PDA

View Full Version : Missile throwers in East

hibeelin
12-08-2012, 04:14 PM
To the t**ts who threw the missiles in the East, one a large bottle opener and the other a 20p piece which hit me on the back of the head and bloody hurt, ffs grow up!

The coin was thrown from section 44 and there wasnt a Hearts play near the stand at the time. I was lucky not to be badly hurt but there was loads of kids about and they would have been.

You do know its our club that will be penalised for this?

Oh and you throw like a 5 year old girl cause it was miles away from the pitch.

itchy07
12-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Maybe he/she was aiming at you?:confused:

Dashing Bob S
12-08-2012, 04:20 PM
To the t**ts who threw the missiles in the East, one a large bottle opener and the other a 20p piece which hit me on the back of the head and bloody hurt, ffs grow up!

The coin was thrown from section 44 and there wasnt a Hearts play near the stand at the time. I was lucky not to be badly hurt but there was loads of kids about and they would have been.

Why do people feel the need to throw coins? It's utterly obscene that a child (or adult) could be scarred or blinded for life, simply because of one drunken, self-indulgent and utterly futile gesture of stupidity by some gormless clown.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2012, 04:28 PM
it aint big, and it aint smart, silly ignorant fools :agree:

Gala Foxes
12-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Muppets - who are not welcome at Easter Road

Moulin Yarns
12-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Oh and you throw like a 5 year old girl cause it was miles away from the pitch. This is the reason, imho, why the crowd was as small as it was. I won't be back for a derby because of those idiots.

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 04:40 PM
This is the reason, imho, why the crowd was as small as it was. I won't be back for a derby because of those idiots.

I cant tell if your serious or not. Your genuinely saying you wont be back to a derby because a couple of people threw a 20p coin and a bottle opener...?

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2012, 04:43 PM
I cant tell if your serious or not. Your genuinely saying you wont be back to a derby because a couple of people threw a 20p coin and a bottle opener...?

If he is serious, it is understandable. The next time it could be him, or his kids, that gets a gashed head through no fault of theirs.

If he's not serious, then... yeah, think laterally, he could be 20p up on the day.

Beefster
12-08-2012, 04:53 PM

You do know the potential consequences of getting hit in the eye by a thrown coin, right?

Cabbage East
12-08-2012, 04:53 PM
This is the reason, imho, why the crowd was as small as it was. I won't be back for a derby because of those idiots.

:faf:

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 04:55 PM
If he is serious, it is understandable. The next time it could be him, or his kids, that gets a gashed head through no fault of theirs.

If he's not serious, then... yeah, think laterally, he could be 20p up on the day.

You do know the potential consequences of getting hit in the eye by a thrown coin, right?

I understand but the chances of actually being hit by a coin are incredibly slim. And to say your never going to a derby again because of it is just a complete over-reaction. If your that scared about being hit by a coin, get a seat at the back row :dunno:

steakbake
12-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah technically the chances are slim. However, you can't defend coin throwing.

vercol36
12-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Man up. I can't imagine what our grandfathers and other Hibees of yesteryear would say to such a precious sentiment.

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Im not attacking anyone. Did I say I actually thought throwing things was acceptable? Whoever did throw the objects is a complete idiot and shouldnt be in the stadium. But taking money and support away from the club, especially in a time like this, because some idiot MIGHT throw a coin is just over the top.

I would suggest that it's the coin throwers who are doing that. Not only are they deterring potential attendees, but the chances are that they themselves will be banned if they're caught.

God Petrie
12-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Someone behind me threw their cummerbund which led to me overseasoning my prawn sandwich.

Furious is an understatement.

Hibs7
12-08-2012, 05:06 PM
It doesn't matter what they throw if it can hurt or be dangerous, it shouldn't be done and the op is right in what he says ..... oh by the way it isn't funny, people who throw anything dangerous should be thrown out and banned for life. Idiots.

Geo_1875
12-08-2012, 05:12 PM

It would be potentially devastating. Imagine losing an eye when one of these overpaid prima donnas throws their loose change at the crowd. Of course you could be caught by the occasional ricochet from the firm bonce of the man in front of you. Mind it could be worse. We used to have to dodge golf balls with nails through them and darts lobbed with amazing accuracy.

Jack
12-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Man up. I can't imagine what our grandfathers and other Hibees of yesteryear would say to such a precious sentiment.

The folk next to the throwers would have stopped them or your granddad would have gone up and kicked his **** in.

In years gone by we kept [most of] our abuse and missiles for the opposition.

Derbies and OF games bring out the Hibs halfwits.

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2012, 05:16 PM

It's the violence of yesteryear that stopped my Dad, and many of his contemporaries, from going to derbies and OF games. I wasn't allowed near any of those games until I could afford to pay for it myself.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2012, 05:17 PM

our grandfathers of yesteryear were real men and would have given the cowardly coin thrower a sore ear/nose :)

jacomo
12-08-2012, 05:19 PM
I understand but the chances of actually being hit by a coin are incredibly slim. And to say your never going to a derby again because of it is just a complete over-reaction. If your that scared about being hit by a coin, get a seat at the back row :dunno:

Er, or maybe the ******ing cowards throwing the coins should just stop?

No excuses, it's ****my behaviour.

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-08-2012, 05:20 PM

*sigh*

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-08-2012, 05:21 PM

My grandfather showed much more class than these idiots. How dare you bring him into this.

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Just to clarify, I am not defending the coin throwers as some people seem to think I am doing. I am just saying that our club just now needs us more than ever, and we really cant afford to have people taking away their money and support because of the chance of a couple of idiots throwing objects. Dont get me wrong, the people doing it shouldnt be anywhere near ER, or any other football ground for that matter.

Yuillsy
12-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Why delete my message. I was about to reply to Sean 1875. I never called him a dickhead. I said if you're supporting coin throwing you're as big a dickhead as the people throwing coins. A quick read back and he says if the op wants to avoid coin throwing he should sit in the back row. IMO that's supporting the thrower!!!

