PDA

View Full Version : Templeton - should he have been sent off? (SFA offer two match ban)

theonlywayisup
12-08-2012, 06:44 PM
From my view in the FF, I though he should have been sent off, but wasn't even spoken too.

For those watching on telly, what do you think? Will the compliance officer take further action?

Monts
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes he should

Heedersnvolleys
12-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Yes he should
We agree on this.
:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Thought he kicked out at the time, not seen it on TV, but my reaction is still yes.....

HibbyAndy
12-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Should?? Should??? There is no should about it , The poofy faced silly haircutted twat should have been shown a straight red!! AND....AND.....Collum was STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO THE INCIDENT! Bottled it!!!!!!

Titch
12-08-2012, 06:49 PM
From my view in the FF, I though he should have been sent off, but wasn't even spoken too.

For those watching on telly, what do you think? Will the compliance officer take further action?

As I see it he has to if gollum says he seen it why hasn't he sent him off so he has to say he missed it

Which as I have said on another thread will be a lie As he CLEARLY sees it

Sprouleflyer
12-08-2012, 06:51 PM
No doubt about it, a straight red every day. It was also right in front of the ref, how he did not send him packing is beyond me.

Templeton was at it all day, constant moaning, getting in the refs face and falling down at any given chance.

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Vincent Lunny...come on down!

BTW, thought it was absolutely brilliant the way the Hibs players dealt with him in that incident. Just a couple of seasons ago we were letting that little rat dance around our defence and score. Today 4 players snapping and snarling around him. Great effort.

matty_f
12-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I would hate to see exactly what lengths a Yam has to go to to get sent off against us.

Big Frank
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I would hate to see exactly what lengths a Yam has to go to to get sent off against us.

Spot on again Matty.

Seems elbows in the face and kung fu kicks are in the rules and ok.

If your a **** fud.

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2012, 07:06 PM

How many of their fouls went unpunished before low and behold, Deegan is first to get his name taken....Templeton was at it all game, left his foot in on Williams which went un-noticed, then the kick at McPake.....Im not saying Deegan shouldn't have been booked, Im saying there is no consistency at all......

maturehibby
12-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Counted 8 fouls by him and by the law of the game persistant fouling is a caution and that usually occurs after 3 bad fouls and then the next time you do it again you are off - well he could have been off twice and still had a couple of bookings to spare and these fouls were not the one that he did to McPake - get the little RAT hauled up like MCGowan was last season when again the referee missed it (Calum Murray) who was in his glory being positioned next to the Hearts dug out - wonder he did not ask for autographs

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-08-2012, 07:14 PM
I saw it from the East, and we thought that it was only the colour of the card that would be the issue. The referee was consistently inconsistent. Although I like to see the game flow, he should have carded someone long before Deegan as that was just letting things boil up.

Argylehibby
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM

Asked the same question of a lippy yam fud earlier this evening who could only ask "what did he dae like?" Seems he could see that Deegan should have been sent off but somehow missed the kick by Templeton. I suspect if he puts his CV into the SFA he will be refereeing the next derby at Tynecastle.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM
I jumped up straight away screaming he has to walk, couldn't ****** believe it when the ref ignored the incident completely. So many niggling fouls from Hertz players I lost count and thought the next foul must be a booking and it was FOR DEEGAN FFS.

Heisenberg
12-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Should've seen red. Dirty wee bawbag. Although it could be argued Deegan was lucky to stay on, but that wasn't as clear cut. Templton booted someone in the side.

Sweet Left Peg
12-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Watched the match on a live stream. I was extremely surprised that he was not even spoken to. The fact that he was not booked means that they might have a look at it later on. Templeton was brought down as he ran towards the Hibs area. McPake went in hard and he didn't like it, then he kicked out and caught McPake with his studs. We've seen red cards for similar offences in derbies, then again, Black gets away with assault in the final. It was good to see some fight and determination this time, rather than letting the same player waltz right through the feeble defence again.

3pm
12-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Yes.

Smiggy 7-0
12-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Wee TWAT should defo been off . Thought for a moment CT was the ref.

Thought James McPake done well to get Sparky away from ****bos also.

BEEJ
12-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Vincent Lunny...come on down!

BTW, thought it was absolutely brilliant the way the Hibs players dealt with him in that incident. Just a couple of seasons ago we were letting that little rat dance around our defence and score. Today 4 players snapping and snarling around him. Great effort.
Well the rules as I understand them are that someone (or some people) have to raise the matter with Mr Lunny in order to bring it to his direct attention as an incident to be dealt with post-match.

So can I suggest that at least one person on here with access to the incriminating footage start drafting an email for our Vinnie?

:wink:

JHFC
12-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Can someone put up a video so we can all see it again?

3pm
12-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Deegan was lucky to stay on IMO!

staunchhibby
12-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Surely the SFA compliance team should take action over the disgraceful incident involving Templeton

JimBHibees
12-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Not interested in retrospective action FFS Collum it happened right in front of you. Get a backbone and give the decision. When you compare it to the joke reds we have had and the refs come out with but it is the rules and he had to go. One rule for one.

proud_and_green
12-08-2012, 07:57 PM
How many of their fouls went unpunished before low and behold, Deegan is first to get his name taken....Templeton was at it all game, left his foot in on Williams which went un-noticed, then the kick at McPake.....Im not saying Deegan shouldn't have been booked, Im saying there is no consistency at all......

Dead right. I had said to my daughter that we'll be the first to have a player booked. Didn't surprise me at all.

Tyler Durden
12-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Not interested in retrospective action FFS Collum it happened right in front of you. Get a backbone and give the decision. When you compare it to the joke reds we have had and the refs come out with but it is the rules and he had to go. One rule for one.

Agreed. The second derby at ER Iin a row that a Hearts player should clearly have been sent off and will hopefully get retrospective punishment (after McGowans headbutt on Sproule last season).

Retrospective action is fine but what a difference it would have made to play against ten men for an hour.

Bostonhibby
12-08-2012, 08:07 PM
I am biased being of the Hibs and Northern persuasion, where eveything is harder, men are men, blah blah blah, was watching it today with a few neutrals, 2 chelski fans and a gooner, and not one understood why the lashing out wasn't a sending off, it was compared to a Balotelli effort that to be honest I couldn't really remember but principle seemed to be the same...Scottish football, every year that passes we seem dafter and dafter...........red card as he lashed out......... still at least no one else will be sent off in Scotland for similar things this season:rolleyes:

Pete
12-08-2012, 09:17 PM
After seeing the incident I think the ref used common sense. Technically he should have walked but how many of the tackles on him were close to the mark. One was two footed and one was a lunge so perhaps another ref might have sent off the hearts player and one of ours too!

Good refereeing I think.

loanheadhibby
12-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Surely the SFA compliance team should take action over the disgraceful incident involving Templeton

Thats too late tho! The ref bottled it like he did with that baw bag McGowan against Ivan in a previous derby. The ref should deal with it on the day. Not much use to us if he gets a retrospective ban. How many decisions are going to go against us.

Think of what pa kujabi got 2 bookings for in that final! Neither anywhere as bad as that today.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2012, 09:25 PM
After seeing the incident I think the ref used common sense. Technically he should have walked but how many of the tackles on him were close to the mark. One was two footed and one was a lunge so perhaps another ref might have sent off the hearts player and one of ours too!

Good refereeing I think.

Surely if your point is valid though the referee should have least of spoken to him instead of ignoring the incident completely, or are you suggesting just pretending he didn't see it was good refereeing?

JimBHibees
12-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Thats too late tho! The ref bottled it like he did with that baw bag McGowan against Ivan in a previous derby. The ref should deal with it on the day. Not much use to us if he gets a retrospective ban. How many decisions are going to go against us.

Think of what pa kujabi got 2 bookings for in that final! Neither anywhere as bad as that today.

Spot on seriously getting sick of it. When exactly did we get a meaningful decision in a big game? Honestly, cant remember one. Yet we now have 2 or 3 red cards being missed or ignored. complete joke IMO.

jamieross
12-08-2012, 09:35 PM
After watching the highlights in Sportscene, its a defininte red card. Not according their muppet manager and billy dodds though :rolleyes: Refs only 5 feet away aswell. Bottled it.

Also according to Sportscene we have a player called Campbell, first i heard young Ross had changed his name. :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2012, 09:38 PM
According to Mcginn if we hadn't been tackling Simpleton it wouldn't have provoked him! Our fault.

Sir David Gray
12-08-2012, 09:39 PM
I thought I had seen him kicking out at the time and when nothing was done about it, I just assumed that I had imagined it.

It appears that I was correct in what I saw and he absolutely should have gone for that incident.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if we were talking about Leigh Griffiths being involved in the same incident today, he would have been running an early bath for himself.

Pete
12-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Surely if your point is valid though the referee should have least of spoken to him instead of ignoring the incident completely, or are you suggesting just pretending he didn't see it was good refereeing?

He didn't pretend not to see it though. He weighed up the situation afterwards and gave the "calm down" gesture to everyone. He probably saw a few red card incidents but rather than that a simple gesture was all that was required to ensure no further needle on the pitch or in the stands.

Bayern Bru
12-08-2012, 09:40 PM

FAO Mr V. Lunny.

Full size here (http://i47.tinypic.com/281xaig.png)

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Another honest mistake by the men in black. :confused:

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2012, 09:46 PM
He didn't pretend not to see it though. He weighed up the situation afterwards and gave the "calm down" gesture to everyone. He probably saw a few red card incidents but rather than that a simple gesture was all that was required to ensure no further needle on the pitch or in the stands.

Personally I'd rather he just applied the rules consistantly and then he wouldn't have to worry about needle on the pitch or in the stands!

Twiglet
12-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Just watched the BBC highlights and did look like he should have walked. The commentator was shocked nothing happened.

Did take me a minute to work out who he was talking about when he mentioned Campbell though, glad it wasn't just me Jamie. :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
12-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Got a good view from the West. The biggest stick on red card you will ever see. After booting McPake in the chest templeton put his head down and feigned injury. You could tell from his reaction he thought he was about to walk. Can only assume the ref never seen it but given he was a few yards away that's hard to believe.

Pete
12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Personally I'd rather he just applied the rules consistantly and then he wouldn't have to worry about needle on the pitch or in the stands!

If he had then two or three would have walked and there would have been mayhem....In my opinion.

Part of refereeing is down to human judgement of situations and I thought he did quite well.

If Thomson had seen that incident he would have sent off two of our players and given his wee buddy Temps a rub on the head and ruffled his hair.:greengrin

hfc rd
12-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Saw it on sportscene. Dirty f****** rat. Ref bottled it though. If that was a hibs player, no doubt it would have resulted in a red and a pretty much long ban.

steakbake
12-08-2012, 10:10 PM
To be fair to the ref, I don't think he could see it. Something should happen retrospectively.

leggeto
12-08-2012, 11:26 PM
No good decision kept the game flowing

Bayern Bru
12-08-2012, 11:33 PM
David Templeton may face SFA action over retaliatory kick at James McPake (http://t.co/hsY8KGs1) (Scotsman) (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/david-templeton-may-face-sfa-action-over-retaliatory-kick-at-james-mcpake-1-2464441)

matty_f
12-08-2012, 11:36 PM
It's a straight red every day of the week.

SteveHFC
13-08-2012, 12:48 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/david-templeton-may-face-sfa-action-over-retaliatory-kick-at-james-mcpake-1-2464441?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Sprouleflyer
13-08-2012, 05:50 AM
If he had then two or three would have walked and there would have been mayhem....In my opinion.

Part of refereeing is down to human judgement of situations and I thought he did quite well.

If Thomson had seen that incident he would have sent off two of our players and given his wee buddy Temps a rub on the head and ruffled his hair.:greengrin

What hibs player would have deserved a straight red after that incident?

Deegan was on a yellow, yet when he came in none of his feet were raised, all he did was block the ball, no other Hibs player deserved a straight red.

Hainan Hibs
13-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Couldn't believe he didn't walk for that, especially with the ref less than five yards away with a clear view of it.

soupy
13-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Should have been a certain red, actually I could have sworn Collum was telling the yam *****, " right calm doon a wee bit, that's your 10th foul, anymore and I might have to give you a good talking tae".

Well I was quite high up in the east likes.....

CmoantheHibs
13-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Clear red if the ref has seen it.Not really sure how people can think its not.Are they advocating allowing players to lash out every time they dont like a tackle:confused:

Aldo
13-08-2012, 07:43 AM
TBH I thought Gollum was very good today. The only thing he got wrong was this decision IMHO. Retrospective action required please Mr SFA man.

O Sallyukis should also be given a ban after his interaction with the FF (SFA man see LG last season when you banned him)

Crab apple
13-08-2012, 07:46 AM
100% red card. Disgraceful that he wasn't sent off. The only good thing is that we wound the little rat up all game and all the pre match hype about how he was going to destroy us didn't materialise.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Perhaps with no sevco and no old firm games, the Edinburgh derby is now being ref'd differently to any other game in Scotland now? :rolleyes:

soupy
13-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Perhaps with no sevco and no old firm games, the Edinburgh derby is now being ref'd differently to any other game in Scotland now? :rolleyes:

Aye will they now be saying the "its all in the white hot atmosphere of the Edinburgh derby"? :-)

Onion
13-08-2012, 08:35 AM

100% spot on. To miss one of those incidents is bad but to miss 2 just smacks of bias. You just *know* had that been a Hibs man he'd be off in a heartbeat.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Not sure that I get the arguement that ref made the right decision based on the way that the game was going. That would mean that if it gets escalated upwards, the panel would need to watch the whole game and then introduce opinion. That doesn't sit with when we see other sendings off for what we would call pointless reasons, and are told that the ref has had no choice because of the rules? This plays out better if the ref just says he got it wrong.

TheMentalHibees
13-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Regardless of the kickout at mcpake, he should've been sent off for being an ugly ****. They did a close up of his mingin puss and my wee sister started greeting.

PeterboroHibee
13-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Difficult for the ref to see through a crowd of players, but he should be punished. He did get crunched by the Hibs players but he won the free kick in a dangerous position, that should be good enough. To then go and kick a fellow professional in the side like that is unacceptable, and I would expect any player who does that to get some sort of a ban.

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I never saw it at the game, and thought my dad was exaggerating when he text me at half time saying he should of been sent off. Now i have seen it on the highlights it's shocking, the little rat should get a ban.

Hibercelona
13-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Is it really any surprise?

Her Majesty's Football Club get special privileges over us mere wee team.

BTW, they won't look at the incident again and it will be all forgotten about by this time next week.

Bookkeeper
13-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Difficult for the ref to see through a crowd of players, but he should be punished. He did get crunched by the Hibs players but he won the free kick in a dangerous position, that should be good enough. To then go and kick a fellow professional in the side like that is unacceptable, and I would expect any player who does that to get some sort of a ban.

Don't buy that! And even so, there's a linesman and a 4th official. Stuff like this happens so often, it's hard not to get paranoid about refereeing decisions.

connerg
13-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Regardless of the kickout at mcpake, he should've been sent off for being an ugly ****. They did a close up of his mingin puss and my wee sister started greeting.

Brilliant.:top marks:thumbsup:

rcarter1
13-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Agree Templeton should have been sent off (and booked for being ugly - ala Fulton). All in all however, the referee chose a very measured response to most things during the game. Craig Thomson in Cup Final Form would have sent off half the Hibs team. I think we were fortunate to an extent.:rolleyes:

PatHead
13-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Agree Templeton should have been sent off (and booked for being ugly - ala Fulton). All in all however, the referee chose a very measured response to most things during the game. Craig Thomson in Cup Final Form would have sent off half the Hibs team. I think we were fortunate to an extent.:rolleyes:

The referees only seem to take measured responses when Hearts players are in trouble, never Hibs players. Look at the last 3 matches.

New year-Hearts player lifts hands to Hibs players, no action, he then goes on to set up goal.

Cup Final-Ian Black assaults Hibs player, ref laughs then books Kujabi minutes later. Gives a penalty for a foul outside the box and sends player off. Doesn't apply common sense and leave 2 11 a side teams in the biggest game of the season.

Yesterday- lets off Templeton in first half when Hearts could have been left with 10 men for over an hour.

When does common sense dictate the rules and when doesn't it?

A picture has developed over a long period of time and your application of common sense is only ever applied when Hearts players should be punished.

Franck Stanton
13-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Templeton should have walked, no doubt about it. Violent behaviour is a red card offence. The ref was only feet away, MUST have seen it, if he didn't, he wasn't doing his job correctly, christ I was 50 yards away and I saw it. Templeton is a greetin-face wee [censored] and should have been put down at birth. Hope he is neutured so he cant produce any more like him.

Judas Iscariot
13-08-2012, 03:15 PM
The referees only seem to take measured responses when Hearts players are in trouble, never Hibs players. Look at the last 3 matches.

New year-Hearts player lifts hands to Hibs players, no action, he then goes on to set up goal.

Cup Final-Ian Black assaults Hibs player, ref laughs then books Kujabi minutes later. Gives a penalty for a foul outside the box and sends player off. Doesn't apply common sense and leave 2 11 a side teams in the biggest game of the season.

Yesterday- lets off Templeton in first half when Hearts could have been left with 10 men for over an hour.

A picture has developed over a long period of time and your application of common sense is only ever applied when Hearts players should be punished.

:agree:

JimBHibees
13-08-2012, 04:27 PM

Certainly seems to be a pattern and a very one sided one at that. I have no doubt at all that Sparky would have walked for the same thing and we would have got the but the ref was only following the rules unfortunately not in every case.

Kato
13-08-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm going to say it as no-one else has.

Hearts are the Scottish Establishment's 2nd favourite team.

They will always get the "benefit of the doubt" from refs against us.

weecounty hibby
13-08-2012, 07:03 PM
It should have been a booking for McPake and a red for Templeton. I said at the game to my mates though that Collum wouldn't book James as he would then have to send off Templeton for the retaliation. Bottled the only big decision he had to make in a game that wasn't really all that nasty for him to handle.

Deegans was a yellow any day of the week but it came after about 10 or 12 fouls by Hearts players, mostly Templeton, Sutton and whoever their pish left back was. Didn't think Collum had that bad a game otherwise and could have given Deegan a 2nd yellow with about 5 to play

Albion Hibs
13-08-2012, 07:14 PM
I have to say that i did not really notice it yesterday, but unlike the ref i was not 3m away. Just watched it just now on the highlights and decisions dont really come any easier than that do they!? Already complete inconsistancy from the ref's given the boy tade was sent off for a far lesser offence AGAINST hearts last week...but I guess "against" is the key word.

I am sure that this will be dealt with retrospectively, however, lets be honest that is no use, it only favours the teams that play hearts after us, and not the team the incident was committed against...regardless of the fact he was rank rotten yesterday.

Glad to see the standard of official has not improved any over the summer.

S.sct
13-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Yip he should have gone for that but to be fair Deegan was also lucky to stay on the park (maybe that's why).

JimBHibees
13-08-2012, 07:59 PM
I have to say that i did not really notice it yesterday, but unlike the ref i was not 3m away. Just watched it just now on the highlights and decisions dont really come any easier than that do they!? Already complete inconsistancy from the ref's given the boy tade was sent off for a far lesser offence AGAINST hearts last week...but I guess "against" is the key word.

I am sure that this will be dealt with retrospectively, however, lets be honest that is no use, it only favours the teams that play hearts after us, and not the team the incident was committed against...regardless of the fact he was rank rotten yesterday.

Glad to see the standard of official has not improved any over the summer.

Yep it was right in front of him and he chose to ignore it. Where is that whistleblower site where refs justify why they gave decisions, seems to have gone quiet. Completely unaccountable for incompetence so they are. Can someone please indicate when was the last time Hibs got a meaningful game changing decision?

JimBHibees
13-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Yip he should have gone for that but to be fair Deegan was also lucky to stay on the park (maybe that's why).

That was 5 mins to go though, big difference.

muirhousehibby
13-08-2012, 08:03 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/149272-did-david-templeton-kick-out-intentionally-at-james-mcpake-you-decide/

another look at it!:agree:

Albion Hibs
13-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Yep it was right in front of him and he chose to ignore it. Where is that whistleblower site where refs justify why they gave decisions, seems to have gone quiet. Completely unaccountable for incompetence so they are. Can someone please indicate when was the last time Hibs got a meaningful game changing decision?

Probably O'Connor's pen against St J at home...but lets be honest that went against us for him / us for the rest of the season. I am sure with that one there will be a right few we have had against us.

Perhaps the SPL are a bit worried about a Vlad rant given how much time they have spent in the media recently, and are looking for a bit of an easy life.

Not only should action be taken against templeton, but his equally as ugly ref uncle should be sent to the first division for a couple of weeks. I am sure that would stop their constant looking for an easy life.

Jonnyboy
13-08-2012, 08:22 PM
No good decision kept the game flowing

:faf:

Game had well and truly stopped

Saorsa
13-08-2012, 08:23 PM
No good decision kept the game flowing:hilarious

matty_f
13-08-2012, 11:05 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/149272-did-david-templeton-kick-out-intentionally-at-james-mcpake-you-decide/

another look at it!:agree:

Having watched it again it's a disgrace that he wasn't sent off for that. Ref bottled it big style.

Loved how many Hibees were there to plough into the wee b****** though. Mind the goal a few seasons back where he ran through and nobody went near him, nae danger of that happening again.

ahibby
14-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Tempeleton showed petulance right from the start. He kicked the ball away after the whistle went against him and kicked out hitting JM with his studs. Irrespective of how much attention he was getting, he retaliated with a deliberate kick at an opponent. Over the years I have seen Peter Cormack and Barry Ferguson (Kicked out at Kevin Thomson) sent off for that at ER, there must be other incidents that I can't remember.

Onion
14-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Tempeleton showed petulance right from the start. He kicked the ball away after the whistle went against him and kicked out hitting JM with his studs. Irrespective of how much attention he was getting, he retaliated with a deliberate kick at an opponent. Over the years I have seen Peter Cormack and Barry Ferguson (Kicked out at Kevin Thomson) sent off for that at ER, there must be other incidents that I can't remember.

Scotmans reporting that Templeton likely to face 1 match ban after 4th official reported him. Question I'm left with is, what happens to the referee who was literally 2 yards away staring right at the incident - didn't speak to Templeton, no yellow, no red. That was potentially a game changing decision that the ref must have CHOSEN to do nothing about - for whatever reason. Now one of Hibs competitors will reap the benefits when T s banned from playing against them. Where's the justice in that ??

Heisenberg
14-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Scotmans reporting that Templeton likely to face 1 match ban after 4th official reported him. Question I'm left with is, what happens to the referee who was literally 2 yards away staring right at the incident - didn't speak to Templeton, no yellow, no red. That was potentially a game changing decision that the ref must have CHOSEN to do nothing about - for whatever reason. Now one of Hibs competitors will reap the benefits when T s banned from playing against them. Where's the justice in that ??

Ref should definitely be dealt with too, how he missed such an easy decision right in front of him is beyond me.

bawheid
14-08-2012, 11:25 AM
In the last three derbies Hearts players have headbutted, elbowed in the face and kung-fu kicked Hibs players without punishment.

When will the club start standing up to the SFA on this? Our reserved softly-softly approach doesn't seem to be working, does it? We should be making it known in the run-up to derbies that this stuff goes on constantly and they get away with it.

When that cheating Hearts **** was appointed ref for the cup final we should have been making an almighty stink about it. Instead, we put in a quiet, non-publicised letter of complaint which was duly filed in the SFA bin. Rod Petrie is bloody vice-chairman - are we to believe he couldn't have stood up to what was an obviously ridiculous decision to put a former Hearts ST holder in charge of an Edinburgh derby cup final?

Pat Fenlon said when he arrived that the whole club needed to stand up for itself. The fans are doing it. The players look like they're starting to do it. How about the board do it too?

hulk
14-08-2012, 11:39 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19253463

Monts
14-08-2012, 11:48 AM

If the 4th Official saw it at the time then why did he not bring it to the Referees attention? :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2012, 11:50 AM

good stuff :agree:

Monts
14-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Almost certain to appeal it as it means at the moment he will miss the Liverpool game

jgl07
14-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Almost certain to appeal it as it means at the moment he will miss the Liverpool game

Would the ban only apply for SPL games and not include cup and European matches?

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Would the ban only apply for SPL games and not include cup and European matches?

i'm sure it's the next game/s(any competition) if violent conduct

but then again, maybe not :(

DaveF
14-08-2012, 11:58 AM
In the last three derbies Hearts players have headbutted, elbowed in the face and kung-fu kicked Hibs players without punishment.

When will the club start standing up to the SFA on this? Our reserved softly-softly approach doesn't seem to be working, does it? We should be making it known in the run-up to derbies that this stuff goes on constantly and they get away with it.

When that cheating Hearts **** was appointed ref for the cup final we should have been making an almighty stink about it. Instead, we put in a quiet, non-publicised letter of complaint which was duly filed in the SFA bin. Rod Petrie is bloody vice-chairman - are we to believe he couldn't have stood up to what was an obviously ridiculous decision to put a former Hearts ST holder in charge of an Edinburgh derby cup final?

Pat Fenlon said when he arrived that the whole club needed to stand up for itself. The fans are doing it. The players look like they're starting to do it. How about the board do it too?

Brilliant post. You can only conclude that Fenlon has hit a brick wall in that the board won't change their stance which is frustrating in the extreme.

Argylehibby
14-08-2012, 11:59 AM

The club did not put a quiet letter of complaint in. They arranged a meeting with the SFA stating why they wanted the meeting, which was in advance of the announcement being made. When they got there they were made to wait for an hour in which time the SFA announced who the ref was to be. Their reasoning for delaying the meeting being they did not want the meeting to influence the decision.

I would have preferred the club to come out at that point and say they were disappointed with the choice but for whatever reason chose not to. Once the match was played they could not say anything as it would be seen as sour grapes.

Part/Time Supporter
14-08-2012, 12:06 PM
The club did not put a quiet letter of complaint in. They arranged a meeting with the SFA stating why they wanted the meeting, which was in advance of the announcement being made. When they got there they were made to wait for an hour in which time the SFA announced who the ref was to be. Their reasoning for delaying the meeting being they did not want the meeting to influence the decision.

I would have preferred the club to come out at that point and say they were disappointed with the choice but for whatever reason chose not to. Once the match was played they could not say anything as it would be seen as sour grapes.

Andy, if what you are saying is correct, Hibs should have stated that they would not play the cup final with him as referee and make it clear what had happened. That would have given the SFA no choice.

PatHead
14-08-2012, 12:09 PM
good stuff :agree:

What is good about it? Him getting retrospective punishment doesn't help us at all. As other posters have said it could help our competitors and therefore work against us. This is happening too often and must be taken further. The referee should be demoted to the 3rd division for a few weeks to remind him to apply the rules.

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Andy, if what you are saying is correct, Hibs should have stated that they would not play the cup final with him as referee and make it clear what had happened. That would have given the SFA no choice.

The disciplinary meltdown would have been one helluva price to pay, no?

JimBHibees
14-08-2012, 12:11 PM

Only domestic games, not for European ties.

PatHead
14-08-2012, 12:11 PM
The disciplinary meltdown would have been one helluva price to pay, no?

Would have avoided us getting humped in that match though!:devil:

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2012, 12:13 PM
What is good about it? Him getting retrospective punishment doesn't help us at all. As other posters have said it could help our competitors and therefore work against us. This is happening too often and must be taken further. The referee should be demoted to the 3rd division for a few weeks to remind him to apply the rules.

ermmm because we can't turn the clock back can we :confused: what alternative would you like to see happen now ?

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Only domestic games, not for European ties.

muchos gracias :aok:

lord bunberry
14-08-2012, 12:19 PM
The little rat should be banned for the next two games against us. What benefit do we get from him missing the next two games if anything it could be worse for us

JimBHibees
14-08-2012, 12:20 PM

If that indeed happened then Hibs should have been publicly expressing their displeasure with the SFA and the appointment of the ref. Most other clubs IMO would have gone down this route. Of course they may have been scared that Thomson would have been even more biased though not sure that was possible to be fair.

The_Sauz
14-08-2012, 12:21 PM

He was not the only Yam to do that on Sunday :agree:

PS..did anybody else see McGlynn standing 2ft on the pitch during a Yam corner with 5/10 mins to go..........so much for the 4th official and tech area :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2012, 12:24 PM

Really?? Boycott playing the match because of the ref......

We lost that match because we were absolutely woeful.....Looking to apportion blame elsewhere is silly and futile IMO

marti1875
14-08-2012, 12:25 PM
If the 4th Official saw it at the time then why did he not bring it to the Referees attention? :confused:

This. :agree: Surely questions should be asked as to why he's waited until after the event to suddenly decide he saw something. Also just why Gollum could stand there, yards away, staring right at it and do absolutely nothing is another question that needs answered.... :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
14-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Really?? Boycott playing the match because of the ref......

Aye. They were going to tell the SFA that Thomson as referee would be unacceptable given his previous decisions against Hibs. Remember, his appointment was days after he had mysteriously booked the two Hibs players (Griffiths and Wotherspoon) who were a booking away from being suspended for the crucial match against Dunfermline.

Then the SFA turn round and say, no, we're appointing him anyway. That behaviour is totally unacceptable. They wouldn't dare try that kind of behaviour with Rantic, but Hibs put up with that crap so they go ahead.

We lost that match because we were absolutely woeful.....Looking to apportion blame elsewhere is silly and futile IMO

Irrelevant. There was a massive thread on here complaining about Thomson's appointment long before the final.

JimBHibees
14-08-2012, 12:31 PM
So in 3 of the last 4 derbies 3 Hearts players should have been sent off and none have been. All of which when the game has been level and 2 of which were in the first half. Massive change in all 3 if they walk. No wonder our derby record is so poor.

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Aye. They were going to tell the SFA that Thomson as referee would be unacceptable given his previous decisions against Hibs. Remember, his appointment was days after he had mysteriously booked the two Hibs players (Griffiths and Wotherspoon) who were a booking away from being suspended for the crucial match against Dunfermline.

Then the SFA turn round and say, no, we're appointing him anyway. That behaviour is totally unacceptable. They wouldn't dare try that kind of behaviour with Rantic, but Hibs put up with that crap so they go ahead.

Irrelevant. There was a massive thread on here complaining about Thomson's appointment long before the final.

How is it irrelevant, CT never lost us the match, we did.....

Irrespective of how bad CT is, I don't think ANY club should be dictacting who they dont want to officiate matches.....

PatHead
14-08-2012, 12:37 PM
ermmm because we can't turn the clock back can we :confused: what alternative would you like to see happen now ?

Still doesn't make it "good" though. Can't get excited about punishment after the event. If this option wasn't available refs might actually start making decisions in our matches, not only against us.

As an alternative I would like to see him pinned to the ground and 20 Hibs supporters allowed to take a running kick at his baws. (Well you asked)

jgl07
14-08-2012, 12:43 PM

But it isn't the next match anyway. They play Inverness on Saturday.

Saorsa
14-08-2012, 12:43 PM
How is it irrelevant, CT never lost us the match, we did.....

Irrespective of how bad CT is, I don't think ANY club should be dictacting who they dont want to officiate matches.....I do when that ref continually makes dishonest decisions against your team. Lets not talk about how bad a ref he his, bad refs make bad decisions for both teams in a game, no just the one.

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I do when that ref continually makes dishonest decisions against your team. Lets not talk about how bad a ref he his, bad refs make bad decisions for both teams in a game, no just the one.

We don't have any good refs, the best ref we have had, was the one from Malta......This CT is a cheat, hates us blah blah blah, is just paranoia, are we Cellic ??

Monts
14-08-2012, 12:49 PM
What with the Templeton incident, it got me thinking, shouldnt the punishment for an offence like this include a ban for the next game against the opposition being faced at the time.

It could be a case of a 2 match ban, with one being immediate and one being for the next corresponding fixture between the teams. Obviously it would not work in cup competitions as they would likely not be teams of the same league.

But it seems like the punishment should benefit the team who were on the receiving end of the offence.

GreenCastle
14-08-2012, 12:49 PM
That's 3 times against the yams recently they have got away with shocking decisions.

The game at ER when Ivan was headbutted by McGowan - should have been Red at the time but wasn't given - game played on 11v11.

Cup Final - was it Black who went through LG in the first half ? Nothing done - Hibs then go down to 10 men - no serious argument except penalty was outside the box.

ER this season - Templeton - should have been off - 2 game ban after - game carried on 11v11.

tomhorn
14-08-2012, 12:53 PM
What if the player is injured by the time of the next match against the same team? Or not in the manager's plans anymore, or the teams are seperated by the 6 team split?

CallumLaidlaw
14-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Templeton has accepted the ban and will miss next two SPL games

Saorsa
14-08-2012, 12:54 PM
We don't have any good refs, the best ref we have had, was the one from Malta......This CT is a cheat, hates us blah blah blah, is just paranoia, are we Cellic ??I never said we had any good refs, I said bad refs are bad for both teams. If you think it's just a coincidence that all his bad decisions have had an adverse Hibs in a game and no the other team you keep believing :aok: but when even the people running the club and no just the fans are ready tae complain about it then there's something in it.

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I never said we had any good refs, I said bad refs are bad for both teams. If you think it's just a coincidence that all his bad decisions have had an adverse Hibs in a game and no the other team you keep believing :aok: but when even the people running the club and no just the fans are ready tae complain about it then there's something in it.

I never said you did:confused:

And I will continue to believe that no ref goes out to cheat us, if thats OK.......

PatHead
14-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Still doesn't solve it as the next match would be 11 v 11 so no real punishment.

Saorsa
14-08-2012, 12:59 PM

And I will continue to believe that no ref goes out to cheat us, if thats OK.......good for you :aok:

Macaroon
14-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Still doesn't solve it as the next match would be 11 v 11 so no real punishment.

It is if the offender is one of the teams starting players. If Griffiths was suspended for us and we had to play Handling/Caldwell from the start then we would look on that as a disadvantage

Macaroon
14-08-2012, 01:05 PM
What if the player is injured by the time of the next match against the same team? Or not in the manager's plans anymore, or the teams are seperated by the 6 team split?

That could be the case for any suspension, regardless of circumstance. And if the next corresponding fixture between the two sides is the next season (due to the split or other reasons) then the ban would carry over. I quite like the idea but obviously there would need to be conditions to it.

Monts
14-08-2012, 01:06 PM

That risk comes in with any suspension

If the team arent certain to play each other again during the season it could be looked to carry over to the following season, or follow as it is now with just the 2 game ban being the next two games.

Its only an idea to make things a little fairer. Its never going to be perfect.

Septimus
14-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Perhaps Templeton should be allowed to play in the next derby and be sent off at the time that the offence took place.

Macaroon
14-08-2012, 01:19 PM
That risk comes in with any suspension

If the team arent certain to play each other again during the season it could be looked to carry over to the following season, or follow as it is now with just the 2 game ban being the next two games.

Its only an idea to make things a little fairer. Its never going to be perfect.

I totally agree I would feel far more satisfied if Templeton was suspended for the next league fixture and then the next league Derby. It does make it fairer IMO

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-08-2012, 02:07 PM
As much as refs give out about not getting respect from players and fans, this incident really sums things up. All of us will impose our natural bias when it comes to the 50/50's but not to even dish out a card for a stick on like this, is just not good enough.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-08-2012, 03:55 PM
I can remember going on about this as far back as the Balde incident @ ER.

Kato
14-08-2012, 03:56 PM

And I will continue to believe that no ref goes out to cheat us, if thats OK.......

It's your right to think it's paranoia and it's everyone else's to think that interpreting it as paranoia, while dredging up some Celtc based insult, is naive.

Craig Thomson, for whatever reason, hates us. Requesting that he no longer refs any of our games is far away from dictating who refs said games.

cocopops1875
14-08-2012, 04:06 PM
I really think this is the least of the problems with retrospective punishments, in this case a ban is fair however why has our manager spent 2 games in the stand for the same offence hearts captain got a yellow for on Sunday ? Why do players get a ban for diving if the ref doesn't see it ? Again a yellow card offence. It's mental and makes no sense to over punish people because the ref/linesman miss something during the game

Argylehibby
14-08-2012, 04:26 PM
If that indeed happened then Hibs should have been publicly expressing their displeasure with the SFA and the appointment of the ref. Most other clubs IMO would have gone down this route. Of course they may have been scared that Thomson would have been even more biased though not sure that was possible to be fair.

It was mentioned on the thread about Thomson refereeing the final and backed up what I had heard from a reliable source. Celtic style public hangings are not, or were not, hibs way of doing things. Perhaps the failure of our more professional route will see a change of heart at the top however. The way Hibs tried to deal with the potential appointment would have allowed the SFA to appoint someone else and nobody be any the wiser that Thomson was even in the frame. They chose to ignore that and then compounded their arrogance by appointing him for the first game this season.

I think that appointment shows what the response was to Hibs having questioned the cup final appointment quietly, what would it have been like if we complained publicly? Only 1 club get away with that.

Monts
14-08-2012, 06:15 PM
I really think this is the least of the problems with retrospective punishments, in this case a ban is fair however why has our manager spent 2 games in the stand for the same offence hearts captain got a yellow for on Sunday ? Why do players get a ban for diving if the ref doesn't see it ? Again a yellow card offence. It's mental and makes no sense to over punish people because the ref/linesman miss something during the game

I agree about the ban for Fenlon. It was ridiculous.

However I think the ban for a dive that hasnt been spotted is fair enough, as if it hasnt been spotted then its quite likely it has won a penalty, which is a game changing event.

J-C
14-08-2012, 06:27 PM
I would also like to see the referee getting punished, particularly if it can be proved he didn't deal with it properly during the match. the ref on sunday was literally 3 yards away at the time and didn't even deem it a foul, never mind a sending off, losing a player in a big game could be a game changer.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2012, 06:54 PM
We wouldn't need retrospective punishment if football was to actually come into the 21st century and allow for video evidence at the time of the incident.

It wouldn't have been difficult for someone at Hibs to have challenged that incident and ask for it to be reviewed. The decision goes "upstairs" and an official takes a look at the replay. The official sees Templeton kick out at McPake and advises the referee to show him a red card for violent conduct.

Then we're playing against 10 men for the last hour of the match and therefore have a far greater chance of winning the match than we did on Sunday when Templeton stayed on the pitch.

dchibs
14-08-2012, 07:44 PM
We don't have any good refs, the best ref we have had, was the one from Malta......This CT is a cheat, hates us blah blah blah, is just paranoia, are we Cellic ??

The ref v Dunfermeline was good, He should referee all HIBS GAMES.:greengrin

staunchhibby
14-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Bring back the referee from Malta.He showed how the game should be controlled.In fact was he there

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2012, 08:08 PM
It's your right to think it's paranoia and it's everyone else's to think that interpreting it as paranoia, while dredging up some Celtc based insult, is naive.

Craig Thomson, for whatever reason, hates us. Requesting that he no longer refs any of our games is far away from dictating who refs said games.

Really? Has this been proven? I find that naive too....Must be my night for being naive, being nearly 40, I should really learn

Kato
14-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Really? Has this been proven? I find that naive too....Must be my night for being naive, being nearly 40, I should really learn

Wait until you are 51 and still seeing the same old refereeing "performances" against us season after season.

I went through a "we're being paranoid" phase too - early 30's to mid-40's I think it was.:wink:

Sometimes the best evidence is your own eyes.

The Harp Awakes
14-08-2012, 08:23 PM
From the West Lower on the half way line (about maybe 30 yards from the incident) it was the most blatant and obvious red card you will ever see. The ref was standing over the incident and somehow didn't see it. The West stand linesman must also have had the same angled view as I had but would have been closer - again he somehow didn't see it.

Incompetence or conspiracy:dunno:

Jonnyboy
14-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Out of interest, if Collum had shown a straight red would that wee scrote not just miss one game instead of two? Also, if he'd booked him there would have been no further punishment?

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Out of interest, if Collum had shown a straight red would that wee scrote not just miss one game instead of two? Also, if he'd booked him there would have been no further punishment?

Think both points are correct. If a yellow is issued I believed that the Compliance Officer, could take no further action...

HibsMax
14-08-2012, 08:29 PM

Ref should definitely be dealt with too, how he missed such an easy decision right in front of him is beyond me.

Just watched the highlight of that incident again on SPL Official on YouTube and even though I can't slow it down it certainly look like the ref is looking right at McPake as he gets kicked. No idea how he missed that.

Jonnyboy
14-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Think both points are correct. If a yellow is issued I believed that the Compliance Officer, could take no further action...

So Willie Collum actually did us a favour by ignoring the assault then :greengrin

TrinityHibs
14-08-2012, 08:45 PM

Baldy Fella much as you are young and naive I have to agree with you CT did not lose us the final the players selected by PF did. If the eleven who turned up on Sunday had been there last May we would have been closer. Dont know if we would have won but it would have been a closer game. Back on track Templeton should have seen red but from where I was in the lower west it did look like three guys giving Templeton a kicking. Funnily enough I dont think he did anything after that.

Kato
14-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Baldy Fella much as you are young and naive I have to agree with you CT did not lose us the final the players selected by PF did.

Just to point out, I wasn't blaming CT for Hibs losing the final.

ronaldo7
14-08-2012, 08:58 PM
So Willie Collum actually did us a favour by ignoring the assault then :greengrin

Maybe if they'd gone down to 10 men, it might have changed the game:aok:

Collum needs to be taken to task by the supervisor in the stand.

Jonnyboy
14-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Maybe if they'd gone down to 10 men, it might have changed the game:aok:

Collum needs to be taken to task by the supervisor in the stand.

He does but it'll never happen. He'll be back in the middle of an SPL game this coming weekend R. I mean how did they punish CT for his Cup Final disgrace? They sent him to ref at the Euro's and with a wee note saying he was our best referee :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
14-08-2012, 09:06 PM
He does but it'll never happen. He'll be back in the middle of an SPL game this coming weekend R. I mean how did they punish CT for his Cup Final disgrace? They sent him to ref at the Euro's and with a wee note saying he was our best referee :wink:

Actually he's not, so maybe a wee punishment for the weekend -

Hearts v Inverness CT - Bobby Madden

Kilmarnock v Motherwell - Stephen Finnie

Ross County v Celtic - Craig Thomson
(Live on ESPN, 12.15pm)

St Johnstone v Aberdeen - John Beaton

St Mirren v Hibernian - Craig Charleston

Sunday August 19
Dundee United v Dundee - Calum Murray
(Live on Sky Sports, 12.45pm)

Jonnyboy
14-08-2012, 09:07 PM

(Live on ESPN, 12.15pm)

Sunday August 19

Well, I'll be ............ :greengrin

IWasThere2016
14-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Little runt should've walked. Collum bottled it as he clearly saw what happened.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2012, 09:15 PM

(Live on ESPN, 12.15pm)

Sunday August 19

It would appear that he's not refereeing at all this weekend.

Jonnyboy
14-08-2012, 09:18 PM
It would appear that he's not refereeing at all this weekend.

Not even an SFL game FH?

If that is so and it's because of the Templeton incident the SFA would gain a lot of credit for saying so IMO

Sir David Gray
14-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Not even an SFL game FH?

If that is so and it's because of the Templeton incident the SFA would gain a lot of credit for saying so IMO

Going by the list of appointments on the SFA's website for SFL matches this weekend, he's not in action anywhere.

The SFA's website doesn't mention who the fourth official is at SFL games so he may be at a game in that capacity but he's certainly not refereeing a professional match this weekend.

No idea if it's related to the Templeton incident or not, though. Knowing what the SFA's like, he more than likely hasn't been demoted and just has a prior engagement this weekend.

Jonnyboy
14-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Going by the list of appointments on the SFA's website for SFL matches this weekend, he's not in action anywhere.

The SFA's website doesn't mention who the fourth official is at SFL games so he may be at a game in that capacity but he's certainly not refereeing a professional match this weekend.

No idea if it's related to the Templeton incident or not, though. Knowing what the SFA's like, he more than likely hasn't been demoted and just has a prior engagement this weekend.

Cheers for checking FH :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Still doesn't make it "good" though. Can't get excited about punishment after the event. If this option wasn't available refs might actually start making decisions in our matches, not only against us.

As an alternative I would like to see him pinned to the ground and 20 Hibs supporters allowed to take a running kick at his baws. (Well you asked)

ok, picture this scenario(hypothetical of-course) hertz main striker has already got 20 goals for the season, hertz are playing against (insert team name) the week before an important derby game against us, he does exactly the same thing that templeton done on sunday, he's then offered a two-game ban, do you want him to get a retrospective ban that rules him out against us ? or, do you want him to miss the next game against the team that he committed the offence against the previous week ? seeing as you stated in an earlier post that this retrospective ban wont help us as it will be against other teams :dunno: i would certainly get excited about that punishment after the event :wink: we can't do anything about the fact the referee didn't take action right away...so therefore it IS good that he's gonna get punished afterwards as he would of got off scot free otherwise:agree: don't forget we always want certain danger players sent off for violent conduct for all teams if we have a game coming up against them, why ? because it helps US :)

your alternative punishment is acceptable though :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2012, 09:48 PM
But it isn't the next match anyway. They play Inverness on Saturday.

yes it IS the next match, he's accepted the ban

Hearts' David Templeton has accepted a two-match ban from the Scottish Football Association's compliance officer for violent conduct.

The winger is subsequently suspended for league matches against Inverness and Aberdeen

pedroorange1875
14-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Just watched the highlight of that incident again on SPL Official on YouTube and even though I can't slow it down it certainly look like the ref is looking right at McPake as he gets kicked. No idea how he missed that.

He didnt miss it he was less than a yard away looking directly at the incident, and he coudn't show a yellow card because it was never in a million years a yellow, this would have made him look even more incompetant. He bottled it(or cheated) and went for the "missed the incident" line, thus allowing action to be taken later and adding to the long line of recent (biased) disgraceful decisions which are becoming increasingly hard to defend as bad reffing, imo

Danderhall Hibs
15-08-2012, 09:40 AM

It's 3 matches for violent conduct isn't it? If he'd been booked they wouldn't have looked at it. At least that's what I think.

JimBHibees
15-08-2012, 10:27 AM
So Willie Collum actually did us a favour by ignoring the assault then

No not us but his next 2 opponents. :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-08-2012, 10:27 AM
It's 3 matches for violent conduct isn't it? If he'd been booked they wouldn't have looked at it. At least that's what I think.

I think that is in England.

Danderhall Hibs
15-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I think that is in England.

If it's less than 3 games for violent conduct that makes it worthwhile doing it!

Franck Stanton
15-08-2012, 10:37 AM

Yes he would have only missed one game, BUT they lot would have had to play the rest of the game v us with only 10 men - see the difference ? Hibs were the team offended against and now that helps the two teams they lot play without him - we get no benefit what-so-ever whereas if the ref had done his job correctly, we would have only been playing 10 men on Sunday.

HibsMax
15-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Baldy Fella much as you are young and naive I have to agree with you CT did not lose us the final the players selected by PF did. If the eleven who turned up on Sunday had been there last May we would have been closer. Dont know if we would have won but it would have been a closer game. Back on track Templeton should have seen red but from where I was in the lower west it did look like three guys giving Templeton a kicking. Funnily enough I dont think he did anything after that.

Not sure if I should be responding to this since it's old news but I will anyway. :)

5 minutes into the second half there could have been two very different scenarios :
(1) 1-2 down, both teams with 10 men.
(2) 1-3 down, Hibs down to 10 men.

There is a stark difference between the two and the only thing that made the difference was two bad decisions by CT.

Don't get me wrong, the team that showed up that day basically didn't show up but CT most definitely affected the outcome.

And Templeton should have walked too.

JimBHibees
15-08-2012, 01:59 PM
If it's less than 3 games for violent conduct that makes it worthwhile doing it!

I'm assuming it must be 2 games given that is what Templeton has got in this instance.

Russ
15-08-2012, 04:55 PM
He didnt miss it he was less than a yard away looking directly at the incident, and he coudn't show a yellow card because it was never in a million years a yellow, this would have made him look even more incompetant. He bottled it(or cheated) and went for the "missed the incident" line, thus allowing action to be taken later and adding to the long line of recent (biased) disgraceful decisions which are becoming increasingly hard to defend as bad reffing, imo

Agree totally, and a repetition of last season when McGowan head butted Sproule in the chest in front of the officials, outrageous refereeing, it should be the refs up before the beaks and given a ban.