PDA

View Full Version : Yams Rumour that the yaks haven't being paying their PAYE

hibs0666
12-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Apparently a SPL chairman has been saying that the yams are 3 months behind with their PAYE payments and HMRC is owed over a million.

Lovely jubbly if true. :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
12-08-2012, 07:26 PM
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae247/Mainboy/Pleasing/greggy.png

down-the-slope
12-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Apparently a SPL chairman has been saying that the yams are 3 months behind with their PAYE payments and HMRC is owed over a million.

Maybe need a wee sale or 2 before window closes to sort that IF true....or the new penalties will kick in

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Going to be a bumper couple of years for SFL3 clubs looking to play in ****hole stadiums :agree:

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 07:30 PM

And the link to this is where?

Hibee87
12-08-2012, 07:33 PM

out of curiosity when did it go all tits up for them last year end of september/october time was it?

by my guessing the season ticket money will have now dried up. there game againt liverpool will tide them over, will let them pay the PAYE and any 'final' reminders similar to this time last year they will be ok for a month or 2 then bang back into the not paying players etc. would be very interesting if true

erin go bragh
12-08-2012, 07:35 PM
1.5 m :cb ive heard ,tick tock

ggtth

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Seems a bit of an obvious question but how would another SPL chairman know the inner workings of Hearts accounting?

down-the-slope
12-08-2012, 07:36 PM

Are you more worried about things financial or how your team played today?

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Are you more worried about things financial or how your team played today?
Errrrr, no...don't be ridiculous. My question concerned the possibility of yet another thread about Hearts going bust/being skint/yada yada yada.

RoYO!
12-08-2012, 07:39 PM
How much do hmfc owe to the tax man that got them served with the winding up orders?

Is this a 1.5M on top of that?

Let's hope so :p

Matty_Jack04
Even if there's truth in it, it's not as if vlads not held off to the last minute before..his will be no different

The Falcon
Seems a bit of an obvious question but how would another SPL chairman know the inner workings of Hearts accounting?

I'm not sure anyone at Hearts knows how their accounting system works. Nobody outside Hearts will have a scooby although if they are making payments on time it will be a first. They always pay............eventually.

Mark79
12-08-2012, 07:40 PM
I heard the same tonight at fives from a couple of those maroon loving wierdos

hibs0666
12-08-2012, 07:41 PM

All over your team's web site mate.

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 07:42 PM
1m or 2m is hardly much to worry about. The hun stiffed the Queen for £70m-90m.

down-the-slope
12-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Errrrr, no...don't be ridiculous. My question concerned the possibility of yet another thread about Hearts going bust/being skint/yada yada yada.

Yup but if your team is really in that position you are going to get more of those performances as no more over paid mercenaries..no?

hibs0666

Your club now has to report to the SPL when it breaches certain financial conditions.

CropleyWasGod

That's my initial reaction, too. Other than HMFC saying it themselves, only HMRC would be in a position to tell him that...... which would be ever so naughty.

That said, it does make sense if it is true. They have had very little income since May, with a hefty wage bill to meet.

Gatecrasher
IIRC new rules have been brought in and if a club is behind in their taxes they need to inform the SPL.

hibs0666
12-08-2012, 07:45 PM
That's my initial reaction, too. Other than HMFC saying it themselves, only HMRC would be in a position to tell him that...... which would be ever so naughty.

That said, it does make sense if it is true. They have had very little income since May, with a hefty wage bill to meet.

New SPL financial reporting rules are now in place when clubs are in breach. Someone could quite easily have breached a confidence.

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Yup but if your team is really in that position you are going to get more of those performances as no more over paid mercenaries..no?
My team? Hearts? I don't think so but if that's meant to be an attempt at a wind up then....

down-the-slope
12-08-2012, 07:50 PM
My team? Hearts? I don't think so but if that's meant to be an attempt at a wind up then....

You don't think so :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2012, 07:51 PM
New SPL financial reporting rules are now in place when clubs are in breach. Someone could quite easily have breached a confidence.

Ah, of course. I forgot about them. Still, like you say, someone has spoken out of turn.

God Petrie
12-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Couple of references to it here from the ****s themselves so maybe something in this: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/116740-our-financial-state/

Just Alf
12-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Couple of references to it here from the ****s themselves so maybe something in this: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/116740-our-financial-state/

yup.. saying the SPL "chairman" was from St Mirren...... mind you might just be the usual rumour upon rumour growing into a "real" story......... on the other hand! :cb

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2012, 08:02 PM

Do you know what the sanctions are?

