PDA

View Full Version : Financial Question

Famous Fiver
13-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I see that 3863 Hearts fans attended yesterday.

Did they buy their tickets direct from Hibs or did they buy them from Hearts?

If, as I suspect, they got them from Hearts that means the Jambos must owe us 3863 x £28 which, by my reckoning is £108,164.

Has this already been paid over?

If not, when does it fall due?

More importantly, when can we expect it, especially in view of reports elsewhere on this forum about their present difficulties with HMRC?

Is there a deadline in the SPL regulations and what are the sanctions if payment is not made?

Perhaps one for our learned financial friends CWG or CG to give us their views?

Pretty Boy
13-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Genuine question to add:

Do Hearts give us the full ticket value or are they allowed to keep a small percentage as a handling fee for processing the sales etc?

bingo70
13-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I see that 3863 Hearts fans attended yesterday.

Did they buy their tickets direct from Hibs or did they buy them from Hearts?

If, as I suspect, they got them from Hearts that means the Jambos must owe us 3863 x £28 which, by my reckoning is £108,164.

Has this already been paid over?

If not, when does it fall due?

More importantly, when can we expect it, especially in view of reports elsewhere on this forum about their present difficulties with HMRC?

Is there a deadline in the SPL regulations and what are the sanctions if payment is not made?

Perhaps one for our learned financial friends CWG or CG to give us their views?

i think most companies have 30 day payment terms, i'd imagine SPL clubs may be the same.

thats not to say they might not be a bit late in paying it though.

Caversham Green
13-08-2012, 02:20 PM
I remember last season Hibs sold all the tickets for the New Year Derby at Hearts suggestion because the yams would not be able to pay over the amount they collected, but I assume that it reverted to Hearts selling them this time.

They have to pay over the amount they collected within ten days of the match and there's no handling fee - they have to pay over the full amount. Celtc and that club that went bust and disappeared tried to charge a 5% fee a couple of years ago, but I think most club decided to handle those sales themselves.

I don't know what sanctions could be imposed for late or non-payment though.

PatHead
13-08-2012, 02:30 PM
I remember last season Hibs sold all the tickets for the New Year Derby at Hearts suggestion because the yams would not be able to pay over the amount they collected, but I assume that it reverted to Hearts selling them this time.

They have to pay over the amount they collected within ten days of the match and there's no handling fee - they have to pay over the full amount. Celtc and that club that went bust and disappeared tried to charge a 5% fee a couple of years ago, but I think most club decided to handle those sales themselves.

I don't know what sanctions could be imposed for late or non-payment though.

Had a feeling that a penalty was one of the proposed laws being brought in after Rangers didn't pay Dunfermline last season, same as non payment of wages, tax, etc.....