PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere / attendance today (merged)

sbell1875
10-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Just on the website buying my sister and my mate a ticket for Sunday (I am a season ticket holder) and I am extremely disappointed to say Easter Road will be empty in places. The middle sections of each stand are fairly busy but specifically the West will be in most parts 70% 80% + empty.

It saddens me that so many people appear to be turning their back at such a vital time. Yes it is expensive, yes it is against them, yes we are pretty dire just now but we are Hibs and it is rarely an easy ride following them.

A few posters have been issuing rallying cries and I want to do the same to any people unsure about coming along on Sunday.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND GGTTH!!!

S.sct
10-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Just on the website buying my sister and my mate a ticket for Sunday (I am a season ticket holder) and I am extremely disappointed to say Easter Road will be empty in places. The middle sections of each stand are fairly busy but specifically the West will be in most parts 70% 80% + empty.

It saddens me that so many people appear to be turning their back at such a vital time. Yes it is expensive, yes it is against them, yes we are pretty dire just now but we are Hibs and it is rarely an easy ride following them.

A few posters have been issuing rallying cries and I want to do the same to any people unsure about coming along on Sunday.

Not good but not surprised. I'll be there wi ma laddie for his first derby, sorry son......,.,.

SGHIBEE
10-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Not good but not surprised. I'll be there wi ma laddie for his first derby, sorry son......,.,.

Poor laddie!

I don't expect us to win but I am hoping we at least compete this time

Mon the Hibs

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Its time the players done something.. anything, to get fans back.

Knew we had a hard match on our hands last week but the lack of fight and enthusiasm in our team is depressing. And style of play? hoof it to griffiths. Jeez, regardless of what the score is on Sunday, if we dont see some serious fight and committment.. then many more will have had enough. Club and fans blaiming fans.... geez a break.

sbell1875
10-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Its time the players done something.. anything, to get fans back.

Knew we had a hard match on our hands last week but the lack of fight and enthusiasm in our team is depressing. And style of play? hoof it to griffiths. Jeez, regardless of what the score is on Sunday, if we dont see some serious fight and committment.. then many more will have had enough. Club and fans blaiming fans.... geez a break.

I couldn't agree more. It's like the players have just given up. Players turning their back and getting back in to position on Sunday said it all for me. I do believe it is the managers job to motivate the players but professional players shouldn't even need motivation with the privileged position they find themselves in.

DAVE1875
10-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I will be happy with a 0-0 draw, after the final I would see that as great progress. Sadly due to financial situations I cannot attend. Can someone pass on my idea to Pat about the giant stage curtain for the South Stand?

brianmc
10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Sbel-Tbh I'm ****in sick of this kind of post, AND the fact anybody feels the need to make this kind of post.
I'm now in my 23rd consecutive year of East Stand season ticket and to be honest I'm amazed anyone else can be arsed paying good money to watch the **** that I've put up with.
Lets be honest here-this isnae a blip, this isnae bad luck, this isnae something new, this isnae a Craig Thompson conspiracy.... Hibs. Are absolutely. *****!!

There, I've said it!
The question is-what's being done about it? And as far as I can see the answer is HEE HAW.
Now I'm sure I'll get the usual dotnet smartasses making derogatory comments about whether I'm a 'yam' or no, but **** it. I'm fed up. Hibs are ****in ***** and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
I'll leave all the farmer/Petrie/fenlon/mccourt must go debates for others-but as far as I can see my club is dying in front of my eyes and it's ****in horrible to see.

GGTTH.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 11:13 PM
The club can beg, cajole plead in fact even bribe us, its just not going to happen, we are not going to turn up in sufficient numbers to fill the place.

Maybe they could put a winning attractive football team on the park, that will definitely get people through the gates, i can guarantee that.

sahib
11-08-2012, 12:07 AM
The club can beg, cajole plead in fact even bribe us, its just not going to happen, we are not going to turn up in sufficient numbers to fill the place.

Maybe they could put a winning attractive football team on the park, that will definitely get people through the gates, i can guarantee that.

I am not going because it is on telly and I am lazy, mean git. In doing that, though, I must be carrying out the wishes of Hibs (and the SPL collectively) since they sell the TV rights. See you all at the next Cat B game - as long as I can turn up late and pay cash.

hulk
11-08-2012, 12:17 AM

Likewise you only have to go back a few years when crowds of 17k were not unusual for a derby at easter road. Also noticed that Dundee Utd sold all their home tickets for their derby match - the ground capacity is only 14k but shows that there is at least some enthusiasm in Dundee for their derby. Bloody annoying that so many of the cup final fans just won't be there for one of our biggest games.

We all seem to be on such a downer just now god knows we need a bit of cheering up - hopefully Sunday might provide us with a a wee start (but as per everyone else it will be a surprise if we do)

Enough of the doom and gloom for now

hulk
11-08-2012, 12:19 AM

That would work - still think we should get bums on seats for the derby - other clubs sell out for derby no matter how they play - we should be getting 13k + home fans at least no matter how we play

gegs70
11-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Im sure sunday kick offs at lunch times really doesnt help fill the stadium.

I will be there with my son, had to take time off work too though. The famous 5 looks nit too bad ticket wise though?

VickMackie
11-08-2012, 01:48 AM
If we had a 14k stadium it would be full. If we had a 60k stadium it would be 1 1/4 full.

We've got the foundations in place. I just hope we can get our act together on the field.

sbell1875
11-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Sbel-Tbh I'm ****in sick of this kind of post, AND the fact anybody feels the need to make this kind of post.
I'm now in my 23rd consecutive year of East Stand season ticket and to be honest I'm amazed anyone else can be arsed paying good money to watch the **** that I've put up with.
Lets be honest here-this isnae a blip, this isnae bad luck, this isnae something new, this isnae a Craig Thompson conspiracy.... Hibs. Are absolutely. *****!!