Please don't tell me it's a fine.....:greengrin

Edit... just found it... it's a player registration embargo.

MrSmith
12-08-2012, 08:03 PM

But why would Hearts agree to such rules if in trouble with PAYE? Doesn't make sense to me! However, I'm sure Captain Vlad will keep the afloat at the last minute ... ~~~/\~~~~<|uboat|>

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2012, 08:05 PM
But why would Hearts agree to such rules if in trouble with PAYE? Doesn't make sense to me! However, I'm sure Captain Vlad will keep the afloat at the last minute ... ~~~/\~~~~<||>

It was an SPL vote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18263819

"And, if clubs do not keep up to date with their PAYE and NIC, they will be made subject to a player registration embargo until they are up to date.
"An obligation to pay the taxman on time with a player registration embargo automatically coming in if there is any failure - those are big changes that demonstrate very clearly how serious the clubs are that clubs do live within their means.

essexhibee
12-08-2012, 08:17 PM
How many times have stories like this appeared.... nothing ever happens :agree:

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
How many times have stories like this appeared.... nothing ever happens :agree:

That was before the new SPL regime, though. It will be interesting to see what action is taken. In theory, that action will be more timeous than the Court route.

The Harp Awakes
12-08-2012, 10:19 PM

I heard the same last night. Apparently as a result of OldHuns demise there's a new spl rule where clubs have to report to the spl if they fall 3 months behind paying paye. I think this is true but not sure how big a deal it is.

fatbloke
13-08-2012, 03:47 AM

Before we all start creaming ourselves again, let me assure all Hibbys this is a load of Tom Kite. Absolutely no truth whatsoever in this. My source? HMRC well connected employee who is a Hibs fan who sometimes posts on here but cannot post on this topic for obvious reasons. All he said is that HMFC have been told by VR that they need to be self-financing from now on. So sorry chaps nothing to see here - well for the moment anyway.

HoboHarry
13-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Before we all start creaming ourselves again, let me assure all Hibbys this is a load of Tom Kite. Absolutely no truth whatsoever in this. My source? HMRC well connected employee who is a Hibs fan who sometimes posts on here but cannot post on this topic for obvious reasons. All he said is that HMFC have been told by VR that they need to be self-financing from now on. So sorry chaps nothing to see here - well for the moment anyway.
Steady now, Tom Kite is what I thought as soon as this thread appeared and I got accused of being a Jambo. You have to go along with whatever appears on these threads apparently or you get labelled as a Yam.

Cropley10
13-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Steady now, Tom Kite is what I thought as soon as this thread appeared and I got accused of being a Jambo. You have to go along with whatever appears on these threads apparently or you get labelled as a Yam.

Oh it's not this thread or your comments on it, it's the rest of what you posted on our site. If anyone attempted your patter 'over the road' they'd have been emptied immediately.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-08-2012, 07:42 AM
it annoys me even more that there are now 6 threads on hearts ..........this is hibs.net

CropleyWasGod
13-08-2012, 08:55 AM

Genuine question. How does your friend, who works for HMRC, know what VR has said to HMFC?

Hibbyradge
13-08-2012, 08:57 AM

People get labelled a Yam when it's obvious that they are one.

Keith_M
13-08-2012, 09:22 AM
People get labelled a Yam when it's obvious that they are one.

And having the word 'Hobo' in their user name is a bit stupid as well. Whatever happened to Littlest Hobo? Did he get sussed (finally)?

Pedantic_Hibee
13-08-2012, 05:52 PM
To be fair I was briefly known as HoboCop on here. But then I f*****g hate Hearts and everyone knows it.

Hiber-nation
13-08-2012, 05:57 PM
To be fair I was briefly known as HoboCop on here. But then I f*****g hate Hearts and everyone knows it.

Don't believe you. You've got a picture of a well known celebrity with a hearts strip on at the foot of your posts so you must be a yam :greengrin

silverhibee
13-08-2012, 05:58 PM
And having the word 'Hobo' in their user name is a bit stupid as well. Whatever happened to Littlest Hobo? Did he get sussed (finally)?

Yep. Launched.

fat freddy
13-08-2012, 06:09 PM

im afraid your source isn't being completely truthful if he's telling you that there's no truth in this story...my source (who i'm not revealing for obvious reasons) tells me that hearts are overdue on their PAYE payments to the tune of £1 million...nothing new there but the difference is the time scale...they've usually coughed up by this stage in previous battles with the tax man and my source tells me that hearts are taking this act of brinkmanship further than any of their other battles....its now in the hands of the legal guys upstairs but it will probably be resolved once vlad recieves a few more threats from them..

Billy Whizz
13-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Sounds like the Liverpool match has arrived just in time for them!

PatHead
13-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Amazed they aren't moving the match to Murrayfield to increase income.

Aldo
13-08-2012, 06:22 PM
They still lose quite a bit of money as they are unable to use the front 4 rows of the stands. Uefa regulation or something like that??

HibbyAndy
13-08-2012, 06:32 PM

That's cause you are a yam.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Don't believe you. You've got a picture of a well known celebrity with a hearts strip on at the foot of your posts so you must be a yam :greengrin

Rumbled :(

Big_D
13-08-2012, 07:02 PM

And the Wallace money from Newco

Vini1875
13-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Just can't believe anything about the demise of hearts it has been going on for so long and while they may be bumbling along they do manage to keep going.

hibs0666
13-08-2012, 07:17 PM

Is that like a posthumous EBT payment?

Billy Whizz
13-08-2012, 07:18 PM

Only £300,000, rest of it due in July 2013

Kaiser1962
13-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Only £300,000, rest of it due in July 2012

*[cough} Its August 13th 2012 *

Kaiser1962
13-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Just can't believe anything about the demise of hearts it has been going on for so long and while they may be bumbling along they do manage to keep going.

As long as Vlad's company is able to keep subsidising them they will be fine.

I am not so sure what the other shareholders think of pumping £8m per season into the Yams though.

Kato
13-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Is that like a posthumous EBT payment?

That Wallace was a shareholder in, the now defunct, Rangers FC.

Billy Whizz
13-08-2012, 07:26 PM
*[cough} Its August 13th 2012 *

Wrong year, typo, should read 2013

Bostonhibby
13-08-2012, 07:27 PM

:confused: cannae be, Uncle Fester is on the BBC website saying that he's gonnae be allowed to spend that money on a striker :crazy:

Keith_M
13-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Don't tell me they're going bust....

......again.

How many times is that now? Even our very own Hearts obsessed poster's given up on it ever actually happening.

nonshinyfinish
13-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Rumbled :(

Admins, see if you don't empty this Yam prune pronto, I swear I'll do time. :grr:

Spike Mandela
13-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Don't tell me they're going bust....

......again.

How many times is that now? Even our very own Hearts obsessed poster's given up on it ever actually happening.

Hmmmmm, couldn't possibly happen to a big SPL club could it. That would just be silly.:cb

PatHead
13-08-2012, 07:40 PM
:confused: cannae be, Uncle Fester is on the BBC website saying that he's gonnae be allowed to spend that money on a striker :crazy:

Doesn't actually say that. He says "Getting the good European draw against Liverpool may help the finances". Don't think he has been promised anything.

sahib
13-08-2012, 08:07 PM
im afraid your source isn't being completely truthful if he's telling you that there's no truth in this story...my source (who i'm not revealing for obvious reasons) tells me that hearts are overdue on their PAYE payments to the tune of £1 million...nothing new there but the difference is the time scale...they've usually coughed up by this stage in previous battles with the tax man and my source tells me that hearts are taking this act of brinkmanship further than any of their other battles....its now in the hands of the legal guys upstairs but it will probably be resolved once vlad recieves a few more threats from them..

Do they not usually wait until there has been actions raised in the courts, has that stage passed this time?

Bostonhibby
13-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Doesn't actually say that. He says "Getting the good European draw against Liverpool may help the finances". Don't think he has been promised anything.

:greengrin wee play on words, but I think he has some expectation tbf - maybe a bit wet behind the ears in his dealings with the owner

McGlynn told Sportscene : "We are light in the striking department and could do with bringing one or two in. Getting the good European draw against Liverpool may help the finances."

PatHead
13-08-2012, 08:18 PM
:greengrin wee play on words, but I think he has some expectation tbf - maybe a bit wet behind the ears in his dealings with the owner

McGlynn told Sportscene : "We are light in the striking department and could do with bringing one or two in. Getting the good European draw against Liverpool may help the finances."

I interpreted as him begging through the media. Don't think Hearts will sign anyone of note. If St Johnstone can outbid them for Beattie they are looking further down the ladder than us.

Bostonhibby
13-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I interpreted as him begging through the media. Don't think Hearts will sign anyone of note. If St Johnstone can outbid them for Beattie they are looking further down the ladder than us.

:agree: