PDA

View Full Version : Yams Yam polis

Pages : [1] 2

Www1875hfc
12-08-2012, 05:35 PM

How stupid can you get?
A man in his position shouldnt be acting like a fan when he is in uniform.

No wonder no one likes you when you see idiots like this on duty.

Get him pulled in and give him his good looks.

Hearts *******.......

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 05:38 PM

How stupid can you get?

Hearts *******.......
Grow a sense of humour FFS. They have the bragging rights...

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2012, 05:42 PM

How stupid can you get?

Hearts *******.......

Lol - what a Burk.

Badge number and name please officer.

I hope you enjoy helping children cross the street, cause that's all you ll be used for soon

HibbyAndy
12-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Who has the bragging rights?..The polis or hearts?

Anyway off topic. I ****ing hate hearts!.

:wink:

Amit
12-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Inciting the crowd?

http://img.tapatalk.com/5ceba1e9-f126-4161.jpg

McSwanky
12-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Oh dear. Silly billy.

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Inciting the crowd?

Depends what end thats taken from. Looks like it was from the Yams end which wouldnt really incite anything, theyd just do their usual chortle and think theyre the best thing since sliced bread. If its taken from the Hibs end, the guy is a bell end and shouldnt work at a football game again.

Hibs7
12-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Liverpool will hit double figures over the 2 games, the policeman was out of order and should be reprimanded. Clown !

HibbyAndy
Arent the polis ment to prevent trouble?..This is one ****ing ersehole i hope gets named and shamed. He could have caused a ****ing riot!..

NadeAteMyLunch!
Anyone seen the photo that's doing the rounds on Facebook etc of the policeman down the front of the away end? He's giving it the 5-1 signals with his two hands. The Mutants are lapping it up. He's dipped the visor of his hat over his eyes to try and hide his daft face. He's surely there to be impartial and not show fans that he's on their side. Maybe I'm being too touchy but it's annoyed me a bit. Can't post the pic from my phone sorry

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Inciting the crowd?

I'll say the same to you as I said to another poster on a different thread. Grow a sense of humour FFS. Give me a cop who has a sense of humour and a willingness to exchange some banter any day of the week.

McSwanky
12-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Depends what end thats taken from. Looks like it was from the Yams end which wouldnt really incite anything, theyd just do their usual chortle and think theyre the best thing since sliced bread. If its taken from the Hibs end, the guy is a bell end and shouldnt work at a football game again.

He's still an idiot though. Plod has to realise he's subject to public scrutiny. Reckon he'll get a right bollocking from his superior for being a right twat.

S.sct

How stupid can you get?

Hearts *******.......

At least he had a decent dash at ripping into us. The fannies at the other end failed miserably.

SouthMoroccoStu
Anyone seen the photo that's doing the rounds on Facebook etc of the policeman down the front of the away end? He's giving it the 5-1 signals with his two hands. The Mutants are lapping it up. He's dipped the visor of his hat over his eyes to try and hide his daft face. He's surely there to be impartial and not show fans that he's on their side. Maybe I'm being too touchy but it's annoyed me a bit. Can't post the pic from my phone sorry

It's on another thread, photo an all!

Muppet, hope he gets in trouble for it.

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 06:12 PM
He's still an idiot though. Plod has to realise he's subject to public scrutiny. Reckon he'll get a right bollocking from his superior for bring a right twat.

No arguments from me there :agree:

p.s i love how your username gets censored :greengrin

blaikie
Typical pig!

Makaveli

How stupid can you get?

Hearts *******.......

Edinburgh Establishment In Hearts Supporting Shocker!

oldbutdim

He's not the brightest if he thinks hiding his face saves him. His number is displayed on his shoulder.

:rolleyes:

No big deal.

Who would have thought a polis may also be a Jamtard?

Franck Stanton
12-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Fotties on another thread mate. From what I can make out - the stand behind him in the distance appears well populated like it was tha away/South stand. If so, he is making the gesture to the FF filled [ish] with Hibs fans. Irresponsible actions from someone who should know better. Hope his Inspector does the necessory. Yam fudd.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2012, 06:14 PM
:top marks to the L&B Police horse that charged into and ran over a Jambo! :faf:

S.sct
I'll say the same to you as I said to another poster on a different thread. Grow a sense of humour FFS. Give me a cop who has a sense of humour and a willingness to exchange some banter any day of the week.

Totally agree, but all the same hope his next *****'s a hedgehog......

SaulGoodman
It's at the Hearts end and wouldn't have caused any 'riots'. Grow up :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy

Hearts barsteward.

The cop, That is.

Greentinted
12-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Bottom line, those employed to oversee the security of the crowd are required (it's no an option) to remain impartial at all times during the shift. Guy should be sanctioned robustly.
There was a steward who indulged in a discrete 'fist pump' after a goal at a game recently who was sacked (was seen on youtube, third-eye sort of thing). Nothing to do with 'banter' or 'sense of humour' - nuetrality is a requisite of the task in hand. No really a difficult notion excepting, perhaps, for the hard-of-thinking.

You'd think these last few days when exam results were posted the copper pictured above could have at least attempted to borrow a Standard Grade from an intelligent human being...

givescotlandfreedom
Are we paying for this tosser?

Sudds_1
Fotties on another thread mate. From what I can make out - the stand behind him in the distance appears well populated like it was tha away/South stand. If so, he is making the gesture to the FF filled [ish] with Hibs fans. Irresponsible actions from someone who should know better. Hope his Inspector does the necessory. Yam fudd.

looks like the FF behind him........the corner fill in gives it away. He's in front of the Yams...........

........no big deal really.

burghhibs
12-08-2012, 06:19 PM
I also have a copy of the picture, think a few emails into Lothian & Borders and maybe Evening News asking if this is normal police behavior?
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s480x480/430364_10152031819395093_1018554371_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152031819395093&set=a.10150762141365093.733188.619525092&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf)

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Jambo supporting cop has a bit of banter with the jambo fans causing no harm to anyone and folk on here a crying about it............oh dear are we really that sad. As someone else said love to see cops involved in a bit of banter.

Sweet Left Peg
12-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Seriously people, let's take a minute to think about this. The photo was posted on another thread. It clearly shows that the Cop is standing in front of the Hearts fans. Why has a cropped version of the same photo been posted on another thread of its own? In this photo you cannot tell where he is standing, you just know it's a Cop at ER today. Maybe his Jambo pal took it for a laugh?? Who knows....

SaulGoodman
12-08-2012, 06:21 PM
The fact the opposite stand has no scoreboard should make it pretty obvious what stand it is :wink:

StevieT
12-08-2012, 06:22 PM

From the match today.

Hibs7
12-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Facing the west stand ... idiotic pig.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Are we paying for this tosser?

Lol good point!

Number is clear as day on his sleeve. CAUGHT

His Sarge' will want a word in the morning.

Yam or not, the guy is meant to be impartial and keep the peace by not inciting

EPIC FAIL.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2012, 06:27 PM

Eh? Facing the South and the Hertz fans.

Hibs7
Facing the west stand ... idiotic pig. Oops wrong facing the mutants in the south

Sean1875

No he's not. Well, to the first part :cb

Sudds_1
12-08-2012, 06:28 PM
I also have a copy of the picture, think a few emails into Lothian & Borders and maybe Evening News asking if this is normal police behavior?
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s480x480/430364_10152031819395093_1018554371_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152031819395093&set=a.10150762141365093.733188.619525092&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf)

My only issue would have been if he did te 5-1 bit in front of Hibs fans...............

....otherwise, lets lighten up. Yam cops do exist......despite the Scottish education system and care in the community.

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Lol good point!

Number is clear as day on his sleeve. CAUGHT

His Sarge' will want a word in the morning.

Yam or not, the guy is meant to be impartial and keep the peace by not inciting

EPIC FAIL.
Inciting? Stop being a drama queen. He was having a laugh with some Jambos and had it been the other way around you (and the other bedwetters on here) would have been lapping it up.

lucky
12-08-2012, 06:34 PM
FFS it was a laugh. He had done nowt wrong. I hate it when we as fans take the moral high ground

Thecat23
12-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Prob just me but I find this funny! Finally the police have some banter with fans. Plus he's facing that lot not us. Remember football is struggling just now so to bring a bit light hearted fun to it certainly isn't getting my back up.

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Normally I'd think "Aye, good one ye Hearts barsteward".

But considering they've already taken it to vandalising private property, it's more than a little irresponsible to try and get them going even more.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Prob just me but I find this funny! Finally the police have some banter with fans. Plus he's facing that lot not us. Remember football is struggling just now so to bring a bit light hearted fun to it certainly isn't getting my back up.

:agree: Can't believe the offence taken by many on here.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Inciting? Stop being a drama queen. He was having a laugh with some Jambos and had it been the other way around you (and the other bedwetters on here) would have been lapping it up.

Sorry but no.

It's not a player or famous fan here, it's a representative match official.

They are meant to be impartial

This officer is far from it

Just Alf

This 100%.... surely we've no all had a humour bypass?

and you could argue, if it gets the fans at his "bit" onside then it makes it easier to police 'em?

hibee_girl

:agree:

We'd have loved it if it was the other way round! Folk need to stop being so sensitive.

McIntosh
12-08-2012, 06:44 PM

Hold on this aplogy for a human being is supposed to be a policeman.

The fool is showing his division number - could someone please enlarge. I feel an angry and irate from Wimbledon letter coming on. Funnily enough it has now been removed from facebook.

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Sorry but no.

B******s. He is very probably a Hearts supporting cop in front of fellow Jambos. Good for him for interacting.

Scouse Hibee
Sorry but no.

The refs aren't so why should the cops bother?

Sweet Left Peg
There's nothing to see here, move along.......

Cabbage East
12-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Jambo supporting cop has a bit of banter with the jambo fans causing no harm to anyone and folk on here a crying about it............oh dear are we really that sad. As someone else said love to see cops involved in a bit of banter.

You playing devils advocate? Again? It's almost like you're not Hibs, hmm....

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2012, 06:47 PM
You playing devils advocate? Again? It's almost like you're not Hibs, hmm....

What the **** you on about spoutin more pish grow up. You want to see my ST or proof of the first ever one I bought in 92 or what?

SaulGoodman
12-08-2012, 06:48 PM

Aye, that's what we should do, let's all email the evening news so everyone can laugh at what a sensitive bunch of wee bairns we are.

The_Todd
12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I don't get the big fuss tbh

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2012, 06:55 PM
B******s. He is very probably a Hearts supporting cop in front of fellow Jambos. Good for him for interacting.

Interacting?

That boyd a dafty for getting caught with his pants down.

Despite the debate on this thread - he WILL be pulled up over this.

Moment of weakness but he should have known better

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm just surprised Thomson didn't give us the same wave at Tannadice last week, the cheating Hearts

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
A-plodding the away support?
But getting into a hissy fit about this after the best performance in ages, is truly criminal

Famous Fiver
12-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Having been on the end of some 'heavy handed policing' for over 50 years this disgrace to the uniform and the concept of fair policing should be emptied and quick.

Can someone with better IT skils than I have forward this to Mr McAskill, Justice Minister, and Chief Constable of L & B Police for their comments?

When I think of the times I have seen totally innocent football fans arrested for nothing this makes my blood boil.

Petrie, you have footed the bill for this clown, get it sorted!!

Thecat23
12-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Guys come on eh!! We're better than this. We all know we would be lapping it up if he was doing a score line in our favour. He's only human and facing his own fans.

No one noticed at the game so it's not caused any bit of trouble. Let's show that mob we can laugh at this and not act like a bunch of Victor Meldrews.

Sean1875
A-plodding the away support?
But getting into a hissy fit about this after the best performance in ages, is truly criminal

Please don't.

Cabbage East
What the **** you on about spoutin more pish grow up. You want to see my ST or proof of the first ever one I bought in 92 or what?

Nah. Any time anyone posts on here with a bit of passion about anything, pissed off wi the ref, angry about this bizzy prick, etc, you take the moral high ground and patronise them, telling them they're being a fanny. Sometimes when you're passionate about something you get wound up by perceived noise ups or injustices. You laugh at folk for that. It stinks.

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 07:00 PM
This guy is going to make the weegia pages tomorrow, I'd be a bit worried if I was him.

sadtom
12-08-2012, 07:01 PM
If he wants to rip the piss he can buy a ticket.
When WE are paying the wages he will behave like the uninterested, po faced, neutral cop he is supposed to be. Anything else should result in a disciplinary. Hope the gets his jotters.
Oh, as for 'banter', imagine how the polis would react to your average fitba fan if they were getting the taken about a subject that was a sore point to them???
Not exactly famed for their self depricating humour and exchanging banter when they are on the recieving end. ***** him and his mates.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Nah. Any time anyone posts on here with a bit of passion about anything, pissed off wi the ref, angry about this bizzy prick, etc, you take the moral high ground and patronise them, telling them they're being a fanny. Sometimes when you're passionate about something you get wound up by perceived noise ups or injustices. You laugh at folk for that. It stinks.

Oh I see, okay thanks for explaining that to me much appreciated, maybe I tend to look at things more objectively than most and don't let things like that wind me up. Horses for courses and all that, doesn't mean I'm less passionate about Hibs than you or anyone else just that I am not easily riled by things that I consider insignificant in the grand scale of things. Of course it also could be be that as I'm not born and bred Hibs that I tend to see things differently as opposed to what I would see if it involved Liverpool and the red mist descends if you know what I mean? Maybe it is lack of passion???

Barney McGrew
12-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Bottom line is that you have someone who is meant to be impartial doing anything but that.

He'll be carpeted by L&B tomorrow morning.

Hibs07p
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM
This 100%.... surely we've no all had a humour bypass?

and you could argue, if it gets the fans at his "bit" onside then it makes it easier to police 'em?

Or you could argue, if he's on his beat and decides to punish some Hibs player / supporter, for walking on a crack on the pavement, while ignoring a Jambo player / supporter for pishing in the street. There is no room for bias in any area of authority during an SPL match, or maybe a Scottish cup final. If they can blatantly show their bias, especially when they think they will not get caught, highlights how much importance they place in themselves, rather than what they represent! I'm sure he will be identified and brought to task.

hibees 7062
12-08-2012, 07:23 PM

How stupid can you get?

Hearts *******.......

Is that how many poor ****s hes framed ?

Carheenlea
12-08-2012, 07:37 PM
If he wants to rip the piss he can buy a ticket.

Oh, as for 'banter', imagine how the polis would react to your average fitba fan if they were getting the taken about a subject that was a sore point to them???
Not exactly famed for their self depricating humour and exchanging banter when they are on the recieving end. ***** him and his mates.

Cropley10
12-08-2012, 08:06 PM

Aye right! This is a Hibs board, pal.

.Sean.
12-08-2012, 08:32 PM
****ing pig.

Not all, but most certainly 'SomeCopsAreB*******'

Dinkydoo
12-08-2012, 08:33 PM
This really isn't something to be getting wound up about. We would be loving it if it was the other way around. Anyone consider that he was maybe asked what team he supported?

If it had been to the home crowd then that would be completely different.

Iggy Pope
12-08-2012, 08:34 PM
A c a b

McIntosh
12-08-2012, 08:38 PM
I am old enough to remember when the police asked the club not to play the Hibs song as they thought it was incendiary. James Grey to his credit told them to take a hike.

This 'officer''s divisional ID number is showing could someone with the skill please enlarge. We can easily name and shame this clown.

Sir David Gray
12-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Stupid guy.

He'll get himself into a bit of bother from his superiors if there was to be a complaint put in about this, which I'm sure there will be.

Totally unprofessional behaviour.

sahib
12-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Oh I see, okay thanks for explaining that to me much appreciated, maybe I tend to look at things more objectively than most and don't let things like that wind me up. Horses for courses and all that, doesn't mean I'm less passionate about Hibs than you or anyone else just that I am not easily riled by things that I consider insignificant in the grand scale of things. Of course it also could be be that as I'm not born and bred Hibs that I tend to see things differently as opposed to what I would see if it involved Liverpool and the red mist descends if you know what I mean? Maybe it is lack of passion???

Ignore the silly chap. He is obviously insecure in his rages.

steakbake
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Boo hoo, cop in the hearts end gets a bit carried away. Phone the IPCC. It sure puts shootings of unarmed suspects and dodgy trials all in perspective.

Dashing Bob S
12-08-2012, 10:02 PM

I suspect that if you tried to 'exchange' the banter back you might just see a different side of that copper.

givescotlandfreedom
12-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I suspect that if you tried to 'exchange' the banter back you might just see a different side of that copper.

Hmmm

hibbygraham
12-08-2012, 10:14 PM
What a precious bunch.

Pete
12-08-2012, 10:18 PM
He's in front of the hearts fans. No hibs fans saw this until it was shown on the internet.

There's an argument for that being an example of "good policing". An officer of the law interacting with and understanding the people he is dealing with.

Christ, need more "human" police like that, not robots who follow rule books to the letter.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2012, 10:20 PM
He's in front of the hearts fans. No hibs fans saw this until it was shown on the internet.

There's an argument for that being an example of "good policing". An officer of the law interacting with and understanding the people he is dealing with.

Christ, need more "human" police like that, not robots who follow rule books to the letter.

:agree: Spot on, modern Police at work to good effect. Even if someone does decide to complain the context this gesture was made in will be looked at and not just taken at face value, pat on the back for his good public relations will be about right IMO.

hibee_girl
12-08-2012, 10:21 PM

:top marks

bingo70
12-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Was pretty daft of the boy but I hope his bosses don't over react about it. Even if he is a jambo torag I wouldn't like him to lose his job over it.

Saying that, if we lost the day I'd be all for hanging the *******

R'Albin
12-08-2012, 10:28 PM
So the clown allows a guy to take a picture of him doing that? He deserves everything that's coming to him :agree:

Halifaxhibby
12-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Just shows every bizzie is a supporter like ourselves, worrying thing is that if you were on the wrong end of a bit of bother would he steam in for you?, years ago me my friend and a lassie were walking along london road after a huns game, in those days they let the hun buses park all along london road. We got to the last bus 200 yards from dofos the pet shop when some snaggletoothed buckfast swiller jumped off the bus squared up to us then spat in the girls face we were with, a scuffle intailed and my pal got the better of the hun, we legged it as hoardes of them piled off the bus, we ran up to the corner of london road where 2 of lothians finest were standing, we stood right in front of them and my friend was punched in the face right in front of them, they did nothing apart from telling us to beat it, my friend got a pen out to take the bizzies number and we were both arrested on the spot. No doubt this is the same type of thing that happens all the time when away fans travel to glasgow, seen it many a time.

Lesson is KEEP CLEAR OF THE BIZZIES ON MATCHDAY, WHEREVER YOU ARE!!

GGTTH
FTHMFC

bingo70
12-08-2012, 10:36 PM
So the clown allows a guy to take a picture of him doing that? He deserves everything that's coming to him :agree:

I don't think its right to want to see someone out a job for something so trivial, no harm was done really and for all we know he might be a good policeman, probably not his fault he's a hearts ****

dp00
12-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Think we need to get a sense of
Humour.... if this was the other away about we would be laughing our heads off ... They are Edinburgh police there is a high chance they support one of the Edinburg teams

Peevemor
12-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Humour.... if this was the other away about we would be laughing our heads off ... They are Edinburgh police there is a high chance they support one of the Edinburg teams

hfc rd
12-08-2012, 10:51 PM

True.

hibee_girl
12-08-2012, 10:52 PM

Amit
12-08-2012, 11:02 PM
If it's all a bit of banter and his bosses will see it in the right manner then why try to hide your face?

Pete
12-08-2012, 11:21 PM
If it's all a bit of banter and his bosses will see it in the right manner then why try to hide your face?

Probably because he knows there's a chance that some stuffy, rule-book orientated boss will tell him that he hasn't acted in the correct manner.:rolleyes:

To be honest I think the whole hiding of the face thing was symbolic as he knew he was going to get his number taken anyway...and he knew he wasn't really doing anything wrong in the eyes of the law.

Judas Iscariot
12-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Hope the piggy hertz **** gets the sack

See how funny he finds it then :aok:

leggeto
12-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Mharmless fun

Tranent Hibby
12-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Typical pig!

Not the brightest are ye ffs

edinburghhibee
12-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Shock horror a cop is a football supporter of a team from Edinburgh... Hang him!!! Some folk on here are pathetic!

heid the baw
13-08-2012, 12:30 AM
If this guy was called to an incident and one of the people involved was wearing Hibs colours, would it colour his vision?
Would he be more likely to arrest a guy in a Hibs top than a yams top?
If the hertz prick ever arrested me and I has my Hibs scarf on, I would be using that photo
in my defence no matter what nonsense I had been up to.

I think after this photo, that wee jambo welt needs to have this discussion with one or two of his superiors as to what is acceptable.

silverhibee
13-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Ooooooooooooooopssssssssssss

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4484364/Jamdoh-Its-hand-of-plod.html

The Green Goblin
13-08-2012, 02:00 AM
It doesn't really bother me, tbh, but.....he's a professional. He's meant to stay out of that kind of thing. He's meant to be above it. End of story.

JohnStephens91
13-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Ooooooooooooooopssssssssssss

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4484364/Jamdoh-Its-hand-of-plod.html

Good, I hope he is severely reprimanded.

Lucius Apuleius
13-08-2012, 05:10 AM
Maybe his boss is a Hibby?

Hibrandenburg
13-08-2012, 06:18 AM

This! If he'd had one finger more held up then we'd all be hailing him as a hero. Thought it was quite funny myself. Some of you really need to get a sense of humour transplant.

Steve-O
13-08-2012, 06:30 AM
I am growing to hate that gesture so this copper can GTF.

We need to beat them 5-1 soon so I don't have to keep seeing that pish!

Hibs7
13-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Special needs rather than special copper.

Hainan Hibs
13-08-2012, 06:42 AM
The thing is though a policeman who was of Hibee persuasion would have had the class and intelligence to do his job for 90 minutes without feeling the need to get involved in "the party".

It doesn't bother me that much as it just highlights the moronic nature of the yams.

Berwickhibby
13-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Well! I suppose I better hand in my notice tomorrow, for those who know me, know I am a dye in the wool Hibby, run a supporters Club, Season ticket holder etc...... oh and my day job is a Police Officer.

I always wear my Hibs watch and a lapel badge even on duty. On the occaisons I have policed Hibs matches the banter between me and my fellow Hibs supporters have been second to none.

Had we stuffed the Jambos on cup final day would I have been tempted to have a craic with fellow Hibbys even on duty...... Too Right

Would there have been a thread on here demanding that I be sacked

Barney McGrew
13-08-2012, 06:59 AM

Would you have been stupid enough to pose for a photo like that while on duty inside the ground at a derby at Tynecastle?

Pretty Boy
13-08-2012, 07:05 AM
It was a stupid thing to do as he must have known it would get out.

However I think the order of the day for the Police was to keep things light as there was a high(ish) risk of bother. It was a gesture made discreetly to the Hearts end, hardly likely to cause too much bother.

As i walked along Albion Road pre game a Polisman had a laugh with a wee laddie and his Dad and gave a 'cmon the Hibees'. Should I report him for such shocking unprofessionalism?

We seem to be getting awful touchy these days.

Cabbage East
13-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Special constable indeed.

EdinMike
13-08-2012, 07:18 AM
It doesn't bother or offend me in the slightest, however ! He should in his line of work be a bit more professional..

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-08-2012, 07:40 AM
If this guy was called to an incident and one of the people involved was wearing Hibs colours, would it colour his vision?
If the hertz prick ever arrested me and I has my Hibs scarf on, I would be using that photo

I think after this photo, that wee jambo welt needs to have this discussion with one or two of his superiors as to what is acceptable.

Crazy post imo

Hibernia Na Eir
13-08-2012, 08:05 AM
very careful not to show his head, but he didn't cover his lapel

killie-hibby
13-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Every picture tells a story, dependant on the viewers perception. My perceptions are a)whoever put the photo on facebook used photohop or similar to manipulate an extended index finger. b)somebody asked the constable when his shift finished. c)somebody asked him how many goals Hibs would score. Etc.etc.etc!
I hope valuable policing time is not wasted on investigating this trivial issue. Get a life folks,give the guy a break.

Cool_Hand_Luke
13-08-2012, 08:36 AM
This! If he'd had one finger more held up then we'd all be hailing him as a hero. Thought it was quite funny myself. Some of you really need to get a sense of humour transplant.

With him being a jamtard...he probably could have put up one more finger on each of his hands...

PeeJay
13-08-2012, 08:44 AM

How stupid can you get?

Hearts *******.......

Not very clever really, but still thought it was quite funny myself - if he had been a Hibs fan with 7-0 would that have been OK - too right!

dchibs
13-08-2012, 08:52 AM

Hope he is a Hibby and he puts a tazer up his :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Think about it eh!

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Well! I suppose I better hand in my notice tomorrow, for those who know me, know I am a dye in the wool Hibby, run a supporters Club, Season ticket holder etc...... oh and my day job is a Police Officer.

