PDA

View Full Version : young guys

18/03/07
12-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Caldwell & handling,thought they guys done well today when they come on,Ross pulled a good save from the yam goalie,if spoony had got pass to young danny who know's

Onceinawhile
12-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I thought both were poor. Both this week and last. Not the answer yet. Hopefully kuqi will bring on Caldwell and handling can deliver on his undoubted potential.

Squealing pig
12-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Happy were using them and not signing dross from league 2 or likes. They will come on leaps and bound this year but Danny, Ivan's hair isn't cool dont copy it lad.

Squealing pig
12-08-2012, 08:28 PM
They will start league cup games hopefully 5 to 10 goals minimum for them IMO

blaikie
12-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Stanton is there as well hopefully all 3 come on well this season, they are the future

Heedersnvolleys
12-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Caldwell & handling,thought they guys done well today when they come on,Ross pulled a good save from the yam goalie,if spoony had got pass to young danny who know's

I agree, thought Caldwell done well when he came on.

Bookkeeper
12-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Here's hoping we get another couple of signings in, midfield and upfront. Then we can give these young lads some game time off the bench and not have to rely on them, burn them out and shred their confidence. If they're the real deal, they'll be playing soon enough.

Franck Stanton
12-08-2012, 11:02 PM
They still have a lot to learn on todays showing. They are young and were thrown into the white-hot couldron that is a Derby, probably not the best time to do so, they will learn, get some game time against the so-called lesser teams during the season and we will see from there.

lucky
12-08-2012, 11:12 PM
I thought they struggled but some game time will help them. Hopefully get more experienced players in to help them.

PeterboroHibee
13-08-2012, 07:45 AM
I thought both of them were poor, but the way we were playing at the end of the game didnt help them, hoofing it at every opportunity. I think they both look like they have potential, but to expect them to lead the line in a derby without an experienced player alongside them was a bit much.

Aldo
13-08-2012, 07:49 AM
I thought both of them were poor, but the way we were playing at the end of the game didnt help them, hoofing it at every opportunity. I think they both look like they have potential, but to expect them to lead the line in a derby without an experienced player alongside them was a bit much.

tmd. I would rather they got a chance than play Sproule and this is just my opinion mind.

Would agree that it was a bit my h to have them both leading the line but LG picked up a knock.

They will come good, I'm sure of it.

PeterboroHibee
13-08-2012, 09:22 AM
tmd. I would rather they got a chance than play Sproule and this is just my opinion mind.

Would agree that it was a bit my h to have them both leading the line but LG picked up a knock.

They will come good, I'm sure of it.

Dont get my wrong, I agree with everything you have said, and I wasnt meaning to criticise them. If one of the older players isnt pulling their weight or performing, I would much rather see one of the younger guys get a chance, and I have no doubts that Caldwell and Handling will be good players for us.

My point was that it was a bit unfair on the two of them to be upfront on their own, trying to win the long ball against two experienced CBs like Webster and Zaliukas. I accept Griffiths picked up a knock and thats unfortunate, as it would have been alot more beneficial for Caldwell to be up front with someone like him, with a bit more experience (despite Griffiths still being young himself).

Jim Scotts hat trick
13-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Happy were using them and not signing dross from league 2 or likes. They will come on leaps and bound this year but Danny, Ivan's hair isn't cool dont copy it lad.

Think Ivans hair is like beaker from the muppet show:greengrin:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 10:47 AM
I thought they tried and gave their all. Both had a couple of decent touches and did all they were asked. But it did show that they need to be a but stronger, and hopefully that will come in time.

Aldo
13-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Dont get my wrong, I agree with everything you have said, and I wasnt meaning to criticise them. If one of the older players isnt pulling their weight or performing, I would much rather see one of the younger guys get a chance, and I have no doubts that Caldwell and Handling will be good players for us.

My point was that it was a bit unfair on the two of them to be upfront on their own, trying to win the long ball against two experienced CBs like Webster and Zaliukas. I accept Griffiths picked up a knock and thats unfortunate, as it would have been alot more beneficial for Caldwell to be up front with someone like him, with a bit more experience (despite Griffiths still being young himself).

Mate no having a dig. Your spot on bout them leading the line on their own especially against those 2 ugly B's. They will defo benefit from LG and if rumors are true Kuqi.

Shame Caldwell couldn't put that header away at the end. Long long road ahead and the performances need to be along these lines if not better.

FWIW I think they would/will do better against other CB pairings.