Moulin Yarns
12-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Ok. For clarification, the atmosphere at the first derby 2 seasons ago where stuff was thrown at Skacel was pure evil. At that time I came on here and publicly said that was the last derby I would be at. I was at Hampden in May, but I go to football for entertainment not tribalism. There is no need for the hatred shown. Yes I dislike Hearts but the vile atmosphere on show is not what sport is about. I am not on about the missiles, it is grown adults running from the back of the stands to hurl abuse at players, both opposition and our own.
That, I'm sorry to say, will keep plenty of folk from attending the 'big' games.
So, to those that thought I was joking, put yourself in the OP shoes for a minute, imagine you have kids with you, and tell me you wouldn't be scared for your/their safety.

Rant over, I've got dinner to cook.

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Why delete my message. I was about to reply to Sean 1875. I never called him a dickhead. I said if you're supporting coin throwing you're as big a dickhead as the people throwing coins. A quick read back and he says if the op wants to avoid coin throwing he should sit in the back row. IMO that's supporting the thrower!!!
So your not calling me a dickhead, but you think that anyone who supports the coin thrower is a dickhead, and you think that what I said suggests i was supporting the coin thrower... But your not calling me a dickhead? :wtf:
Just drop it now. Ive made my point about how people have misunderstood what ive said.

steakbake
12-08-2012, 05:36 PM
our grandfathers of yesteryear were real men and would have given the cowardly coin thrower a sore ear/nose :)

...or thrown it properly to make sure it found the target. Either way, things just aren't what they used to be and we are all the more reduced for it.

Broken Gnome
12-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Is the support not down because no one's appeased those that were demanding the net in front of the Famous Five so stray shots during the warm up wouldn't hit people in the face?

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Anyone throwing a missile in direction of pitch, from the safety haven of 30plus rows, is a coward IMO

Hibrandenburg
12-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Never understood the motivation for throwing missiles at unarmed targets. IMO it's a complete act of cowardice. If you hate someone so much that you'd like to inflict injury on them then man up and go toe to toe.

Hibrandenburg
12-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Never understood the motivation for throwing missiles at unarmed targets. IMO it's a complete act of cowardice. If you hate someone so much that you'd like to inflict injury on them then man up and go toe to toe.

DH1875
12-08-2012, 07:52 PM
I was at Hampden in May, but I go to football for entertainment not tribalism. There is no need for the hatred shown. Yes I dislike Hearts but the vile atmosphere on show is not what sport is about. I am not on about the missiles, it is grown adults running from the back of the stands to hurl abuse at players, both opposition and our own.

Rant over, I've got dinner to cook.

Football IS tribalism. If it wasn't, football would be dead.

What I don't get is everyone banging on about the 20p and no the bottle opener. I'm no expert but would have thought that would do a lot more damage than a 20p. And NO, the 20p shouldn't be thrown either.

leggeto
12-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Waste of a 20p coin :na na:

DAVE1875
12-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Football IS tribalism. If it wasn't, football would be dead.

What I don't get is everyone banging on about the 20p and no the bottle opener. I'm no expert but would have thought that would do a lot more damage than a 20p. And NO, the 20p shouldn't be thrown either.

Depends what the bottle opener was made of, a metal one would definitely hurt whilst a plastic one would just leave you with a sore heed and a few choice curse words.

RIP
13-08-2012, 08:56 AM
The only plus point of me missing every Sunday game from now on was missing the 'One-Game-A-Season' Derby phenomenon yesterday

This is where a small minority give up their normal weekend pleasures of getting drugged up and jaked up and come to Easter Road looking for a pagger. They fill up the empty walkup seats beside us in section 43 and 44, slobber spittle on the unfortunates in front, start all the paedo and mercer songs and spend the whole game gesticulating to their Yak cousins in the South for a square go

They think they're hard but they're no.

They are just sad and pathetic

Saorsa
13-08-2012, 09:02 AM
The only plus point of me missing every Sunday game from now on was missing the 'One-Game-A-Season' Derby phenomenon yesterday

This is where a small minority give up their normal weekend pleasures of getting drugged up and jaked up and come to Easter Road looking for a pagger. They fill up the empty walkup seats beside us in section 43 and 44, slobber spittle on the unfortunates in front, start all the paedo and mercer songs and spend the whole game gesticulating to their Yak cousins in the South for a square go

They are just sad and patheticDeary me, are you still denying those songs come from that area, get over yersel and yer wee group. You might no sing them but others do. I sit in that area and those songs were coming from directly behind me from the same people who are there every week.

And for the record I couldnae give a toss what they sing. I dinnae come in tae the easily offended get yer knickers in a knot over a silly song category.

Hibbyradge
13-08-2012, 09:03 AM
I understand but the chances of actually being hit by a coin are incredibly slim.

Where did this understanding come from?

Research?

3pm
13-08-2012, 09:12 AM

Research?

Throwing it and not having the coin 'returned' to you.

You can only assume you've missed everyone in front of you. It's top analysis.

Hibbyradge
13-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Throwing it and not having the coin 'returned' to you.

You can only assume you've missed everyone in front of you. It's top analysis.

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 09:15 AM

get over yourself, I was nearsection 43 yesterday and nearly everybody was singing those songs in that section. I'm not saying it is wrong, but don't make them out to be choir boys when it was them who were starting these songs.

Aldo
13-08-2012, 09:19 AM

If there is any chance, even a slim one, of being hit then that's too much IMHO. I dont go to ER to watch my back cos some clown cannot behave in the correct manner. Yes tempers and patience wears thin but that is no way an excuse to throw items towards the pitch. Regarding your comment bout getting a seat at the back that's wrong IMHO.

Don't want that sort of fan at the game and if caught should be banned for life. They show utter disregard for the consequences off throwing stuff and the injuries they cause.

hibsfan
13-08-2012, 09:24 AM

As i have said many times before - section 44 and the '12th man' - more trouble than they're worth - shut up an let us watch the game - they get on my tits.

I am bound to get pelters - but couldn't care less!

SouthamptonHibs
13-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Agreed its wrong and stupid to chuck stuff on pitch! no idea why people do this..it adds no value

Saorsa
13-08-2012, 09:28 AM
As i have said many times before - section 44 and the '12th man' - more trouble than they're worth - shut up an let us watch the game - they get on my tits.

You do know its our club that will be penalised for this?You should probably get your facts right before posting, the coin was thrown in section 44, the singers are in 43. People who throw coins are half wits but WTF have you got against people singing and creating an atmosphere and getting behind the team, that's what fitba fans dae. At 28 have you no realised that? Maybe you should try the west upper and go and rustle yer sweetie papers there.