I always wear my Hibs watch and a lapel badge even on duty. On the occaisons I have policed Hibs matches the banter between me and my fellow Hibs supporters have been second to none.

Had we stuffed the Jambos on cup final day would I have been tempted to have a craic with fellow Hibbys even on duty...... Too Right

Only from precious folk!

marinello59
13-08-2012, 09:23 AM
He's a Special Constable then. Until recently they worked for free, now they get a derisory annual payment if they do a minimum number of hours. I know its fashionable to knock the polis every chance we get but screaming for disciplinary action to be taken over a bit of banter seems a bit OTT. Did he make the gesture at us or was he sharing a bit of a laugh with the people he was policing. (That would be good policing wouldn't it?)
Fitba is only a game, plenty of room for a wee bit of humour surely?

hibee
13-08-2012, 09:24 AM
The guys a special constable working most of his shifts for free, he's had a laugh at work like most of us do, if it had been the other way around he would have been a hero on here.

Phil MaGlass
13-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Jeeso lighten up FFS, he is facing the hertz end, its not as if he is enticing Hibs fans, we all know cops can be ***** when it suits them, isnt it a positive we have some that enjoy a laugh, I have seen cops jumping up and doon at some stadiums when their team scores, nae big deal, think of it if you´re a yam fan, he has done this facing their stand, breaks the gap between them and the cops and you see they are human after all. Folk really need tae lighten up.
As for the comment
"If this guy was called to an incident and one of the people involved was wearing Hibs colours, would it colour his vision"?

oh ****ing please, surely not.

s.a.m
13-08-2012, 10:39 AM
LBPolice ‏@LBP_Police LBP are aware of the photgraph apparently taken at Easter Road Stadium yesterday. The matter is currently being looked into.

Don't know if this is the picture they are referring to. Ill advised gesture, but it would be a shame if this lands him in hot water.

Albanian Hibs
13-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Hope he gets done for this :agree: Jambo ******* :agree:

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2012, 11:13 AM
I thought that he was making the gesture at Hibs fans. That would have been inciting bother, dangerous, stupid and unprofessional. But since it was these mutants, I don't really care. By god, they certainly needed something to spice up the 'party of the century'.

marinello59
13-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I thought that he was making the gesture at Hibs fans. That would have been inciting bother, dangerous, stupid and unprofessional. But since it was these mutants, I don't really care. By god, they certainly needed something to spice up the 'party of the century'.

I can only imagine that they are all in their beds at 00.15 am on Hogmanay after having a wild time sipping at a small medium dry sherry. Party animals. :agree:

Ross4356
13-08-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm not a fan of the polis is general but at the end of the day it was in the Hearts end and in my opinion no harm was done

Billychaotic182
13-08-2012, 12:16 PM
If it was the other way about we would be calling him a hero

Hibbyradge
13-08-2012, 12:49 PM
If it was the other way about we would be calling him a hero

Yes we would and the Yams would be calling for his head.

I can see the funny side, but encouraging one set of fans to goad the other is a pretty stupid thing for a policeman to do and that's one interpretation of what he did.

The fact that he tried to hide his face clearly shows that he knew what he was doing was dodgy and could possibly prove to be downfall.

Wembley67
13-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Only from precious folk!

You are a police officer on the street and wear a football badge? Really? Where are you stationed?

PeeKay
13-08-2012, 01:43 PM
The funniest thing is that he has been grassed up by the fellow Jambo who posted the picture on Facebook and acclaimed him as a hero. Otherwise no one would have been any the wiser.

heretoday
13-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I can't get too worked up about this guy. Zaliukas. Now that's another story!

DH1875
13-08-2012, 02:55 PM
If any of the guy's who complained to his bosses are reading this, shame on you :tsk tsk:.

Berwickhibby
13-08-2012, 03:45 PM
You are a police officer on the street and wear a football badge? Really? Where are you stationed?

Yes..... the clue is in my user name

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2012, 03:51 PM

I know a cop who was based in Berwick and used to play in a band, think you're too young to be him though if your age is correct!

Wembley67
13-08-2012, 03:54 PM

Seems rather a strange thing to be allowed to do, police that I know up here certainly wouldn't get away with that.

HibsMax
13-08-2012, 03:56 PM
It's all well and good telling posters to "grow up" and "get a sense of humour" but when the boot is on the other foot, do they have a sense of humour? Some of them do but on the whole I would say not. It's not about sense of humour, it's about consistency. If you start blurring the lines then you're just asking for trouble.

DaveF
13-08-2012, 04:00 PM
It's all well and good telling posters to "grow up" and "get a sense of humour" but when the boot is on the other foot, do they have a sense of humour? Some of them do but on the whole I would say not. It's not about sense of humour, it's about consistency. If you start blurring the lines then you're just asking for trouble.

This is it for me too.

Police at football games have for years treated ordinary punters like a hooligan. They behave in a heavy handed obtuse manner which is why so many people (me included) have a healthy disrespect for them.

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Seems rather a strange thing to be allowed to do, police that I know up here certainly wouldn't get away with that.

Wear something similarily discreet in my job, definitaly not allowed either :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2012, 04:02 PM
This is it for me too.

Police at football games have for years treated ordinary punters like a hooligan. They behave in a heavy handed obtuse manner which is why so many people (me included) have a healthy disrespect for them.

Yet those of us who work and liaise with them on a regular basis have a healthy respect for them and have had since I was taught as a child to respect the Police!

DaveF
13-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Yet those of us who work and liaise with them on a regular basis have a healthy respect for them and have had since I was taught as a child to respect the Police!

Good for you.

I also grew up with a respect for the Police but that has seriously waned over the years.

HibsMax
13-08-2012, 04:11 PM

I have respect for the police too, they have a very difficult job. Guess what though? Acting like an idiot does nothing to earn that respect.

Again, I am not personally offended by this, I just have an issue with the blurring of lines. I've been lifted on two occasions. Neither time did I actually do anything wrong, neither time did I give them any abuse or grief. Both times I was treated like a criminal. One of those times one cop was asking me questions while the other cop was telling me to shut up.

If they want respect then earn it.

marinello59
13-08-2012, 04:18 PM
This is it for me too.

I can't argue with that, I really have resented that in the past. Maybe I have mellowed over recent years though because I do think things started to change on the front a couple of years ago. Actually, I think it varies from match commander to match commander, the difference between policing at Ibrox and Parkhead is marked. I guess what i am saying (badly) is I won't dismiss attempts at banter from the polis just because I have had bad experiences in the past. And it was just banter.......we would never have known about it if it hadn't been for those pesky social networking sites. :greengrin

silverhibee
13-08-2012, 04:38 PM
I can't argue with that, I really have resented that in the past. Maybe I have mellowed over recent years though because I do think things started to change on the front a couple of years ago. Actually, I think it varies from match commander to match commander, the difference between policing at Ibrox and Parkhead is marked. I guess what i am saying (badly) is I won't dismiss attempts at banter from the polis just because I have had bad experiences in the past. And it was just banter.......we would never have known about it if it hadn't been for those pesky social networking sites. :greengrin

I would blame the stoooooooooooopid yam who took the photo and has now got the stooooooooooooopid yam plod in to bother.

A yam sticking in a yam. :faf:

marinello59
13-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I would blame the stoooooooooooopid yam who took the photo and has now got the stooooooooooooopid yam plod in to bother.

A yam sticking in a yam. :faf:

They do tend to take stupid to a whole new level. :greengrin

ekhibee
13-08-2012, 06:27 PM

Total nonsense. Regardless of whether Hibs fans saw it or not, while he's on duty he shouldn't be doing it. He's created a stick for his own back, because his judgement as regards impartiality in non-footballing matters could now be questioned. It was an idiotic thing to do, particularly at an away ground. Hibs get very little support from the local authorities, the council is overwhelmingly Hearts orientated, and so are the police. There's no 'good policing' going on here, just as there was no 'good policing' when Hearts fans refused to move from the top corner of the South Stand 3 or 4 seasons back and the police did absolutely didley squat. I'm amazed some people on here can defend the behaviour of people who are meant to remain neutral but clearly aren't.

Northernhibee
13-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Stewarding and policing football games is IMO best done in a sensitive manner. Dundee United are the worst culprits, seeing a steward barge past eight fans to tell two people to sit down when they only have a brick wall behind them is ridiculous.

I think Pittodrie works well. Back few rows they don't mind if you stand, but if you want to seat, sit nearer the front or middle.

In this instance, at worst it's a "Dinnae do that again" and it wouldn't have even been that, had it not been for 'them' vandalising private property before the game.

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Stewarding and policing football games is IMO best done in a sensitive manner. Dundee United are the worst culprits, seeing a steward barge past eight fans to tell two people to sit down when they only have a brick wall behind them is ridiculous.

I think Pittodrie works well. Back few rows they don't mind if you stand, but if you want to seat, sit nearer the front or middle.

In this instance, at worst it's a "Dinnae do that again" and it wouldn't have even been that, had it not been for 'them' vandalising private property before the game.

Missed this, what did they vandalise?

Northernhibee
13-08-2012, 06:36 PM
[/B]
Missed this, what did they vandalise?

Graffiti on our gates and a local advertising board.

DH1875
13-08-2012, 06:38 PM

Not in the away end they don't :confused:. Seen words being exchanged a few times with their stewards. Also remember the out cry when a load of motherwell fans got kicked out for standing last season.

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2012, 06:43 PM

Ok cheers, I guess the spelling was incorrect :greengrin

Northernhibee
13-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Not in the away end they don't :confused:. Seen words being exchanged a few times with their stewards. Also remember the out cry when a load of motherwell fans got kicked out for standing last season.

Never had an issue myself.

Either way, Tannadice is a terrible place to go as a fan.

Betty Boop
13-08-2012, 09:47 PM

I remember a few years back somebody broke into Tynecastle and gouged HIBS, on their pitch.

DarrenSQH
13-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I remember a few years back somebody broke into Tynecastle and gouged HIBS, on their pitch.

That was two Celtic fans on a work night out. Sure I read they got the sack.

Albion Hibs
13-08-2012, 10:26 PM
To be honest it was a completely stupid thing for the guy to do, but he was doing it infront of his own fans, it would have been different if it was in front of the hibs end. We constantly want police to be a little more human and I guess at time that means more like 'one of the lads', this was perhaps a bit fresh in the mind for that.

Would not like to think the guy was going to get the bullet for it, their huddy CH did it in front of the hibs fans and gets a yellow card, would not like to think of an ordinary working man losing his job. A slap on the wrist / every derby in amoungst our Section 43 for the balance of his career should just about cover the punishment.

edinburghhibee
14-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Total nonsense. Regardless of whether Hibs fans saw it or not, while he's on duty he shouldn't be doing it. He's created a stick for his own back, because his judgement as regards impartiality in non-footballing matters could now be questioned. It was an idiotic thing to do, particularly at an away ground. Hibs get very little support from the local authorities, the council is overwhelmingly Hearts orientated, and so are the police. There's no 'good policing' going on here, just as there was no 'good policing' when Hearts fans refused to move from the top corner of the South Stand 3 or 4 seasons back and the police did absolutely didley squat. I'm amazed some people on here can defend the behaviour of people who are meant to remain neutral but clearly aren't.

You talk *****! How are they overwhelminly hearts orientated?

Can't wait to read what drivel you've got to back that statement up.

and what exactly would you have had them do to the hearts fans a few seasons ago? Beat them with batons? pepper sprey them all kids and women included?

Hibernia&Alba
14-08-2012, 03:22 AM
I don't think there's much to be upset about. The officer is obviously a Jambo and was showing his support in front of their fans. I really don't see any harm done. Let's lighten up.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2012, 03:28 AM

that was the cup parade (in front of yams maybe not the brightest from Hibs)
What if the said polis was in there with his mates that day?

Just Alf
14-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Their boakback see this thread as proof positive we do indeed have a wee team mentality :banghead:

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Ach ... no bothered that he did this at their end ... even coppers support fitba teams ... I know a copper who is Hibs daft and hates the Yams, he probably would have done the same thing.

Lose his job over that ....... not for me.

Mind you .... he should have a word with his fellow Yam who posted the picture .. surely he must have known he was getting his fellow smelly into trouble .. typical stupid Yam.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Ach ... no bothered that he did this at their end ... even coppers support fitba teams ... I know a copper who is Hibs daft and hates the Yams, he probably would have done the same thing.

Lose his job over that ....... not for me.

Mind you .... he should have a word with his fellow Yam who posted the picture .. surely he must have known he was getting his fellow smelly into trouble .. typical stupid Yam.

But would your police friend have been stupid enough to get caught?

How long was the yam cop standing in this pose? Long enough for someone to take their phone out their pocket and snap the image.

Offensive or not, the judgement is very poor.

hibbiedon
14-08-2012, 07:25 AM
At the end of the day police officers are meant to be impartial, if he cannot control his emotions or actions when he is on duty then this is a cause for concern, if the only diference between the mutants and the forces of law and order is the uniform then that is a problem. if after the game there is an altercation between two rival fans and this officer cannot be neutral. I have been the victim of one such officer in the past and I can assure you it is not harmless fun as I lost my job over it

Saorsa
14-08-2012, 07:26 AM
cannae say it would have bothered me that much but now that he's be caught, I hope he gets done just because he's a h****s ****

Spike Mandela
14-08-2012, 11:54 AM
To be honest it was a completely stupid thing for the guy to do, but he was doing it infront of his own fans, it would have been different if it was in front of the hibs end. We constantly want police to be a little more human and I guess at time that means more like 'one of the lads', this was perhaps a bit fresh in the mind for that.

Would not like to think the guy was going to get the bullet for it, their huddy CH did it in front of the hibs fans and gets a yellow card, would not like to think of an ordinary working man losing his job. A slap on the wrist / every derby in amoungst our Section 43 for the balance of his career should just about cover the punishment.

Ask yourself this, what would this idiot do if he seen a Hearts supporter carrying out an act of criminality. Are you absolutely confident that if a Hearts supporter decided to put a bottle over your head that this particular policeman wouldn't have a sudden attack of blindness.

For too long now we as a club are expected to laugh at ourselves while others take the piss, the policeman, the ugly cow putting stuff under the foundations , the billboards, Craig ****ing Thomson.....need i go on?

Time to bite back. He's only a bloody jobsworth special constable. Hope he gets sacked.

Baader
14-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Their boakback see this thread as proof positive we do indeed have a wee team mentality :banghead:

Really, who cares what they think? The only idiots involved in this are the gesturing clown and the brainbox that broadcast his picture online for all to see :faf:

Broken Gnome
14-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Evening News report:

SWTS.news.image.e
Hearts fan policeman delivers ‘5-1’ cup final salute to fans at tense derby
The special constable makes the '5-1' gesture

The special constable makes the '5-1' gesture

Published on Monday 13 August 2012 12:00

A POLICEMAN could find himself in trouble after apparently giving a “5-1” salute 
at yesterday’s Hearts-Hibs derby.

The Pc – believed to be a special constable – was photographed making the hand gesture, a reminder of the scoreline when Hearts beat Hibs in the Scottish Cup final in May.

It is understood that at least one complaint has been made over the incident at the Easter Road match, which ended 1-1.

And there was speculation the PC could be hauled over the coals for his hand signal, even though it was reportedly made as he was facing the Hearts supporters.

One source was quoted saying: “It’s a joke, but the bosses won’t like it one bit – they do not have a sense of humour when it comes to this kind of thing.

“He’s lucky he didn’t do it at the other end or else he’d probably have been charged with a breach of the peace.

No, he's not lucky at all, he wouldn't have bloody done it. Jeez, it's not like he did it by accident looked up and thought 'thank Christ, I could've been in front of the East Stand for all I know, close one....'

Thecat23
14-08-2012, 12:27 PM
FFS get over it. If the folk on here have nothing else in their life than to moan about a cop having banter with his own fans then i'd like your life. God help any of you if you have to deal with a real issue!! Can we close this thread Admins it's getting embarrassing.

kevo1875
14-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Really, who cares what they think? The only idiots involved in this are the gesturing clown and the brainbox that broadcast his picture online for all to see :faf:
its just normal **** interaction between each other ...comparing the ages of their girlfriends :greengrin

The_Todd
14-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Are we still moaning about this?

Golden Bear
14-08-2012, 04:37 PM
FFS get over it. If the folk on here have nothing else in their life than to moan about a cop having banter with his own fans then i'd like your life. God help any of you if you have to deal with a real issue!! Can we close this thread Admins it's getting embarrassing.

I totally agree.

HibsMax
14-08-2012, 05:21 PM

How is it getting embarrassing? Very few posts are calling for any serious action. Most people seem to be debating the intelligence of the cop making the gestures. I think it was a stupid move but I don't want him fired, nor do I want anything bad to happen to him. It's just a stupid move to make when you are supposed to be impartial.

And what's with the "nothing else in their life" comment? I HATE when people make stupid comments like that. Because someone else find a topic interesting that you personally don't they have no life or need help with real issues. Could you perhaps be a little more condescending?

There have been FAR worse threads on here than this one. If you find it cringeworthy, STOP READING IT!

Phil D. Rolls
14-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I think folk should lighten up. It was a bit of fun, the derby is meant to be a laugh is it not? What marks us out from our compatriots in the West is that our match is about community. Sure they are Yam Fuds, but where would we be without them? God forbid we go down the road of crucifying people for supporting Hearts. They have suffered enough already.

monktonharp
14-08-2012, 11:54 PM
You talk *****! How are they overwhelminly hearts orientated?

Can't wait to read what drivel you've got to back that statement up.

and what exactly would you have had them do to the hearts fans a few seasons ago? Beat them with batons? pepper sprey them all kids and women included?you have a very short memory if you think there is definately no bias towards Hibernian from the majority on the council commitees. only last year, for example: council to build new stadium? for whae? a few years ago; butterfly corner/ and even further back, Hibernian must upgrade their stadium otherwise licence may be withdrawn, while the coucil actually paid HMFOFC for storage facilities at that ramshackle sheitehole , which has still to be threatened re-licence withdrawal. so dinnae try and suggest that ordinnary Hibs fans are jist a bit miffed because they've had the upper hand for so long. that Gorgie mob get much more than their share of luck v HFC and much more preference from the council and have done for a long long time.

monktonharp
14-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Ask yourself this, what would this idiot do if he seen a Hearts supporter carrying out an act of criminality. Are you absolutely confident that if a Hearts supporter decided to put a bottle over your head that this particular policeman wouldn't have a sudden attack of blindness.

For too long now we as a club are expected to laugh at ourselves while others take the piss, the policeman, the ugly cow putting stuff under the foundations , the billboards, Craig ****ing Thomson.....need i go on?

Time to bite back. He's only a bloody jobsworth special constable. Hope he gets sacked.:agree:spot on

Phil D. Rolls
16-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Yes we would and the Yams would be calling for his head.

I can see the funny side, but encouraging one set of fans to goad the other is a pretty stupid thing for a policeman to do and that's one interpretation of what he did.

The fact that he tried to hide his face clearly shows that he knew what he was doing was dodgy and could possibly prove to be downfall.

Jeez things have really slipped when it takes the polis to remind them why they are at the football. We'll have people holding up cards saying "Applause" when someone scores next. This is the unacceptable face of globalisation - TV controls everything now. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
16-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Hope he gets done for this :agree: Jambo ******* :agree:

That's a cracker! I thought it was going to be really boring till you put the swear word on the end! You been a fan of Burnistoun for long?

Thecat23
16-08-2012, 12:27 PM
How is it getting embarrassing? Very few posts are calling for any serious action. Most people seem to be debating the intelligence of the cop making the gestures. I think it was a stupid move but I don't want him fired, nor do I want anything bad to happen to him. It's just a stupid move to make when you are supposed to be impartial.

And what's with the "nothing else in their life" comment? I HATE when people make stupid comments like that. Because someone else find a topic interesting that you personally don't they have no life or need help with real issues. Could you perhaps be a little more condescending?

There have been FAR worse threads on here than this one. If you find it cringeworthy, STOP READING IT!

For one where did i say that? I said " I'd like their life" the over reaction of some posters i do find embarrassing. Where did i say i don't find it interesting. I find it funny actually that a guy is having a bit of a laugh with his fans. So what if he's a policeman. He's not doing it to us.

I'll read what I like thanks, but feel free to make up anything else you don't agree with!! :rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Has he been booted oot on his his erse yet?

Fud...

Hermit Crab
16-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Has he been booted oot on his his erse yet?

Fud...

Why should he be booted out?

Phil D. Rolls
16-08-2012, 01:37 PM

Bit unfair booting someone out of the polis for being a fud IMO. Where would it all end?

Kato
16-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Where would it all end?

Nae polis and whole set of newly unemployed fuds.

Phil D. Rolls
16-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Nae polis and whole set of newly unemployed fuds.

Will nobody think of our children?

Major public order issue there. Who is going to control this disenfranchised mob. They'll be free to go around making "5-1" gestures at will. Imagine who much more poisonous the atmosphere at Tynecastle would be then.

Do we really want this to happen. People should be careful what they wish for. It's much better that we know exactly where these reprobates are at all times.

--------
16-08-2012, 01:59 PM

Maybe his boss will proive to have more of a sense of humour than some on this website.

Can't help feeling we're getting to be so sensitive and precious about stuff like this we're just asking to be wound up.

If it weren't for the internet no one would have known anything about this - it would have been a private bit of kidding between a policeman and the fans he was there to police.

The bottom line as far as I can see is that we're still very very angry about losing the Cup Final in the way we did, and with the scoreline we did. I think we're fully entitled to be angry about the way Craig Thomson refereed the game, though I still think we would have lost it regardless of who was refereeing - Thomson, Judge Judy, or the Dalai Lama. (Just as long as he wasn't the DALRY Lama - then we'd have had NO chance. http://gprime.net/flash.php/llamasong/)

This wasn't the fault of the Jambos - they turned up - more than our team did; played better than our team did - I know we don't like to admit it, but it's true; and it was in the end of it, THEIR DAY. END OF.

If anyone was to blame it was the Hibs players and the people responsible for running the club. People who still may not have learned their lesson, I fear.

The more we react to the Jambos extracting the urine, the more they'll do it. I mean, WE still go on about 1973 (40 years ago on the is of January next year)? But reporting the guy? Formal complaints? Trying to get the guy disciplined or sacked? NAW!

So we take it like big boys should, keep a straight face and don't give them the satisfaction of a response, and sooner or later we WILL get our revenge.

Lucius Apuleius
16-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Maybe his boss will proive to have more of a sense of humour than some on this website.

Can't help feeling we're getting to be so sensitive and precious about stuff like this we're just asking to be wound up.

If it weren't for the internet no one would have known anything about this - it would have been a private bit of kidding between a policeman and the fans he was there to police.

The bottom line as far as I can see is that we're still very very angry about losing the Cup Final in the way we did, and with the scoreline we did. I think we're fully entitled to be angry about the way Craig Thomson refereed the game, though I still think we would have lost it regardless of who was refereeing - Thomson, Judge Judy, or the Dalai Lama. (Just as long as he wasn't the DALRY Lama - then we'd have had NO chance. http://gprime.net/flash.php/llamasong/)

This wasn't the fault of the Jambos - they turned up - more than our team did; played better than our team did - I know we don't like to admit it, but it's true; and it was in the end of it, THEIR DAY. END OF.

If anyone was to blame it was the Hibs players and the people responsible for running the club. People who still may not have learned their lesson, I fear.

The more we react to the Jambos extracting the urine, the more they'll do it. I mean, WE still go on about 1973 (40 years ago on the is of January next year)? But reporting the guy? Formal complaints? Trying to get the guy disciplined or sacked? NAW!

So we take it like big boys should, keep a straight face and don't give them the satisfaction of a response, and sooner or later we WILL get our revenge.

Cannae disagree, however if his boss is a Hibby I have no problem with him tasering his baws, in fact no problem with him tasering any jambo baws.:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-08-2012, 03:05 PM

The polis are supposed to be there to serve and protect....not make stupid erseholes of themselves by doing inflammatory crap like this

Northernhibee
16-08-2012, 03:09 PM
The polis are supposed to be there to serve and protect....not make stupid erseholes of themselves by doing inflammatory crap like this

It was to their fans and we wouldn't even have known about it if some Hertz fan didn't take a photo, it wasn't inflammatory.

Craigyno1
16-08-2012, 03:46 PM

Good post mate. A lot of guys on here don't think what it would be like if it been the other way round and a hibby policeman had done that in front of the FF (if we had just beaten them 5-1 in the cup of course! lol)

Just Alf
16-08-2012, 03:48 PM

You're right... Looks like too many are starting to believe and live the "wee team" mentality, had a pint wi my brother, a yam :-( ) last night and he ripped the pash out of me for this thread ( I think he's bloody registered the times he talks about dot net!!!)

The Harp
16-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Don’t think this topic merits 186 posts (oops, make that 187:wink:). IMHO, although a stupid and extremely unprofessional thing for this upholder of law and order to have done, I don’t think dismissal from his job is called for.
How about the powers that be getting him to donate his earnings from the game to the Dnipro appeal, or would that be too simplistic?

CropleyWasGod
16-08-2012, 04:07 PM

It has only been "inflammatory" on sites like this.

edinburghhibee
16-08-2012, 04:33 PM
you have a very short memory if you think there is definately no bias towards Hibernian from the majority on the council commitees. only last year, for example: council to build new stadium? for whae? a few years ago; butterfly corner/ and even further back, Hibernian must upgrade their stadium otherwise licence may be withdrawn, while the coucil actually paid HMFOFC for storage facilities at that ramshackle sheitehole , which has still to be threatened re-licence withdrawal. so dinnae try and suggest that ordinnary Hibs fans are jist a bit miffed because they've had the upper hand for so long. that Gorgie mob get much more than their share of luck v HFC and much more preference from the council and have done for a long long time.

Check the post again, I highlighted the statement regarding the polis being hearts orientated that's what I wanted him to explain. I don't disagree with your post I'm well aware of the councils bias towards that mob.

--------
16-08-2012, 04:34 PM

Mm-hmm. :agree:

And if he looks in on this site from time to time, he'll be more than gratified at the response from the Sensitive Ones.

Some Yam went fishing, and he caught a lotta BIG BIG FISH.

The_Todd
16-08-2012, 05:44 PM

In what is does doing a 5-1 gesture in front of Hearts fans incompatible with protecting and serving?

And people say "Aye, well this shows he'd let a Yam away with a crime" - what utter nonsense. What a way to blow things out of all proportion.

Phil D. Rolls
16-08-2012, 05:52 PM

I worry about the amount of bank robberies and other offences that are happening because our polis seem to think they are working for Chief Whiggam. Jeez, those people working in chip shops and bakeries are the only ones that can possibly feel safe in light of this.

It was behaviour like this that lead to Evans getting hanged and the Birmingham Six rotting in the dark recesses of our penal system. I'm only glad that at least one of them has been stupid enough to show their true colours in public. Kenny MacCaskill are you watching?

Hibs7
16-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Good post mate. A lot of guys on here don't think what it would be like if it been the other way round and a hibby policeman had done that in front of the FF (if we had just beaten them 5-1 in the cup of course! lol)

If we had beat them 5-1 and won our first game with them losing their first game 3-0, I am sure the away end on Sunday would have been empty and the yam fud policeman would have had nothing to wave his neanderthal inbred fingers at.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-08-2012, 07:27 PM
In what is does doing a 5-1 gesture in front of Hearts fans incompatible with protecting and serving?

And people say "Aye, well this shows he'd let a Yam away with a crime" - what utter nonsense. What a way to blow things out of all proportion.

Who's blowing thing's out of proportion? WTF? he's an officer of the law and could have incited a nasty incident which happily never happened and you think he should get off with it????

:confused:

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-08-2012, 07:28 PM

Don't talk wet! and stop sticking up for yam fannies like this! grow a pair FFS!

JIm
16-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Who's blowing thing's out of proportion? WTF? he's an officer of the law and could have incited a nasty incident which happily never happened and you think he should get off with it????

Hows he giong to incite an incident by doing this in front of the Hearts support? NONSENSE.

Hermit Crab
16-08-2012, 07:48 PM

Who did it inflame at the time? Did you see him doing it?

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Hows he giong to incite an incident by doing this in front of the Hearts support? NONSENSE.

He shouldn't be doing it AT ALL..

What bit is it you guys don't get???

Hermit Crab
16-08-2012, 08:54 PM

Did it effect you at the time when he done it?

The_Todd
16-08-2012, 10:10 PM

How could he have possibly incited anything?

The_Todd
16-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Don't talk wet! and stop sticking up for yam fannies like this! grow a pair FFS!

You accuse others of being wet and needing to grow a pair but at the same time you're getting overly upset and offended over essentially nothing. I don't get it.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2012, 10:14 PM

The bit about you getting so worked up over nothing!

Phil D. Rolls
16-08-2012, 10:26 PM

The bit where society is supposed to want a police force made up of automatons, or fascist thugs, who cannot relate to the people they are there to protect. I very much doubt if there is a bit in the police manual that says they are not allowed to relate to crowds on a human level.

You say he shouldn't be doing it at all, but many others are quite happy with it. If he has gone against the police rule book, fine. Otherwise this is just a petty way to get at our rivals.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Typical soft Hibs support...had it been the other way round they would have went nuts about it, they are pissing all over us all over the place and you guys on here think this is a non story :rolleyes: OK if you enjoy them walking all over us all the time then that's your sad life....cos it ain't mine!

Beefster
17-08-2012, 07:39 AM
I tried to stay away from this thread but **** it.....

There's an awful lot of angels on here. I take it the moral warriors on this thread going ballistic about a nonsense gesture from a policeman are the same folks who abuse a player for an hour and then get mega-offended when said players gives them the finger?

The fact that some of you call policemen "pigs" shows that you've no real justification for taking the moral high ground. I hadn't heard them called pigs since I was about 12.

"ooh, a big man made a gesture that I didn't see live and I'm totally outraged - far worse than anything else, infinitely more offensive, that i see/hear at the game every week. Even although it wasn't to the Hibs fans, can you only imagine if it had been (or even worse, imagine if he had shat on Fenlon's lap)? To make it worse, he's an authority figure. Let's get him out of his job and make his family suffer long-term"

truehibernian
17-08-2012, 07:47 AM
As dear old David Francey would say, '....deary deary me.......'

Is it not about time that this thread is closed down with the little footnote that most agree the cop was a wee bit silly, will get hot palms, and no one has been hurt or harmed. It was a wee bit ill advised banter at fitba amongst fans of the team he no doubt supports - who knows he may have had a mate in the crowd he was doing it to (and trying to be discreet but failing badly).

Lesson will nae doubt be learned by the young man and we move on.

Jeez I remember the days of trying to avoid the police and their waving truncheons, flung traffic cones and bottles, and police escorts all the way to Princes Street after games at Easter Road - and that was just law abiding fans trying to get home.

The police at games these days I've found to be friendly, chatty, happy to have banter, and many tell you the teams they support - it's called being engaging. You get good and bad polis, just as you get good and bad plumbers, bank managers, mechanics, etc etc.

If folk are getting their knickers in a twist about this still I would advise you open the front door, step out into the big wide world and open your eyes to the many many more important things in life going on in the world today. Jesus he's not even a proper policeman - he has another occupation and comes out to do it in his free time - give the lad a wee break eh :agree:

Devine
17-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Typical soft Hibs support...had it been the other way round they would have went nuts about it, they are pissing all over us all over the place and you guys on here think this is a non story :rolleyes: OK if you enjoy them walking all over us all the time then that's your sad life....cos it ain't mine!

Typical Hibs supporter happy to focus on ridiculous little issues like this rather than the big picture of the team on the park. In any case they have the upper hand and they have earned the right to rub it in at every juncture as they have just blasted us in our biggest ever game and are on a 12 game unbeaten run against us, thats not being soft its just facts and the only way to turn that round is for us to start beating them on the park.

The guy made a 5-1 gesture to the HEARTS support oh no whatever next!?

bigwheel
17-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Policeman is unfortunate enough to be a Hearts fan and has a bit of fun at the game....stop the world!!

Why don't we chill and focus on more important things such as - how bad is their midfield this year ! Haha

MSK
17-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Policeman is unfortunate enough to be a Hearts fan and has a bit of fun at the game....stop the world!!

Why don't we chill and focus on more important things such as - how bad is their midfield this year ! HahaThat should be punishment enough ..:agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Typical Hibs supporter happy to focus on ridiculous little issues like this rather than the big picture of the team on the park. In any case they have the upper hand and they have earned the right to rub it in at every juncture as they have just blasted us in our biggest ever game and are on a 12 game unbeaten run against us, thats not being soft its just facts and the only way to turn that round is for us to start beating them on the park.

The guy made a 5-1 gesture to the HEARTS support oh no whatever next!?

As I say, as long as guys like you are happy to accept this then that's fine with me, I hate these deluded f*****s and I will not stand by and let crap like this happen without comment so if your happy then good for you.

Time to start biting back at them.

Phil D. Rolls
17-08-2012, 08:43 AM
As I say, as long as guys like you are happy to accept this then that's fine with me, I hate these deluded f*****s and I will not stand by and let crap like this happen without comment so if your happy then good for you.