There, I've said it!
The question is-what's being done about it? And as far as I can see the answer is HEE HAW.
Now I'm sure I'll get the usual dotnet smartasses making derogatory comments about whether I'm a 'yam' or no, but **** it. I'm fed up. Hibs are ****in ***** and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
I'll leave all the farmer/Petrie/fenlon/mccourt must go debates for others-but as far as I can see my club is dying in front of my eyes and it's ****in horrible to see.

GGTTH.

It is your kind of support following through thick an thin which I absolutely respect 110% You are correct with much of your assessment there but if you look at general figures from the final there isn't even likely to be 1 in 2 of people who attended the final will be there tomorrow. Now I see a real problem with that and it angers me the sheer number of people completely prepared to bury their head in the sand and allow Hearts to come to our HOME and completely rip the piss out of us.

AlbertK86
11-08-2012, 07:02 AM
So the board maybe need to ask themselves why are so many people who have supported Hibs for so many years not prepared to come along anymore.

A blind man could see why .... But they'll blame the fans for not buying season and the most expensive merchandise in Scotland as the reason we are struggling

Pretty Boy
11-08-2012, 07:07 AM
An early Sunday kick off to watch Hearts fans have a party and a poor Hibs team. Is anyone surprised people aren't going?

I'll be there after getting a late shift swap at work but I'm not going to condemn anyone who isn't.

The fact over 7000 people have gone out and bought season.tickets this year after last season and a slow summer transfer wise is to to the great credit of a lot of Hibs fans imo.

marinello59
11-08-2012, 07:18 AM
So the board maybe need to ask themselves why are so many people who have supported Hibs for so many years not prepared to come along anymore.

A blind man could see why .... But they'll blame the fans for not buying season and the most expensive merchandise in Scotland as the reason we are struggling

No they won't. The blame the fans thing is just a tedious cliche now most commonly used in discussions where no one has actually blamed the fans. The most expensive merchandise in Scotland now? When was that FACT decided?

marinello59
11-08-2012, 07:20 AM

:thumbsup:
Stuff handing our house over to them for the day.

Big_D
11-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Likewise you only have to go back a few years when crowds of 17k were not unusual for a derby at easter road. Also noticed that Dundee Utd sold all their home tickets for their derby match - the ground capacity is only 14k but shows that there is at least some enthusiasm in Dundee for their derby. Bloody annoying that so many of the cup final fans just won't be there for one of our biggest games.

We all seem to be on such a downer just now god knows we need a bit of cheering up - hopefully Sunday might provide us with a a wee start (but as per everyone else it will be a surprise if we do)

If Dundee Utd were as poor as we've been recently there'd be nothing like 14.000 there either

Chuck Rhoades
11-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Don't know why some people are surprised with ticket sales; it was always going to be a woeful support! We couldn't fill our end if we gave the remaining tickets away for nowt. People have had enough and simply do not want to go. Others cannot afford it with the ridiculous pricing. And there will be many who do usually attend, but cannot stand the sight of those ***** having a party on our turf after the SCF!

lucky
11-08-2012, 07:52 AM
I don't get that the **** are certs to win. FFS they have lost 18 players. We will not be facing the same team from May. I'm looking forward to getting in about. Rather be a losing Hibbie than a winning tramp from gorgie. Mon the Hibs

marinello59
11-08-2012, 07:54 AM
I don't get that the **** are certs to win. FFS they have lost 18 players. We will not be facing the same team from May. I'm looking forward to getting in about. Rather be a losing Hibbie than a winning tramp from gorgie. Mon the Hibs

Well said. :thumbsup:

macca70
11-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Have had a season ticket for over 10 years, i've stood up and been counted for long enough and I'll be choosing to watch the game on the telly on Sunday.

There is no value for money, the cost of going to a game is way overpriced. Maybe my view would be different if we were challenging up the top end of the league but when we have a home record like our recent 1 and as Bobby Williamson said, if you want entertained, go to the cinema. Or I'm my case at the moment I would rather spend my 2 days off at the weekend watching and playing golf.

1 of the other factors is that I want to watch football at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, our 1st 2 games of the season have been Sunday lunchtimes. 1 of the big things for me about going to the games is the social aspect of it, meeting your mates/old man, going for a few beers to 4 in hand, Hibs club etc staying out for a few after the game on a Saturday. That side of the Match day experience has been completely lost due to KO times being any time but 3pm on a Saturday. Look at our last 5 ffixtures of last season, did we even have 1 game at 3 on a Saturday?

Also, I can't believe the mediocracy that the happy clappers are quite willing to settle for, we have had good players come and go, managers come and go but the 1 common denominator that has been constant throughout is Petrie and Farmer. There is something underlying and rotten at the core of our club, IMO we've tried changing playing staff, we've changed managers now it's time for a change of leadership at the very top of our club. I doubt there would be any set of fans anywhere in Britain that have a club with the infrastructure that we do that would settle for what our happy clappers are. There would have been protests and demands for the chairman to be booted out, long before now.

Folk saying we are in transition, we've been in transition since Mowbray left, how long ago was that. We've had guys who have proven they are good quality by having an impact at other clubs but it hasn't worked out for them at Hibs, why? What is it at our club that is making the perform way below there potential.

We were known for our youth and ability to bring through youngsters, albeit for them to be sold to the old firm but we brought them on and they got there chance in the 1st team. With the current 'manager merry go round' the youth is not getting a chance, the managers coming in need to hit the ground running and don't have time or the faith or know enough about the youngsters trying to breakthrough, they would rather try bring in guys they know from there past or journeymen to try steady the ship.

We have a very talented group of youngsters keen to impress, they all did impress when given there chance in pre season but now the season season starts they get chucked on when we're 2/3 down, it's hardly an ideal environment for them to be breaking into the 1st team. Give some of them a chance from the start, there's a young lad Smith that plays left back, give him a couple of starts otherwise he's not going to get the 1st team experience and he'll be wasted. Also, handling and Stanton, give them the chance to start, handling was given the chance at the end of last season out on loan, he seemed to score a fair few, nows the time to give him a start, can't do any worse than who played last season or against united.