SouthamptonHibs
13-08-2012, 09:29 AM

im not a member / part off 12th man but can't agree wi your statement . They are trying there best to support team i think they deserve some respect for what they do imo

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Oh aye blame Sect43 AGAIN. No point in even posting as nobody will believe it, but the paedo song was actually started by folk behind us.

CropleyWasGod
13-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Oh aye blame Sect43 AGAIN. No point in even posting as nobody will believe it, but the paedo song was actually started by folk behind us.

Wrong thread :wink:

marinello59
13-08-2012, 09:35 AM

A halfwit threw a coin. It could have happened anywhere in the ground.
The display yesterday was a decent show of defiance to them. Did you hear the Yams sing in the second half? Their party was already over. Our guys were giving it gusto though. I'll put my hands up, i am not convinced by artificial attempts to kickstart some sort of atmosphere but we shouldn't knock people for trying. Yesterday I felt the songs (in the main :greengrin) coming out of there were starting in response to events on the pitch, the players and the fans feeding off each other as it should be. Well done to them.

silverhibee
13-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Tell me is the drum part of s43.?

Saorsa
13-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Tell me is the drum part of s43.?I believe it is. I have tae say it didnae bother me near as much as I thought it would and I'm only 3 or 4 rows in front of it. That livvy drummer used tae get right on my tits because it was just some radge making a din.

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2012, 10:04 AM
NO ONE can justify missile throwing, songs that some folk find distasteful will always be part of football so you just have to deal with it.

Sean1875
13-08-2012, 10:13 AM

Research?

Well how many football games have you been to? And how many times have you been hit by a coin?

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Well how many football games have you been to? And how many times have you been hit by a coin?

How many are thrown at each game though :greengrin

Twa Cairpets
13-08-2012, 10:21 AM

I think the fact that it didn't catch on much probably shows you're right.

It's a deeply embarrassing song, not to mention woefully out of date, and hopefully yesterday was the last we'll hear of it.

marinello59
13-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I think the fact that it didn't catch on much probably shows you're right.

It's a deeply embarrassing song, not to mention woefully out of date, and hopefully yesterday was the last we'll hear of it.

:agree:
I got my knickers in a twist on here last night over that song when I really shouldn't have, it will die a natural death. I wouldn't like it to detract from what was a very good support from the stands yesterday.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 10:36 AM
you are being naive if you think that the last you'll hear that song, I was in the vicinity and section 43 did start the song. section 43 are doing a great job, but for anyone to say they are not the main instigators of some of these less desirable songs is just daft. And if we are going to condemn them, we also have to condemn most of the folk in the east who joined in. It's a derby game, it's different hell I even swore yesterday.

Hibbyradge
13-08-2012, 11:01 AM

lol

So it's ok to throw coins because I've only been hit by stuff a few times? :faf:

I was also at a game at Motherwell when some fanny in the Hibs support threw a dart which embedded itself in another Hibs fan's skull.

Using your radical new statistical analysis system, dart throwing at football should be allowed because 99.999999999% of folk have never been hit in the head by one.

Bonkers.

What other crimes do you think should be legalised because they only inflict harm now and again?

Sean1875
13-08-2012, 11:05 AM
lol

So it's ok to throw coins because I've only been hit by stuff a few times? :faf:

I was also at a game at Motherwell when some fanny in the Hibs support threw a dart which embedded itself in another Hibs fan's skull.

Using your radical new statistical analysis system, dart throwing at football should be allowed because 99.999999999% of folk have never been hit in the head by one.

Bonkers.

What other crimes do you think should be legalised because they only inflict harm now and again?

Christ, I never said it was ok to throw coins. ONCE AGAIN read what i posted a few posts ago when I quite clearly stated that I did not find it acceptable to throw things in the slightest. You asked a quiestion regarding my point about it being incredibly unlikely to be hit by a coin. I answered that question, now your trying to make me out to look like the big baddie. :rolleyes:

Bad Martini
13-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Anyone throwing a missile in direction of pitch, from the safety haven of 30plus rows, is a coward IMO

Correct. :agree:

Furthermore, if some hard **** chucks a coin that skelps a bairn in the heid, is that funny?

Naw. Thats a ****ing smack to the teeth if the parent gets ye and rightly so - chucking coins - the point? If you hit the player, the club gets done. If you hit a bairn or another Hibs fan, they get hurt? Whats teh ****ing point?

******** behaviour. Nae better than the vile huns chucking their sectarian pish aboot. Probably worse.

Hibbyradge
13-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Christ, I never said it was ok to throw coins. ONCE AGAIN read what i posted a few posts ago when I quite clearly stated that I did not find it acceptable to throw things in the slightest. You asked a quiestion regarding my point about it being incredibly unlikely to be hit by a coin. I answered that question, now your trying to make me out to look like the big baddie. :rolleyes:

Fair do's, Sean.

It'll no be the first time that the meaning in a psot gets misconstrued. :thumbsup:

Ya big baddie! :wink:

Sean1875
13-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Fair do's, Sean.

It'll no be the first time that the meaning in a psot gets misconstrued. :thumbsup:

Ya big baddie! :wink:

Better be the last time from you though, ive got a pocket full of coppers with your name on it :devil: :greengrin

Hibbyradge
13-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Better be the last time from you though, ive got a pocket full of coppers with your name on it :devil: :greengrin

Cheapskate!

RIP
13-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Deary me, are you still denying those songs come from that area, get over yersel and yer wee group. You might no sing them but others do. I sit in that area and those songs were coming from directly behind me from the same people who are there every week. And for the record I couldnae give a toss what they sing. I'm dinnae come in tae the easily offended get yer knickers in a knot over a silly song category.

you are being naive if you think that the last you'll hear that song, I was in the vicinity and section 43 did start the song. section 43 are doing a great job, but for anyone to say they are not the main instigators of some of these less desirable songs is just daft. And if we are going to condemn them, we also have to condemn most of the folk in the east who joined in. It's a derby game, it's different hell I even swore yesterday.

If you read my post I actually stated that Sections 43 and 44 DID start those songs. Not SECT43. Spot the difference?

We prefer to stick to pro-Hibs songs. But we only occupy 30 or 40 seats out of 1,500 in that area. So what if we are a wee group.You don't need a massive squad to start songs, make flags or create displays

Anyway it's a missile thread no a songs thread. My comments about songs were made in passing. Nae big deal

hibeelin
13-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Depends what the bottle opener was made of, a metal one would definitely hurt whilst a plastic one would just leave you with a sore heed and a few choice curse words.

The bottle opener was a bloody great big metal one, about 6 inches. Think it was thrown near the front cause landed on the pitch - their keeper picked it up and handed it to a steward. If that had hit anybody chances are they would end up in a + e! All because some @rse thought it would be funny.

Nando™
13-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Coin-flingers are complete *******s.

JohnStephens91
13-08-2012, 03:09 PM
A few years ago at a game some boys sitting at the back of the old east chucked a tennis ball and it hit me in the head. It wasn't sore but my dad was well pissed off and reported it to the steward and the group of 3 guys were pointed out by fellow Hibees and ejected from the ground. Ridiculous, imagine if it was a coin or a bottle opener or something worse. I've seen eggs chucked at the football before narrowly missing me and thankfully the linesman too. It is disgusting to throw anything, imagine if it hit a wee boy or girl and the parents did not return, that is money the club is missing out on.

silverhibee
13-08-2012, 03:22 PM
If you read my post I actually stated that Sections 43 and 44 DID start those songs. Not SECT43. Spot the difference?

We prefer to stick to pro-Hibs songs. But we only occupy 30 or 40 seats out of 1,500 in that area. So what if we are a wee group.You don't need a massive squad to start songs, make flags or create displays

Anyway it's a missile thread no a songs thread. My comments about songs were made in passing. Nae big deal

So does the guy with the drum have anything to do with S43, yes or no will do.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 03:25 PM
So does the guy with the drum have anything to do with S43, yes or no will do.

I can see where you are going with this SH. :wink:

marinello59
13-08-2012, 03:37 PM

He wants to be the drummer? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 03:38 PM

Well Gogs, you did say many times last season and pre season, that you wanted folk to move their seats along to where section 43 is. Are you now telling me we have 2 separate sections now one you dont hand flags and drums out to, who cant be associated with your section when the flack starts flying about?

FWIW, i'm not bothered about any of the songs that were sung yesterday.

silverhibee
13-08-2012, 03:40 PM

And that's why he is not replying to me BH. :wink:

silverhibee
13-08-2012, 03:44 PM
He wants to be the drummer? :dunno:

Just looking for a simple yes or no if the drummer is part of S43 from there spokesman.

Saorsa
13-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Anyway it's a missile thread no a songs thread. My comments about songs were made in passing. Nae big dealIt's nae big deal tae me either, as I said I dinnae care if folk sing those songs, I just find the constant denial that any of your group sing those songs rather amusing. I saw who was singing the songs, I was there. :wink: They may not have started them (and I never said they did if you actually read my post :wink: ) but the vast majority of people in the rows behind me including the rows you occupy were singing the songs. Dinnae get me wrong, I think the folk trying tae help with the atmosphere and displays are doing a good job :aok: but lets no pretend they're all a load of angelic church choir boys.

HibsMax
13-08-2012, 04:04 PM

better off with a sock. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 04:07 PM
It's nae big deal tae me either, as I said I dinnae care if folk sing those songs, I just find the constant denial that any of your group sing those songs rather amusing. I saw who was singing the songs, I was there. :wink: They may not have started them (and I never said they did if you actually read my post :wink: ) but the vast majority of people in the rows behind me including the rows you occupy were singing the songs. Dinnae get me wrong, I think the folk trying tae help with the atmosphere and displays are doing a good job :aok: but lets no pretend they're all a load of angelic church choir boys.

My views exactly. :top marks

lucky
13-08-2012, 04:14 PM

100% correct just no need. Time for the coin throwers to grow up.

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Well Gogs, you did say many times last season and pre season, that you wanted folk to move their seats along to where section 43 is. Are you now telling me we have 2 separate sections now one you dont hand flags and drums out to, who cant be associated with your section when the flack starts flying about?

FWIW, i'm not bothered about any of the songs that were sung yesterday.

People are encouraged to go to Section 43 to join in songs, make the section buiser and louder. The actual group of us (as in Sect43) that organise things and start off a lot (not all as some seem to think) of the songs is slightly different. We are only in 2 or 3 of the rows in the whole section, so when things go wrong or there is trouble makers in the stand etc etc it's not the group that needs looking at, it's the individuals that are doing it.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 04:34 PM
People are encouraged to go to Section 43 to join in songs, make the section buiser and louder. The actual group of us (as in Sect43) that organise things and start off a lot (not all as some seem to think) of the songs is slightly different. We are only in 2 or 3 of the rows in the whole section, so when things go wrong or there is trouble makers in the stand etc etc it's not the group that needs looking at, it's the individuals that are doing it.

How do you joing section 43 then, is there an initiation ceremony, do you have to get a tattoo?:wink: Why would the members of section 43 sing these nasty songs, even start them which they did? Dont tell me it was the others who did it, and section 43 didnt, the drummer was keeping the beat going to the songs too.

As Dan says, we all know the folk who stand in that area are a bit more boisterous than the rest of the ground, and i certainly accept they are not going to be choir boys. But when caught in the act, stop digging a bigger hole, throw the spade away. :greengrin

marinello59
13-08-2012, 04:48 PM
How do you joing section 43 then, is there an initiation ceremony, do you have to get a tattoo?:wink: Why would the members of section 43 sing these nasty songs, even start them which they did? Dont tell me it was the others who did it, and section 43 didnt, the drummer was keeping the beat going to the songs too.

As Dan says, we all know the folk who stand in that area are a bit more boisterous than the rest of the ground, and i certainly accept they are not going to be choir boys. But when caught in the act, stop digging a bigger hole, throw the spade away. :greengrin

Come on BH, you know exactly what the score is with them, it's a bunch of (mainly) young lads having fun at the fitba. Do we have to put them on the defensive all the time? Of course they are going to defend themselves from some of the po faced types (like me) on here. Lay off them and go and practice your drumming. :greengrin

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Ok i am not saying that no member in Sect43 sang the songs, but the blame shouldn't just be on the group. And no there is no 'initiation ceremony', you just need to prove yourself by dropkicking a steward now and again. :greengrin

silverhibee
13-08-2012, 05:07 PM

Surely not the S43 drummer BH. :greengrin

Like you BH, i don't have a problem with the folk who want to sing they songs, they have had there fare share of paedos/sex offenders at there club so songs like the one being sung yesterday is just letting them know what kind of horrible club they are, they dish it out to our players about being allegedly junkies and Aids references as well, wee Sparky was getting it tight from that mob, something to do with a thumb, :confused: they dish it out, wee dish it out, it's what happens at football games around the world.

But for gogs43 from S43 to come along and say it has nothing to do with them when it was clear as day that they were involved in the singing yesterday along with the drummer who kept it going with the beat for most of the time regarding the two songs that were being sung, i have nothing against S43, but stop saying it wisnae me when it clearly was.

Hope Fraz doesn't fall out with me after that we post. :greengrin :thumbsup:

Saorsa
13-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Surely not the S43 drummer BH. :greengrin

Like you BH, i don't have a problem with the folk who want to sing they songs, they have had there fare share of paedos/sex offenders at there club so songs like the one being sung yesterday is just letting them know what kind of horrible club they are, they dish it out to our players about being allegedly junkies and Aids references as well, wee Sparky was getting it tight from that mob, something to do with a thumb, :confused: they dish it out, wee dish it out, it's what happens at football games around the world.

But for gogs43 from S43 to come along and say it has nothing to do with them when it was clear as day that they were involved in the singing yesterday along with the drummer who kept it going with the beat for most of the time regarding the two songs that were being sung, i have nothing against S43, but stop saying it wisnae me when it clearly was.

Hope Fraz doesn't fall out with me after that we post. :greengrin :thumbsup:or me :greengrin

Saorsa
13-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Come on BH, you know exactly what the score is with them, it's a bunch of (mainly) young lads having fun at the fitba. Do we have to put them on the defensive all the time? Of course they are going to defend themselves from some of the po faced types (like me) on here. Lay off them and go and practice your drumming. I'm no sure why anybody needs tae be on the defensive TBH. I have nae problems with the lads having their fun or the songs they sing and I'd even join in with those songs (Tell all the :jamboclow you know http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no, he's no longer here :bye: so lets have a :cheers: http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no) when I'm of a mind or in the mood tae. What I find laughable is the poster on this thread (and others) (no you Fraz :greengrin ) who continues tae deny that any of them are involved or join in when it's clearly nonsense.

silverhibee
13-08-2012, 05:38 PM
or me :greengrin

:tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Or me. :greengrin

silverhibee
13-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm no sure why anybody needs tae be on the defensive TBH. I have nae problems with the lads having their fun or the songs they sing and I'd even join in with those songs (Tell all the :jamboclow you know http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no, he's no longer here :bye: so lets have a :cheers: http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no) when I'm of a mind or in the mood tae. What I find laughable is the poster on this thread (and others) (no you Fraz ) who continues tae deny that any of them are involved or join in when it's clearly nonsense.

Shrekko
13-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm another who's fascinated by all these denials.

Section 43 seem to love taking credit anytime there's a good atmosphere as if it's all down to them, yet deny involvement in the paedo songs- which I do have a problem with by the way, and also sometimes deny that they are 'organised'. It's bizarre.

Holmesdale Hibs
13-08-2012, 06:42 PM

Agree, a coward and an absolute ********. It could easily do some serious damage. Throwing coins/bottleopeners/anything at anyone is unacceptable but your own fans? WTF?

NAE NOOKIE
13-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Its a disgrace throwing a 20p ..... 50p works much better.

Just Kiddin' Just kiddin'

Since 1975 I've been hit by a Golf ball, a coin, half a mince pie, and a Pomagne cork ( Scotland v Argentina 1979 ) bugger that hurt!!! also had a lit fag stuck in my ear at Tannadice... wasnt too bad coz we had just scored. Had a near miss at the PBS in the 70s when a half full beer can just missed me ... not sure what it was half full of mind.

But all that was the 70s early 80s ..... Thank goodness these days are gone, and if they are not, its bloody time they were. Some folk need to grow up.

On the flip side ... I was hit on the back of the head by a David Zitelli shot during the warm up ...... ouch!!!

:greengrin

Levenhibee
13-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Coins, rocks,darts, bottles, flares, water bombs....etc we've had them all at one time or other. It wasn't acceptable in the past and its certainly not acceptable now and should not be condoned.

Exceptions being - Loo rolls, balloons, confetti, streamers...etc
And a pie in the face of Bertie Auld when he was the Partick Thistle manager.

erin go bragh
13-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Coins, rocks,darts, bottles, flares, water bombs....etc we've had them all at one time or other. It wasn't acceptable in the past and its certainly not acceptable now and should not be condoned.

Exceptions being - Loo rolls:shocked:, balloons, confetti, streamers...etc
And a pie in the face of Bertie Auld when he was the Partick Thistle manager.
Got hit flush on the jaw in the old east, by one of the old tracing paper toilet rolls , fair dunt in the coupen it was .

Also been hit on the shoulder bone, by a 2p at tannadice [hurt like hell] by a crombie wearing arab [ i watched him throw it, but lost it in the sun ]

ggtth

steakbake
13-08-2012, 07:43 PM
We're fortunately a bit soft. I've been at footie games overseas where the opposition fans were throwing cups of pish over the fence. Other places where fireworks were being rocketed between the fans.

Hibee Ryan
13-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't see why people see the need to chuck coins for 3 simple reasons, however there are more:

1) The chances are you are not going to hit your intended target, in fact more likely to hit a fellow supporter whether it be a young child or adult.
2) Even if you do hit your target surely it just makes them want to win more, it sure as hell would make me want to!
3) You're giving your club a bad name which can result in fines.

Of course there are other reasons that others have posted but I can't understand why some eejit decided to chuck a bottle opener at Jamie MacDonald, the guy hadn't done anything as I don't believe playing for our arch rivals is a bad enough crime to warrant trying to cause serious injury to them and jesus it could of caused serious injury if it hit him

Chibs
13-08-2012, 08:02 PM
lol

Bonkers.

I was there that day myself. Scottish cup quarter final and artur duncan scored a last minute goal to go to a replay.If that was the game that dart was not thrown by some hibs fanny it came from the motherwell fans.

Jonnyboy
13-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm another who's fascinated by all these denials.

Section 43 seem to love taking credit anytime there's a good atmosphere as if it's all down to them, yet deny involvement in the paedo songs- which I do have a problem with by the way, and also sometimes deny that they are 'organised'. It's bizarre.

I sit right next to S43 and the truth is that these songs were coming out of that area. I think what upsets Fraze (and I'm with him on this) is that he and most if not all of the S43 group don't start such songs but are pretty much powerless in stopping them being sung.

For me the most accurate way to describe this is that the songs started in Section 43 but were not started by the S43 group. Complicated I know but true nonetheless. :wink:

PS - Silver/BH - what's the big deal with the drummer? :greengrin

judas
13-08-2012, 08:05 PM

What is your problem? Are you daft?

Saorsa
13-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I sit right next to S43 and the truth is that these songs were coming out of that area. I think what upsets Fraze (and I'm with him on this) is that he and most if not all of the S43 group don't start such songs but are pretty much powerless in stopping them being sung.

For me the most accurate way to describe this is that the songs started in Section 43 but were not started by the S43 group. Complicated I know but true nonetheless. :wink:

PS - Silver/BH - what's the big deal with the drummer? :greengrinI would have thought that was obvious Mr. C. You'll notice the question was never answered by the poster who was asked. :wink:

Jonnyboy
13-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I would have thought that was obvious Mr. C. You'll notice the question was never answered by the poster who was asked. :wink:

Must be an age thing J as it's going right over my head :greengrin

Saorsa
13-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Must be an age thing J as it's going right over my head :greengrinIf you take it the http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1324.gif belongs tae SECT43 and said http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1324.gif was battering out certain tunes it seems a bit odd for somebody tae come on and deny they had any involvement in those songs don't ya think? The question was asked but never answered.

Jonnyboy
13-08-2012, 08:45 PM
If you take it the http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1324.gif belongs tae SECT43 and said http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1324.gif was battering out certain tunes it seems a bit odd for somebody tae come on and deny they had any involvement in those songs don't ya think?

:doh:

I'm catchin yer drift noo :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 08:48 PM
:doh:

I'm catchin yer drift noo :greengrin

It never used to take you that long John. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-08-2012, 08:49 PM
It never used to take you that long John. :greengrin

Old age doesnae come itself G :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Old age doesnae come itself G :greengrin

Will let you know when it reaches Lancashire. :wink:

Jonnyboy
13-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Will let you know when it reaches Lancashire. :wink:

:greengrin :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
13-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Cannae be arsed reading all four pages but seeing the usual suspects getting ripped in again I can assume how the four pages go.

Not everyone likes the peado/mercer songs. The majority of the east towards the away end sung those songs not just the 15 or so in Sect 43.

Not denying joining in, dont speak for anyone apart from myself. Sect 43 simply turns into a scapegoat when something comes up and certain posters are quick to jump on the bandwagon.

Saorsa
13-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Cannae be arsed reading all four pages but seeing the usual suspects getting ripped in again I can assume how the four pages go.

Not everyone likes the peado/mercer songs. The majority of the east towards the away end sung those songs not just the 15 or so in Sect 43.

Not denying joining in, dont speak for anyone apart from myself. Sect 43 simply turns into a scapegoat when something comes up and certain posters are quick to jump on the bandwagon.Well maybe you should read the thread, I dinnae really see anyone having a go at SECT 43, just the poster who comes on here (on this and other threads) who has delusions that they are a group of angels who are never involved in any of the 'naughty' stuff, when it is patently untrue. Particularly when that poster comes on here calling other supporters jakies and druggies for the same thing. The majority at that end did sing the songs but I only see one person trying tae deny it or that a certain group were involved. I have already made it perfectly clear I have nae problem with any of the songs or with SECT 43, in fact I've said quite the opposite on this thread, see post 45 for a start. Dae you think I'd donate money tae something I thought was a load of crap? But lets no pretend it's something it isnae. I just cannae be bothered with the guff about the group of good wee choir boys who only sing nice songs with everybody else being responsible for the other stuff because it's a load of bollocks.

silverhibee
14-08-2012, 12:52 PM

So i will ask nicely again Gogs43, is the drummer part of Section43. Yes or no will do nicely please. If would be good if you answered this as it would clear up if S43 was involved in the paedo/mercer singing.

oconnors_strip
14-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Well maybe you should read the thread, I dinnae really see anyone having a go at SECT 43, just the poster who comes on here (on this and other threads) who has delusions that they are a group of angels who are never involved in any of the 'naughty' stuff, when it is patently untrue. Particularly when that poster comes on here calling other supporters jakies and druggies for the same thing. The majority at that end did sing the songs but I only see one person trying tae deny it or that a certain group were involved. I have already made it perfectly clear I have nae problem with any of the songs or with SECT 43, in fact I've said quite the opposite on this thread, see post 45 for a start. Dae you think I'd donate money tae something I thought was a load of crap? But lets no pretend it's something it isnae. I just cannae be bothered with the guff about the group of good wee choir boys who only sing nice songs with everybody else being responsible for the other stuff because it's a load of bollocks.

What makes it funny is that poster wasn't even at the game!!!!

Hibrandenburg
14-08-2012, 02:41 PM
lol

Bonkers.

You must have been stood right next to me at that game Mr Radge. I was stood right behind the guy and remember the dart just appearing in the back of the guys head. He didn't realise what had happened until the people around him told him. I always thought the dart came from the Well fans who were not far away behind a cage type fence to our right.

Nasty business.

Hibiza
14-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Not condoning that . It happens always has and always will.

Chuck Rhoades
14-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Well maybe you should read the thread, I dinnae really see anyone having a go at SECT 43, just the poster who comes on here (on this and other threads) who has delusions that they are a group of angels who are never involved in any of the 'naughty' stuff, when it is patently untrue. Particularly when that poster comes on here calling other supporters jakies and druggies for the same thing. The majority at that end did sing the songs but I only see one person trying tae deny it or that a certain group were involved. I have already made it perfectly clear I have nae problem with any of the songs or with SECT 43, in fact I've said quite the opposite on this thread, see post 45 for a start. Dae you think I'd donate money tae something I thought was a load of crap? But lets no pretend it's something it isnae. I just cannae be bothered with the guff about the group of good wee choir boys who only sing nice songs with everybody else being responsible for the other stuff because it's a load of bollocks.

Can't argue with any of that.

Chuck Rhoades
14-08-2012, 03:06 PM
So i will ask nicely again Gogs43, is the drummer part of Section43. Yes or no will do nicely please. If would be good if you answered this as it would clear up if S43 was involved in the paedo/mercer singing.

I will answer it, yes.

But as stated just above, I wasn't denying that people in Section 43 sung those songs (along with 100s of others might I add)

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2012, 03:28 PM
I will answer it, yes.

But as stated just above, I wasn't denying that people in Section 43 sung those songs (along with 100s of others might I add)

Dans knows as i do section 43 were singing the songs, they even started them too. I witnessed it with my own eyes, and dont care at all that they did.

What i think Dan and certainly i am saying, is section 43 should stop, sorry some of the folk who speak for them should stop trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, with all the it wisnae me mister, we just got dragged into it pish. :wink:

We can all remember when it first started, and some folk said how great it was, but you needed to cut out the daft songs, not me by the way i dont give a toss about the songs. :aok:

Now we have spokesmen telling us its the newcomers, when its still clearly section 43 doing it too, christ they now have a drum to keep the beat and start the chants. :greengrin

I love what you are doing, but dont take us for mugs, when we can see and hear just who and where its coming from. :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
14-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Dans knows as i do section 43 were singing the songs, they even started them too. I witnessed it with my own eyes, and dont care at all that they did.

What i think Dan and certainly i am saying, is section 43 should stop, sorry some of the folk who speak for them should stop trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, with all the it wisnae me mister, we just got dragged into it pish. :wink:

We can all remember when it first started, and some folk said how great it was, but you needed to cut out the daft songs, not me by the way i dont give a toss about the songs. :aok:

Now we have spokesmen telling us its the newcomers, when its still clearly section 43 doing it too, christ they now have a drum to keep the beat and start the chants. :greengrin

I love what you are doing, but dont take us for mugs, when we can see and hear just who and where its coming from. :thumbsup:

Not sure why Gogs try to defend considering he wasn't at the game.

What I would say is that we have no control over what people sing. I note the point re drum being used; however the songs were sung well before a drum was introduced. Even if people in Section 43 stop singing them, they will always be sung IMO. Especially the Mercer song.

Hibrandenburg
14-08-2012, 04:03 PM

Think they might be a tadge worried about the club withdrawing support if they're seen to be not PC.

Chuck Rhoades
14-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Think they might be a tadge worried about the club withdrawing support if they're seen to be not PC.

What have we got to be worried about? Infact, was has any supporter got to be worried about?

Support? Apart from issuing a statement on the official website, we have done everything ourselves. If this is aimed at the tacky corporate flags, that was the clubs/crabbies idea.

silverhibee
14-08-2012, 04:07 PM
I will answer it, yes.

Ross, thanks for giving me the answer to my question that i had asked your spokesman.

I am with Dan and BH, i really don't care what was being sung at the game on Sunday, the atmosphere was great even if the songs were about a yam paedo and a man who tried to kill our club, :agree: and other Hibs songs being sung, best day i have had at ER for a long time.

You can see where we are coming from though when your Spokesman(was he even at the game) starts having a go at allegedly junkies and jakey's who are there supporting the team like S43 for starting songs when at times it was the drummer that was getting these songs going with the beat from the drum, but the spokesman says it had nothing to do with your group when it was quite clear they did.

Keep up the good work with S43. :aok:

Chuck Rhoades
14-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Ross, thanks for giving me the answer to my question that i had asked your spokesman.

I am with Dan and BH, i really don't care what was being sung at the game on Sunday, the atmosphere was great even if the songs were about a yam paedo and a man who tried to kill our club, :agree: and other Hibs songs being sung, best day i have had at ER for a long time.

You can see where we are coming from though when your Spokesman(was he even at the game) starts having a go at allegedly junkies and jakey's who are there supporting the team like S43 for starting songs when at times it was the drummer that was getting these songs going with the beat from the drum, but the spokesman says it had nothing to do with your group when it was quite clear they did.

Keep up the good work with S43. :aok:

We don't have a spokesman as such and I am sure Gogs will realise it wasn't his position to respond considering he did not attend the game.

Points taking on board and will be discussed as we do with all feedback (positive or negative).

I sung both the songs and after reading this thread I will be erasing the CT song from my playlist, as we should not be celebrating and chanting about a paedo. I am just glad that both songs are only sung at Derbies.

With regards to the Mercer song, that's completely different and I have my own opinions on it neither right nor wrong, as it's an opinion.

Based on the above, I certainly do not fall into the 'junkie and jakey' category, so can see why you, BH and DD all raised concerns.

Hope this brings an end to it. We've all got better things to talk about.

lEXO
14-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Anybody who throws coins etc at games is an idiot and has no place within our support. Cowards

Saorsa
14-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Cheers for your responses Ross :aok: As I say none of this is aimed at you individually or SECT43 as a whole, so try no tae take everything so personally lad :aok: It's only at the poster slagging off other fans and perpetuating the myth that it's just everybody else. The songs dinnae bother me in the slightest whoever is singing them.

ronaldo7
14-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Not sure why Gogs try to defend considering he wasn't at the game.

What I would say is that we have no control over what people sing. I note the point re drum being used; however the songs were sung well before a drum was introduced. Even if people in Section 43 stop singing them, they will always be sung IMO. Especially the Mercer song.

Yep. That song will be sung for a long, long time.

Saorsa
14-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Yep. That song will be sung for a long, long time.Dae you mean this song?

Tell all the :jamboclow you know http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no, he's no longer here :bye: so lets have a :cheers: http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no

matty_f
14-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I still hanker for the days when we sang lots of derogatory songs about the visiting team and their fans.

silverhibee
14-08-2012, 07:32 PM
We don't have a spokesman as such and I am sure Gogs will realise it wasn't his position to respond considering he did not attend the game.

