PDA

View Full Version : Turn up the volume

Johnny Clash
13-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Not sure why, but the public address system at ER seems to be stuck on number 4 on the volume control!

You could hardly hear '500 miles' before kick off yesterday and the start of the second half was a joke!

Despite this, our support made a great atmosphere.

I just think that in future it would be better if we had some inspirational hibee songs blasting out.

GLORY, GLORY TO THE HIBEES... THE PROCLAIMERS
And on that subject... I wish the Proclaimers could record an up tempo version of GGTTH... they have covered it live a few times.
The old 'Buddie' Hector Nicol's version obviously has its place but much better to have a version with guts sung by Hibees that the crowd can sing along to!

edwards
13-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Not sure why, but the public address system at ER seems to be stuck on number 4 on the volume control!

You could hardly hear '500 miles' before kick off yesterday and the start of the second half was a joke!

I just think that in future it would be better if we had some inspirational hibee songs blasting out.

And on that subject... I wish the Proclaimers could record an up tempo version of GGTTH... they have covered it live a few times.
The old 'Buddie' Hector Nicol's version obviously has its place but much better to have a version with guts sung by Hibees that the crowd can sing along to!

Great Idea and sure the fans would buy it with a percentage going to the team and the rest to themselves would make a good christmas present.

dmc1875
13-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Got me thinking... We're was sunshine on leith before kick off? Used to get you buzzing before a big game when the teams came out...

bawheid
13-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Nothing worse than garbage blaring out the tannoy system right up to kickoff. I'd switch the thing off except to announce substitutions, and let the fans make the atmosphere.

Hibercelona
13-08-2012, 01:34 PM
The volumes been low ever since they replaced the old speakers. Perhaps the newer ones don't go very loud?

marinello59
13-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Nothing worse than garbage blaring out the tannoy system right up to kickoff. I'd switch the thing off except to announce substitutions, and let the fans make the atmosphere.

:agree: The only noise before kick off should come from both sets of fans.

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 01:36 PM

15 mins before kick-off i would turn it off. :agree:

Hibbyradge
13-08-2012, 01:51 PM
One of the best atmospheres I experienced was at Parkhead for a Scotland game. I think we were playing Latvia and we won 2 - 0 (Gallacher and Durie.)

The music before the game and at half time, whipped the crowd into a frenzy.

I definitely think the volume should be louder at Easter Road.

I can just imagine the atmosphere before Hibs v St Mirren/ICT/Ross County/Killie/St Johnstone etc or some of the smaller teams we might get in cup matches if the tannoy was switched off.

bawheid
13-08-2012, 02:02 PM

I can just imagine the atmosphere before Hibs v St Mirren/ICT/Ross County/Killie/St Johnstone etc or some of the smaller teams we might get in the cups match if the tannoy was switched off.

Yes, the atmosphere would consist of One Direction and Tinchy Stryder giving us all tinnitus while we struggled to converse with mates or get any proper Hibs chants going.

Then, when the thing is finally switched off at kick off, it takes a good few minutes for the crowd to exit from the daze and try and get some actual football atmosphere going. Hibs are usually 1 down by that point.

Sunshine on Leith and Glory Glory have their place, but the best atmospheres I can remember were when I was a kid and the football atmosphere was allowed to build itself rather than relying on some cheesy radio station DJ blasting out commercial pish.

Sorry, it's a pet hate of mine. :greengrin

RIP
13-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Management would like a much better PA system with an announcer to work with the crowd to make the place a fortress.

The music was changed 2 seasons ago to more raucous rock and punk after feedback from supporters.

However the quote for a new system was a six figure sum and at the moment every last penny of our ticket money needs to go to squad rebuild

DevonLoch
13-08-2012, 04:26 PM

http://youtu.be/tOnNy8K1KfY

Magic!

Jonnyboy
13-08-2012, 09:03 PM
One of the best atmospheres I experienced was at Parkhead for a Scotland game. I think we were playing Latvia and we won 2 - 0 (Gallacher and Durie.)

The music before the game and at half time, whipped the crowd into a frenzy.

I can just imagine the atmosphere before Hibs v St Mirren/ICT/Ross County/Killie/St Johnstone etc or some of the smaller teams we might get in cup matches if the tannoy was switched off.

Interesting you say that Mr Radge because in my experience the fans of these so called lesser clubs make one hell of a racket even if small in number. In fact I've even read on here that they make more noise than our own fans at times :wink:

I'm firmly in the no music from 15 minutes before kick off group although I agree the PA system is way too low as I'd no idea what players HMFC were subbing etc and I'd like to have known the names of those I intended to hurl abuse at :greengrin

Mikey
13-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm firmly in the no music from 15 minutes before kick off group.......

if it wasn't for the music blaring out at five to three you'd catnap through the first half :tee hee:

Jonnyboy
13-08-2012, 09:40 PM
if it wasn't for the music blaring out at five to three you'd catnap through the first half :tee hee:

:greengrin

green glory
14-08-2012, 08:07 AM
At Ibroke the PA above the away section is very very loud. Intimidatingly so. Why not do the same at 'The Dunbar End' (we should still call it that). GGTTH, The Proclaimers etc.

Slayer too!

Keith_M
14-08-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm all in favour of keeping the volume low, at least in the 5 minute run up to the game starting. I hate it when you get music blaring at ear-splitting levels, right up to, and sometimes just after, kick-off.

I actually think that was something that contributed to the better atmosphere, in comparison to the rest of the stadium, in the old east stand. The PA was so cr*p you had to make your own noise :greengrin

Greendub
14-08-2012, 10:37 AM
At Ibroke the PA above the away section is very very loud. Intimidatingly so. Why not do the same at 'The Dunbar End' (we should still call it that). GGTTH, The Proclaimers etc.

Slayer too!

Raining blood blasting at the away fans haaaaaaa

ShanksSaidNo
14-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Got me thinking... We're was sunshine on leith before kick off? Used to get you buzzing before a big game when the teams came out...

The club made the right decision not to play sunshine on leith before the game on Sunday as the hearts fans were planning a mass patronising singalong.

RyeSloan
14-08-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm all in favour of keeping the volume low, at least in the 5 minute run up to the game starting. I hate it when you get music blaring at ear-splitting levels, right up to, and sometimes just after, kick-off.

I actually think that was something that contributed to the better atmosphere, in comparison to the rest of the stadium, in the old east stand. The PA was so cr*p you had to make your own noise :greengrin

Totally agree...it was so poor you couldn't hear it. ALways remember I went to the West one day and was amazed how loud it was and how much it drowned everything out.

Nothing wrong with a couple of Hibs songs up to kick off but the concept of PA music blaring out and drowing out any crowd noise (and therefore actively discouraging it) right until the second the ball is kicked is a flawed one and something that defo does not help the atmosphere one bit.

CalgaryHibs
14-08-2012, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=Johnny Clash;3326452]Not sure why, but the public address system at ER seems to be stuck on number 4 on the volume control!

The old 'Buddie' Hector Nicol's version obviously has its place but much better to have a version with guts sung by Hibees that the crowd can sing along to![/QUOTE
------
This subject came up on Hibs net years ago, ER still hasn"t fixed it ? Wow

shetlandhibee
15-08-2012, 12:38 AM
If we can get attendances up to 14,000 - 15,00 then we can afford to turn them down a wee bit but if not then then they we should stay the way we are and try and get some classic hibees song & chants going! :scarf: