PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Shefki Kuqi (1 Year Deal Confirmed)

Pages : 1 [2]

Northernhibee
16-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Posted this on Transfer Rumours page..... might be better on here....
Quotes from Kuqi in a Swedish(seems to be the language, don't know if it's very similar to Finnish?) report.

http://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2012/0...till-hibernian

Translated by Google.

The striker Shefki Kuqi will continue his playing career in Scotland. The 34-year-old Kuqi is on the slide to Hibernian.

The season 2011-2012 was Kuqi 11 goals for Oldham in League One. He has during his years in the English league system has made over 100 goals.

- I would rather Scotland than the lower divisions in England. Hiberian really wanted me, so now I'm really psyched, Kuqi said in a statement.

On Thursday Kuqi undergo a medical examination with his new club, before the matter is clear.

Before Kuqi also Finns Mixu Paatelainen, Jarkko Wiss and Jonathan Johansson played for the Edinburgh club.

:greengrin

--------
16-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Posted this on Transfer Rumours page..... might be better on here....
Quotes from Kuqi in a Swedish(seems to be the language, don't know if it's very similar to Finnish?) report.

http://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2012/0...till-hibernian

Translated by Google.

The striker Shefki Kuqi will continue his playing career in Scotland. The 34-year-old Kuqi is on the slide to Hibernian.

The season 2011-2012 was Kuqi 11 goals for Oldham in League One. He has during his years in the English league system has made over 100 goals.

- I would rather Scotland than the lower divisions in England. Hiberian really wanted me, so now I'm really psyched, Kuqi said in a statement.

On Thursday Kuqi undergo a medical examination with his new club, before the matter is clear.

Before Kuqi also Finns Mixu Paatelainen, Jarkko Wiss and Jonathan Johansson played for the Edinburgh club.

"On the slide"? Are we THAT bad already? :rolleyes:

If he genuinely HAS made a decision to come to the SPL rather than a lower-league team in England, fair enough. And it makes sense that he wouldn't be announced until after a medical.

Pity - whoever wrote that was doing so well - and then he had to mention Wiss and Johansson ....

Juice-Terry
16-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Correct translation (although the Google version is pretty accurate):

Forward Shefki Kuqi will continue his playing career in Scotland. 34-year old Kuqi is on his way to Hibernian. Kuqi scored elven goals for Oldham in League One during the 2011-2012 season. He has scored more then 100 goals during his time in the English leagues.
"I'd rather play in Scotland than the lower divisions in England. Hibernian really wanted me, so I'm very excited right now" says Kuqi in a press release. Kuqi will go through a medical on Thursday before the matter is concluded. Prior to Kuqi, Finns Mixu Paatelainen, Jarkko Wiss och Jonathan Johansson have also played for the Edinburgh club.

I knew my Swedish langauge skills would come in handy on .net at some point....

'Mon the Cabbage!

Juice-Terry
16-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Correct translation (although the Google version is pretty accurate):

Forward Shefki Kuqi will continue his playing career in Scotland. 34-year old Kuqi is on his way to Hibernian. Kuqi scored elven goals for Oldham in League One during the 2011-2012 season. He has scored more then 100 goals during his time in the English leagues.
"I'd rather play in Scotland than the lower divisions in England. Hibernian really wanted me, so I'm very excited right now" says Kuqi in a press release. Kuqi will go through a medical on Thursday before the matter is concluded. Prior to Kuqi, Finns Mixu Paatelainen, Jarkko Wiss och Jonathan Johansson have also played for the Edinburgh club.

I knew my Swedish langauge skills would come in handy on .net at some point....

'Mon the Cabbage!

*more than
*than in the lower
(sorry)

brog
16-08-2012, 02:32 PM
*more than
*than in the lower
(sorry)

If he's signed I'll support him but I'm sorry to say I think he'll be more Sodje than Sauzee. Hope I'm wrong but I'm distintly underwhelmed.

Mikey
16-08-2012, 02:39 PM
If he's signed I'll support him but I'm sorry to say I think he'll be more Sodje than Sauzee. Hope I'm wrong but I'm distintly underwhelmed.

:tub4:

SaulGoodman
16-08-2012, 02:42 PM

Well I'm sorry but we've been crying out for a tall powerful striker and Ibrahimovic turned us down..

EskbankHibby
16-08-2012, 03:47 PM
*more than
*than in the lower
(sorry)

Unforgivable vocab error:greengrin, cheers for the translation by the way.:aok:

EskbankHibby
16-08-2012, 03:51 PM

Time will tell i suppose mate but we need to support him. After the Dundee UTD game i thought we were crying out for a target man and here he is (if indeed he does arrive).

After reading about how good he is for the dressing room and how he goes about his business i'm hoping he's more Budgie-esque.

GreenCastle
16-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Sodje did a job for Hibs and always gave his all :agree:

Macaroon
16-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Sodje did a job for Hibs and always gave his all :agree:

People forget that he actually went on a pretty decent run of form for us. If it wasn't for that unforgivable miss at Pittodrie when CRAIG THOMPSON gave that penalty away I would still quite like big Akpo. But that miss had me absolutely seething.

HibsMax
16-08-2012, 04:08 PM

If you're so sorry, why even make the pessimistic prediction in the first place? Is it so you can come back and say, "told you so"? Genuine question, not trying to be a dick. I just don't understand why people are so willing to write off players before they've even kicked a ball for us (if he even signs). Fenlons other signings seem to have been pretty good so far. Why the fear that he's f'ed up this time?

brog
16-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Time will tell i suppose mate but we need to support him. After the Dundee UTD game i thought we were crying out for a target man and here he is (if indeed he does arrive).Agreed, but I would rather have had Beattie, younger & far more mobile.After reading about how good he is for the dressing room and how he goes about his business i'm hoping he's more Budgie-esque.Unfortunately, down here, at Palace, the story was he was extremely disruptive in the dressing room, mainly thru his wage demands.

HibsMax
16-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Time will tell i suppose mate but we need to support him. After the Dundee UTD game i thought we were crying out for a target man and here he is (if indeed he does arrive).

After reading about how good he is for the dressing room and how he goes about his business i'm hoping he's more Budgie-esque.

This may well be much more important than what he does on the pitch. OK, not quite, but since there's been "something" wrong at Hibs for years now, I am delighted that we're taking measures to make sure that the malaise doesn't have a chance to settle in again. If he is only so-so on the pitch but is a true leader / general behind the scenes i.e., the type of player who can get the very best out of other players, then that'll do for me.

HibsMax
16-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately, down here, at Palace, the story was he was extremely disruptive in the dressing room, mainly thru his wage demands.

I have to assume that he is very clear on what is on offer at Hibs. If he signs for us and then starts to complain about his wages then that would be disappointing indeed. Hopefully he knows enough about the SPL and Hibs to know that he's not going to be earning a huge wedge.

Hibstrooper
16-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Unfortunately, down here, at Palace, the story was he was extremely disruptive in the dressing room, mainly thru his wage demands.

He must have matured then because the Newcastle fans I've asked said whilst he was a limited player he was superb in the dressing room and well liked by players, management and press alike

Beefster
16-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Well I'm sorry but we've been crying out for a tall powerful striker and Ibrahimovic turned us down..

I don't think we were even in for Ibrahimovic. Another player we've missed.

brog
16-08-2012, 04:34 PM
If you're so sorry, why even make the pessimistic prediction in the first place? Is it so you can come back and say, "told you so"? Genuine question, not trying to be a dick. I just don't understand why people are so willing to write off players before they've even kicked a ball for us (if he even signs). Fenlons other signings seem to have been pretty good so far. Why the fear that he's f'ed up this time?Sorry, ( there I've done it again ) but its because I watched him at Palace for 3 years & he was slow & awful then. He was a joke figure & that was 2 or 3 years ago. I'm very supportive of PF ( with the caveat re some selections below ) & his signings to date but this smacks of short term desperation. If you go through this thread you'll see there are 2 posters who regularly saw him at CP & we're both saying the same thing. It's not so I can say "told you so", more a desperate & almost certainly futile attempt to prevent it happening. I did the same before a certain game when I posted a few times that PK should not be near the starting line up. I was genuinely fearful & with good cause. In this case I'm concerned for our team's stability & PF's future if his judgement is shown to be wrong. There are already serious questions over his selections of PK & DS.

dmc1875
16-08-2012, 04:36 PM

PETRIE!!! :grr:

dmc1875
16-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Sorry, ( there I've done it again ) but its because I watched him at Palace for 3 years & he was slow & awful then. He was a joke figure & that was 2 or 3 years ago. I'm very supportive of PF ( with the caveat re some selections below ) & his signings to date but this smacks of short term desperation. If you go through this thread you'll see there are 2 posters who regularly saw him at CP & we're both saying the same thing. It's not so I can say "told you so", more a desperate & almost certainly futile attempt to prevent it happening. I did the same before a certain game when I posted a few times that PK should not be near the starting line up. I was genuinely fearful & with good cause. In this case I'm concerned for our team's stability & PF's future if his judgement is shown to be wrong. There are already serious questions over his selections of PK & DS.

He seems to score goals though looking at his previous clubs. He got 16 last season in league 1 and some of them seem rattlers. From what I remember of watching him he clearly does have some ability.

So what if he is slow? He won't be coming in to be a speed merchant!

One Day Soon
16-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Not 'Hibs class' Shirley?

Bostonhibby
16-08-2012, 04:49 PM

It was because we wanted him to appear as a trialist against East Fife, who knows what might have happened if we'd just taken a chance.

lord bunberry
16-08-2012, 04:57 PM
It was because we wanted him to appear as a trialist against East Fife, who knows what might have happened if we'd just taken a chance.

He would have signed for st johnstone :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
16-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Looks like it has gone pear shaped

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19288541

killie-hibby
16-08-2012, 05:22 PM

Maybe he's nipped home for a clean shirt.

Lurks
16-08-2012, 05:25 PM

That's the way the kuqi crumbles I'm afraid.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2012, 05:26 PM
That's the way the kuqi crumbles I'm afraid.

:greengrin :top marks

dmc1875
16-08-2012, 05:27 PM

Don't know what/who to believe. So many articles say that he has agreed terms (even some quoting him) then we have this.

Unless maybe the BBC interview was done this morning and things have progressed since?

Aubenas
16-08-2012, 05:31 PM
If for whatever reason Hibs are delaying the announcement, there wasn't much else Fenlon could have said without er announcing the signing. :dunno:

Famous5forever
16-08-2012, 05:42 PM

So we still not have signed a striker to play alongside Lee and not long to go till window closes looks like it will be a last min panic although i buy again hope no just sayin

Lurks
16-08-2012, 05:43 PM
1838 FOOTBALL Hibernian are still hoping to sign former Blackburn and Oldham striker Shefki Kuqi, 35, who played for Finland in Wednesday's 3-3 draw with Northern Ireland. Manager Pat Fenlon said: "We have started talking and will seehow we progress, we may not have the deal done by the weekend but we will keep trying."
Still on according to BBC, although they've reported him as playing last night as well.

Bostonhibby
16-08-2012, 05:46 PM
If for whatever reason Hibs are delaying the announcement, there wasn't much else Fenlon could have said without er announcing the signing. :dunno:

:agree: No really sure its a new story at all, it basically says that a guy who lives in England who was in Scotland about a possible job has went home. Even if he had signed and announcement was deferred, or there were terms still to be agreed what were they expecting? him to hang around Edinburgh since Sunday - who was going to pay for the hotel? RP? and maybe he just preferred to go home until resolved?

London Hibs FC
16-08-2012, 05:53 PM
:agree: No really sure its a new story at all, it basically says that a guy who lives in England who was in Scotland about a possible job has went home. Even if he had signed and announcement was deferred, or there were terms still to be agreed what were they expecting? him to hang around Edinburgh since Sunday - who was going to pay for the hotel? RP? and maybe he just preferred to go home until resolved?

That's how I read it too Boston :agree:

MSK
16-08-2012, 05:54 PM
1838 FOOTBALL Hibernian are still hoping to sign former Blackburn and Oldham striker Shefki Kuqi, 35, who played for Finland in Wednesday's 3-3 draw with Northern Ireland. Manager Pat Fenlon said: "We have started talking and will seehow we progress, we may not have the deal done by the weekend but we will keep trying."
Still on according to BBC, although they've reported him as playing last night as well.He didnt play v Northern Ireland ..

Lurks
16-08-2012, 05:56 PM
He didnt play v Northern Ireland ..

I know, just some lazy reporting from the BBC.

steakbake
16-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I belive 'Kuqi' is pronounced 'Kuchi'...could be wrong of course.

As in "Pass to Kuqi from the Left Hand Side"?

Musical Youth fans ken whit's goin oan. I've always wanted a chant at ER which matches the musical greatness of Musical Youth.

LancsHibs
16-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I know, just some lazy reporting from the BBC.

So therefore anything else the BBC have to say on the subject has no credibility!

MSK
16-08-2012, 06:10 PM
So therefore anything else the BBC have to say on the subject has no credibility!:agree:

goosefat
16-08-2012, 06:25 PM

Stop calling me Shirley...

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-08-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't think we will sign him.

I think Fenlon has reservations about him.

NB: THIS IS NOT SUBSTANTIATED AND I DONT HAVE A SOURCE, JUST HYPOTHESISING.

Lurks
16-08-2012, 06:56 PM
So therefore anything else the BBC have to say on the subject has no credibility!

I think it renders the whole of the BBC untrustworthy! :p

Ryan69
16-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Has it even been confirmed anywhere were even after this guy?
Maybe he was up for the festival and fancied watching the game? Ive not read anywhere that hes even training with us!
Just find it strange that it takes so long to tie up the deal....as unless he signs tonight then dont think hed even be available for the the weekend! I mean surely we want to get players in asap.
or is it just another RUMOUR and only a rumour.

bingo70
16-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Has it even been confirmed anywhere were even after this guy?
Maybe he was up for the festival and fancied watching the game? Ive not read anywhere that hes even training with us!
Just find it strange that it takes so long to tie up the deal....as unless he signs tonight then dont think hed even be available for the the weekend! I mean surely we want to get players in asap.
or is it just another RUMOUR and only a rumour.

Fenlon has confirmed he's after him

Ryan69
16-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Fenlon has confirmed he's after him

Not doubting you but where has he confirmed this.
If you mean post match interview....it could also be interpreted as laughed it off also.

scoopyboy
16-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Not doubting you but where has he confirmed this.
If you mean post match interview....it could also be interpreted as laughed it off also.

BBC website from earlier tonight.

see #274

Ryan69
16-08-2012, 07:36 PM
BBC website from earlier tonight.

see #274

Did it quote Fenlons words...or like the past few posts,can we not trust bbc content?

Im not trying tobe doubtful here...just cant see any confirmations of interest or confirmation that the guys even training with us.
Im pretty sure this is a no goer!

scoopyboy
16-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Did it quote Fenlons words...or like the past few posts,can we not trust bbc content?

Im not trying tobe doubtful here...just cant see any confirmations of interest or confirmation that the guys even training with us.
Im pretty sure this is a no goer!

Its not been confirmed he's been training with us for one simple reason, he hasn't been.

Ryan69
16-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Im on my mobi,but think the one you mean is Fenlon not giving up on Kuqi...and nowhere does he mention him,only saying he has targets.

R'Albin
16-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Hopefully he doesn't leave me looking like a total twat and go elsewhere, but, here's some clips of Shefki Kuqi anyway. The guy doesn't seem to score bad goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3QXJOdXnjY

Finishes @ 2:20 for whatever reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBVgMskctpI

And finally, here's him singing with Robbie Savage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYmlvcf7YJw

Really hope we do manage to get him :agree:

Edit - only 1 embedded video per post? That sucks.

Kato
16-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't think we will sign him.

I think Fenlon has reservations about him.

NB: THIS IS NOT SUBSTANTIATED AND I DONT HAVE A SOURCE, JUST HYPOTHESISING.

So it's an insight into you rather than into what's going on in the real world.

Northernhibee
16-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Maybe (and I put my tin hat on as it's this baseless speculation that becomes .net gospel) it's about wages.

Fenlon says I'm prepared to offer you x, and Kuqi goes I want y, trying to play the game and squeeze a few more pennies out of the deal.

PF says fine, I'm only prepared to offer you this, Kuqi heads back to his home in England waiting for us to crumble and offer him the deal, but PF goes "Don't sign for us if you don't want to, I have other options" forcing Kuqi's hand, take the original deal or take nothing.

UTTER SPECULATION WITH NO FACT BEHIND IT, I HOPE THE FIRST POSTER TO STATE THIS AS SOLID GOLD FACT FINDS A JOBBY IN THEIR PIE.

scoopyboy
17-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Kuqi got his medical last night at East Mains.

Lucius Apuleius
17-08-2012, 06:08 AM

Good news Scoops. Now we are Kuqing with gas!!!!!

stokesmessiah
17-08-2012, 06:45 AM

Did he pass it?

SouthMoroccoStu
17-08-2012, 07:00 AM

Good news if true.

Will be too late for Saturdays squad but the big target man is exactly what we re missing

MSK
17-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Good news if true.

Will be too late for Saturdays squad but the big target man is exactly what we re missingHow will it be too late ..?

SouthMoroccoStu
17-08-2012, 07:14 AM
How will it be too late ..?

To register him.

Same happened with Deegan.

But he was signed on a Saturday. So maybes aye, maybes no :cb

scoopyboy
17-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Did he pass it?

Don't know that bit I'm afraid.

scoopyboy
Good news if true.
Will be too late for Saturdays squad but the big target man is exactly what we re missing

I forgive you my friend.

As he's a free agent I think it may be registered in time for Paisley.

JimBHibees
Good news if true.

I would have thought he could be registered today and play tomorrow though whether he is fit to play may be another thing.

Speedway
17-08-2012, 07:21 AM
I would have thought he could be registered today and play tomorrow though whether he is fit to play may be another thing.

Fenlon is playing this summer very well.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-08-2012, 07:21 AM
I forgive you my friend.

As he's a free agent I think it may be registered in time for Paisley.

When it's announced on the official site I will refer to you as the wise all knowing scoopyboy

Until then.......:wink:

Mikey
17-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Confirmed................

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120816/hibernian-sign-kuqi_2262950_2887405

SMAXXA
17-08-2012, 07:30 AM

Totally agree mate

Cabbage East
17-08-2012, 07:31 AM
He has signed on a one year deal, just got a text from the club now.

Hainan Hibs
17-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Good stuff, will add something new to the team and is the type of player we need.

hibby67
17-08-2012, 07:34 AM
official on twitter 1 year deal

Craig_in_Prague
17-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Welcome to the Hibees!!!!!! the Kuqi monster!

GGTTH

IWasThere2016
17-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Confirmed................

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120816/hibernian-sign-kuqi_2262950_2887405

Thank goodness for that!! :greengrin

Welcome Kuqi Monster! :thumbsup:

:pfgwa

SouthMoroccoStu
When it's announced on the official site I will refer to you as the wise all knowing scoopyboy

Until then.......:wink:

Thank you wise all knowing scoopyboy

Welcome to the club big man:flag:

VickMackie
Good to have him signed.

Beefster
17-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Cult in the making.

IWasThere2016
17-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Cult in the making.

This.

WellingtonHibby
17-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Can he play Saturday then?

basehibby
17-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Welcome Shefi & well done Pat :thumbsup:

Got a feeling this will be a good move for all concerned.

LeighLoyal
17-08-2012, 07:49 AM
kuqi monster to be unleashed on the Buddies?

JimBHibees
17-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Cult in the making.

Glad you took care with your spelling there. :greengrin

#FromTheCapital
17-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Welcome to Hibernian big man. Sounds like the kind of player we need, can't wait to see the celebration:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
17-08-2012, 07:53 AM

Agree he is doing well for a guy that can only sign LOI players. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
17-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Welcome big guy I'm looking forward to seeing that celebration lol

500miles
17-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Now repeat after me......

K is for Kuqi, he plays for the Hibees,
Oh Kuqi, Kuqi, Kuqi plays for Hibs!

To the tune of..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovQyphS8kA

Judas Iscariot
17-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Very happy with this :agree:

Welcome to the Hibees big guy :flag:

In Pat we trust :pfgwa

EskbankHibby
17-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Cult in the making.

No need for that............oh sorry, cult.

MSK
17-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Welcome big man ...:hibees

lucky
17-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Another decent signing. Wonder how many more?

SouthMoroccoStu
17-08-2012, 08:07 AM
now repeat after me......

K is for kuqi, he plays for the hibees,
k is for kuqi, he plays for the hibees,
k is for kuqi, he plays for the hibees,
oh kuqi, kuqi, kuqi plays for hibs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bovqyphs8ka

:lol::lol::lol:

Amazing shout!!!!

Judas Iscariot
17-08-2012, 08:08 AM

I'd like another 4, I reckon 2 at most is more realistic...

SouthMoroccoStu
17-08-2012, 08:08 AM

Winger and midfielder and we ll be good :flag:

Dave-O
17-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Very happy with this signing, big strong barsteward that can hold the ball up,

think sparky will benefit from this as will the midfield. :aok:

Saorsa
17-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Just what we needed tae compliment the strikers we have

welcome tae Hibs :flag::pfgwa:flag:

BEEJ
17-08-2012, 08:12 AM
:singing:
One tough cookie,
Shefki is one tough cookie,
One tough coooookie,
Shefki is one tough coooookie!

Welcome to ER, Shefki. :flag:

Hibbyradge
17-08-2012, 08:14 AM
If he's half as good as the last Finnish centre forward we had, he'll do for me!

scoopyboy
17-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Thank you wise all knowing scoopyboy

Welcome to the club big man:flag:

Noticed the article on the official website was dated 16th so it was written last night and posted this morning.

PeterboroHibee
17-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Welcome to the club. Not sure I really get this signing, but always good to see new guys coming in, and hopefully he turns out to be the missing option we need upfront.

Just_Jimmy
17-08-2012, 08:16 AM
If he's half as good as the last Finnish centre forward we had, he'll do for me!

Johansen?

Part/Time Supporter
17-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Johansen?

He played as a (very indifferent) right winger for Hibs. The highlight of his time with Hibs was scoring for Finland against Wales and getting right on Craig Bellamy's tits.

Heisenberg
17-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Should hopefully be a good partner for Sparky and provide a better physical presence than what we've got at the minute. Welcome aboard big man.

Famous5forever
17-08-2012, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=too_many_djs;3330315]Welcome to the club. Not sure I really get this signing, but always good to see new guys coming in, and hopefully he turns out to be the missing option we need

Lets hope he scores as many goals as GOC Did if he does ill be well chuffed:flag:

hibsbollah
17-08-2012, 08:28 AM
The really important question is;
how do you pronounce it :dunno:
Is it Kuqi as in 'cookie monster' or Kuqi as in 'hoochie coochie man'?

JimBHibees
17-08-2012, 08:30 AM

Think it is the 'hoochie coochie man' one. :greengrin

Northernhibee
17-08-2012, 08:31 AM

I believe it's Coochie.

However that's not good for songs so he'd better get used to cookie :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Welcome big man...now go get em!...

:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
Mcpake tweeting that he played against kuqi at swansea and he was a handful, and he cant wait ti do tge 'dive' celebration with him.

#mcpakemancrush

leithsansiro
I hope this turns out to be a good deal for Hibs, the big man can maybe be a Mixu/Brewster-type support role up front. I just hope he doesn't see Hibs as one last pay day...

Anyway, welcome to Hibs Shefki!

Speedway
17-08-2012, 08:38 AM

His name is abbreviated in the way Mixu's is. Shefkiginger O'Kuqpatrick is what he was Christened as.

Houchy
17-08-2012, 08:38 AM

:not worth I actually had tears in my eyes laughing at the thought of all the hibs fans singing this.:agree::top marks

Aldo
17-08-2012, 08:46 AM

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovQyphS8kA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovQyphS8kA)

Priceless!!

Kojock
17-08-2012, 08:48 AM

He has an Irish granny though. :wink:

Steve-O
17-08-2012, 08:51 AM

:faf:

Kojock
17-08-2012, 08:57 AM
:not worth I actually had tears in my eyes laughing at the thought of all the hibs fans singing this.:agree::top marks

Near the end of the vid, Im positive the two at the back are the Sect 43 regulars Bouncerross and his mate. :na na:

EdinMike
17-08-2012, 08:59 AM

This is gonna be in my head all day now !!!

J-C
Welcome to the club. Not sure I really get this signing, but always good to see new guys coming in, and hopefully he turns out to be the missing option we need upfront.

Experienced, big, strong, able to hold the ball up and can chip in with 10-12 goals a season, what is there not to get. :confused:

Welcome big guy, you've done well where ever you've gone, SPL will be a doddle for you. :greengrin

Northernhibee
His name is abbreviated in the way Mixu's is. Shefkiginger O'Kuqpatrick is what he was Christened as.

These LOI joked need to be Finnished.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Muppets. :wink:

Northernhibee
17-08-2012, 09:05 AM

I'm just delighted he was granted a work kermit.

scoopyboy
17-08-2012, 09:07 AM
:singing:
One tough cookie,
Shefki is one tough cookie,
One tough coooookie,
Shefki is one tough coooookie!

Welcome to ER, Shefki. :flag:

You still got that list BEEJ?

Cabbage_Patch
17-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Glad this deal has finally been done. All the best to the big guy :thumbsup:

Im guessing he wont be in the squad for tomorrows game though?

Lmc2105
17-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Don't know if anyone is watching Sky Sports this morning! but i just saw a goal Shefki scored! oafffft he does that at tynie LEGEND status!!:greengrin

Welcome to the club big man! Good luck :thumbsup::not worth

paul_hfc3
17-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Pleased with him signing. Video evidence below proves how good a player he is. The famous Belly Flop celebration included :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkg2h7XRAAQ

Steve-O
17-08-2012, 09:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3QXJOdXnjY&feature=related - some good goals here, most of them scored virtually out of nothing from a big punt up the park...we know he can look forward to that! :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
17-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Experienced, big, strong, able to hold the ball up and can chip in with 10-12 goals a season, what is there not to get. :confused:

Welcome big guy, you've done well where ever you've gone, SPL will be a doddle for you. :greengrin

If he scores that many goals then fine, but his scoring record is patchy at best (averaging approx 5 goals a season), so thats hardly guaranteed. Also, if all we seem to be looking for is someone who is big and able to hold the ball up, is there noone from say the SFL that we could sign on a longer term contract and probably on significantly lower wages.

Like I say, I hope it does work out, and I really hope he doesnt turn out to be another one of these flops we seemed to enjoy picking up over the last few years.

Northernhibee
17-08-2012, 09:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3QXJOdXnjY&feature=related - some good goals here, most of them scored virtually out of nothing from a big punt up the park...we know he can look forward to that! :greengrin

Him and Sparky will be a frightening combo up front, Sparky has the technical ability to take the ball to feet and do something with it, Kuqi will win the battles in the air - hope the two click as it could well offer a lot of goals that partnership up front.

Even if we get one season out of Kuqi, hopefully Sparky, Doyle and Caldwell will all learn a lot from him.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-08-2012, 09:32 AM
If he scores that many goals then fine, but his scoring record is patchy at best (averaging approx 5 goals a season), so thats hardly guaranteed. Also, if all we seem to be looking for is someone who is big and able to hold the ball up, is there noone from say the SFL that we could sign on a longer term contract and probably on significantly lower wages.

Like I say, I hope it does work out, and I really hope he doesnt turn out to be another one of these flops we seemed to enjoy picking up over the last few years.

I get the impression he's not here to score goals per se. He's there to bring on the youngsters, be a positive impact in the dressing room and most importantly, absolutely batter centre backs out the way allowing the likes of Sparky/Doyle etc to motor through on goal.

Although if we get to see his belly flop celebration I'll cry tears of joy.

paul_hfc3
17-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Here's another one, this is a video calibration of loads of his goals. Looks like another class, Very promising!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6xf7qKLwiQ

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Can he play tomorrow?

MUPPET
17-08-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm just delighted he was granted a work kermit.

Hoy!

PeterboroHibee
17-08-2012, 09:43 AM
I get the impression he's not here to score goals per se. He's there to bring on the youngsters, be a positive impact in the dressing room and most importantly, absolutely batter centre backs out the way allowing the likes of Sparky/Doyle etc to motor through on goal.

Although if we get to see his belly flop celebration I'll cry tears of joy.

Yeah I accept that. But it does put a lot of pressure on Griffiths who is our only proven goalscorer.

Northern Hibby
17-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Williams

Mcpake

Deegan

Kuqi

At last we have a spine :thumbsup:

Wilson
17-08-2012, 09:49 AM

Avoiding such flops is why Pat has been quite deliberate in his signings. No panic buying.

Not every signing will work out for the best - for whom does it ever? Any that don't it wont be for the lack of consideration on Pat's part.

Quite obviously Kuqi is not in it for the long haul. Why is that a bad thing? Too often we've tied up 'young potential' on longer contracts with one of Rod's beady eyes on the potential sell on value. This potential invariably turns out to be a young dud that we can't get shot of. For a change we're getting in the experience and character we need at the time we need it.

I'm happy with Pat's signings so far and would trust his judgement with this one as well.

Phil MaGlass
17-08-2012, 09:51 AM
I was a wee bit worried over the last few weeks that we hadnt brought enough solidity in, looks like we have the makings of a decent team there, one or two more signings will do the trick now. They may need a couple of weeks to gel, but the signs are good.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Williams

Mcpake

Deegan

Kuqi

At last we have a spine :thumbsup:

Good point.

Let's just hope they can all stay fit, and stay on the park!

Sergio sledge
17-08-2012, 09:55 AM

Since starting at Helsinki in 1997 he has averaged 35 games per season and 9.4 goals per season in 14 seasons. (This doesn't include 6 months spent at FC Jokerit and 6 months spent at Koblenz FC where there is no appearance data or scoring data available on soccerbase) He averages 0.27 goals per game. He comes to us off a season where he played 49 games and scored 16 goals.

If he can continue his average for us this season and helps take a bit of the pressure off Griffiths whilst helping the youngsters learn in the same way Brewster and Mixu did, then he will be a success IMHO.

Edit, I just checked Wikipedia and it has his appearance data for Koblenz and FC Jokerit (plus slightly different appearance stats, perhaps including friendlies) Using Wikipedia's figures, over a 15 year career, he has played 565 club games (37.6 per season) scoring 160 goals (10.6 per season) averaging 0.28 goals per game.

Onceinawhile
17-08-2012, 09:56 AM

He was in sesame street.

down-the-slope
17-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Near the end of the vid, Im positive the two at the back are the Sect 43 regulars Bouncerross and his mate. :na na:

:tee hee:

Bucket collection for Ross to get Kuqi Monster costume :aok:

Squealing pig
17-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Welcome. No expecting more than 20 goals.

Northernhibee
17-08-2012, 10:17 AM
He was in sesame street.

Hibs have the Kuqi monster, Hertz have big bird:

http://img.tapatalk.com/02789320-625e-4c52.jpg

Famous5forever
17-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Paddys Signings in this window so far.

1. Alan Maybury.
2. Gary Deegan.
3. James McPake
4. Tim Clancy.
5. Paul Cairney.
6. Ben Williams.
7. Leigh Griffiths.
8. Shefki Kuqi.

I Still think we need at least another 2 still time to go window not closed for a few weeks :aok:

juniorhibbee
17-08-2012, 10:23 AM
The teams starting to look half decent now and on paper it's starting to look like a top six side. If this team gels together well I think we will have a comfortable season

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 10:25 AM

:faf:

Aldo
17-08-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't think PF has brought in Kuqi for is scoring prowess but to provide a bit of a physical presence. Think he will get at least 5.

aussie_hibee
17-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I can just see the whole of the east doing this...! Lol

Oh shefki shefki kuqi
Oh shefki shefki kuqi
Oh shefki shefki kuqi
Knees bent arms stretched
ra ra ra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbUWw8PJf1M&sns=em

HibeeN
17-08-2012, 10:40 AM

This has to be done! :thumbsup: Over to you, Section 43 :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
17-08-2012, 10:46 AM

http://youtu.be/0A5t5_O8hdA

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2012, 10:46 AM
We should get Deegan to do the Ra Ra Ra bit. Maybe no though.

Albanian Hibs
17-08-2012, 10:54 AM

Will ask the husband how it's pronounced since Kuqi was born in Kosovo

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Michael Higdon at Motherwell is slow hardy the most mobile and hardly prolific, unless its against us. :wink: We'd take him at the club at the minute, Kuqi has a better touch and shot, and is as mobile as him.

He's obviously a short term signing, but if he can improve us, and help our other forwards get involved in the game further up the pitch, then its a signing i think we'd all like?

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 11:05 AM
I have always pronounced it like 'Koochy'

Northernhibee
17-08-2012, 11:05 AM

1. Alan Maybury.
2. Gary Deegan.
3. James McPake
4. Tim Clancy.
5. Paul Cairney.
6. Ben Williams.
7. Leigh Griffiths.
8. Shefki Kuqi.

I Still think we need at least another 2 still time to go window not closed for a few weeks :aok:

I think what's pleasing is that they're also the first eight names you'd put in the starting eleven, Paddy has really strengthened us as a unit and given us far more options on how to play.

Compare that with Thornhill, O'Hanlon, Agogo etc. and the difference is night and day.

I'll stick my neck out and say that Kuqi will get at least fifteen goals this season.

Vault Boy
17-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Great news!

We now have:
-Speed and strength upfront
-Big tacklers in midfield
-A stable defence
-A forward passer in midfield

A couple of wingers with some skill and natural ability, we will have a much, much better side :thumbsup:

rcarter1
17-08-2012, 11:11 AM

1. Alan Maybury.
2. Gary Deegan.
3. James McPake
4. Tim Clancy.
5. Paul Cairney.
6. Ben Williams.
7. Leigh Griffiths.
8. Shefki Kuqi.

That is a good solid set of players! Pat is beginning to show his talents now in the transfer market?

Sodje_18
17-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I think what's pleasing is that they're also the first eight names you'd put in the starting eleven, Paddy has really strengthened us as a unit and given us far more options on how to play.

Compare that with Thornhill, O'Hanlon, Agogo etc. and the difference is night and day.

I'll stick my neck out and say that Kuqi will get at least fifteen goals this season.
I have a feeling Kuqi might be more of a supplier to Griffiths

Hibernia&Alba
17-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Welcome to Hibs auld yin. If you can do us a turn for a year, great, and at your age you'll be pleased to know we've bought you a pair of those zip up tartan slippers to welcome you to Scotland :flag:

ALF TUPPER
17-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Wonder if he'll be in the team for St Midden ?
HappyClapper today :-)

HoboHarry
17-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Saw yesterday that the papers were reporting that he had traveled back to England. They must have not realised he was just heading back to collect his boots....

HoboHarry
17-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Michael Higdon at Motherwell is slow hardy the most mobile and hardly prolific, unless its against us. :wink: We'd take him at the club at the minute, Kuqi has a better touch and shot, and is as mobile as him.

He's obviously a short term signing, but if he can improve us, and help our other forwards get involved in the game further up the pitch, then its a signing i think we'd all like?
Whilst you are correct I think there is more to it than that even. PF has said many times he wants to change the culture and I'm sure he will be looking to Caldwell and Handling to see how a seasoned professional conducts himself both on and off the park.

jacomo
17-08-2012, 11:50 AM

Agree, we need experience up front. Who knows, Caldwell or Handling might kick on this year and give PF a welcome selection dilemma, but too early to expect those two to deliver.

Dinkydoo
17-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Good news.

The type of player we need playing alongside Griffiths and another seasoned professional to help bring on the likes of Caldwell, Doyle and Handling

JohnScott
17-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not putting the guy down but.......one of the Sheffield United fans burst out laughing when he saw the report he'd signed on BBC Sport. When he told me who Hibs had signed the whole room burst out laughing. Seems he "starred" for Wednesday some years ago. We'll wait and see I suppose.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-08-2012, 11:52 AM
He played as a (very indifferent) right winger for Hibs. The highlight of his time with Hibs was scoring for Finland against Wales and getting right on Craig Bellamy's tits.

That goal helped to pay off a fair chunk of money that i spent in Amsterdam for the Holland v Scotland game later the same day!

hibsbollah
17-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I have always pronounced it like 'Koochy'

But are you a fluent Albanian speaker? :greengrin

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 12:04 PM
But are you a fluent Albanian speaker? :greengrin

po, po unė jam

500miles
17-08-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm not putting the guy down but.......one of the Sheffield United fans burst out laughing when he saw the report he'd signed on BBC Sport. When he told me who Hibs had signed the whole room burst out laughing. Seems he "starred" for Wednesday some years ago. We'll wait and see I suppose.

Wiki's report on his time at Sheffield Wednesday paints a different picture...

"He then had a spell at Sheffield Wednesday where he scored 19 times between January 2002 and September 2003, unfortunately with Wednesday being relegated to Division Two (or League One as it is now known) during his time at Hillsborough. Many Wednesday fans were bemused though at then manager Chris Turner's decision to let Kuqi leave for Ipswich for free. Whilst in Sheffield, Kuqi also scored a goal against Sheffield United in The Steel City Derby. He scored the second goal in the 81st minute at Hillsborough to ensure a win after Lloyd Owusu had opened the scoring with his very first touch of the ball on his debut."

Pedantic_Hibee
17-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Wiki's report on his time at Sheffield Wednesday paints a different picture...

"He then had a spell at Sheffield Wednesday where he scored 19 times between January 2002 and September 2003, unfortunately with Wednesday being relegated to Division Two (or League One as it is now known) during his time at Hillsborough. Many Wednesday fans were bemused though at then manager Chris Turner's decision to let Kuqi leave for Ipswich for free. Whilst in Sheffield, Kuqi also scored a goal against Sheffield United in The Steel City Derby. He scored the second goal in the 81st minute at Hillsborough to ensure a win after Lloyd Owusu had opened the scoring with his very first touch of the ball on his debut."

Ignore him, I'd be surprised if the events JohnScott have illustrated actually took place at all. He loves a dig at Hibs so he does.

Franck Stanton
17-08-2012, 12:16 PM

Good post, agree with every word. What people have to remember is, it is the SPL he is now playing in and with all due respect to each and every team, he will not be coming up against as high a quality set of central defenders as he usually is. Good signing, will help us this season both with scoring goals and creating chances for others. Feeling really confident about this Hibs team, top 6 at least,- if we get a wee rub of the green - challenging for european place [ providing we don't get too many injuries/suspensions as squad-wise we don't have too much depth]. Onward and upward.

Titch
17-08-2012, 12:19 PM
On sat @ st mirren

scuttle
17-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Nice to see were building a team for the future , the last two signings are almost 70 between them

Judas Iscariot
17-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes

ahibby
17-08-2012, 12:24 PM
On sat @ st mirren

Radio Forth has reported today he has gone back to England and will return. Doubt it will be for tomorrow, but it's Hibs so you never know.

Titch
17-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Nice to see were building a team for the future , the last two signings are almost 70 between them

AND!!!!!! Who cares as long as they do a job if we finnsh higher in the league this year we will be able to attract a younger better player next year

superfurryhibby
17-08-2012, 12:29 PM

The future is now.

Hibernia&Alba

But they should make an impact in the here and now. No point constantly looking to the future when no gains are made in the present. Arsenal fans have been doing that for eight years.

down-the-slope
Nice to see were building a team for the future , the last two signings are almost 70 between them:fishin:

truehibernian
17-08-2012, 12:32 PM

Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes are 75 between them yet they make most youngsters and others in the Premiership look decidedly ordinary, even winning player of the year awards.

With the state of skill levels in the SPL as they are, Kuqi might have found a right good league to plunder a fair few goals. Decent signing but short term - makes the spine of the side now look resilient and a side that won't be bullied anywhere on the park.

darrenmcintosh2
17-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Watching the odd you tube clip of the tank they call kuqi.
I have never seen so many goals come down of his chest and burrowed in the back Of the net. Let's hope we see the swan dive celebration a dozen times this season

scuttle
17-08-2012, 12:33 PM
AND!!!!!! Who cares as long as they do a job if we finnsh higher in the league this year we will be able to attract a younger better player next year

YEAH!!!!!! like who,and why cant we attract them now, another two journey men on short deals,the first who sold the jerseys last week ,i can hardly contain my excitment

Baldy Foghorn
17-08-2012, 12:34 PM

Your eternal optimism radiates from you......

Saorsa
17-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Nice to see were building a team for the future , the last two signings are almost 70 between themWhat's wrong with bringing in a couple of aulder heids tae bring a bit of experience tae the team. They will hopefully help bring on the younger lads who are already at the club and who are the future and if we can get a good season out of them while they're doing that then what's the problem.

marinello59
17-08-2012, 12:35 PM
YEAH!!!!!! like who,and why cant we attract them now, another two journey men on short deals,the first who sold the jerseys last week ,i can hardly contain my excitment

Behave yourself. Maybury made one mistake and paid a heavy price, he was solid for the rest of the game. Thats hardly selling the jerseys. Do you actually like Hibs because you never seem to have a good word to say about anything, just a series of digs.

scuttle
17-08-2012, 12:36 PM
:fishin:

SPot on mate ,theres always one but on this occasion several take the bait
I hope big Shefki tears the league up

Benny Brazil
17-08-2012, 12:37 PM

Neither can I when I read your posts - and yes I know - to save you the bother of replying - I dont have to read them :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
17-08-2012, 12:40 PM

We are not we are building a team for now we have been rubbish for years.

Northernhibee
17-08-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/20/shefki-kuqi-interview

Fascinating read. Influential story and can't wait to welcome him to our football club.

Let's make being a Hibee a glorious final chapter to his playing career.

ahibby
17-08-2012, 12:43 PM

Ofcourse you are entitled to your opinion but we could all see that he made a mistake and no way sold the jersey. Apart from that one mistake, I thought he had a pretty good game and he was involved in the move which led to our goal beating two Hearts players in the process. If the Koochie monster can be as useful then I'll be quite happy. We are probably looking at bringing the young strikers in to the team on a more permanent basis quite soon, so to give an experienced striker only one year makes sense to me. At least the young lads can see that come another year they will be right up there in contention, with out the KM being in the way. They know that they are in contention after last Sunday but if Hibs had signed a younger striker than KM on two or three year deal that would have sent a different message to the young boys.

Mikeystewart
17-08-2012, 12:45 PM
looks like a complete bammer :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
17-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Welcome aboard :aok:

A battering ram of a player to bully the **** out of defenders and do the donkey work to let Sparky score the goals.:cb

JimBHibees
17-08-2012, 12:52 PM

Fascinating read. Influential story and can't wait to welcome him to our football club.

Let's make being a Hibee a glorious final chapter to his playing career.

Cheers for that a very interesting and inspiring read. Puts things in perspective.

Part/Time Supporter
17-08-2012, 12:53 PM

What is the average tenure of a Hibs player? I'd be surprised if it was much more than a year. If you look through the first team squad list at present, the only players that have been there more than a year are the handful of youth products (Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Stevenson). If the players that Hibs bring in from outside aren't going to be there more than a year (or two at most), there isn't much point in signing younger players in the hope that they develop. Might as well sign someone who can come in and do a decent job straight away, then replace them at the end of their contract.

Mikey
17-08-2012, 12:54 PM

A lot of clever and well taken goals in there. We could have ourselves something here!

HoboHarry
17-08-2012, 12:54 PM

The goal against Southampton is a peach. I'll have some of that in a Hibs shirt.....

Gettin' Auld
17-08-2012, 12:57 PM

Cheers bud, that was a good read. :aok:

Captain Trips
17-08-2012, 12:58 PM
What is the average tenure of a Hibs player? I'd be surprised if it was much more than a year. If you look through the first team squad list at present, the only players that have been there more than a year are the handful of youth products (Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Stevenson). If the players that Hibs bring in from outside aren't going to be there more than a year (or two at most), there isn't much point in signing younger players in the hope that they develop. Might as well sign someone who can come in and do a decent job straight away, then replace them at the end of their contract.

Well we need to stop doing that then as that is a factor as to our being 2nd bottom of SPL last term and not much better season before. I have no problems with Kuqi but I do with all our forwards again being OOC at seasons end.

I find it a worry that from last term it has taken us into 2 matches to find a striker when we do it is a one year deal most likely due to him being 35.

Thecat23
17-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Hope he does well and I'd also like to welcome him the the cabbage. Not an ideal striker if we're being honest with ourselves but by no means the worst. Sure the big man will score a few goals in this league.

joe breezy
17-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Looks alright - anything to help get Hibs where we belong at the time of hun-free SPL we should be getting ourselves in the top 3.

Need strong performances from all of the bigger teams to shut up the Weedgie MSM

Hibs7
17-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Jumbos slagging him, hope he scores a double against those merriks at the maroon tin hut

Northernhibee
17-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Cheers for that a very interesting and inspiring read. Puts things in perspective.

Also goes to show how moronic the Rudi Skacel song is.

JimBHibees
17-08-2012, 01:44 PM

Exactly.

Aldo
17-08-2012, 01:46 PM
When he plays and gets torn in about other teams CH's basically bullying and forcing them to make mistakes LG will be there to pick up the pieces and pop the ball in the net.

JohnStephens91
17-08-2012, 01:50 PM

I've always said that, remember we had Orman who was a refugee? It is totally out of order to be singing a song like that when we had a former player on the books in that situation.

JimBHibees
17-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I've always said that, remember we had Orman who was a refugee? It is totally out of order to be singing a song like that when we had a former player on the books in that situation.

Also ironic given the founders of the club.

Lucius Apuleius
17-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Hibees Hibees RaRaRa. I think this is the only acceptable song left in the Hibby repertoire, unless of course it is skirtist.

poolman
17-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Jumbos slagging him, hope he scores a double against those merriks at the maroon tin hut

Well you can sort of understand that

Probably because they were blessed with top attackers like :nade:

Cabbage_Patch
17-08-2012, 02:10 PM
http://sportinglife.aol.co.uk/football/match/preview/7998246/kuqi-set-for-hibs-debut

Saorsa
17-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Jumbos slagging him, hope he scores a double against those merriks at the maroon tin hutWho cares what they think, ****in' inbred windae lickers,

Vault Boy
17-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Who cares what they think, ****in' inbred windae lickers,

:tee hee: Too right.

Can't wait for Shefki to score a stunner at the PBS! :fenlon

AlbertK86
17-08-2012, 03:14 PM

If this boy still has it I cannae wait to see him batter the **** out of Zal and Webster

Go on the effin Hibees

GGTTH

MSK
17-08-2012, 03:55 PM
When he plays and gets torn in about other teams CH's basically bullying and forcing them to make mistakes LG will be there to pick up the pieces and pop the ball in the net.He is gonna be a very difficult opponent for defences this season, yeah he is getting on & may have lost a yard or so but his experience & physical attributes should see him batter, harrass & drag defences all over the shop, whilst Griffiths buzzes about ready to ping in anything that goes loose ....I wouldnt wanna be a defender playing against that pair ..:greengrin

HibeeSince85
17-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Welcome Shefki.

I'm going to see how he looks in action before making predictions but he was decent a few year's back, a big powerful boy.

HibsMax
17-08-2012, 04:05 PM

You honestly have no idea why Hibs mihgt find it difficult to attract young, talented professionals? Which team have you been watching for the last few years?

:troll:

HibsMax
17-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Well we need to stop doing that then as that is a factor as to our being 2nd bottom of SPL last term and not much better season before. I have no problems with Kuqi but I do with all our forwards again being OOC at seasons end.

I find it a worry that from last term it has taken us into 2 matches to find a striker when we do it is a one year deal most likely due to him being 35.

Let's be honest, when aren't you worried? ;)

SteveHFC
17-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Happy with the signing

ALF TUPPER
17-08-2012, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3QXJOdXnjY&feature=related
Love this guy already! Some of this please!!

Bonkers

Jones28
17-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Looks a decent signing, mon the Kuqi Monster :thumbsup:

LeighLoyal
17-08-2012, 04:26 PM
See if he can set about Stink Midden.

nonshinyfinish
17-08-2012, 04:49 PM

Also ironic given the founders of the club.

Agree with all of that, but the Skacel song is moronic on an even more basic level - the Czech Republic has been part of the EU since 2004.

Anyway, to avoid a thread hijack: :singing: K is for Kuqi, he plays for the Hibees :singing:

Onceinawhile
17-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Hibs Twitter has confirmed he can play tomorrow.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-08-2012, 05:02 PM
:top marks

Happy with this

Doesn't think twice about going through a defender or keeper.

Great touch and an eye for goal

AlbertK86
17-08-2012, 05:17 PM
STV say in da squad

CallumLaidlaw
17-08-2012, 05:19 PM
The guy is an animal!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-281kEhWVzQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:aok:

AlbertK86
17-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Hibs tv interview on you tube.

Says not match fit but will be involved tmw

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 05:55 PM
So he can feature tomorrow. :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Watched his interview on Hibs telly.

Looks like quite a serious guy ... he talked a bit at the end about giving 110% ( sigh ) even when things arnt going your way. That will always be good enough for me ..... Gareth Evans for example ... for a striker he had a pretty miserable scoring record, but gave 100% in every game and was never a target for the boo boys as a result.

Anyway ... Kookie's appearance record is pretty good which tells me he tries to keep himself fit. I keep thinking about Craig Brewster who was a real handfull for defences even at 90 years old or whatever he was, so I'm hoping Kookie will do the same type of job.

Was also asked about the derby ... which proved that he's a bit of a diplomat as well coz he managed to avoid asking where all the Hibs fans were.

Anyway ... welcome to Hibs big man.

scuttle
17-08-2012, 06:18 PM
You honestly have no idea why Hibs mihgt find it difficult to attract young, talented professionals? Which team have you been watching for the last few years?

:troll:

Go on then enlighten me einstein

Ultrabee1-0
17-08-2012, 06:28 PM
the cookie monster hahahaha **** me!!
what a name getting that on the back of the away top!

Captain Trips
17-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Let's be honest, when aren't you worried? ;)

Well Max the last 2yrs proved I was right to be :wink:

HibsMax
17-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Go on then enlighten me einstein

The name is HibsMax, Max or Martin.

And if you can't figure it out yourself then you're just trolling.

HibsMax
17-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Well Max the last 2yrs proved I was right to be :wink:

Lol. Hopefully you'll have less to worry about over the next two years.

FranckSuzy
17-08-2012, 09:56 PM
The Hibs website front page is class (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome) :thumbsup:

Persevere80
17-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Seems a good signing, hope he does the businesses.

I'm loving the song ideas aswel, funny stuff.

HibeeN
17-08-2012, 10:03 PM
The Hibs website front page is class (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome) :thumbsup:

I was half-expecting the cookie monster...been listening to the song far too much :greengrin

Northernhibee
17-08-2012, 10:04 PM

Compare it to our neighbours:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/sep2009/5/6/peter-enckelman-883161948.jpg

OH ****, IT'S GOTTEN TO THIS
Enter Site

FranckSuzy
17-08-2012, 10:05 PM

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/sep2009/5/6/peter-enckelman-883161948.jpg

Enter Site

:tee hee:

R'Albin
17-08-2012, 10:44 PM

Enter Site

:hilarious

sven nil
18-08-2012, 05:16 AM
No need for that............oh sorry, cult. Mate maybe you need to join up with the DNA (national dyslexic association).:wink:

scuttle
18-08-2012, 08:39 AM
The name is HibsMax, Max or Martin.

And if you can't figure it out yourself then you're just trolling.

My name isnt Trolling its Scuttle

R'Albin
18-08-2012, 08:56 AM

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

Lucius Apuleius
18-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Scuttlebutt, give us some then.

ivan03
18-08-2012, 11:56 AM
anyone heard what Kuqi's squad number is??

Hibstrooper
18-08-2012, 11:56 AM

It's his lucky number but he won't say why

Humo
18-08-2012, 11:57 AM
anyone heard what Kuqi's squad number is??

It's 32 he talks about it here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd2W00k8JVI&feature=g-u-u

CropleyWasGod
18-08-2012, 12:07 PM
For those who prefer to pronounce his name the right way, I have a song:-

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=itche+koutche&search_filter=0

Not a serious suggestion, more an excuse to get the wonderful Angelique Kidjo to a wider audience. :greengrin

AL-Qaholik
18-08-2012, 12:24 PM
32 certainly seemed to work for Christian Vieri...and Shaq, to a less pertinent extent.

Macaroon
18-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Just saw this from AgentScotland on twitter:

Agent Football ‏@AgentScotland (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland)
Glad to hear Hibs showed fight and spirit, Fenlon was quite confrontational when the board didn't deliver Kuqi by Wednesday, fire in bellies

No idea how reliable this guy is, so it could be tosh, but he has been mentioned quite a few times on here.

Regardless, if true it certainly does beg some questions. Obviously there could be many viable reasons as to why the transfer couldn't be completed in time, but you'd think with him being a free agent and everything the deal should have been wrapped up pretty quickly.

hibeesjoe
18-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I know he never got much time as a sub but what's the first impressions?

hibsbollah
18-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I know he never got much time as a sub but what's the first impressions?

Looks a bit heavy. Im sure i could feel the ground move when he ran :greengrin

Got a brilliant reception from the fans.

Northernhibee
18-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Just saw this from AgentScotland on twitter:

Agent Football ‏@AgentScotland (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland)
Glad to hear Hibs showed fight and spirit, Fenlon was quite confrontational when the board didn't deliver Kuqi by Wednesday, fire in bellies

No idea how reliable this guy is, so it could be tosh, but he has been mentioned quite a few times on here.

Regardless, if true it certainly does beg some questions. Obviously there could be many viable reasons as to why the transfer couldn't be completed in time, but you'd think with him being a free agent and everything the deal should have been wrapped up pretty quickly.

If true, another reason why Fenlon is the man for the job. Bet Colin Calderwood wasn't like that, he wasn't even man enough to say he was leaving in the summer.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2012, 08:25 PM
If true, another reason why Fenlon is the man for the job. Bet Colin Calderwood wasn't like that, he wasn't even man enough to say he was leaving in the summer.

What if it's not true? lol

Northernhibee
18-08-2012, 08:29 PM
What if it's not true? lol

Then GTF Paddy, boooooo :greengrin

SlickShoes
18-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Kuqi didn't get a chance to do anything today, he came on at a point when our midfield were blowing out of there arse and everything coming out of defense was a big hoof. He looks big and will cause defenders problems, personally i'd like to see him up front with Lee Griffiths and push Doyle back in to wotherspoons position.

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Kuqi didn't get a chance to do anything today, he came on at a point when our midfield were blowing out of there arse and everything coming out of defense was a big hoof. He looks big and will cause defenders problems, personally i'd like to see him up front with Lee Griffiths and push Doyle back in to wotherspoons position.

Going to be hard to replace Spoony. He has assisted 2 of our 3 goals.

AB Hibby
18-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Looked like he tried his heart out but needs couple of weeks hard training. Played couple of wise passes - think he'll be a good signing.