PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Them - Who was your man of the match

theonlywayisup
12-08-2012, 03:37 PM
I had planned to start a MOTM poll after last weeks game and do so for league and cup games this season. However, I thought it best to start on a more positive result. So who do you think was the MOTM and why?

theonlywayisup
12-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Cairney for me - thought he was comfortable on the ball, looked to play some good passes (the one in the second half to Griffiths was really good), tackled well, though tired at bit at the end.

whiskyhibby
12-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I would have to agree with Cairney he looked extremely composed, great passing and decent tackling

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 03:48 PM
James McPake. Won everything in the air, threw himself at the ball on countless occasions. Scared that prick McGowan, inufriated that prick Templeton, bound into challenges within the rules of the game, Wound up some mutants and was a threat at throw ins and set pieces. Captains performance and a real inspiration today.

Heisenberg
12-08-2012, 03:50 PM
A load of contenders for it today. Would say probably just shading it was Deegan, for bossing their midfield like we haven't seen for many a year.

HibeeN
12-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Few contenders, but Cairney shades it for me for noticeably giving a boost to our midfield - put in a really good shift and was dangerous going forward.

Mon Dieu4
12-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Deegan for me, gave us a bit bite and was decent on the ball too, him and Cairney could be a good partnership

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Alan Maybury - for showing the correct attitude expected of a seasoned professional. Was involved in a bad error but kept his head up and turned in a good performance. If this type of attitude rubs off on the younger players then we will be just fine under PF.

plhibs
12-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I went with the Captain but i agree with other posters, there were a few worthy candidates.:aok:

McKenzie
12-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Paul Hanlon, won everything in the air and a goal saving challenge in the second half

Elephant Stone
12-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Cairney. So refreshing to see a midfielder take his time on the ball and make a forward pass. Griffiths and McPake close behind.

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2012, 04:34 PM
McPake for me .... a real captains performance and a threat at the top of the park too.

But I have to say that Deegan and Cairney were just behind him ... both played really well and what a change to see our midfield competing.

I would agree with Hobo Harry about Maybury. he made a horrendous mistake but kept at it and had a solid game afterwards, exactly the sort of attitude we want in this team.

Wotherspoon drives me nuts though, he got into some great positions in the 2nd half, but his inability to beat his man and lack of pace let him down ... its a pity coz you couldnt fault his effort at all.

Franck Stanton
12-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Shows how much we have improved today when there are so many contenders, used to be just McPake, thought that today McPake put in a great shift, so did a few others, in fact, the whole team were very good, however I opted for Deegan. To come into a Derby as your debut game and then bully them as they so often do us was quite amazing. Harder to pick a failure today imo.

Steven_Hibs
12-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Cant we just share the man of the match between, McPake, Deegan and Cairney :greengrin

steakbake
12-08-2012, 04:51 PM
McPake was good. Spoony also did well.

I like the look of Deegan. Maybe with Kuqi coming in, we're looking at some experienced pros bringing some of the young lads on.

Much better from Hibs. The trick is to keep going and keep improving!

S.sct
12-08-2012, 04:54 PM
McPake for me but thought Hanlon, Cairney and Deegan had decent games.

DH1875
12-08-2012, 07:56 PM
McPake was different class today :thumbsup:. Best player on the pitch and really unlucky not to hit the net. Not knowing much about him, I also thought Deegan looked a very good player.

lobster
12-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Deegan for me but really the whole team and squad for restoring pride. Well done Hibs. :flag::flag:

AlbertK86
12-08-2012, 08:04 PM
McPake was fantastic as we have come to expect

Cairney very good on ball Deegan has the dig and Griffiths run them ragged

All contenders but the captain by a bawhair.

Much better attitude all round. Let's hope it's a sign of things to come

Squealing pig
12-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Mcpake. Solid as usual , pats team taking shape. Can't wait til January when claros is away.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Griffiths.

Worked his erse off, scored and constantly looked dangerous.

Squealing pig
12-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Mcpake. Solid as usual , pats team taking shape. Can't wait til January when claros is away.

essexhibee
12-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Voted McPake as he was a colossus once again at the back. Deegan, Cairney and Griffiths all pushed close...

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 08:15 PM

WTF?

Claros was cool as a cucumber today!

Squealing pig
12-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Don't rate him that's all

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm looking forward to the next game, wasn't looking forward to this one tbh.

Squealing pig
12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Rangers would struggle in division 3 if he signed for them

HibernianBohs
12-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Mcpake is actually one of the best defenders I have ever seen, he always seems to know exactly what is going on, never beaten in the air and gets in good positions for our set pieces.
Extremely lucky to have him, definitely good enough for the Premier***** in my opinion.
Deegan was quality today, he is a nutter, skillful and win his own ball, I gave him man of the match because he played for the Big Club :)

HibeeMackenzie
12-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Voted clancy, every long ball and particularly set piece h****s put into the box he was always there, good solid performance

Agree that McPake, Sparky, Deegan and Cairney were class acts

Makaveli
12-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Gary Deegan is a boss.

Hearts were scared of him; I haven't seen them 5hitting out of challenges like that since Jay Shields was breaking Paul Hartley in half. :agree:

McPake is a close second for me and was back to his immense self - last week vs today highlights the importance of him being the right centre back.

Cairney was great, too, as was Griffiths. And FWIW I thought Claros was excellent until the next two changes, when the passes he had been making were no longer on.

AlbertK86
12-08-2012, 08:54 PM
WTF?

Claros was cool as a cucumber today!

Correct

hfc rd
12-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Mcpake. True captains peformance. Had that John Sutton in his back pocket throughout the match.

dave62
12-08-2012, 09:15 PM
McPake for me, absolutely outstanding. But what pleased me was there were MOM candidates throughout the team. Long may that continue.