PDA

View Full Version : NHC Boozy

hibees 7062
14-08-2012, 03:43 PM
My mates son was training with him today , said hes still got it . How good would it be to have him in the team ?

Golden Bear
14-08-2012, 03:54 PM
My mates son was training with him today , said hes still got it . How good would it be to have him in the team ?

I don't know about his footballing abilities these days but he was an entertaining commentator for Hibs TV last season!

I thought he was employed in some sort of coaching capacity at Falkirk in any case?

Macaroon
14-08-2012, 04:00 PM
He took a training session for my team recently and it was fantastic. Fun to be around and took a really exciting session. He certainly still has some skills that's for sure! Some of the passes he was making in the game at the end were so effective it was bordering on hilarious, it was like they had an extra 5 men on the park!

Hibiza
14-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Be a great coach.

Fergos
14-08-2012, 04:25 PM
An absolute quality act - remember him vs Livi one night at ER, midweek under the floodlights, was immense, balance and Hibernian style....oh to have one like him now....

HibsNutter
14-08-2012, 04:29 PM
We should seriously try and get him back in a coaching capacity.

He was an absolutely immense player on his day, oozed class and composure. He also showed so much passion when commentating last year, almost like they'd asked a fan to commentate, what a man.

We done it Dad
14-08-2012, 04:31 PM
I think he is coach at Stirling University second team.

hibees 7062
14-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Be a great coach.

:agree: Hes going through his badges at tory glen just now

scott7_0(Prague)
14-08-2012, 04:33 PM
How good would it be to have him in the team ?

Unless we had a team that was capable of carrying a passenger then it would be crap.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-08-2012, 04:50 PM
The point about Boozy is that if he had been consistently brilliant he would never have been near a team like Hibs, unless it was a twilight shift like Sauzee.

Bighoose
14-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Fave memory is him nutmegging Lennon,...twice. Lennon's face was bright red with rage. Hilarious.

Matty_Jack04
14-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Boozy would still be playing now but for needing knee surgery which he can't afford so it stops him passing medicals

One of my favourite ever hibs players and a true gent to boot

jane_says
14-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Immense player until he did his knee at Killie, was never the same again. Remember him at Ibrox when we won 1-0 under Collins he was just spraying one touch, cross field balls at will. Would love to have his passing ability now.

As people have said I hope he comes back as a coach, so much passion for the club, would be a great guy to have around.

Elephant Stone
14-08-2012, 07:33 PM
He was different class as a player and is a quality guy- I'd absolutely love for him to come back as a coach.

Elephant Stone
14-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Immense player until he did his knee at Killie, was never the same again. Remember him at Ibrox when we won 1-0 under Collins he was just spraying one touch, cross field balls at will. Would love to have his passing ability now.

As people have said I hope he comes back as a coach, so much passion for the club, would be a great guy to have around.

Remember that well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EJn1mAukc

McKenzie
14-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Coached Stirling Uni first team last season - they won the league beating Spartans to it

hibees 7062
14-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Remember that well.

Now thats football :thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
14-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Remember that well.

F*** me, those were the days.

.Sean.
14-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Boozy would still be playing now but for needing knee surgery which he can't afford so it stops him passing medicals

One of my favourite ever hibs players and a true gent to boot

:agree:

Hibs class.

I was on the bevvy with him in Shanghai one night last year. Fantastic guy. Absolutely HATES the Hearts :greengrin

Sean1875
14-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Remember that well.

Such a mix of emotions watching that, hard to believe that was only a few years ago :boo hoo:

jacomo
14-08-2012, 11:12 PM
F*** me, those were the days.

Yup, we used to be a good football team.

Cocaine&Caviar
14-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Anyone able to confirm the team that day?

Murphy, Buezlin, Zemmama, O'Brien, who else?

Heckys Wheel
14-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Hilarious the amount of grief he took back in the day.

He had the odd game where he'd spray 40 yard passes, dribble and show unreal skills. But the rest if the time, when he was supposedly "a passenger", he sat deep, picked up the ball and made simple passes all day long.

Underestimated and under appreciated by a lot of Hibs fans.

hibees 7062
14-08-2012, 11:30 PM

He had the odd game where he'd spray 40 yard passes, dribble and show unreal skills. But the rest if the time, when he was supposedly "a passenger", he sat deep, picked up the ball and made simple passes all day long.

