok:

Greendub
15-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Maybe we should break his toes more often if he plays better

brog
15-08-2012, 02:15 PM
A shame for Lewis but maybe finally an opportunity for Callum Booth.

LeighLoyal
15-08-2012, 02:22 PM

On the bench maybe. I hope we just go with a four of Spoon Deegan Claros and Cairney.

number9dream
15-08-2012, 02:39 PM
On the bench maybe. I hope we just go with a four of Spoon Deegan Claros and Cairney.

I'm sure that's what will happen but Booth wide left and Cairney in one and supporting the front two provides a much greater goal threat...

PatHead
15-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Kujabi on wide left midfield might be worth a try as well.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-08-2012, 02:48 PM

Doubt it. Never close to a start

Jonnyboy
15-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Is this the same Lewis I was reading was taken off by Fenlon because he was playing badly? :wink:

PatHead
15-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Is this the same Lewis I was reading was taken off by Fenlon because he was playing badly? :wink:

Well, would you not play badly if your toe was broken?

Jonnyboy
15-08-2012, 09:57 PM

You've missed my point. I read on here that LS was hooked because he was playing badly. Clearly wasn't the case

PatHead
15-08-2012, 09:59 PM
You've missed my point. I read on here that LS was hooked because he was playing badly. Clearly wasn't the case

Sorry was fully tongue in cheek comment.

frazeHFC
15-08-2012, 10:00 PM

Played one of the best games of my life with a suspected broken toe. :agree:

I like Stevenson. Don't think he is good enough for our first team if we want ambitions of becoming a good team again, but there are worse players in our team i'd rather we got rid of.

Jonnyboy
15-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Sorry was fully tongue in cheek comment.

S'ok :aok: To answer your original question though I'd say my standard of play would be about the same - broken toe or not :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
15-08-2012, 10:02 PM

No pace, no height, no goals, no left feet.

Vault Boy
15-08-2012, 10:15 PM

:rolleyes: The young guy gave 100% against Hearts on Sunday, playing on what is probably a broken toe. Show some respect you tit. He played well.

happiehibbie
16-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Every cloud EH

I actualy laughed when a guy up from me say when he came off injured I hope its serious

Judas Iscariot
16-08-2012, 10:39 AM
No pace, no height, no goals, no left feet.

So what would Stevenson bring to that other than a left foot..

Spoony has scored more goals than LS in 2 season than what LS has scored in his career

BarneyK
16-08-2012, 11:12 AM
So what would Stevenson bring to that other than a left foot..

Spoony has scored more goals than LS in 2 season than what LS has scored in his career

:agree: As an aside, not sure why Cairney was being written off as a goal threat after only two competitive games. :dunno: