PDA

View Full Version : James McPake

Hillsidehibby
12-08-2012, 02:05 PM
"There's no way they will run over the top of us from now on"

Take a bow son!!:thumbsup:

AlbertK86
12-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Yep Steele in his voice and eyes just like his performance on the park !

givescotlandfreedom
12-08-2012, 02:12 PM
A REAL captain truly worthy of leading Hibernian!

God Petrie
12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
He's a legend. I always forget how much I love him until I watch him play.

I haven't had such a man crush on a player since David Murphy.

#FromTheCapital
Best captain we've had in a long time

Wotherspiniesta
Heroic performance today. Owned Sutton.

The man crush continues

God Petrie
12-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Heroic performance today. Owned Sutton.

The man crush continues

Sorry he's mine.

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Sorry he's mine.

Sorry, but you don't even have him as your avatar. :cb

Hibby D
12-08-2012, 03:26 PM
:hilarious

HibeeN
12-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Anybody catch his wee gesture to the Yams at the end of the game? :greengrin I loved it - leads by example, keeps a cool head throughout the game, doesn't get involved in scuffles, keeps his teammates away from the ref, and at the end turns around to the away end and pats his badge to show them exactly who he plays for.:thumbsup:

muzzhfc
12-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Nice to see him pointing to his name at the yams and then not taking it further and thus, avoiding a needless booking. Unlike one captain on the park today

Vault Boy
12-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Anybody catch his wee gesture to the Yams at the end of the game? :greengrin I loved it - leads by example, keeps a cool head throughout the game, doesn't get involved in scuffles, keeps his teammates away from the ref, and at the end turns around to the away end and pats his badge to show them exactly who he plays for.:thumbsup:

That was class, after the scrape with the Hearts player ? Love the man.

Matt92
12-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Outstanding from McPake today.

He is such a hero, he will become a legend.

Sherlock Jones
12-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Sorry, but you don't even have him as your avatar. :cb

Where are you, likes? :greengrin

EdinMike
12-08-2012, 03:49 PM
I think he has all the characteristics to become the next "Sauzée" I think I have a man crush on him as well !!

S.sct
Impervious

Wotherspiniesta
Where are you, likes? :greengrin

Where are your hands, like? :greengrin

sbell1875
12-08-2012, 03:50 PM

Was this the lifting of the shirt at the shoulders or the badge patting at them?

Loved them both and I am proud to say he is our captain.

Also, a big pat on the back to those Hibs fans who turned up today. It was a really disappointing turnout but the fans were exceptional today. Hopefully things are on the up.

GGTTH.

HibeeSince85
12-08-2012, 03:50 PM

That was class, a bit of what that wee rat Skacel used to do right back at them.

I love McPake, such a committed player, first captain we've had in years that's worthy of the role!

Sherlock Jones
12-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Where are your hands, like? :greengrin

:whistle: :lips seal

plhibs
12-08-2012, 03:51 PM

Just watching the replay now and loved the way he rushed to get LG away from the yams after the goal.:aok:

HibeeN
12-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Just watching the replay now and loved the way he rushed to get LG away from the yams after the goal.:aok:

I was concerned about what LG would do if he scored after taking abuse from them, but Captain Fantastic was on the scene at once! :greengrin He really is a captain in every sense of the word, and I think the role he takes in keeping his teammates away from the ref and out of trouble is a really responsible one, and will go a long way in cutting out needless bookings.

plhibs
12-08-2012, 04:06 PM
I was concerned about what LG would do if he scored after taking abuse from them, but Captain Fantastic was on the scene at once! :greengrin He really is a captain in every sense of the word, and I think the role he takes in keeping his teammates away from the ref and out of trouble is a really responsible one, and will go a long way in cutting out needless bookings.

Agree about that 100%

heidtheba
12-08-2012, 04:07 PM

Absolutely - can't remember who was 'at it' but he was straight on the scene when there looked like a fight was about to kick off after a bad tackle.
His post match interview was excellent too.
Well done Captain!

Monts
12-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Immense

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 08:26 PM
The man is everything I would want in a leader, and more. Top man, top player. James McPake :not worth

Gatecrasher
12-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Loved his reaction at the end :greengrin

sauzee6_2
12-08-2012, 08:32 PM
I loved McPakes comment in his interview....

"There is no way we where going to drop our heads, there is no way that they're going to walk over the top of us from now on" - James McPake

Just what we need from a captain.

Hibs3-2
12-08-2012, 08:35 PM
anyone got a link?

FranckSuzy
12-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Sorry, but he's mine :love ya!: :not worth

blaikie
12-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Haven't had a captain we can depend on since Rob Jones! Keep it up James.

madabouthibs
12-08-2012, 08:40 PM
He was going radge at teammates after their goal, like proper radge, something we haven't seen from a captain for years! Passion, coupled with properly channelled radgeness!

AlbertK86
12-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Effin marvellous

hfc rd
12-08-2012, 08:55 PM
What did he did he do the yams at ft? Never saw it.

I think this is the best move the board has done for a very very long time. Bring him back home permanently. True captain. I think he will become a hibs manager in the future.

Seekyit
12-08-2012, 08:59 PM

I think this is the best move the board has done for a very very long time. Bring him back home permanently. True captain. I think he will become a hibs manager in the future.Steady. :greengrin

He was "immense" as someone said earlier. He's got a certain swagger.

Nae man crush like...

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2012, 09:00 PM

I think this is the best move the board has done for a very very long time. Bring him back home permanently. True captain. I think he will become a hibs manager in the future.

eh :confused: he IS

coco22
The guy is a rock. Delighted we got him back and have stated on other threads that, despite other areas needing strengthened, recapturing Mcpake was a massive priority. A potential legend

RoYO!

Slapped the badge on his chest. Was standing near the centre circle at the time

hfc rd
12-08-2012, 09:03 PM
eh :confused: he IS

Oops. I meant to say brought him back.

bingo70
12-08-2012, 09:07 PM
I love him.

Smiggy 7-0
12-08-2012, 09:13 PM
MOM yet again
:not worth

ALF TUPPER
12-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Applauded and smiled up to the support in FF stand then patted his heart.

Nice one James

basehibby
12-08-2012, 09:18 PM
If Fenlon makes a better signing for Hibs he'll be doing well - has taken on the mantle of captain and given it the dignity it deserves through a series of unswervingly commited and talented performances - we had a lot of good performances today but McPake's was the rock on which the rest of them were built. The great thing is - that just seems to be the way he is!

whiskyhibby
12-08-2012, 09:19 PM
If Fenlon makes a better signing for Hibs he'll be doing well - has taken on the mantle of captain and given it the dignity it deserves through a series of unswervingly commited and talented performances - we had a lot of good performances today but McPake's was the rock on which the rest of them were built. The great thing is - that just seems to be the way he is!

Spot on........a true Hibernian captain and legend in the making

Borderhibbie76
12-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Seriously luv our captain, a class act who seems to genuinely love hibs and us fans! So hope today is turning point!!! And thank **** we have James mcpake!!

matty_f
12-08-2012, 10:44 PM
McPake is what we have been crying out for for years. When you chuck in some other older heads in the other areas of the pitch you see the difference in the team.

It must be fantastic playing alongside someone so committed and he is the best possible person I can think of to captain our club.

Man crush ahoy!

cocopops1875
12-08-2012, 10:50 PM
I don't know if anyone else noticed (just watched the sky recording) at the handshake line captain yam walked up 1st McPake stuck out his hand but looked away (or said something or gave his hand a squeeze) this annoyed the horrid yam somewhat :-) good stuff

Franck Stanton
12-08-2012, 10:57 PM
The man truly is the complete footballer. We now have the makings of a half-decent side with a strong spine -

Williams ----- McPake------Deegan-----Kuqi [spelling? if signed] and with players alongside them [ hanlon - Cairney - Griffiths], suddenly it has gone from "doom and gloom" and" Fenlon must go" to, wait a minute, we could be top 6 minimum, possibly even top 4 challenging for Europe . Now I know it is early doors but the signs are there. just have a wee bit faith lads/lassies. Onwards and upwards. GGTTH

leggeto
12-08-2012, 11:23 PM
thou shall not pass James mcpake

TrinityHibs
13-08-2012, 08:39 AM
McPake was outstanding. He owned Sutton yesterday.

WeAreHibs
13-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Anyone got a link to the interview?

The Voice Of Reason
13-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Well played Jimbo! Please stay fit !

Also worth mentioning his attacking qualities - he was a big threat at corners and throw ins to their box.

Keep up the good work skipper !

Aldo
13-08-2012, 08:58 AM

Phone playing up but if you google ESPN James McPake you'll find it there. Sorry cant forward the link.

hibbybrian
13-08-2012, 08:59 AM
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/video_audio/164898.html?genre=2;sport=3

YehButNoBut
13-08-2012, 09:03 AM
It's superb to have someone with his passion & commitment, well played James. :thumbsup:

EdinMike
13-08-2012, 09:08 AM
O Captain ! My Captain !

Seany HFC 7-0
13-08-2012, 09:13 AM
The man is a fantastic captain! :scarf: Love how on twitter he always follows up whatever he says with 'GGTTH' at the end!:thumbsup:

WeAreHibs
13-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Cheers fella!

Great to see them both gutted for the right reasons this time.

Brightside
13-08-2012, 09:18 AM
I think Hanlon has improved him... :wink:

GreenCastle
13-08-2012, 09:22 AM

:thumbsup:

McPake a natural leader and LG a natural scorer - both will be big players for us this season :aok:

Tha Cabbage Kid
13-08-2012, 09:25 AM
love it!! interview was great!

JohnStephens91
13-08-2012, 03:35 PM
An actual post on Brokeback:

deluded hibee mate thought mcpake was man of the match. I didn't see him winning a header all game.

What game was he watching? McPake won about 95% of his headers and was effective in the air and almost scored with two headers. He was probably too busy wondering if the Yam party had shown up.

Teo10
13-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Just a wee hint in the interview that the Templeton incident should be reviewed there :wink:

Delighted to see them mention the final aswell actually, they dont shy away from it, they have put it past them and ready to move on. HOW IT SHOULD BE!:hibees

S.sct
13-08-2012, 04:41 PM

What game was he watching? McPake won about 95% of his headers and was effective in the air and almost scored with two headers. He was probably too busy wondering if the Yam party had shown up.

Really? Well that just proves that the yam fuds don't have the mental capacity to watch a game for more than 5 minutes. He was probably watching spongebob square pants cartoons on his phone.....

S.sct
13-08-2012, 04:46 PM

Stop it im filling up.......Luv it

Aubenas
13-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Also most impressed on the flight from Brussels to Berlin - he sat next to Sparky! And also had a quiet walk up and down the plane cabin checking the players were all ok and having the odd word. Real leadership stuff!

S.sct
13-08-2012, 04:56 PM

Thanks for that, hadn't seen it, luv the attitude and the message going out there.

Heisenberg
13-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Some Jambos feel the need to belittle and talk down Mcpake because he's actually turned out to be a good player for us and is the leader we've been missing for ages. Totally dominated Sutton yesterday and didnt put a foot wrong. Stood up to every one of them on the pitch and even got their captain telt during the handshake pre kick off. Zaliukas was rattled before the game even started.

matty_f
13-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks for that, hadn't seen it, luv the attitude and the message going out there.

The interview was first class. That's why he is our captain. I think we finally have someone in the team that kids will want to be when they're playing footy with their pals. Not had that in a long time.

Franck Stanton
13-08-2012, 05:32 PM

Sounds like that jambo in-bred should only pay half-price to get into the game. After all he only watches one team play.

hibernian95
13-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Some Jambos feel the need to belittle and talk down Mcpake because he's actually turned out to be a good player for us and is the leader we've been missing for ages. Totally dominated Sutton yesterday and didnt put a foot wrong. Stood up to every one of them on the pitch and even got their captain telt during the handshake pre kick off. Zaliukas was rattled before the game even started.

Zaliukas is a fud. James is just the man. i'd have him over any ****bo. oh and i forgot, **** the hearts

:flag::pfgwa

Macaroon
13-08-2012, 06:40 PM

I do love our captain :agree: Such a great leader and absolutely dominated Sutton from first whistle to last.

S.sct
13-08-2012, 06:44 PM
The interview was first class. That's why he is our captain. I think we finally have someone in the team that kids will want to be when they're playing footy with their pals. Not had that in a long time.

Bang on and to my cost, the wee man wants his name and number on his new shirt.

SaulGoodman
13-08-2012, 07:07 PM
How does he make that accent sound so good? :love ya!:

Billy Whizz
13-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Get him wrapped up on cotton wool after his game with N.Ireland on Wednesday night

weecounty hibby
13-08-2012, 07:49 PM
He was immense yesterday. Did everything you could ask of a captain. Leads by example in words and deeds. Hope he stays fit and stays around ER for a long time to come.

Glory Lurker
13-08-2012, 10:04 PM
James McPake can slam a revolving door....

James McPake speaks fluent Chinese. In French....

So we are definitely letting him off with doing "the twirly" with his scarf when they did the lap of honour after the DAFC game? (come on, this thread has no bitterness in it at all, what's happened to us?:greengrin)

Baldy Foghorn
13-08-2012, 10:22 PM
He was immense yesterday. Did everything you could ask of a captain. Leads by example in words and deeds. Hope he stays fit and stays around ER for a long time to come.

:agree::agree:

A real leader, a real captain on and off the pitch......Magic.....

ronaldo7
13-08-2012, 10:24 PM
James McPake can slam a revolving door....

James McPake speaks fluent Chinese. In French....

So we are definitely letting him off with doing "the twirly" with his scarf when they did the lap of honour after the DAFC game? (come on, this thread has no bitterness in it at all, what's happened to us?:greengrin)

It was the Stadium that was circling round him that night.:wink:

DAVE1875
14-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Seen the news earlier: "The search for John Sutton, who disappeared during the Edinburgh Derby over the weekend, continues. Police have reason to believe that he is still in James McPake's back pocket."

Silly I know ;)

Pedantic_Hibee
14-08-2012, 09:32 AM
What happened with McPake and Zaliukas pre-match? I missed it.

AlbertK86
14-08-2012, 05:56 PM
What happened with McPake and Zaliukas pre-match? I missed it.

He done a saurez esque non shake of the hand and big Zal was less than impressed

Pedantic_Hibee
14-08-2012, 05:58 PM
James McPake is a hero. The end.