PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Shefki Kuqi (1 Year Deal Confirmed)

Pages : [1] 2

ivan03
12-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Finally some news about a striker, should be announced on Monday if all goes to plan. Staying in Edinburgh tonight and will be watching the game tomorrow, hasn't played in Scotland, isn't British but has been playing in England.

Also Goodwillie and Craig Gordon to hearts is on the cards. Gordon on a 6 month pay as you play deal.

SteveHFC
12-08-2012, 02:19 AM
I know who it is ;)

R'Albin
12-08-2012, 02:20 AM
I'm trying to decide whether it's just a coincidence, or whether you just copied someone else's info about Kuqi.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt :wink:

DAVE1875
12-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Is the reason it's being announced on Monday an attempt to raise spirits which will probably be falling like burning spitfires after defeat in the derby? (I'm optimistic but also realistic, best we can hope for is a draw.)

stevenhibs
12-08-2012, 05:21 AM
Also Goodwillie and Craig Gordon to hearts is on the cards. Gordon on a 6 month pay as you play deal.

Neither of these are happening seemingly. Hearts would need to pay at least 50% of Goodwillies wages which they simply can't afford and Gordon isn't cheap either. They've tried but it's not happening seemingly. The Skacel deal has seemingly broke down too after he's changed his demands when rangers started sniffing about.

Alfred E Newman
12-08-2012, 06:20 AM
Finally some news about a striker, should be announced on Monday if all goes to plan. Staying in Edinburgh tonight and will be watching the game tomorrow, hasn't played in Scotland, isn't British but has been playing in England.

He must be good then or he will be when he gets a few games under his belt. Sounds very familiar to me.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2012, 06:23 AM

Interesting, will we be pleased?

Or as happy as us Hibs fans can be

:cb

Onceinawhile
12-08-2012, 06:40 AM
So he is Irish then? For goodness sake, does fenlon not have any contacts other than Irish players? I presume this player has already played for him as well? Disgusting. Petrie, farmer, fenlon and everyone else out.

eastmainsmsh
12-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Kuqi is doing the rounds but would take this striker http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Forssell :aok:

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Monday?

:wtf:

We need who ever it is today!!

Typical Hibs!

northgreen24
12-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Monday?

:wtf:

We need who ever it is today!!

Typical Hibs!

I agree with this completly

I knoe some other clubs havent signed players but when there is such a need for one in your team and this first 2 games are agins united and hearts why bloody wait. if we loose today (and i am sure we will) be will be nil for 2 and an uphill battle already

Iain G
12-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Kuqi is doing the rounds but would take this striker http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Forssell :aok:

Yeah we need someone who can Finnish...

Tricla
12-08-2012, 06:58 AM
So he is Irish then? For goodness sake, does fenlon not have any contacts other than Irish players? I presume this player has already played for him as well? Disgusting. Petrie, farmer, fenlon and everyone else out.

Not sure if your intending to be sarcastic. :confused:

If so then :greengrin

If not, there are other countries in the world besides Ireland.

Lucius Apuleius
12-08-2012, 07:09 AM

I knoe some other clubs havent signed players but when there is such a need for one in your team and this first 2 games are agins united and hearts why bloody wait. if we loose today (and i am sure we will) be will be nil for 2 and an uphill battle already

And yet if we win we can go 2nd. Go figure. The only way then is realistically downwards.

ALF TUPPER
12-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Who is it then? :greengrin

SkintHibby
12-08-2012, 07:13 AM

I think that's the point he's trying to make.

chrisski33
12-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Why cant folk just name the player thats gonna sign IF they know we are signing someone?
But according to some rumours pat will be leaving on monday.........

NGH
12-08-2012, 07:17 AM

Forssell would suit me. I bought him from Birmingham in FIFA 05 and he did a brilliant job. He scored a terrific hat-trick against Rangers in the league decider.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Why cant folk just name the player thats gonna sign IF they know we are signing someone?
But according to some rumours pat will be leaving on monday.........

The player is Shefki Kuqi.

Ex Crystal Palace and Newcastle and most recently Oldham.

Big barsteward, decent goalscoring record, experienced.

Onceinawhile
12-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Not sure if your intending to be sarcastic. :confused:

If so then :greengrin

I was being sarcastic. I tried to go really over the top, but itust be a mark of how drama queen this place has become that it want obvious.

Is kuqi not quite old these days?

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 07:25 AM
I was being sarcastic. I tried to go really over the top, but itust be a mark of how drama queen this place has become that it want obvious.

35 I think.

Still managed 40 games last season though and It's not like he ever had pace to lose!

Tricla
12-08-2012, 07:27 AM

I got the satire. :aok:

He is 35 I think.

Hopefully he'll still do a job up front a la Brewster who marched on to a fair old age.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2012, 07:35 AM

Would be welcomed

hibsbollah
12-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Amadou to make a triumphant return from Italy. Time for Mr Lindsay to put his money where his mouth is.

Auckland Hibs
12-08-2012, 07:53 AM

If this is the guy then we're Donald Ducked this season.

Yet another journey man wasting a wage and we slip further behind the rest of the SPL :rolleyes:

Famous5forever
12-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Is the reason it's being announced on Monday an attempt to raise spirits which will probably be falling like burning spitfires after defeat in the derby? (I'm optimistic but also realistic, best we can hope for is a draw.)

Id take a draw now that gets us up and running and a point on the board.

SkintHibby
12-08-2012, 07:58 AM

Yet another journey man wasting a wage and we slip further behind the rest of the SPL :rolleyes:

:agree::top marks

goosefat
12-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Forssell would suit me. I bought him from Birmingham in FIFA 05 and he did a brilliant job. He scored a terrific hat-trick against Rangers in the league decider.

I was at that game. What a day.

:greengrin

bigwheel
12-08-2012, 08:30 AM

About 1 in 5 ratio...so not particularly exciting goal scoring record. That said, he is big, powerful and technically good - so as long as he still has the hunger could be a decent addition..

Mark79
12-08-2012, 08:30 AM

Sounds like another agogo to me. I mind the last time we started signing old men like charnley and wilkins. Just saying.

Frazerbob
12-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Sounds like another agogo to me. I mind the last time we started signing old men like charnley and wilkins. Just saying.

Charnley was superb....christ there were huge calls for him to get called up for Scotland. For every Wilkins the's a Suazee, Brewster or even an Archibald. I think someone of Kuqi's experience is exactly what we need. He would become a cult hero IMO.

HibeeMcGinn1
12-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Just great

Alfred E Newman
12-08-2012, 08:56 AM

As is usual , I have never heard of the guy.

Dalkeith
12-08-2012, 08:57 AM
http://youtu.be/uXCW_S7a8NM

YehButNoBut
12-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Seems a bit of a character, let's hope he can do the business for us and bring the best out of Sparky as well. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeiLQAJxG0k

Future17
12-08-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm trying to decide whether it's just a coincidence, or whether you just copied someone else's info about Kuqi.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt :wink:

Hope, if it is Kuqi, the deal is already signed and you guys (or whoever originally leaked it) know that to be the case. Big risks leaking information like this into the public domain before it is announced, especially in the current footballing climate.

I think people should think a bit harder before posting stuff like this and try and keep the best interests of the Club in mind.

Famous5forever
12-08-2012, 09:18 AM

Dont remind us:confused: the worrying thing is Paddy has a worse percentage win record than Duffy and his signings so far have not been inspiring a 35 year old striker and a 34 year old defender is hardly long term planning more money down the skanker and problems to solve for whoever replaces Paddy.
Having said that id imagine theyd only be on 1 year contracts so worth a gamble and if it pays of then alls well ends well.:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Hope, if it is Kuqi, the deal is already signed and you guys (or whoever originally leaked it) know that to be the case. Big risks leaking information like this into the public domain before it is announced, especially in the current footballing climate.

I think people should think a bit harder before posting stuff like this and try and keep the best interests of the Club in mind.

Yeah it will be my fault and no the 2 and a half pages on the transfer rumours thread.

Do many clubs do their scouting on other clubs fans messageboards?

Tyler Durden
12-08-2012, 09:27 AM

Yeah I'm sure there will be a long list of clubs ready to gazump us for Kuqi. His availability being such a secret and all.....

Don't like to be negative but it's pretty depressing if this is the best we can do. Would rather have taken Beattie.

Vault Boy
12-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Haven't seen him for Oldham, but if he still has some legs left I would be absolutely delighted with this. He has a lot of class and is technically very, very good. :thumbsup:

KanyeWestLower
12-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Kuqi looks as if he can play most games during a season Beattie does not

Zazu62
12-08-2012, 09:31 AM
What would wrong with this type of signing?? big physical centre forward is what we need isnt it??? :confused:

Future17
12-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah it will be my fault and no the 2 and a half pages on the transfer rumours thread.

Do many clubs do their scouting on other clubs fans messageboards?

If you had read my post, I said "or whoever originally leaked it" so relax yourself.

It's not about where the information comes from, but there have been examples of players being close to joining a team, but ending up somewhere else after the publicity around the original deal alerted another club.

I know that should such a situation occur with a Hibs target, some folk on here would be blaming Petrie, Fenlon, Farmer et al, rather than take a look at the idiots who are trusted by the Club to keep their mouth shut but can't.

Gala Foxes
12-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I saw him play at Walsall last season for Oldham

So that is the level we are at now - signing guys that are at the end of their career - bit sad that the chain now is Championship - League 1 then SPL

Another Agogo-Sodje stop gap signing

No money and no ambition

Future17
12-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Yeah I'm sure there will be a long list of clubs ready to gazump us for Kuqi. His availability being such a secret and all.....

Don't like to be negative but it's pretty depressing if this is the best we can do. Would rather have taken Beattie.

And you're basing this on what exactly? Your in-depth knowledge of the transfer dealings of every club in Britain and beyond?

In any event, it's a general problem - not just related to this deal.

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Dont remind us:confused: the worrying thing is Paddy has a worse percentage win record than Duffy and his signings so far have not been inspiring a 35 year old striker and a 34 year old defender is hardly long term planning more money down the skanker and problems to solve for whoever replaces Paddy.
Having said that id imagine theyd only be on 1 year contracts so worth a gamble and if it pays of then alls well ends well.:thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Rather than picking two signings out of eight that you've not seen play for us yet and banging the same old drum, maybe learn how to use a full stop, eh?

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 09:37 AM
P**h signing if it happens!!!

Really poor, the guy is 35 years old.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 09:39 AM
So am I right in thinking another potential signing is being written off before he's kicked a ball for us?

Good stuff.

HibeeBigFly
12-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Agree with this but hopefully he will be a positive influence on the dressing room.

UOTE=Gala Foxes;3323283]I saw him play at Walsall last season for Oldham

So that is the level we are at now - signing guys that are at the end of their career - bit sad that the chain now is Championship - League 1 then SPL

Another Agogo-Sodje stop gap signing

No money and no ambition[/QUOTE]

KanyeWestLower
12-08-2012, 09:40 AM
How can you say it's a bad signing! Haven't even seen the guy play yet!

Dinkydoo

Give it a ****ing rest.

Your negativity - like others on here - is really starting to bore me.

Northernhibee
P**h signing if it happens!!!

Really poor, the guy is 35 years old.

Is the magnum in your name relating to how much someone would be whining if they had a wooden stick stuck up their backside, as in the ice-cream?

He's technically a very, very good player. He has a great attitude, big strong physique and has played at a much higher level.

Amazes me to think that if we signed Sauzee nowadays people would go "How old? Pish signing" and probably boo him off the park before he got a chance to do anything.

Tyler Durden
12-08-2012, 09:41 AM
And you're basing this on what exactly? Your in-depth knowledge of the transfer dealings of every club in Britain and beyond?

In any event, it's a general problem - not just related to this deal.

He left Oldham at the end of June by the looks of things. His agent has no doubt been offering him to all and sundry since then if not before.

Which also raises the question of why (if we are in fact interested) did we not have him signed up during pre season?

Personally IMO Fenlon needs to produce better than this but if he does sign obviously I hope he does the business. The short term nature of these deals annoys me but maybe that's the sad reality of the SPL these days.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 09:42 AM
So am I right in thinking another potential signing is being written off before he's kicked a ball for us?

Good stuff.

Correct. Signing to get the fans excited: 35 yr old journeyman. Bring back Junior.

Heisenberg
12-08-2012, 09:44 AM
So because he's 35 he is will most definitely be rubbish? He's exactly what everyone has been asking for! A big strong striker who can hold the ball up, bring others into play and chip in with a few goals. Give him a chance ffs! We've not even signed him!

KanyeWestLower
12-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Surely signing a striker Just now is better than waiting until January? Ask some Newcastle fans what they think of Kuqi! He is exactly what we need just now!

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Is the magnum in your name relating to how much someone would be whining if they had a wooden stick stuck up their backside, as in the ice-cream?

He's technically a very, very good player. He has a great attitude, big strong physique and has played at a much higher level.

Amazes me to think that if we signed Sauzee nowadays people would go "How old? Pish signing" and probably boo him off the park before he got a chance to do anything.

If I am putting wooden sticks up my a**e i'd go with a fab as the curves on a Magnum stick may cause a bit discomfort. The 'Magnum is actually in relation to the moustache wearing detective played by big Tom.

The detective in me has worked out that Kuqi doesn't quite have the European pedigree that Le God has.

magpie1892
12-08-2012, 09:46 AM

Good stuff.

I saw him play a few times for Newcastle 18 months ago and while he has skill and a thunderous shot, the legs were long gone.

I'm reasonably confident to assert that his signing would not be a positive step for Hibs. I'm also happy to be entirely wrong in this position.

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 09:51 AM
If I am putting wooden sticks up my a**e i'd go with a fab as the curves on a Magnum stick may cause a bit discomfort. The 'Magnum is actually in relation to the moustache wearing detective played by big Tom.

The detective in me has worked out that Kuqi doesn't quite have the European pedigree that Le God has.

The increasingly manic depressive in me feels the need to point out how incredibly ****ty the SPL is right now.

Give him a few games. He's exactly what we need and a character to boot.

Beefster
12-08-2012, 09:53 AM

I'd be mildly happy to sign Kuqi for a season but comparing him to Sauzee is nonsense. Sauzee was a Champions League winner only 6 years earlier and had spent his entire career in Ligue 1 and Serie A.

The notion that anyone would be moaning about signing someone of a similar pedigree these days is guff.

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 09:56 AM
I'd be mildly happy to sign Kuqi for a season but comparing him to Sauzee is nonsense. Sauzee was a Champions League winner only 6 years earlier and had spent his entire career in Ligue 1 and Serie A.

The notion that anyone would be moaning about signing someone of a similar pedigree these days is guff.

He's not on the same skill level as Sauzee but still brings the same knowledge as an experienced player who's played at a much higher level than Hibs.

I bet you would get people moaning if we signed Le God all over again. It's all half of this board do. "Fenlon's organised world peace? **** me, ER is quiet enough as it is..." etc. etc.

PatHead
12-08-2012, 10:01 AM
If you sign good luck

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 10:10 AM
The increasingly manic depressive in me feels the need to point out how incredibly ****ty the SPL is right now.