Points taking on board and will be discussed as we do with all feedback (positive or negative).

I sung both the songs and after reading this thread I will be erasing the CT song from my playlist, as we should not be celebrating and chanting about a paedo. I am just glad that both songs are only sung at Derbies.

With regards to the Mercer song, that's completely different and I have my own opinions on it neither right nor wrong, as it's an opinion.

Based on the above, I certainly do not fall into the 'junkie and jakey' category, so can see why you, BH and DD all raised concerns.

Hope this brings an end to it. We've all got better things to talk about.

Thanks for the response Ross, and you are right Gogs had no right to comment on this if he wasn't at the game.

Sadly not tonight.

Jonnyboy
14-08-2012, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=Desperate Dan;3327928]Dae you mean this song?

That's the one J :greengrin

To back up Ronaldo's comment I can say I watched two kids aged about 7 or 8 singing that at the top of their voices and although it shouldn't have, it made me smile :greengrin

Actually, it kinda reminded me of when I first started to go and watch Hibs and I learned the words of all the songs and joined in. In my defence, I had no idea what the IRA was m'lud :greengrin

Wembley67
14-08-2012, 07:41 PM
I still hanker for the days when we sang lots of derogatory songs about the visiting team and their fans.

Yup, fitbaw and the support has gone all soft and *****y, no funny anymore!

I blame the kids been saps and getting upset if bad stuff happens.

DaveF
14-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Yep. That song will be sung for a long, long time.

and justifiably so :agree:

ronaldo7
14-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Dae you mean this song?

Tell all the :jamboclow you know http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no, he's no longer here :bye: so lets have a :cheers: http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and no

That's the one

[QUOTE=Desperate Dan;3327928]Dae you mean this song?

That's the one J.

To back up Ronaldo's comment I can say I watched two kids aged about 7 or 8 singing that at the top of their voices and although it shouldn't have, it made me smile :greengrin

Actually, it kinda reminded me of when I first started to go and watch Hibs and I learned the words of all the songs and joined in. In my defence, I had no idea what the IRA was m'lud :greengrin

And a Lorry load of Volunteers.....

I done it too J. Don't think it made us bad people.

Johnny0762
14-08-2012, 08:00 PM

I got hit on the brow at Ibrox by a coin and it split my brow wide open.

RIP
14-08-2012, 10:39 PM
A few old grannies on here getting their knickers in a twist :yawn:

Stated in my first post wisnae at the game. Never once claimed I wis a spokesman for SECT43 either I althought I remembered Ross asking us a while back to knock these songs on the heid and belt out mair Hibs songs. Seems that guidance was overambitious at Derby games :greengrin

Like many I've everything in my time - IRA songs, mercer songs, paedo songs, mostly when pis hed. It's not that I've mellowed it's just these songs do suck all to support the team and have zero impact on the opposition. Waste of guid air but nae point in any of us auld heids telling that to the singers, they're no listening. One day our support will shed our inferiority complex and show our class in these games. Until then we will remain sadly obsessed.

The point of my post was to state my opinion that it's pathetic to see dafties pile in looking to start a fight from the safe haven of the terraces. If they think they are that hard they should arrange a pagger pre-match :rolleyes:

I was saying a lot of these spares come in once a season usually high on drink and on drugs. Having lived in Leith off an on since the 80's (and my dad, grandad and great-grandad before me back to 1859) some of them are weel kent faces. It's no meant to be denigrating - sorry if it comes across like that. I just dinnae class coin throwers in the same bracket as "fellow supporters"

silverhibee
14-08-2012, 11:00 PM

Are you sure about that.

The drummer boy started a few of these songs but you wouldn't know that as you were not there.

Phil D. Rolls
14-08-2012, 11:02 PM
im not a member / part off 12th man but can't agree wi your statement . They are trying there best to support team i think they deserve some respect for what they do imo

Well said, after the effort they made at Hampden, they deserve a lot of credit. These guys showed real Hibs class in their creative approach to mobilising the support.

Throwing coins is nothing new. It is stupid and impetuous - my mate "Phil" once had the misfortune to score a direct hit on Jim McLean, and featured in the Gilzean cartoon on the Monday. It is a measure of changed times that the strip took a humorous take on things, and basically said "who can blame the fans".

That said, I, er Phil would never condone such a thing now. It's a different world, and football is, on the whole, a much nicer place to be.

Phil D. Rolls
14-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Dae you mean this song?

Tell all the :jamboclow you know http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no, he's no longer here :bye: so lets have a :cheers: http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg is http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/dead.gif and :scarf: no

Don't know if you saw Burnistoun last night, but that song would be a lot funnier if it had the words "ya *******s" on the end. It's a long established craft and there are rules on what is good in the chant world.

silverhibee
14-08-2012, 11:20 PM
A few old grannies on here getting their knickers in a twist :yawn:

Stated in my first post wisnae at the game. Never once claimed I wis a spokesman for SECT43 either I althought I remembered Ross asking us a while back to knock these songs on the heid and belt out mair Hibs songs. Seems that guidance was overambitious at Derby games :greengrin

Like many I've everything in my time - IRA songs, mercer songs, paedo songs, mostly when pis hed. It's not that I've mellowed it's just these songs do suck all to support the team and have zero impact on the opposition. Waste of guid air but nae point in any of us auld heids telling that to the singers, they're no listening. One day our support will shed our inferiority complex and show our class in these games. Until then we will remain sadly obsessed.

The point of my post was to state my opinion that it's pathetic to see dafties pile in looking to start a fight from the safe haven of the terraces. If they think they are that hard they should arrange a pagger pre-match :rolleyes:

I was saying a lot of these spares come in once a season usually high on drink and on drugs. Having lived in Leith off an on since the 80's (and my dad, grandad and great-grandad before me back to 1859) some of them are weel kent faces. It's no meant to be denigrating - sorry if it comes across like that. I just dinnae class coin throwers in the same bracket as "fellow supporters"

Hibrandenburg
15-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Why do so many threads of differing content demise into song debates?

Now returning to op's original subject. I once got hit by a flag..........................:-)

Hibernia Na Eir
15-08-2012, 06:28 AM
bring back the pre-internet/forum days, FFS.