The club talk about and I keep reading on here about these 'think tank's' and q&a sessions

goosefat
11-08-2012, 08:55 AM
It is a real shame that we are struggling to get the stadium even near half filled for a lot of games.

Obviously we should always try and get as many people through the turnstiles as possible, however, when you look at the teams Dundee United and Motherwell have managed to put together and then take into account their budgets and the fact that you can play hide and seek in the stands for most of their home games it makes me think that Hibs are clearly missing something and attendances may not necessarily have everything to do with it.

Franck is God
11-08-2012, 09:14 AM
This summer Scottish football fans had their chance to take back the game from the TV companies. The clubs backed the call from the fans to kick out the cheats despite the threat of losing millions and one by one they all said we now need your support to make up the losses.

Where are the tens of thousands of Scottish footballs fans that said they would buy season tickets if sporting integrity took priority over money?

I'm not going to say that SPL football value for money because it's not but the only way that we will ever get games back to a Saturday at 3pm is to turn up every week and give our teams no reason chase sponsors and TV companies to make up the difference. In this world you get what you pay for and if more don't start turning up then realistically what do you expect to happen.

A few weeks ago there was a thread saying that ER should be full this week and be drowning out the jambo fans that are coming along for a party at our expense, this is our first home competitive match since one of the worst results in our history and its against the very team that did it to us, is there a better opportunity to get right behind the club and show what they mean to us and that we are right behind them. I guarantee that if the tables were turned their ground would be full of them.

I was so angry at the Huddersfield game and the lack of fans turning up at that one, I have been criticised on this board in the past for questioning peoples reasons for not going to the games and saying that there is always an excuse if you want. That game was on a Saturday at 2pm for £10 at the end of July on a warm day, in the slurring words of Delia 'Where are you'

Spike Mandela
11-08-2012, 02:06 PM
I was so angry at the Huddersfield game and the lack of fans turning up at that one, I have been criticised on this board in the past for questioning peoples reasons for not going to the games and saying that there is always an excuse if you want. That game was on a Saturday at 2pm for £10 at the end of July on a warm day, in the slurring words of Delia 'Where are you'

You cannae compare pre season games to a derby. I hate pre season games and would rather stick sharp things in my eyes or worse go shopping with the wife than sit through Hibs v Huddersfield to be honest.

However, tomorrow is THE derby and the apathy around this match astounds me. Apart from anything else it's our first home game and a chance to show real defiance to not only the gloating Hearts fans but also to the media and football authorities who predicted the demise of Scottish football should Rangers not be in the SPL.

I would hate to see other clubs stand up and be counted at "sell out Saturday" just for us to let the side down on the Sunday.

Hopefully the weather tomorrow can spur along a few last minute undecided's.

marinello59
11-08-2012, 02:10 PM
You cannae compare pre season games to a derby. I hate pre season games and would rather stick sharp things in my eyes or worse go shopping with the wife than sit through Hibs v Huddersfield to be honest.

However, tomorrow is THE derby and the apathy around this match astounds me. Apart from anything else it's our first home game and a chance to show real defiance to not only the gloating Hearts fans but also to the media and football authorities who predicted the demise of Scottish football should Rangers not be in the SPL.I would hate to see other clubs stand up and be counted at "sell out Saturday" just for us to let the side down on the Sunday.

Hopefully the weather tomorrow can spur along a few last minute undecided's.

:top marks

Keith_M
11-08-2012, 02:21 PM
It's not exactly a surprise, is it.

After the last three seasons, culminating in that game in May, Hibs are going to have to do an awful lot to get the fans coming back. As already stated, a half-decent team would be a start.

Hibercelona
11-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Why are people complaining?

At least fans turn up for Hibs games.

I haven't seen 1 player turn up for a Hibs game in a very long time.

Spike Mandela
11-08-2012, 02:27 PM
It's not exactly a surprise, is it.

After the last three seasons, culminating in that game in May, Hibs are going to have to do an awful lot to get the fans coming back. As already stated, a half-decent team would be a start.

I am a bit surprised to be honest. The fans voices were heard loud and clear by the clubs over the Rangers situation in the summer and I really expected them to turn out in numbers for this game at least almost in celebration of a major victory for peple power.

Sadly it appears to have just been keyboard bluster as usual and no doubt Traynor and co will rip into us for it.

Off the bar
11-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Richard Gordon suggested on open all mics that the game was nearly sold out, any truth in that?

joe breezy
11-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Must have been talking about the hearts end

Golden Bear
11-08-2012, 03:40 PM
I'll be there but only because I'm too stingy not to attend after buying a ticket for a game which I thought would take place on a Saturday at 3pm.

Lesson learnt though.

leggeto
11-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Yes mate gave my season tickets to my old man as in Ireland with the boys,gutted can't be there and prob only get to see 1st half cause of the charity shield,but defo think we will put up more of a fight than the last time we met:flag::flag::flag:

S.sct
11-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Richard Gordon suggested on open all mics that the game was nearly sold out, any truth in that?

Wouldn't have thought so unless Maybury's signing has started a surge in ticket sales :wink:

sbell1875
11-08-2012, 04:07 PM

From what I seen on the online ticket office I find this very unlikely. The West in particular had many spaces almost 80% available.

leggeto
11-08-2012, 04:18 PM
From what I seen on the online ticket office I find this very unlikely. The West in particular had many spaces almost 80% available.
Who cares I've stopped moaning about ticket sales,if we win they will be back next home game and when we get to another final they will be the first asking for spares:flag:

scoopyboy
11-08-2012, 04:21 PM

80% available my a***.

Try checking again.

1875STEVE
11-08-2012, 04:49 PM
It is your kind of support following through thick an thin which I absolutely respect 110% You are correct with much of your assessment there but if you look at general figures from the final there isn't even likely to be 1 in 2 of people who attended the final will be there tomorrow. Now I see a real problem with that and it angers me the sheer number of people completely prepared to bury their head in the sand and allow Hearts to come to our HOME and completely rip the piss out of us.

They mAybe should have thought of that before ****ting on the folk who go every week as pay at the gaters.

I usually go with another 5 folk to the games, 3 adults 2 kids, who gave up their season tickets last season due to finances, they still went every week, never missed a game all season, and were thinking about renewing this year.

They didn't get hold of a ticket for the final, result???

I would have been going myself tommorow, if I wasn't going on holiday early tommorow morning.

Hibs only have themselves to blame.

Poor financial investment in the team over the summer, and scunnering you're weeky customers is going to have a fair impact.

Still we had 25,000 at Hampden, where are they all??

Lucius Apuleius
11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
They mAybe should have thought of that before ****ting on the folk who go every week as pay at the gaters.

I usually go with another 5 folk to the games, 3 adults 2 kids, who gave up their season tickets last season due to finances, they still went every week, never missed a game all season, and were thinking about renewing this year.

I would have been going myself tommorow, if I wasn't going on holiday early tommorow morning.

Poor financial investment in the team over the summer, and scunnering you're weeky customers is going to have a fair impact.

So, please, how did the club **** on them?

Beefster
11-08-2012, 05:12 PM

As we've been over countless times, it would have been impossible for the club to prioritise PATG supporters.

PATG supporters could have bought a £20 membership though, secured a cup final ticket and saved themselves some cash on paying at the gate for the game they would have gotten into for free.

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2012, 05:20 PM
One factor that isnt being mentioned is our terrible derby record. For years now better Hibs teams than this one have been turned over at ER by worse Yam teams than the one they have now.

I'm sure a lot of fans just cant face the thought of watching what will be, barring a huge turn around in effort and ability from Hibs, yet another win for the Yams. I'm sure that this was a factor last season when we barely sold half of our allocation for the PBS.

I hate being this negative, but I just cant see this lot beating them.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't know what happened to the 20,000 supporters who went to the final, people were dying for tickets! Where are they now? PART TIME SUPPORTERS. Only come when were winning.

sbell1875
11-08-2012, 08:18 PM
80% available my a***.

Try checking again.

This was as of last night. The left hand side of the West upper and lower were between 60-80% unsold and that is a fact. It may have changed today but I know what I saw.

sbell1875
11-08-2012, 08:22 PM
The original reason for this post was for me to vent my anger at people not getting behind the team at such an important time.

It's been mentioned about finances, performances etc etc etc but irrespective of how pish Hibs are I will be there and I reckon at least 7-8000 are in the same boat. If the 'glory hunters' and 'old firm & derby fans' can't come out to support then we will never be the club I know we are capable of being.

Supporting Hibs was never the easiest choice for any of us but I will never change who I support and will always be there. I just thought there were more of the same.

DH1875
11-08-2012, 08:29 PM
This was as of last night. The left hand side of the West upper and lower were between 60-80% unsold and that is a fact. It may have changed today but I know what I saw.

Nah, your right. I checked it as well earlier and there are 4/5 sections of the west with more than 70% available. The rest of the stadium looks quite good though and there's only about 800 tickets left for the FF.

Spike Mandela
11-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Nah, your right. I checked it as well earlier and there are 4/5 sections of the west with more than 70% available. The rest of the stadium looks quite good though and there's only about 800 tickets left for the FF.

Only? Thats roughly 25% is it not:confused:

DH1875
11-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Only? Thats roughly 25% is it not:confused:

When was the last time the FF was 3 quarters full? Thought it was no bad considering we suck and it's a Sunday lunch time.

scoopyboy
11-08-2012, 08:39 PM

Aye but that's not what you said,

You said 80% of the west not selected portions.

You could equally have said it was sold out because three sections are.

scoopyboy
11-08-2012, 08:42 PM

4 to 5 sections with more than 70% doesn't equate to 80% overall.

How many sections are there?

justlikebrazil
11-08-2012, 08:43 PM
A couple of top signings would get bums on seats Mr Petrie :confused: GGTTH

HibeeSince85
11-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't know what happened to the 20,000 supporters who went to the final, people were dying for tickets! Where are they now? PART TIME SUPPORTERS. Only come when were winning.

I've wanted to say that for awhile.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2012, 08:57 PM

They are were they were before the final, because they dont go regularly. They come from far and wide, others dont think of Hibs as the main thing to do on a weekend. They are exactly what you seem keen to call them.

Are you saying if we did start winning, you'd prefer it if they didn't bother coming?

If so then they wouldn't be part timers would they, and we'd just be a club with around 9000 fans at best?

Hermit Crab
11-08-2012, 09:39 PM

Or the 35,000 at the Killy final. Dinny see them at Inverness on a Wednesday night ;)

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Or the 35,000 at the Killy final. Dinny see them at Inverness on a Wednesday night ;)

Can you explain why you would? :confused:

marinello59
11-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Can you explain why you would? :confused:

A reunion do?:greengrin

WHUHibs
11-08-2012, 10:11 PM

Good post,,for the record hibs were the only club to vote against the tv deal..you get paid for your place not the games they show! Hibs don't want to be dictated by tv but they were out voted! It means every Sunday game the costs go up 3 times,,,so I'm fed up of doom and gloom,,,I also struggle to buy tickets,,but the club that I love are bigger than farmer or Petrie and that's how I deal with it!!

GGTTH

fatbloke
11-08-2012, 10:31 PM

I can feel a call to children's Services, East Lothian Council coming on, child cruelty?:greengrin

Rambo1875
11-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Will tickets be available to buy prior to kick off? Got a shift change last thing tonight!

Steve-O
12-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Hibs could not market a game if the very survival of the club depended on it. This could have been promoted as a chance for revenge, a part of sell out 'Saturday' etc. Prices should have been dropped, kids could have gone free. All the stops should've been pulled out to try and fill ER for this game, but instead they say nothing, do nothing, and charge a fortune and then wonder why the crowds are not piling in...:rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
12-08-2012, 12:35 AM
I must have missed that period when we were winning last season. First train in to Edinburgh from this neck of the woods arrives at Waverley at 12.36pm. The game kicks off at 12.30pm. Go figure.

Steve-O
12-08-2012, 12:40 AM
I must have missed that period when we were winning last seasoon. First train in to Edinburgh from this neck of the woods arrives at Waverley at 12.36pm. The game kicks off at 12.30pm. Go figure.

Hire a car :wink:

Not much good for a bevvy, granted:greengrin

Beefster
12-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Hibs could not market a game if the very survival of the club depended on it. This could have been promoted as a chance for revenge, a part of sell out 'Saturday' etc. Prices should have been dropped, kids could have gone free. All the stops should've been pulled out to try and fill ER for this game, but instead they say nothing, do nothing, and charge a fortune and then wonder why the crowds are not piling in...:rolleyes:

Yup. Creativity and imagination - absent.

HH81
12-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Hire a car :wink:

Not much good for a bevvy, granted:greengrin

Everytime I have spoken to LancashireHibs he is steaming, I don't think he would be allowed to drive a car :greengrin

I would have drove up for a Saturday game but Sunday's after that Killie game last season, never again!

givescotlandfreedom
12-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I was chuffed with the atmosphere. It would have been easy to sit on our hands and mump and moan whilst they had their party (what a joke that was!) but everyone got behind the team and we were rewarded with a gutsy performance that probably deserved the win. Well done, everyone, a class above the mutants :flag:

Franck Stanton
12-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Just a pity there weren't another couple of thousand in the Hibs stands.

Bishop Hibee
12-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Hibs fans responded to the team and then visa-versa. A long way to go but encouraging signs today.

A rude awakening for the yams who thought they only had to turn up to win easily. Welcome to a world were your sugar daddy doesn't subsidise you anymore :vladsheep:

sbell1875
12-08-2012, 03:21 PM
My new season ticket is in row Z in the East in Sect 43 and it was a great day. The fans didn't stop singing at any point and for those that did turn up I'm glad the players repaid their faith with the performance.

Well done to everyone in the section and everyone who turned up in general.

HibeeN
12-08-2012, 03:48 PM
My new ST is at the back of Section 41 and the atmosphere was good, especially coming over from 43. I actually think the drum helps a lot - it keeps things going and gets people clapping which in turn boosts the energy levels. Thought the fans did a really good job getting behind the team.

S.sct
12-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Good effort in the East today, we even joined in from the FF.

Elephant Stone
12-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Today went completely the opposite way from what I feared. I thought our fans would be quiet and timid while they had a party and I thought we'd get turned over on the pitch. It was hardly emphatic but I'm so glad the fans were noisy and the players gave us a performance, well done all involved, this was badly needed!

whiskyhibby
12-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Must admit I liked the drum, it really got the mood going, more please!! :-))

Rambo1875
12-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Just back and thought the atmosphere was cracking today. Made far more noise than that mob, barley heard them once.

Muchnbetter performance for the team aswell, Deegan was a massive difference in the middle, finally someone who's willing to put the boot in. Sign a striker and a winger I'd say and things are deffo on the way up.

GGTTH

Heisenberg
12-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Think the way the players started the game also contributed to the fans as well. People saw we weren't going to lie down to them again with the tackles flying in and the likes of Deegan right in their faces from the off. Well done to all.

harry-hibee
12-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Sitting here in Easter Road Stadium been here since 12:30. When does this party start?

Golden Bear
12-08-2012, 04:56 PM
My new ST is at the back of Section 41 and the atmosphere was good, especially coming over from 43. I actually think the drum helps a lot - it keeps things going and gets people clapping which in turn boosts the energy levels. Thought the fans did a really good job getting behind the team.

I usually hate drums at the 'fitba (from the Livvy days probably) but it sounds ok. Mind you my seat was in the West.

:wink:

down-the-slope
12-08-2012, 04:59 PM
for those who manned (and womaned) up and went today :not worth....the reward makes it worth while. A small amount of pride has rerturned.

we will need fortune with injuries but at least we have a platform to build - with 5 new players making home debuts, when they have time to gel we should do OK. It also gives some space to blood the youngsters in as well - Table toppers st Mirren next :greengrin

down-the-slope
12-08-2012, 06:29 PM
should also say glad to see a couple of the players gather all the others to give acknowledgement to the support after the final whistle....bridges being built

Twiglet
12-08-2012, 06:31 PM
should also say glad to see a couple of the players gather all the others to give acknowledgement to the support after the final whistle....bridges being built

Think the fans brought a few players to the finishing line today, some looked pretty tired towards the end.

Rossco1875
12-08-2012, 06:36 PM
brilliant atmosphere today shame about the few thousand missing that did not want to turn up against the big bad hearts:rolleyes:

S.sct
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Hibs fans responded to the team and then visa-versa. A long way to go but encouraging signs today.

A rude awakening for the yams who thought they only had to turn up to win easily. Welcome to a world were your sugar daddy doesn't subsidise you anymore :vladsheep:

:agree:

lord bunberry
12-08-2012, 06:49 PM
if you never made the game today because you didn't want to listen to that mob having a party then shame on you as the only show in town today was in the home end

Top Pans Hibby
12-08-2012, 06:50 PM
ok uber fan...you're the best :rolleyes:

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Outstanding effort from everyone today. Our performance off the park just seemed to add to the patheticness of the 'party' they were having.

Thecat23
12-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I went along but I don't blame anyone who didn't, some just had, had enough of Hibs not turning up and on top of that they were going to try give us it right. Well done to the team for fighting.

lord bunberry
12-08-2012, 06:53 PM
ok uber fan...you're the best :rolleyes:

Thanks i take it you never made it today

Top Pans Hibby
12-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Thanks i take it you never made it today

Correct. ST unused I'm afraid. Thought of Petrie still in the stand too much for me!

carnoustiehibee
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
What a clown

hibsbollah
12-08-2012, 06:58 PM
brilliant atmosphere today shame about the few thousand missing that did not want to turn up against the big bad hearts:rolleyes:

You need to go and boil your heid. Theres a hundred and one good reasons why the turnout was poor today. Selfrighteous twattery from those in attendance doesnt help. Getting a team on the park that is worth watching is a good start.

machibby
12-08-2012, 07:01 PM
if you never made the game today because you didn't want to listen to that mob having a party then shame on you as the only show in town today was in the home end

Shame on you for coming up with such a childish thread Über fan

theonlywayisup
12-08-2012, 07:01 PM
What a clown

Who? Please explain yourself!

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 07:02 PM
The team.have to win the fans back and today was a good start. It was noticeable how quickly the fans got onside when they saw the effort and commitment.

A few more weeks of effort like that and the fans will start drifting back.

McD
12-08-2012, 07:02 PM

What business is it of yours whether or not people attended and why?

The_Todd
12-08-2012, 07:03 PM
This is tragic, for many reasons. Haven't we had enough bickering and infighting yet?

hibsbollah
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM

A post devoid of class. The only shame is on you.

Emerald

I went and wasn't bothered a bit because I have really stopped caring that much anymore. However, I came out caring again and for the first time in a long time we didn't get bossed by them. They weren't that good but we played with organisation, pride and passion. I can't believe this is the same Hibs that were at Dundee last week. Anyway it gives us a bit of hope and more performances like that will see fans returning. Well done today and credit where credit is due. :agree:

jdships

Please ,Please ,Please not another ' I'm a better supporter than you' thread :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
Correct. ST unused I'm afraid. Thought of Petrie still in the stand too much for me!

Do you not think thats part of the problem petrie isn't going to resign so surely the best way to bring about change is from within fwiw i think petrie should go as well not because of anything he has done but. Mainly because he has become a barrier to people attending er

The Green Goblin
12-08-2012, 07:05 PM
No need whatsoever for this thread. What are you hoping to achieve here? (Apart from letting the world know what a great fan you are).

The Green Goblin
12-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Why not encourage folk to return, instead of divisively having a go?

Big Frank
loady pash

NORTHERNHIBBY
Well done to those of us who in the face of paying the wrong amount[ if you don't have a season] to watch football played at the wrong time and on the wrong day, turned up.
To those that didn't, given the amount of valid reasons not to, I don't say anything good or bad.
It is not my place to do that.

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2012, 07:08 PM

Well, shame on me then.

FTR, there were plenty other shows in town today. I was at one of them.

Ross4356
12-08-2012, 07:08 PM

Your an idiot

Top Pans Hibby
12-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Do you not think thats part of the problem petrie isn't going to resign so surely the best way to bring about change is from within fwiw i think petrie should go as well not because of anything he has done but. Mainly because he has become a barrier to people attending er

You're probably right my good Lord but I am honestly scunnered. After today hopefully we'll see some improvement.

All I want however is for Hibs potential to be fulfilled.

GGTTH

lord bunberry
12-08-2012, 07:10 PM
A post devoid of class. The only shame is on you.

Really. I was embarrassed by the empty seats in our end today

marinello59
12-08-2012, 07:11 PM

Dearie me. There were good reasons why people didn't go. Well done to those who were there today who eventually outsung that mob and were rewarded with a decent Hibs performance. Hopefully it will tempt others back but there was no shame in not going.
Special mention for Section 43 and the Singing Section. They showed the Yams how it should be done. :thumbsup:

Hibs7
12-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Lack of a large crowd might just get the message across to teflon Petrie and the board, that unless they do something to improve the team, home support will stay around the 7000 mark.
Wake up and smell the coffee ....... a good team on the park brings the crowds in.

hibsbollah

So maybe think about blaming the people at the club who have presided over 5 years of woeful sheidt on the pitch, instead of your fellow fans.

The Green Goblin

Were you surprised though?

lord bunberry
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM
You're probably right my good Lord but I am honestly scunnered. After today hopefully we'll see some improvement.

All I want however is for Hibs potential to be fulfilled.

GGTTH

Me to mate im no uber fan im just disappointed that our support didn't turn up today but hopefully today's Performance will be a springboard to a successful season

theonlywayisup
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM
What is all this uber fan rubbish being aimed at the OP?

A sup·port·er/səˈpôrtər/

Noun:

A person who approves of and encourages someone or something (typically a public figure, a movement or party, or a policy).
A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team.

There seem to be a lot of supporters on Hibs.net who like not to encourage our team nor seem actively interested in OUR team.

Yes - let's gang up on the person who actually attends games rather than be critical of those that don't. Bizarre!!

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 07:17 PM

Shame on you for being a trumpet.

Hibs need to play better to persuade fans they are worth watching.

At the moment Hibs are stuck with the loyal fans like you and I.

theonlywayisup
12-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Lack of a large crowd might just get the message across to teflon Petrie and the board, that unless they do something to improve the team, home support will stay around the 7000 mark.
Wake up and smell the coffee ....... a good team on the park brings the crowds in.

Yes, wake up and smell the coffee. How about Petrie and the board are not going to invest in the team on the hope that Hibs fans may turn up in the future. Many might not agree that that is the right thing to do, but it is reality. Yes, we have all been let down in the past, but now is the time to really get behind OUR team.

bigwheel
12-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Your an idiot

Er no....he is a supporter ....

lord bunberry
12-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Were you surprised though?

I wasn't expecting a sell out but the number of empty seats surprised me

The Green Goblin
12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
What is all this uber fan rubbish being aimed at the OP?

A sup·port·er/səˈpôrtər/

Noun:

A person who approves of and encourages someone or something (typically a public figure, a movement or party, or a policy).
A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team.

There seem to be a lot of supporters on Hibs.net who like not to encourage our team nor seem actively interested in OUR team.

Yes - let's gang up on the person who actually attends games rather than be critical of those that don't. Bizarre!!

Nobody's "ganging up" on the op. (what overdramatic nonsense) but they are responding to the way he is blasting people who chose not to go.

lord bunberry
12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Why not encourage folk to return, instead of divisively having a go?

Your right i was just a bit disappointed with the crowd today

The Green Goblin
12-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Your right i was just a bit disappointed with the crowd today

Fair dos. I was a bit surprised too, but i think its a sign of the times, sadly. Heres hoping it picks up. ;-)

theonlywayisup
12-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Nobody's "ganging up" on the op. (what overdramatic nonsense) but they are responding to the way he is blasting people who chose not to go.

gang up 1. To join together in opposition or attack

:cb

Hibs7
12-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes, wake up and smell the coffee. How about Petrie and the board are not going to invest in the team on the hope that Hibs fans may turn up in the future. Many might not agree that that is the right thing to do, but it is reality. Yes, we have all been let down in the past, but now is the time to really get behind OUR team.

Hibs fans have turned up when it mattered, Dunf game at the end of last season, the cup final, todays display will have some people thinking about going back, a win next week and more will feel like that, a winning team brings in the crowds, we have put up with absolute rubbish for the last few seasons, time we had some pleasure in going to ER.

Crazyhorse
12-08-2012, 07:35 PM

How did you enjoy the pre-season tour. Leuven was a party despite the defeat wasn't it?

lord bunberry
12-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Your an idiot

Yeah great reply mate my point is to many people didn't turn up today not because they couldn't afford to or they were working but because we were playing hearts and if that's not concerning to you then its you who is the idiot

The Voice Of Reason
12-08-2012, 07:38 PM
You need to go and boil your heid. Theres a hundred and one good reasons why the turnout was poor today. Selfrighteous twattery from those in attendance doesnt help. Getting a team on the park that is worth watching is a good start.

I'll second that, well said sir :agree:

theonlywayisup
12-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Hibs fans have turned up when it mattered, Dunf game at the end of last season, the cup final, todays display will have some people thinking about going back, a win next week and more will feel like that, a winning team brings in the crowds, we have put up with absolute rubbish for the last few seasons, time we had some pleasure in going to ER.

No, they turned up when there was a chance to win a cup! But now, given the current financial climate, OUR club needs us like never before!

DH1875
12-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Good effort in the East today, we even joined in from the FF.

Were you in the lower or upper? Where I was in the upper was dead for 90% of the game.

lord bunberry
12-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Fair dos. I was a bit surprised too, but i think its a sign of the times, sadly. Heres hoping it picks up. ;-)

As do i mate maybe my op was a bit poorly worded it was just a bit soul destroying standing with all those empty seats. I know we all want the same thing

jabis
12-08-2012, 07:49 PM

i have had the joy of reading some s*it on here,but seriously,"Mainly because he he has become a barrier(sp)to people attending ER"
no offence mate,and with the greatest respect,....pppppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

and by the way,i'm a certified "uberfan" :cb

JimBHibees

So what we were good move on.

Reaper

I dont turn up as i vote with my feet. I have however paid for my ST in order to support the club. I have been let down too many times you are correct and refuse to go as much as it pains me while the current board are in situe (despite how much it pains me) as they are imho ruining our club. So you wake up and smell the coffee. The OP's a trumpet and out of order. How about you just do what you do, they do what they do and leave others to do what they are going to do? Would that not be better? Money aside there's no arguing with diminishing crowds and it paints a picture (Just my opinion mind)

p.s I'm not fooled by todays result. Hibs havent got better, Hearts have just got worse.

Lee
12-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I went and wasn't bothered a bit because I have really stopped caring that much anymore. However, I came out caring again and for the first time in a long time we didn't get bossed by them. They weren't that good but we played with organisation, pride and passion. I can't believe this is the same Hibs that were at Dundee last week. Anyway it gives us a bit of hope and more performances like that will see fans returning. Well done today and credit where credit is due. :agree:

:agree: Spot on - hopefully the players will have gained confidence from that performance today too. Pretty simple for me - put in 110% effort as a minimum and the players will have the backing and the support from the stands. Much better today, players and atmosphere in general (as it was the last home game of the season, actually)

lord bunberry
12-08-2012, 08:03 PM
[/B]

i have had the joy of reading some s*it on here,but seriously,"Mainly because he he has become a barrier(sp)to people attending ER"
no offence mate,and with the greatest respect,....pppppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

and by the way,i'm a certified "uberfan" :cb

No offence taken :greengrin but do you not think that petrie has become an unhealthy distraction

Onceinawhile
12-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Hopefully, today's result and performance will encourage a few back. We need a couple wins on the bounce though and ER could be starting to fill.

McD
12-08-2012, 08:07 PM
No, they turned up when there was a chance to win a cup! But now, given the current financial climate, OUR club needs us like never before!

I appreciate your passion and I see the point that you're making, however I would say that given the current financial climate, people are having to make choices with their income in ways not experienced for a long time, when non essential things cost potentially huge amounts in relation to their income. The last few seasons have made it a lot easier for people to say that their money could be better spent on other things rather than hibs. £400 for a season ticket could go a long way towards a family holiday, or Christmas.

Equally, I know what you are saying in that hibs need our financial support to drive an upward spiral, however they need to show its worth people's while to go, worth their financial, time, and emotional support. They'll also need to show that the money we put in will be invested in a positive manner, in getting decent players in rather than dross and coaching payoffs. In that respect, I think the players we've got in have been encouraging on the showings so far, last week aside.

jabis
12-08-2012, 08:18 PM
No offence taken :greengrin but do you not think that petrie has become an unhealthy distraction

:greengrin only to you.

silverhibee
12-08-2012, 08:37 PM

That f***ing drum was a distraction today.

jabis
12-08-2012, 08:40 PM
That f***ing drum was a distraction today.

I smoke Golden Virginia myself.

Seekyit
12-08-2012, 08:45 PM
No that bothered either way. Just glad to see Griffiths put the ball in the baccy the net.:cb

ALF TUPPER
12-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Thought out support did well today. Enjoyed watching the Hibee Bounce and singing. Take a bow people.

silverhibee
12-08-2012, 09:23 PM

More of a green man myself.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2012, 09:49 PM
I sat in a different seat today, just to the left of the half way line. Right up the back cc i think, and the atmosphere was great. Sorry SH, but for me the drum was terrific and kept the songs going all game. Like the team we were all up for it today, days like this will bring the fans back. :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Today was a bit like going to the dentist and expecting major root canal surgery without anesthetic, only to be informed that you just need to get your teeth cleaned and can even have some gas if you so desire.

Two factors caused this, 1) there was an organised, committed and battling Hibs performance, which we frankly haven't seen in a few years, certainly not in this fixture, and 2) Hearts and their support were crap. It was supposed to be their party but they seemed strangely timid and demoralised, perhaps realising that they now have to face us on more of a financial level playing field and this 'easy ride' days are over. On the 'easy ride' issue, it was also exemplified by by the later events in Robertson's when their own mother/sister/brother etc wouldn't even give then their hole. That's the first time since 1874 that's happened.

Hiber-nation
12-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Today was a bit like going to the dentist and expecting major root canal surgery without anesthetic, only to be informed that you just need to get your teeth cleaned and can even have some gas if you so desire.

Two factors caused this, 1) there was an organised, committed and battling Hibs performance, which we frankly haven't seen in a few years, certainly not in this fixture, and 2) Hearts and their support were crap. It was supposed to be their party but they seemed strangely timid and demoralised, perhaps realising that they now have to face us on more of a financial level playing field and this 'easy ride' days are over. On the 'easy ride' issue, it was also exemplified by by the later events in Robertson's when their own mother/sister/brother etc wouldn't even give then their hole. That's the first time since 1874 that's happened.

:thumbsup: :top marks

silverhibee
12-08-2012, 10:11 PM
I sat in a different seat today, just to the left of the half way line. Right up the back cc i think, and the atmosphere was great. Sorry SH, but for me the drum was terrific and kept the songs going all game. Like the team we were all up for it today, days like this will bring the fans back. :thumbsup:

You must have been a few rows behind me, sorry but the drum does my head in, it seemed to get used a lot to get the paedo song going and the Mercer song, is s43 in charge of the drum, agree about the atmosphere it was great today but we can do that with out the drum. Noisy Bleeper. :thumbsup: The drum not you BH. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2012, 10:24 PM
You must have been a few rows behind me, sorry but the drum does my head in, it seemed to get used a lot to get the paedo song going and the Mercer song, is s43 in charge of the drum, agree about the atmosphere it was great today but we can do that with out the drum. Noisy Bleeper. :thumbsup: The drum not you BH. :greengrin

I have no idea who has the drum SH, but i like it. :thumbsup: In fact i'm thinking of bringing my own too, a bigger one. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2012, 10:25 PM
We could also do with a brass section, perhaps we could issue some free tickets down salamander street? :greengrin

The_Horde
12-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Love the drum and who cares about the mercer song?

Alley alley alley ohhhhh was barry! :hibees

wearethehibs
12-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Alley alley alley ohhhhh

leggeto
12-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Looked terible in Ireland on the tv but sounded good

The Green Goblin
13-08-2012, 12:52 AM
As do i mate maybe my op was a bit poorly worded it was just a bit soul destroying standing with all those empty seats. I know we all want the same thing

Indeed we do! :wink: I understand the frustration, so no worries about the op. I had another wee think about it too, so...I can totally see why you felt that way.

Ross4356
13-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Er no....he is a supporter ....

So do you agree with his post and not think it was out of order?

Ross4356
13-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah great reply mate my point is to many people didn't turn up today not because they couldn't afford to or they were working but because we were playing hearts and if that's not concerning to you then its you who is the idiot

I think you have been largely criticised for your post and the best thing to do is admit you were wrong in what you said. Werther or not it concerns me is irrelevant, I don't go around telling people that I don't know, they have shamed the club, how dare you do it!!!

rcarter1
13-08-2012, 11:52 AM
p.s I'm not fooled by todays result. Hibs havent got better, Hearts have just got worse.[/QUOTE]

Very morbid view Reaper, Hearts were worse than May no doubt, but Hibs were better for sure. If the same Hibs team in the final had turned up with the same attitude, I suspect we would have lost the game against the present Hearts team. See what you want, but for me sunday was a positive step.

CorrieHibs
13-08-2012, 12:07 PM

I was the exact the same. Wasn't looking forward to it and i have been disheartened recently. However I thought section 43 made a great noise the players responded well, even when we went 1 nil down we didn't give up. In the end we should of won.

and what happened to their party? They only sang when they scored. Boring party!

Sean1875
13-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Does anyone else understand where yam fans are getting all this 'your celebrating a draw like youve won the world cup' idea from? Just because we outsang them for 90 minutes and were pleased with a decent performance, its far from outlandish celebrations. Just cause they couldnt throw a party in a brewery they need to keep trying to reassure themselves theyre such a 'huge' team :rolleyes:

marinello59
13-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Does anyone else understand where yam fans are getting all this 'your celebrating a draw like youve won the world cup' idea from? Just because we outsang them for 90 minutes and were pleased with a decent performance, its far from outlandish celebrations. Just cause they couldnt throw a party in a brewery they need to keep trying to reassure themselves theyre such a 'huge' team :rolleyes:

They are clutching at straws. They are just starting to realise just how mediocre their team is now that they are living within their means.