Give him a few games. He's exactly what we need and a character to boot.

Just spoke to my Newcastle United season ticket holding mate.

His initial response was: "Really, is he still playing?"

He then said he was "pretty inconsistent depending on the player that turned up"

Finally, I defended this potential signing further when I said scoring goals wouldnt be his main role. I explained that he would be asked to hold the ball up and help bring midfielders into the game.

His response "aye, he can do that. he's about 16 stone.

YehButNoBut
12-08-2012, 10:12 AM
I know it is usually p*sh but according to Hibs rumours we are in advanced stages of talks with this guy, would love that to be true. He is a free agent just now but probably out of our reach.

Ivan Klasnić (Croatian pronunciation: [ˈiʋan ˈklasnitɕ] (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_Serbo-Croatian); born 29 January 1980 in Hamburg (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Hamburg), West Germany (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/West_Germany)) is a Croatian (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Croatia) footballer (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Association_football) who plays as a striker (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Forward_(association_football)). He is currently a free agent (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Free_agent) having last played for Bolton Wanderers (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Bolton_Wanderers_F.C.). He is also a player for the Croatian national football team (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Croatia_national_football_team). In 2007, Klasnić underwent a kidney transplant, and became the first player to participate in a major tournament (UEFA Euro 2008 (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2008)) after a transplant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Klasni%C4%87

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 10:14 AM
I know it is usually p*sh but according to Hibs rumours we are in advanced stages of talks with this guy, would love that to be true. He is a free agent just now but probably out of our reach.

Ivan Klasnić (Croatian pronunciation: [ˈiʋan ˈklasnitɕ] (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_Serbo-Croatian); born 29 January 1980 in Hamburg (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Hamburg), West Germany (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/West_Germany)) is a Croatian (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Croatia) footballer (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Association_football) who plays as a striker (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Forward_(association_football)). He is currently a free agent (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Free_agent) having last played for Bolton Wanderers (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Bolton_Wanderers_F.C.). He is also a player for the Croatian national football team (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Croatia_national_football_team). In 2007, Klasnić underwent a kidney transplant, and became the first player to participate in a major tournament (UEFA Euro 2008 (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2008)) after a transplant.

Yes please.

Sadly the fact It's on Hibs rumours means It's probably absolute bollox

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 10:14 AM

That would be a signing. Highly unlikely though as he has just left the Premier League.

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 10:18 AM

He then said he was "pretty inconsistent depending on the player that turned up"

Finally, I defended this potential signing further when I said scoring goals wouldnt be his main role. I explained that he would be asked to hold the ball up and help bring midfielders into the game.

Ah well, that makes it .net FACT then.

Jones28
12-08-2012, 10:26 AM

Would be a fantastic signing :agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Ah well, that makes it .net FACT then.

I think your misusing your .net sarcasm card here.

I am just posting a fellow football supporters opinion, not transfer information.

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I think your misusing your .net sarcasm card here.

I am just posting a fellow football supporters opinion, not transfer information.

Not such a dig at you, more pre-empting the usual outcry on here and rumours that the delay in signing is PF waiting for Jacamo to deliver his strip.

SteveHFC
12-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Very good

hibsbollah
12-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Texted my sheffield wednesday supporting cousin re Kuqi; his response was 'clumsiest player ive ever seen at our place. zero composure in front of goal. cant believe the fees hes attracted down the years'.

With apologies to the happy clappersİ :greengrin

VPHIBEE
12-08-2012, 11:58 AM

Watched some clips of him on youtube. If he still has any of the stuff I watched left in his game he would terrorise SPL defences.

Frazerbob
12-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Texted my sheffield wednesday supporting cousin re Kuqi; his response was 'clumsiest player ive ever seen at our place. zero composure in front of goal. cant believe the fees hes attracted down the years'.

With apologies to the happy clappersİ :greengrin

I Facebooked my Palace ST holder mate. Not very complinentary either:

"You would get mixed reviews amongst the Palace faithful on him. Personally, he's an ********. He cost us over £2m (but that wasn't his fault, that was a clear example of the mis-management at the Club at that time. We also paid around £2.25m for Adi Akinbadbuy...), he was overweight and lazy. There was one game in particular where he had an absolute mare, got hauled off to a less than ecstatic reception, and he stuck the fingers up to the fans. From that point, I couldn't wait to get rid of him. But he'd sealed his fate that day, anyway.
He may be fine, strikes me as one of those characters that needs to be loved."

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Just what we need, a tired old man from a crap club like Oldham. :rolleyes: Hurtado the second.

blaikie
12-08-2012, 12:23 PM
I would be happy with Sodje up front, could get goals in a poor team!

Frazerbob
12-08-2012, 12:36 PM
ESPN just showed Kuqi sitting in the stand.....picking his nose! :greengrin

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 12:37 PM
ESPN just showed Kuqi sitting in the stand.....picking his now! :greengrin

Picking his nasal hair probably, age related.

eastmainsmsh
12-08-2012, 12:37 PM
ESPN just showed Kuqi sitting in the stand.....picking his now! :greengrin :greengrin

dont think he picked a Green un :greengrin

Hovehibby
12-08-2012, 12:43 PM
35 y.o and 11 goals in 40 apps for Oldham last year.

Remember him playing in the EPL a few years ago, hope he can still do a good job

Would be a great target man to supply sparky and Doyle

macca70
12-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Must be Shaki Kuqi signing then seen as he's sitting in the stand.

Blackburn and previously Newcastle

jacomo
12-08-2012, 12:54 PM
I would be happy with Sodje up front, could get goals in a poor team!

Minded to agree, Sodje was alright in my view. Still he's gone, and while Kuqi ain't much of a footballer he is a battering ram and could prove useful to us.

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-08-2012, 01:27 PM

:cb

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 01:31 PM

:giruy:

Beefster
12-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Kuqi would be a fitter, slimmer, less injury-prone version of Kevin Kyle.

Craig_in_Prague
12-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Pat grinned when said player was mentioned during his ESPN interview... so looks like he has signed.

Fergus52
12-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Just what we need, a tired old man from a crap club like Oldham. :rolleyes: Hurtado the second.

Was killen not an oldham reject?

WhileTheChief..
12-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Pat grinned when said player was mentioned during his ESPN interview... so looks like he has signed.

He also said he was hoping for 2 or 3 new faces on BBC. Not sure if this includes Kuqi.

I reckon if Kuqi is a done deal it will be 2 new midfielders.

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Kuqi would be a fitter, slimmer, less injury-prone version of Kevin Kyle.

Would be a cool head up front too, would be a good combination with Sparky (or even the exuberance of Doyle and Caldwell for that matter).

Craig_in_Prague
12-08-2012, 01:54 PM
He also said he was hoping for 2 or 3 new faces on BBC. Not sure if this includes Kuqi.

I reckon if Kuqi is a done deal it will be 2 new midfielders.

If we get a wide player and another CM + Kuqi then things will be looking up.

YehButNoBut
12-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Was killen not an oldham reject?

:agree: As was Goram

erin go bragh
12-08-2012, 02:19 PM

Newcastle fans eh, the same fans that wished a certain D Duff had left ,rather than A O'brien , when he signed for us .

GGTTH

jacomo
12-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Would be a cool head up front too, would be a good combination with Sparky (or even the exuberance of Doyle and Caldwell for that matter).

Not sure about that! Kuqi is a bit of a hot head if you ask me.

