PDA

View Full Version : Zaliukas and Webster

maturehibby
13-08-2012, 09:46 AM
In the past these two used to close the door on us when they went ahead but yesterday I felt that they lost a lot of their effectiveness and our forwards were able to find holes in their play - start of going down the slippery slope slope for them I believe and also at corners the Hibs defenders were able to match these two and blot out their threat .
Encouraging for us and also for the other premier teams who will now realise that these two are on the wane

Twa Cairpets
13-08-2012, 09:50 AM
In the past these two used to close the door on us when they went ahead but yesterday I felt that they lost a lot of their effectiveness and our forwards were able to find holes in their play - start of going down the slippery slope slope for them I believe and also at corners the Hibs defenders were able to match these two and blot out their threat .
Encouraging for us and also for the other premier teams who will now realise that these two are on the wane

They missed Black mopping up in front of them big time, and therefore were under more pressure. I think they're both pretty capable defenders to be honest, but if you have more work to do the odds are you'll get caught out more.

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2012, 10:00 AM

In the past as soon as we went behind heads went down, different mentality yesterday meant that was never going to happpen and therefore the belief that they were impregnable disappeared. More to do with our mentality, passion and belief rather than their lack of quality IMO.

Monts
13-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I think in the past webster and Zaliukas have looked better as they played a 5 man midfield which stopped ours having any effect. But now they dont have those strong characters in midfield so we were much more competitive in the final 3rd, instead of just feeding off scraps.

hibsbollah
13-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I think its as simple as Webster is underrated and Zaliukas is overrated. When ive seen them , admittedly not often, Zal is prone to mistakes and Webster carries him through. Most regular yamwatchers i know agree.

lucky
13-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Both played well but they don't have decent midfield or full backs to help them so they will continue to be exposed

PISTOL1875
13-08-2012, 10:23 AM
One thing that was surprising was the amount of joy Hibs had in the air yesterday ?? Quite a few times McPake got up well to win headers at throw ins which went on target and forced the goalie into making a save..