:top marks

Cocaine&Caviar
14-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Anyone able to confirm the team that day?

Murphy, Buezlin, Zemmama, O'Brien, who else?

Hibernian:

Kalambay,

McCann, Hogg, Jones, Murphy,

Kerr, Beuzelin, Chisholm,

Donaldson (Morais 46), Fletcher (O'Brien 82). Antoine-Curier (Zemmama 74)

Subs Not Used: McNeil, Gathuessi, McCormack, Shiels.

Crazy really

Tricla
14-08-2012, 11:37 PM

Yup.

Heckys Wheel
14-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Hibernian:

Kalambay,

Crazy really

Makes a good case for the culture at Hibs being wrong these days.

Jones, Murphy, Boozy and Fletcher surely didn't carry that team but the rest were average - *****.

How does that team compare to this season's?

Graham Law
15-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Remember that well.

Watching that game gives me so many happy memories mate , thank you for posting that. :aok:

It makes me cringe when i read all these negative posts about players from that successfull few seasons . Surely its not just me that appreciates just how great a team Hibernian was to watch.

I get my kill when I read all these posts about

How average and lazy the likes of Boozy , Zemmama and only turned up for the big games :confused:

How lazy Killen and Thommo were :confused:

How Whittaker was never a right back :confused:

How Murphy was to slow :confused:

How slow Riordan was :confused:

How Rob Jones was a poor passer and not as good as some thought :confused:

How Hogg was the worst centre back ever at ER :confused:

How Scott Brown was a hot head and we were better taking the cash :confused:

The list goes on ............. and on ...... and on !!

GGTTH

Graham Law
15-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Unless we had a team that was capable of carrying a passenger then it would be crap.

Says it all really !!

With that current crop of players at ER I would happily take Boozy in the middle of the park on crutches TBH as he would still retain possession and not turn the ball over as much as the crop of players that have passed through ER over the last few seasons :agree:

jamieross
15-08-2012, 12:53 AM
One of my favourite players to play for us and as said really sound to speak too. Id love to have him back in the club in a coaching capacity maybe with the youngsters, show them how to pass the ball better etc. Always comes across with real emotion for our club. :not worth

hail1875hail
15-08-2012, 08:43 AM
He coaches me at the football academy and hes probably the best coach I've ever had!!:agree: in terms of football he's still got it but his knees ****ed and that's his reason whenever I ask him to go back and play for hibs. But his French accent is hilarious and he is absolutely hibs mad:thumbsup::hibees

Golden Bear
15-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Coached Stirling Uni first team last season - they won the league beating Spartans to it

I see that former Hibee Eddie May has been appointed as the new "high performance football coach" at the University of Stirling. (no longer Stirling University apparently!)

It all sounds very grand.

:coffee:

Brightside
15-08-2012, 08:56 AM

Just like Stevenson..... :offski:

hibees 7062
15-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Says it all really !!

With that current crop of players at ER I would happily take Boozy in the middle of the park on crutches TBH as he would still retain possession and not turn the ball over as much as the crop of players that have passed through ER over the last few seasons :agree:

Exactly right :agree:

Amadou_Konte
15-08-2012, 01:04 PM

He coached the second team mate, I was part of the club and all the 2nd XI boys said he was brilliant, great banter and a good coach. He was quality at the end of season dinner, had a few too many and ended up dancing on tables, throwing food around etc.

Think he is still coaching at Falkirk and is taking the 2nd XI this season again.

jacomo
15-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Hibernian:

Kalambay,

Crazy really

Blimey... That was very far from being the best team we had - no Benji, Whittaker, Brown, with G'OC, Riordan, Thomson already long away.

Fergos
15-08-2012, 06:46 PM
The comment earlier about Boozy being a "passenger" is hilarious.

Macaroon
15-08-2012, 07:14 PM
He coaches me at the football academy and hes probably the best coach I've ever had!!:agree: in terms of football he's still got it but his knees ****ed and that's his reason whenever I ask him to go back and play for hibs. But his French accent is hilarious and he is absolutely hibs mad:thumbsup::hibees

His accent is fantastic. When someone misplaces a pass he just shouts out a very French "OI OI OI OI OI" It's hilarious.

Such a great coach. Even had me as a Goalkeeper far more involved with the whole team than I am in normal sessions. All of the drills involved a goalkeeper actually playing in goals which was a relief!