PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be a Hibee

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Over pre-season i really just could not be bothered with Hibs, wasn't interested which was pretty sad to be honest. Then i started getting a bit excited for the derby on Saturday, my first game since end of last season. Then yesterday was just a brilliant day, early start, absolutely brilliant atmopshere, and a decent team performance. I did expect them to come in party mode, sing for 90 minutes while the Hibs support in general was quiet. But it was nothing of the sort, great singing from us for 90 minutes, some songs sung very loud, other new songs continuing to catch on. The new players looked good, and we never fell apart at 1-0 down, we managed to keep playing and create chances. Good laugh after the football too, and already cannot wait for St Mirren.

Certainly got the buzz of going to Hibs games back after yesterday. :thumbsup:

Hopefully we can go there this coming weekend and get our first win of the season and continue to improve.

GGTTH!!!

:flag:

rcarter1
13-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Agree the atmosphere was top drawer considering the numbers that attended. The East for me demonstrated exactly the attitude required - when the opposition try to noise you up, noise em back two fold. I genuinely believe that the Hibs crowd (and the performances of the two teams on the park), put a bit of a dampener on the 'party'. If anything it showed that the Cup Final, as rotten as it was, is in the past, and we are fighting our way back inch by inch. Absolutely delighted I attended for both the crowd and the team. :flag::flag::flag:

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 10:18 AM
I loved the bits when they were singing 5-1 etc, thinking it would wind us up, and then straight away the drum went and everyone burst into Alee Alee Aleh Ohhh, jumping about, and then it shut them up, which showed we really didn't give a toss about their attempts to wind us up! :thumbsup:

marinello59
13-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Over pre-season i really just could not be bothered with Hibs, wasn't interested which was pretty sad to be honest. Then i started getting a bit excited for the derby on Saturday, my first game since end of last season. Then yesterday was just a brilliant day, early start, absolutely brilliant atmopshere, and a decent team performance. I did expect them to come in party mode, sing for 90 minutes while the Hibs support in general was quiet. But it was nothing of the sort, great singing from us for 90 minutes, some songs sung very loud, other new songs continuing to catch on. The new players looked good, and we never fell apart at 1-0 down, we managed to keep playing and create chances. Good laugh after the football too, and already cannot wait for St Mirren.

Certainly got the buzz of going to Hibs games back after yesterday. :thumbsup:

Hopefully we can go there this coming weekend and get our first win of the season and continue to improve.

GGTTH!!!

:flag:

That sums it up for me too. We walked out of the ground with smiles on our faces and yes, proud to be Hibbys. :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
13-08-2012, 10:25 AM
I loved the bits when they were singing 5-1 etc, thinking it would wind us up, and then straight away the drum went and everyone burst into Alee Alee Aleh Ohhh, jumping about, and then it shut them up, which showed we really didn't give a toss about their attempts to wind us up! :thumbsup:

Alee Alee Alay Ohhhhhhhhhh

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Alee Alee Alay Ohhhhhhhhhh

:thumbsup: Alee Alee Alay Ohhhhhhhhhh :singing:

I think the drummer deserves a chance to make it as a pro. :greengrin

1two
13-08-2012, 07:27 PM
I was at the game but can't remember the alee alee ohhhh song.
What's the tune?