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 02:21 PM
We paid a big fee for Goram, £300k plus in 1987, not sure how that can translate to a guy released in the Summer. I wish this guy well, but question if he has the legs. He'll have done no pre season for a start. Pretty sure we could have got Sheridan in if we had a board that paid money.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 02:24 PM
We paid a big fee for Goram, £300k plus in 1987, not sure how that can translate to a guy released in the Summer. I wish this guy well, but question if he has the legs. He'll have done no pre season for a start. Pretty sure we could have got Sheridan in if we had a board that paid money.

What did Sheridan do last season that makes him worth this money?

Or any season for that matter?

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Is there no end to your whining? Can you show us the evidence that PF even attempted to sign Sheridan? Also, do you know for a fact that Kuqi has not trained this summer? As long as he has been around he could easily have trained with someone just as Maybury did with us. Or are you just making stuff up to suit your own agenda? The point is that Kuqi will not be cheap and probably more expensive than Sheridan I would have thought and so it seems to me your argument is flawed.

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
What did Sheridan do last season that makes him worth this money?

Or any season for that matter?

So you're more impressed with Kuqi's 11 in 41 in League One than Sheridan's 4 in 15 in the SPL? Bear in mind Sheridan is 13 years younger and might have resale potential. Ambition at the end of the day, it usually involves some ££. But I welcome this guy in, give him his chance.

LancashireHibby
12-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Kuqi is an absolute beast. Think his different style to Sparky/Doyle would compliment things quite nicely. Zero chance of Klasnic by the way, his wages at Bolton weren't far off our entire squad bill.

500miles
12-08-2012, 02:41 PM
So you're more impressed with Kuqi's 11 in 41 in League One than Sheridan's 4 in 15 in the SPL? Bear in mind Sheridan is 13 years younger and might have resale potential. Ambition at the end of the day, it usually involves some ££. But I welcome this guy in, give him his chance.

We've got Caldwell and Handling coming through. An experienced head could be just what we need to bring on the forwards, much like Brewster did for O'Connor.

Aldo
12-08-2012, 02:48 PM
We've got Caldwell and Handling coming through. An experienced head could be just what we need to bring on the forwards, much like Brewster did for O'Connor.

Yip spot on. Brewster was excellent and could probably still do a job. If Kuqi scores 11 goals in 40 for us I'd be more than delighted.

I do t think he's being brought in for that tho. Bit of muscle up front and would think he'll set up more and bring more to the team.

A massive improvement from last week but it must continue. Like the look if Deegan and Maybury (barring his flanger). One player who we need to get in a king term deal is LG. hopefully we'll see his loan extended and we will get him permanent next summer.

Wee word as well for Wotherspoon who for me had his best game in a Hibs jersey for as long as I can remember.

It's only one game I know but if we play like that every week we should be ok.

col02
12-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Yip spot on. Brewster was excellent and could probably still do a job. If Kuqi scores 11 goals in 40 for us I'd be more than delighted.

I do t think he's being brought in for that tho. Bit of muscle up front and would think he'll set up more and bring more to the team.

A massive improvement from last week but it must continue. Like the look if Deegan and Maybury (barring his flanger). One player who we need to get in a king term deal is LG. hopefully we'll see his loan extended and we will get him permanent next summer.

Wee word as well for Wotherspoon who for me had his best game in a Hibs jersey for as long as I can remember.

It's only one game I know but if we play like that every week we should be ok.

Hopefully everyone associated with Hibs takes a lift from today and looks forward to next weeks match with some continued optimism. I was actually quite proud of the effort today from the team given how poorly they performed last weekend. Wotherspoon for me should be given time at right midfield to find his feet again as he is imho our best option at the moment for there. In a time when it is good for players to be versatile sometimes it can be counter productive as it has been I feel for Wotherspoon. Hanlon and McPake is our best central defensive partnership too imho and once Williams, Maybury and Clancy gel with them I could see our defence being pretty solid.

michael_wilson1
12-08-2012, 03:12 PM
when pat fenlon was interviewed who was the player the interviewer mentioned was in the crowd?

Hovehibby
12-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Shefki Kuqi - ex Palace, Newcastle, Blackburn, released by oldham in the summer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shefki_Kuqi

sahib
12-08-2012, 03:41 PM
when pat fenlon was interviewed who was the player the interviewer mentioned was in the crowd?

Shefki Kuqi: 53yo Kosova born Finnish striker.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2012, 03:47 PM

Big unit

I think I'm in love

Killen with a mixu twist

edwards
12-08-2012, 03:56 PM

Lookin good for 53 :wink:

theonlywayisup
12-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Our new striker in action. What does everyone think of him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6xf7qKLwiQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXCW_S7a8NM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkg2h7XRAAQ

Heisenberg
12-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Should provide the physical presence we've been missing up front whilst also adding good experience. Will hopefully strike up a good partnership with Sparky too.

whiskyhibby
12-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Hopefully everyone associated with Hibs takes a lift from today and looks forward to next weeks match with some continued optimism. I was actually quite proud of the effort today from the team given how poorly they performed last weekend. Wotherspoon for me should be given time at right midfield to find his feet again as he is imho our best option at the moment for there. In a time when it is good for players to be versatile sometimes it can be counter productive as it has been I feel for Wotherspoon. Hanlon and McPake is our best central defensive partnership too imho and once Williams, Maybury and Clancy gel with them I could see our defence being pretty solid.

I thought Spoony had a good game, he brought his tricks to the match which was infuriating as on occasion the simple pass was overhit, but right mid seems his best place and he certainly gives us attacking options with Cairney on the other side, Deegan and Lewis doing the graft the midfield is looking promising

EdinMike
12-08-2012, 04:09 PM
When did he sign ? And how did I miss that info !?

Heisenberg
12-08-2012, 04:12 PM
When did he sign ? And how did I miss that info !?

I'd think he's either pretty close to signing or he's already agreed to sign if we were willing to put him in the stand?

rcarter1
12-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Could this be the Marquee signing? A bit confused as his last club Oldham couldnt afford him which doesn't sound like the player we can get hold of. He is 36 however!! Intrigued...

Franck Stanton
12-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Looks a big strong laddie, just what we need. Like the "dive" celebration too.

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Looks a big strong laddie, just what we need. Like the "dive" celebration too.
Craig Thomson will book him for that....

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 04:29 PM
His legs don't carry him as quickly anymore, but even still I think he could be a machine for us. A big lump who has played at a high level and knows where the net is, can see him terrorising weaker defenders even in his advancing years.

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Is Fenlon going to change the system to fit in this dude? I assume Doyle will be benched and he'll go two up.

MSK
12-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Looks a big strong laddie, just what we need. Like the "dive" celebration too.Jeez ..if I dived like that I would need a JCB tae dig me back oot !!! :rolleyes:

Fergus52
12-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Is Fenlon going to change the system to fit in this dude? I assume Doyle will be benched and he'll go two up.

We played 2 up front today?

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 04:56 PM
I thought Spoony had a good game, he brought his tricks to the match which was infuriating as on occasion the simple pass was overhit, but right mid seems his best place and he certainly gives us attacking options with Cairney on the other side, Deegan and Lewis doing the graft the midfield is looking promising

It wasn't really right mid, it was more of a central role on the right side of midfield.

The most pleasing thing today was the fact Hibs were just more organised.

The midfield 'diamond' seemed to work well. Stevenson sat tight (didn't really do much) Wotherspoon and Cairney are central midfielders so its no use them stuck out on the wings but the way they were today was nicely balanced and kept Hearts wingers at a sufficient length.

eastmainsmsh
12-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Really fancy our chances of vast improvement IF kuqi can produce past form .Reckon he will win flick ons with Sparky reaping rewards really think the two of them will gell :agree:

Mikey
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM

We paid a fee for Deegan.

Hiber-nation
12-08-2012, 07:17 PM

Ask any St Johnstone fan about Sheridan and they'll more than likely tell you he was a lazy git who only played when he fancied it. The complete opposite of what we need at Hibs.

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Ask any St Johnstone fan about Sheridan and they'll more than likely tell you he was a lazy git who only played when he fancied it. The complete opposite of what we need at Hibs.

Yeah, but would you give a sh it about St Johnstone? One man and his dog.

sahib
12-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Could this be the Marquee signing? A bit confused as his last club Oldham couldnt afford him which doesn't sound like the player we can get hold of. He is 36 however!! Intrigued...

His underpants would make a fair sized marquee.:wink:
(From the descriptions of his size in previous posts)

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah, but would you give a sh it about St Johnstone? One man and his dog.

I give a **** about who comes into our club. There are more skillful teams in the league, we can only beat them on effort.

We can't afford lazy players, CS wouldn't be the right person.

Ahhh, good old .net. Only takes a few hours to get back to all this :cb

Hibee87
12-08-2012, 07:27 PM

doyle to me seems like the type of player who can go st a man and run at them i would tempt to try out out a team like this

.............williams................

clancy mcpke hanlon maybury

doyle deegan cairney new signing (or play cairney LW and stevenson/claros CM)

.......kuqi griffiths..............

i think cairney played a more advanced attacking midfield role last season with partick and scored a few goal, would seem the obvious choice to have him playing behind the stikers when attacking and getting any knockbacks from kuqi. Deegan looks the part to bully midfields and get his foot on the ball, make a tackle and start the ball moving.

were not the finished article by a long shot but that team should do ok and get us mid table and hopefully fenlon will get another 2 transfer windows to really make his mark and come this time next year we have a stronger team. We as hibs fans need to realise the rebuilding will take time but the signing so far fill me with more confidence than weve had in the last couple of years
:pfgwa

Zemamma10
12-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Exactly the type of player we need. Someone who won't get pushed about up top and will create space for Griffiths to play.

Could be a great signing for a season.

JimBHibees
12-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Give it a ****ing rest.

Your negativity - like others on here - is really starting to bore me.

Yep Yamtastic.

JimBHibees
12-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Exactly the type of player we need. Someone who won't get pushed about up top and will create space for Griffiths to play.

Could be a great signing for a season.

Spot on, exactly the type of player we need IMO.

Weej1875
12-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Got a text from an Oldham mate, said "He's decent. Scored 16 for us last season. Strong. We couldn't afford him this season". Exactly what's missing up front.

whiskyhibby
12-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=3324139)<br />
We paid a big fee for Goram, £300k plus in 1987, not sure how that can translate to a guy released in the Summer. I wish this guy well, but question if he has the legs. He'll have done no pre season for a start. Pretty sure we could have got Sheridan in <b>if we had a board that paid money</b>.<br />
<br />
We paid a fee for Deegan

A rather inconvenient truth for some............

whiskyhibby
12-08-2012, 09:29 PM
It wasn't really right mid, it was more of a central role on the right side of midfield.

The most pleasing thing today was the fact Hibs were just more organised.

The midfield 'diamond' seemed to work well. Stevenson sat tight (didn't really do much) Wotherspoon and Cairney are central midfielders so its no use them stuck out on the wings but the way they were today was nicely balanced and kept Hearts wingers at a sufficient length.

I think Spoony and Cairney have been used on the wings in all, the games to date , so,seems to be something that PF feels offers the team the best benefit

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Mixu must know this guy well. I hope Fenlon gave him a call and asked his opinion.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I think Spoony and Cairney have been used on the wings in all, the games to date , so,seems to be something that PF feels offers the team the best benefit

Just meant that today we never really saw them line hugging. They were more central midfielders deployed on the right/left. If you get my drift.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Anyone know if hes signing today or not .....my mate kev...(who is a genuine source)...is in tunisia so I cant find out from him

Hibbyradge
13-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Anyone know if hes signing today or not .....my mate kev...(who is a genuine source)...is in tunisia so I can find out from him

What are you waiting for? :confused:

CropleyWasGod
13-08-2012, 09:40 AM

:greengrin My reaction too, but I was just too damned polite to post it....

rcarter1
13-08-2012, 09:50 AM
His underpants would make a fair sized marquee.:wink:
(From the descriptions of his size in previous posts)

:tee hee:

Macaroon
13-08-2012, 11:29 AM

I wonder whether he tried to type can't. If not then yeah, what are you waiting for :greengrin

Mikey
13-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Presumably there's been no announcement yet because he was there for a look. Hopefully he liked what he saw!

scoopyboy
13-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Presumably there's been no announcement yet because he was there for a look. Hopefully he liked what he saw!

Medical today or tomorrow I believe mikey.

Edit - if it isn't Kuqi then someone else is getting one.

Mikey
13-08-2012, 11:40 AM

Up to 48hrs was mentioned so that fits in.

Cheers.

Aldo
13-08-2012, 11:45 AM

You mean you don't know. Mon Scoops get on it. ;-)

Hermit Crab
13-08-2012, 02:30 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/hibs-chase-veteran-finnish-striker-shefki-kuqi-1-2464952

brog
14-08-2012, 08:39 AM

I really hope its not for Kuqi. I've seen him many times, mostly at CP & at his best he was average, at his worst he makes Nishy look like Messi.
If he joins I'll support him as I do every Hibs player but I think we can do better with our limited resources. For Kuqi to flourish we'll need plenty of balls into the box. I don't know where they'll come from & I'm also concerned we'll change our whole style of play to accommodate one player for one season. If he joins I hope he does well but I hae ma doots!

R'Albin
14-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Will he hurry up and sign? I'm worried we get gazumped or something :paranoid:

LeighLoyal
14-08-2012, 12:09 PM
I really hope its not for Kuqi. I've seen him many times, mostly at CP & at his best he was average, at his worst he makes Nishy look like Messi.
If he joins I'll support him as I do every Hibs player but I think we can do better with our limited resources. For Kuqi to flourish we'll need plenty of balls into the box. I don't know where they'll come from & I'm also concerned we'll change our whole style of play to accommodate one player for one season. If he joins I hope he does well but I hae ma doots!

Kuqi did score 15 for Oldham last season, how many did Messi, sorry... Nish! get for Hartlepool?

Just have to trust Fenlon on it if he's the player.

PeterboroHibee
14-08-2012, 12:20 PM

I agree, although I also hope he does well.

I know he scored a few goals last season with Oldham, but hes a bit of a journeyman, hes nearly 36 (2 years older than Maybury and people were moaning about his age!) and Im just not quite sure hes of as high a standard as the other guys we brought in. He may well come and find the SPL quite an easy league to play in, I dont know, but if it doesnt work its a lot of pressure on Griffiths to score most of our goals.

brog
14-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Kuqi did score 15 for Oldham last season, how many did Messi, sorry... Nish! get for Hartlepool?

Just have to trust Fenlon on it if he's the player.

My problem is I doubt very much if PF went into this window looking to sign Kuqi. This smacks very much of desperation. I know he scored a fair few for Oldham last season but from memory they had a good cup run & he scored a bunch then, I remember Moraes looking good also!!
As I said my main memory of him is from his time at Palace, Wiki advises he scored 18 goals in 3 seasons, that's about 10 more than I remember! Again, if he signs I'll support him but we can do much better.

blaikie
14-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Some of his goals for Oldham are unbelievable!!

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Another journeyman and an old one at that, not thrilled by the prospect of him signing at all. However if he does sign I will support him and live in hope that he can offer something.

rcarter1
14-08-2012, 02:12 PM
[/B]My problem is I doubt very much if PF went into this window looking to sign Kuqi. This smacks very much of desperation.

Just because a player may come into a managers thoughts out of the blue, does not mean it is desperation. Im sure PF hasnt been looking for Messi for example....

I'm not worried about the goals aspect, I'm thinking more a general wise head, decent proven standard, battering ram kind of guy, and as for the name.. :thumbsup:

AllyT
14-08-2012, 02:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3QXJOdXnjY

Looks like a decent player to me :thumbsup:

NOLA
14-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Just because a player may come into a managers thoughts out of the blue, does not mean it is desperation. Im sure PF hasnt been looking for Messi for example....

I'm not worried about the goals aspect, I'm thinking more a general wise head, decent proven standard, battering ram kind of guy, and as for the name.. :thumbsup:

did we not have akpo sodje to do that :greengrin

green glory
14-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Has the Kuqi monster signed yet?

southsider
14-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Been on romours page and we are being linked with ex-boro player and now free agent Alfonso Alves. Anyone heard anything about this ?

R'Albin
14-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Been on romours page and we are being linked with ex-boro player and now free agent Alfonso Alves. Anyone heard anything about this ?

Not a :pray:er

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Any other 30 something striker that we are being linked with?

Fat Ronaldo?

DH1875
14-08-2012, 02:58 PM

Is he the flop they spent 12 million on? If so he was great for his dutch team but total kite for them. Apparently he's a bit of an A hole as well.

ronaldo7
14-08-2012, 03:02 PM

Fat Ronaldo?

Oi:na na:

JHFC
14-08-2012, 03:07 PM
his celebration is class

hibee92
14-08-2012, 03:11 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Franck Stanton
14-08-2012, 03:30 PM

Think that was posted by a yam at the wind - up.

hibees 7062
14-08-2012, 03:34 PM

And me :agree:

J-C
14-08-2012, 03:38 PM

if he can still bang in a few like that I'll be very happy. :greengrin

erin go bragh
14-08-2012, 08:31 PM

Heard he passed his medical today and will be paraded tomorrow .

The PM board is no bad value at a £10 for the year :wink:

ggtth

Sergey
14-08-2012, 08:38 PM
[/B]My problem is I doubt very much if PF went into this window looking to sign Kuqi. This smacks very much of desperation.

Mere Calculating on the managers part as he's an all-weather player :wink:

Both have a fair few miles on the clock!

Persevere80
14-08-2012, 08:43 PM

A few quality goals there. He's not scared to take a wee cheeky shot.

nonshinyfinish
14-08-2012, 08:58 PM

A general appeal to all: stop reading Football Rumours. It's pish. It's all pish.

random sub
14-08-2012, 09:10 PM

Jeez- Crystal Palace in 08/09 were brutal with their long punts up the park. Top scorer with 10, perhaps not that prolific, more competent

banchoryhibs
14-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Jeez- Crystal Palace in 08/09 were brutal with their long punts up the park. Top scorer with 10, perhaps not that prolific, more competent

Competent? For a big man he has quite a touch and very good awareness. His strength will be more in feeding Griffiths and who ever else plays up front; but he'll score some spectaculars along the way.

He looks more than competent for the SPL but just don't ask him to run very far or fast :greengrin

rcarter1
14-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Competent? For a big man he has quite a touch and very good awareness. His strength will be more in feeding Griffiths and who ever else plays up front; but he'll score some spectaculars along the way.

He looks more than competent for the SPL but just don't ask him to run very far or fast :greengrin

this.

Delighted if it turns out to be true... :thumbsup:

CockneyRebel
14-08-2012, 10:49 PM

Kuqi played for my English team Crystal Palace (I was born in South London) I have supported and watched Hibs for over 30 years and IMHO he is past it. He was always slow and is now old and slow. He only played when he felt like it and was always in some dispute or other with the club (mostly moaning about more money - he was on 12k per week at the tim!). Posts from Palace supporters when he left were 98% in favour of him going. I know we need a big guy but I fear he is too old, too slow and looking for a pension. If we can afford him then it means he has tried everywhere else and found no takers. Sorry to be negative but we cant afford any more bad signings.

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Kuqi played for my English team Crystal Palace (I was born in South London) I have supported and watched Hibs for over 30 years and IMHO he is past it. He was always slow and is now old and slow. He only played when he felt like it and was always in some dispute or other with the club (mostly moaning about more money - he was on 12k per week at the tim!). Posts from Palace supporters when he left were 98% in favour of him going. I know we need a big guy but I fear he is too old, too slow and looking for a pension. If we can afford him then it means he has tried everywhere else and found no takers. Sorry to be negative but we cant afford any more bad signings.

Not liking the sound of this. Firmly believe if you are good enough you are young enough, but the last thing we need is a passenger so I hope PF has had a good look first if he does intend to sign him.

AlbertK86
15-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Not liking the sound of this. Firmly believe if you are good enough you are young enough, but the last thing we need is a passenger so I hope PF has had a good look first if he does intend to sign him.

Nah I dinnae think PF will have had a good look. we're in pretty good shape so it'll no matter if he gets it wrong !!!

Craig_in_Prague
15-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Those with negative comments appear to be just that he's "slow"....
Brewster was hardly quick was he.

Pat might like his strength, vision, link up play, holds up the ball, technical play, whatever.

I trust Pat over anyone on here, all his signings so far have been pretty much spot on.

People are allowed to have an opinion on him, but there's an awful bad habit of putting players down before they've even put on the shirt.

Hibbyradge
15-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Nah I dinnae think PF will have had a good look. we're in pretty good shape so it'll no matter if he gets it wrong !!!

Why don't you think he'll have had a look?

Lucius Apuleius
15-08-2012, 07:19 AM

Do keep up!!!! He is not Oirish, we do not have any scouts and he is a last minute rush job!!!!!

Mac
15-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Those with negative comments appear to be just that he's "slow"....
Brewster was hardly quick was he.

Pat might like his strength, vision, link up play, holds up the ball, technical play, whatever.

I trust Pat over anyone on here, all his signings so far have been pretty much spot on.

People are allowed to have an opinion on him, but there's an awful bad habit of putting players down before they've even put on the shirt.

Think Mixu might be an even better example!!

gegs70
15-08-2012, 07:22 AM
I think he looks pretty good a bit of experience to help the young guys out. Some great hoals on you tube doesnt look like he scores a huge amoint but if he can hold up the ball well then i will be fairly happy.

Hibrandenburg
15-08-2012, 07:25 AM

Some of our greatest legends have not been able to run far or fast. We've fielded enough headless chickens in the past and maybe it's time for an elephant or two.

Heisenberg
15-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Kuqi did well enough in a league which is about the same standard as the SPL last season. He should hopefully be able to provide what we've been missing up front as well as bringing some more goals out of Sparky.

bingo70
15-08-2012, 07:49 AM
I think the problem with players that rely on bullying defenders is that when they're not able to do that they look absolutely hopeless.

I can quite understand why people who saw him at a higher level might be concerned but without blowing smoke up the English games arse too much I'd think that'd it'd be a lot harder to bully an English championship or premiership defender than it would be an SPL defender, I think another comparison would be Kevin Kyle, looked absolutely hopeless down south but able to play his own game up here and was pretty effective, same with Chris Killen who was no speed merchant.

I think he'd be a decent signing if we can get him.

Green forever
15-08-2012, 07:55 AM

He scored a hat trick against us a few years ago in a pre season friendly, Fletch put us 2-0 up and then Alves scored 3 for a 3-2 victory. Would imagine is wages would still be way out of our price range.

PeterboroHibee
15-08-2012, 08:00 AM

The fact he has no pace shouldnt really be a problem. Look at someone like Daly at United, if the positional sense is there and an ability to finish, a player could score plenty in this league.

What does concern me a little bit is how many clubs he has played at, and how patchy his goal scoring record is. He has had spells where he has managed around 10 goals (including last season), which is probably around what we should be hoping for of someone whos role would be more of a hold up player for the likes of Griffiths, Doyle and the midfielders. The problem is hes sometimes went a number of years between hitting those sort of numbers, and it worries me he will end up being another Agogo.

I also slightly question the motivation of guys who come to the SPL when they are mid 30s, after a career spent drifting between clubs in other leagues. Do they genuinely want to make a difference to the club they are coming to, or is it a case of seeing it as reasonably easy money for not much work (Im not saying thats whats necessarily driving Kuqi, but you never know)?

AlbertK86
15-08-2012, 08:00 AM

Eh sarcasm at Bovril's comment !

Course he's gonna have had a look

down-the-slope
15-08-2012, 08:24 AM

:greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
15-08-2012, 08:31 AM
heard the stumbling block on this one, could be that Petrie isn't happy he'll need to order letter 'Q' into the club shop for potential name printing.

down-the-slope
15-08-2012, 08:35 AM
heard the stumbling block on this one, could be that Petrie isn't happy he'll need to order letter 'Q' into the club shop for potential name printing.

:aok: almost correct - its the fact that only 4 letters is poor return on each shirt...he was hoping for more that the 8 required for Williams

green glory
15-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Kuqi Monster, nom nom nom
Kuqi Monster, nom nom nom

Stevie Reid
15-08-2012, 09:23 AM
The fact he has no pace shouldnt really be a problem. Look at someone like Daly at United, if the positional sense is there and an ability to finish, a player could score plenty in this league.

What does concern me a little bit is how many clubs he has played at, and how patchy his goal scoring record is. He has had spells where he has managed around 10 goals (including last season), which is probably around what we should be hoping for of someone whos role would be more of a hold up player for the likes of Griffiths, Doyle and the midfielders. The problem is hes sometimes went a number of years between hitting those sort of numbers, and it worries me he will end up being another Agogo.

I also slightly question the motivation of guys who come to the SPL when they are mid 30s, after a career spent drifting between clubs in other leagues. Do they genuinely want to make a difference to the club they are coming to, or is it a case of seeing it as reasonably easy money for not much work (Im not saying thats whats necessarily driving Kuqi, but you never know)?

Kuqi scored 16 goals in 49 games last season.

Oldham (http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1924)
31 Aug, 11
01 Jul, 12
Free
39 (1)
4 (0)
0 (0)
5 (0)

Stevie Reid
15-08-2012, 09:30 AM
I think the problem with players that rely on bullying defenders is that when they're not able to do that they look absolutely hopeless.

I can quite understand why people who saw him at a higher level might be concerned but without blowing smoke up the English games arse too much I'd think that'd it'd be a lot harder to bully an English championship or premiership defender than it would be an SPL defender, I think another comparison would be Kevin Kyle, looked absolutely hopeless down south but able to play his own game up here and was pretty effective, same with Chris Killen who was no speed merchant.

I think he'd be a decent signing if we can get him.

Was just going to make the same point myself, Kyle was hugely effective in the SPL, despite having a much poorer career down south than Kuqi has (Kyle has scored less than half the amount of goals than Kuqi has, but has also played less than half the amount of games).

A guy of his age playing 49 games and scoring 16 goals in a competitive league like he did last season, is very encouraging I think.

ginger_rice
15-08-2012, 09:40 AM
I think he looks pretty good a bit of experience to help the young guys out. Some great hoals on you tube doesnt look like he scores a huge amoint but if he can hold up the ball well then i will be fairly happy.

Are you not a bit old now for that sort of stuff? :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
15-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Kuqi scored 16 goals in 49 games last season.

Oldham (http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1924)
31 Aug, 11
01 Jul, 12
Free
39 (1)
4 (0)
0 (0)
5 (0)

I was talking about league goals, where he scored 11.

JimBHibees
15-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Was just going to make the same point myself, Kyle was hugely effective in the SPL, despite having a much poorer career down south than Kuqi has (Kyle has scored less than half the amount of goals than Kuqi has, but has also played less than half the amount of games).

A guy of his age playing 49 games and scoring 16 goals in a competitive league like he did last season, is very encouraging I think.

Completely if he signs he will do well and his record last season was excellent in terms of number of games he played. Watched a bit of the Oldham / Sheff Wed game on Monday and both looked decent teams who would more than hold their own at SPL level.

Craig_in_Prague
15-08-2012, 12:15 PM
surprised this hasn't been confirmed yet (one way or another).

though I'm sure Rodders has him staying in Edinburgh on his own expense :-))

Golden Bear
15-08-2012, 12:27 PM
surprised this hasn't been confirmed yet (one way or another).

though I'm sure Rodders has him staying in Edinburgh on his own expense :-))

I'm starting to think that no news will be bad news.

ahibby
15-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Think Mixu might be an even better example!!

I heard that once Mixu managed to bring the ball under control, it was murder trying to get it back off him again. Also it was noticable that most of his goals, including his hat trick against Hearts in the 6-2 thrashing, were all one touch goals. He didn't have pace but he had his uses. If Kuqi is as effective in one season that'll do me. Worth one season, I'd say.

darrenmcintosh2
15-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Does any1 know If their has been a medical yet. C'mon rodders get yur finger out

Titch
15-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Anyone know if this is still happening ????

MartinfaePorty
15-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Does any1 know If their has been a medical yet. C'mon rodders get yur finger out

Is Rod conducting a proctology exam? Very thorough!

Wilson
15-08-2012, 01:28 PM

Lol. Didn't realise rod had his hand in that too! :-)

Billy Whizz
15-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Can't see him being paraded round ER on the day of a Scotland game, possibly tomorrow now. Hibs will want maximum publicity

AllyT
15-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Lol. Didn't realise rod had his hand in that too! :-)

Just his finger:greengrin

jodjam
15-08-2012, 01:57 PM

Fear not, Rod will get round this with the "scrabble" lettering system. More unusual letters will cost 4 times the cost of a vowel :greengrin

brog
15-08-2012, 02:13 PM

:top marks I posted earlier that most of my experience of seeing SK was at Palace. I think I said he was moderate, that was a euphemism!! I spoke to several Palace fans at the weekend, they were unanimous in saying we would be crazy to sign him, particularly given our cash shortage. I will be delighted if this doesn't happen.
Re PF, I'd be amazed if he's seen SK in action in last 2 or 3 years, to me this smacks of an agent trying to create interest in a player.

Cabbage_Patch
15-08-2012, 02:43 PM
IMHO This guy reeks of being another Agogo. IE a player in the tail end of his career who is looking for an easy pay cheque in return for little effort. At 35 this guy is passed his prime if he was meant to have done so well at Oldham last season then why isnt he still with them? surerly(although it pains me to say it) they must surely be on a par with us if not better in terms of a wage budget :confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
15-08-2012, 02:44 PM
They couldn't afford him.

Stevie Reid
15-08-2012, 02:45 PM
IMHO This guy reeks of being another Agogo. IE a player in the tail end of his career who is looking for an easy pay cheque in return for little effort. At 35 this guy is passed his prime if he was meant to have done so well at Oldham last season then why isnt he still with them? surerly(although it pains me to say it) they must surely be on a par with us if not better in terms of a wage budget :confused:

They couldn't afford to keep him.

JimBHibees
15-08-2012, 02:45 PM
:top marks I posted earlier that most of my experience of seeing SK was at Palace. I think I said he was moderate, that was a euphemism!! I spoke to several Palace fans at the weekend, they were unanimous in saying we would be crazy to sign him, particularly given our cash shortage. I will be delighted if this doesn't happen.
Re PF, I'd be amazed if he's seen SK in action in last 2 or 3 years, to me this smacks of an agent trying to create interest in a player.

He played 40 games for Oldham last season so why wouldnt he have seen him.

brog
15-08-2012, 03:22 PM

Why would he have? Doubt very much he was on our radar last season or even at beginning of this transfer window. He doesn't fit the template of PF's other signings.

DH1875
15-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Can't see him being paraded round ER on the day of a Scotland game, possibly tomorrow now. Hibs will want maximum publicity

I'd have thought it would have been the perfect time. Will be more cameras and journo's about than normal so maybe a wee bit more publicity.

Because he's no Irish :duck:.

Twas a joke.

Fergus52
15-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Why would he have? Doubt very much he was on our radar last season or even at beginning of this transfer window. He doesn't fit the template of PF's other signings.

What template?

ahibby
15-08-2012, 04:46 PM

It's true that some managers do sign players without having seen them. The one that always springs to mind was made by Graeme Souness for Rankers. He put him straight in to a game on a recommendation and the poor guy had to be pulled about fifteen minutes in to the game and never kicked a ball for them again, quality.:greengrin

MSK
15-08-2012, 04:53 PM
It's true that some managers do sign players without having seen them. The one that always springs to mind was made by Graeme Souness for Rankers. He put him straight in to a game on a recommendation and the poor guy had to be pulled about fifteen minutes in to the game and never kicked a ball for them again, quality.:greengrinWas that no Southampton ..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyI-OfT7zYM

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2012, 04:53 PM
It's true that some managers do sign players without having seen them. The one that always springs to mind was made by Graeme Souness for Rankers. He put him straight in to a game on a recommendation and the poor guy had to be pulled about fifteen minutes in to the game and never kicked a ball for them again, quality.:greengrin

It was Souness at Southampton, mate. The lad claimed to be George Weah's cousin, or something like that :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
15-08-2012, 05:01 PM
It was Souness at Southampton, mate. The lad claimed to be George Weah's cousin, or something like that :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyI-OfT7zYM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2012, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyI-OfT7zYM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The guy was a nutter :greengrin

Zazu62
15-08-2012, 06:01 PM
So has he signed?? yae or nae?? :wink:

AlbertK86
15-08-2012, 06:06 PM
In Finland squad tonite so if happening tomorrow at earliest

Franck Stanton
15-08-2012, 06:11 PM

No he isn't - he has retired from international football. It is his brother that is in the Finland squad.

AlbertK86
15-08-2012, 06:12 PM
No he isn't - he has retired from international football. It is his brother that is in the Finland squad.

Ok ... Apologies. Never realised he had a brother !!

Hopefully he's signed and away watching his brother !!

machibby
15-08-2012, 06:15 PM

It's his brother Njazi Kuqi

steakbake
15-08-2012, 06:18 PM

There hasn't been this much confusion since the Showumni brothers.

wazoo1875
15-08-2012, 06:20 PM
It's his brother Njazi Kuqi

Quite an unfortunate christian name that, almost very unfortunate!

Aldo
15-08-2012, 06:43 PM
He may of already signed and we maybe waiting for others to sign also before the end of the week. Just speculating mind.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-08-2012, 06:49 PM
He may of already signed and we maybe waiting for others to sign also before the end of the week. Just speculating mind.

Look straws! And more straws!! Better hold on to these tight! :greengrin

Or maybe your right, who knows

Aldo
15-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Look straws! And more straws!! Better hold on to these tight! :greengrin

Or maybe your right, who knows

Just Thot I'd add a twist (the devil I am!!!)

Squealing pig
15-08-2012, 07:55 PM
So has he signed?? yae or nae?? :wink:

Answer the man.

SMAXXA
15-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Answer the man.

Nes or is it Yo????
:dunno:

jacomo
15-08-2012, 09:03 PM

Can we sign him instead? Desperate for a Kuqi.

SMAXXA
15-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Can we sign him instead? Desperate for a Kuqi.

2 of them and Kujabi..........................Kuqi Kuqi Ku :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
15-08-2012, 09:21 PM
This thread is getting dull.

Let me know when it's over

blaikie
15-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Harewood, Caddis and Kuqi announced tomorrow? We can wish!

SteveHFC
15-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Harewood, Caddis and Kuqi announced tomorrow? We can wish!

Harewood, Caddis and Kuqi you say :greengrin

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7bbvbTolx1rr6x4t.gif

Hermit Crab
15-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Harewood, Caddis and Kuqi you say :greengrin

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7bbvbTolx1rr6x4t.gif

Harewood has signed for Barnsley

SteveHFC
15-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Harewood has signed for Barnsley

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/what.png :greengrin

Too far with the gif

London Hibs FC
15-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Quite an unfortunate christian name that, almost very unfortunate!

Not a 'Christian' name though is it :wink:

In all seriousness though, how on earth do you pronounce that?!?!?

Pedantic_Hibee
15-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Not a 'Christian' name though is it :wink:

In all seriousness though, how on earth do you pronounce that?!?!?

It's pronounced Njazi ;)

Crazyhorse
16-08-2012, 12:14 AM

I went along to the game to watch Kuqi (our one I thought) and McPake play. For some reason McPake didn't play, the two centre halfs who did play were pretty dire so not sure what O'Neill was thinking.

Aldo
16-08-2012, 05:57 AM
I went along to the game to watch Kuqi (our one I thought) and McPake play. For some reason McPake didn't play, the two centre halfs who did play were pretty dire so not sure what O'Neill was thinking.

That'll do for me. Can do without McPake getting injured in a meaningless friendly

matty_f
16-08-2012, 07:36 AM
That'll do for me. Can do without McPake getting injured in a meaningless friendly

:agree:

lord bunberry
16-08-2012, 08:19 AM
It's pronounced Njazi ;)

Which in finnish means njazi :greengrin

Juice-Terry
16-08-2012, 08:22 AM
I belive 'Kuqi' is pronounced 'Kuchi'...could be wrong of course.

Brightside
16-08-2012, 08:41 AM
it would be a Cooo to get him.

Wilson
16-08-2012, 08:59 AM

Yeah you are wrong. You've been listening to too many mealy mouthed commentators.

It is 'cookie'. If he signs he'll be the Kuqi monster. Anything else would just take the biscuit.

Elephant Stone
16-08-2012, 08:59 AM

Yup.

ScottB
16-08-2012, 09:06 AM

Fat Ronaldo?

Fat Ronaldo would still tear up the SPL!

Wilson
16-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Fat Ronaldo would still tear up the SPL!

... and eat it most likely.

500miles
16-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Posted this on Transfer Rumours page..... might be better on here....
Quotes from Kuqi in a Swedish(seems to be the language, don't know if it's very similar to Finnish?) report.

http://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2012/0...till-hibernian

Translated by Google.

The striker Shefki Kuqi will continue his playing career in Scotland. The 34-year-old Kuqi is on the slide to Hibernian.

The season 2011-2012 was Kuqi 11 goals for Oldham in League One. He has during his years in the English league system has made over 100 goals.

- I would rather Scotland than the lower divisions in England. Hiberian really wanted me, so now I'm really psyched, Kuqi said in a statement.

On Thursday Kuqi undergo a medical examination with his new club, before the matter is clear.

Before Kuqi also Finns Mixu Paatelainen, Jarkko Wiss and Jonathan Johansson played for the Edinburgh club.