Yeah, kicking at the system man. First we take the polis then we take Berlin.

Just Alf
17-08-2012, 08:53 AM

and to stop giving 'em ammo to .... :hahaha::eek:

Steve-O
17-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Isn't the first time it's happened, check oot this radge winding us from the 2006 semi final!! :rolleyes:

Policeman getting it up the Hobos (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZbJVc8--_VQ/TKLlsfqzeCI/AAAAAAAAAVA/frwCbzs6jXM/s400/Pig+Police.gif)

Lucius Apuleius
17-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Isn't the first time it's happened, check oot this radge winding us from the 2006 semi final!! :rolleyes:

Policeman getting it up the Hobos (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZbJVc8--_VQ/TKLlsfqzeCI/AAAAAAAAAVA/frwCbzs6jXM/s400/Pig+Police.gif)

Definitely a yam polisman, four fingers.

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2012, 10:01 AM

I am not sticking up for him at all.

However, the charge was that what he did was "inflammatory". I fail to see how that is the case. Did it inflame anything on Sunday? Not at all.

Did it inflame anything on here? Oh yes.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2012, 10:05 AM

Yeah smash the system.

(By posting hysterically on an online forum).

Personally i intend to write a strongly worded letter to Heart of Midlothian about the nasty songs their supporters sang. I'm not rolling over and accepting that crap anymore.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Sorry I've irked so many of you on here with my opinion on this matter, but hey ho back you go to the match with your arms folded for the 90 minutes as usual...:aok:

Beefster
17-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Sorry I've irked so many of you on here with my opinion on this matter, but hey ho back you go to the match with your arms folded for the 90 minutes as usual...:aok:

Ah, not getting mega-outraged by a trivial matter means that you don't support the team as much as you moral crusaders. Gotcha.

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2012, 10:11 AM

You're not really sorry, are you....:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
17-08-2012, 10:14 AM
FFS sake, lighten up and get yir erses over to the McGlynn thread, its a hoot.

Hermit Crab
17-08-2012, 10:33 AM

See you at paisley then über?

Phil D. Rolls
17-08-2012, 10:37 AM

Your opinion hasn't irked me. It's just that I don't think there is much evidence to support iit. You'll be more likely to convince people if you were to show how the actions of the policeman were wrong, and that there are many people who are offended by this.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 10:42 AM
You are becoming more and more of a bellend with each post..........

That's your opinion... and you can shove it up your jacksie

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2012, 10:42 AM
That's your opinion... and you can shove it up your jacksie

How is he going to manage that with his arms folded? :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Your opinion hasn't irked me. It's just that I don't think there is much evidence to support iit. You'll be more likely to convince people if you were to show how the actions of the policeman were wrong, and that there are many people who are offended by this.

Anything to do with "them" gets up my nose, and that's been well rubbed this last few weeks so seeing this has just made it worse I suppose along with the Sky advert and McGlum's silly statements.

I still the the copper should be carpeted, that is all.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 10:45 AM
See you at paisley then über?

Yip!

:aok:

Phil D. Rolls
17-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Anything to do with "them" gets up my nose, and that's been well rubbed this last few weeks so seeing this has just made it worse I suppose along with the Sky advert and McGlum's silly statements.

I still the the copper should be carpeted, that is all.

It's only natural to feel antagonism towards anythng maroon. I mean where do you start?

Maybe a word in the ear would make sure he doesn't do it again. It will probably lead to the Polis being less inclined to come and go on the abuse the fans hand out to each other, or the players.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 10:50 AM
It's only natural to feel antagonism towards anythng maroon. I mean where do you start?

Maybe a word in the ear would make sure he doesn't do it again. It will probably lead to the Polis being less inclined to come and go on the abuse the fans hand out to each other, or the players.

Aye...well I'll let him off wi a boot up the erse then....:wink:

Hermit Crab
17-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Yip!

:aok:

Will you be the one with you're arms folded or the one looking at what signs the police are making instead of the game................?

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Will you be the one with you're arms folded or the one looking at what signs the police are making instead of the game................?

Ahh...another smart arse

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Invasion of the .net clique on here methinks

HibsMax
17-08-2012, 02:40 PM
I am not sticking up for him at all.

However, the charge was that what he did was "inflammatory". I fail to see how that is the case. Did it inflame anything on Sunday? Not at all.

Did it inflame anything on here? Oh yes.

If a tree falls in the middle of the forest and there is nobody there to hear it, does it make a noise?

What he did WAS inflammatory but he did it in a "safe" place. As you quite rightly said, it's only inflammatory on here but we were not his intended audience. If he did it to us then it would have been an issue. I'm not going back on what I originally said, I still think it was a stupid thing to do, but I am not offended nor do I think any action needs to be taken against him.

Mac
17-08-2012, 02:51 PM
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest and there is nobody there to hear it, does it make a noise?

What he did WAS inflammatory but he did it in a "safe" place. As you quite rightly said, it's only inflammatory on here but we were not his intended audience. If he did it to us then it would have been an issue. I'm not going back on what I originally said, I still think it was a stupid thing to do, but I am not offended nor do I think any action needs to be taken against him.

'safe place' I would agree should it have happened at Tynecastle, it was at Easter Road and therefor i would rule out the safe place line, he was also being paid by Hibernian to do a job, lastly he clearly isnt very bright considering it was also the end where the Police room is and may have been spotted by the gaffer.

Overall not exactly something im going to lose sleep over, however it has now been brought to the publics knoweldege by one of his own teams supporters and therefor the Police will almost have to be seen to take action, nobody to blame but himself and the numbnut who decided to stick him in it!!

Hermit Crab
17-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Ahh...another smart arse

Ahh another roaster, behave yerself with this trolling. See you at paisley ;)

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Ahh another roaster, behave yerself with this trolling. See you at paisley ;)

Aye will do..and if I see a polisman even waving to his mate with 5 fingers he's getting it!

17-08-2012, 06:37 PM
It was in front of the hearts fans so not like it was in front of the hibs fans which yes that would have been very stupid but just a bit of banter. Some people on here need to chill out, we would be pissing ourselves and would think it was brilliant if it had been the other way round.

RoYO!
17-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Worst. Thread. Ever...

Fantic
18-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Worst. Thread. Ever...

Agreed. If I ever have trouble sleeping, I'll know where to come.

MSK
18-08-2012, 08:04 AM
The PC has been suspended ..

Golden Bear
18-08-2012, 08:12 AM

Sentence him to a week's cleaning up duties at ER and everybody will be happy.

Not that his "offence" merited any action in the first place.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-08-2012, 08:15 AM

Excellent news! :greengrin

Yam fud

Chibs
18-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Is that for one game or two games.

Just_Jimmy
18-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Ridiculous. No doubt hes sitting at home on full pay worried over his job and his mrs and kids (if he has any) are worried as well.

Meanwhile hes still paid by the taxpayer and were short one more copper on the street.

He was daft but he was human. Ridiculous witch hunt by hibs fans that makes us look really petty.

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Ridiculous. No doubt hes sitting at home on full pay worried over his job and his mrs and kids (if he has any) are worried as well.

Meanwhile hes still paid by the taxpayer and were short one more copper on the street.

He was daft but he was human. Ridiculous witch hunt by hibs fans that makes us look really petty.

He's hardly sitting at home on full pay from the Police if he's a Special Constable not a regular as was reported earlier.

scuttle
18-08-2012, 10:53 AM

Agreed, for what IMO was bit of banter

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Agreed, for what IMO was bit of banter

Banter? against these cretins?....lol

Billychaotic182
18-08-2012, 11:27 AM
This is ridiculous some fans need to get off there high horse. This is the guys job. It was at the hearts fans. No harm done!!!

essexhibee
18-08-2012, 11:30 AM
With all the police cuts he won't be getting binned....lothian and borders get his policing powers for free which is invaluble in this climate of public sector cuts.

A word was all that was required not a suspension imo (bit harsh) though maybe they are trying to prove a point and make an example.

Just_Jimmy
18-08-2012, 12:31 PM
He's hardly sitting at home on full pay from the Police if he's a Special Constable not a regular as was reported earlier.

That makes it all better then? He does a job for free that most of us wouldnt or couldnt do.

Its petty pointscoring and makes us look bitter. The guy made a mistake, he should have had a roasting behind an office door and that should have been the end of it.

matty_f
18-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeah, kicking at the system man. First we take the polis then we take Berlin.
:thumbsup:Loving the reference.