PDA

View Full Version : No Fenlon must go thread then

edwards
12-08-2012, 02:05 PM
I shouldn't think so either, I don't think this forward who is gonna sign will be the last either, we could do with another midfiled player empty Stephens and I know I am not gonna be popular Stevenson as well this would help fund more players. Would like to keep O'Hanlon but he could be on his way out as well before the end of August.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
No yit.....:greengrin

The Green Goblin
12-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Why that thread title though? Why not something positive to headline your point? In trying to make a point about negative threads, you put a thread title that's bound to cause negativity.

The Sea-gull
12-08-2012, 03:15 PM
In fairness has there been many serious shouts for him to go? His record since taking over has not been great. His summer transfer dealings have not been that exciting but he did inherit a mess and still deserves time to try and sort it. An encouraging performance today and given where we are and where they are, a point from an away trip to tannandice and a home derby is not head calling stuff. Nothing should lead to head calling at this stage in the season.

Franck Stanton
12-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Not been a shout for him to go as such - more of a rumbling, especially after last weeks performance. I say he needs time, - at least two seasons [if not more], all this managerial merry-go-round has to stop.

JIm
12-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Not been a shout for him to go as such - more of a rumbling, especially after last weeks performance. I say he needs time, - at least two seasons [if not more], all this managerial merry-go-round has to stop.

I'm not calling for his head, i'm willing to support him but still not convinced he is the man for the job. Yes he inherited a mess and has a massive job on his hands but the thing that i struggle to see past is style of play. Whilst today was an improvement in terms of fight etc its not great to watch. Still as i've said ill back him as much as i can and hope that in time he proves me wrong.

Top Pans Hibby
12-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Whilst a draw was a better result than expected for most the fact that barely 9000 hibbies turned up is worrying. Sad to say but my ST went unused by me today. IMO Farmer & Petrie still have huge questions to answer re their plans for Hibs. GGTTH.

Onion
12-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Whilst a draw was a better result than expected for most the fact that barely 9000 hibbies turned up is worrying. Sad to say but my ST went unused by me today. IMO Farmer & Petrie still have huge questions to answer re their plans for Hibs. GGTTH.

:agree: But kinda understandable. The Yams were there to party and in all likelihood going to turn us over (again). There was little to suggest this Hibs side were capable of even putting up a fight.

As it happens, all of PFs signings looked good and a darn sight better than the imposters he moved on. There was a real belief in the side and we were unlucky not come away with 3 points. The two weak positions on show were Stephenson and Doyle so can only hope Petrie releases a bit of cash to support PF properly before the window closes.

S.sct
12-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I shouldn't think so either, I don't think this forward who is gonna sign will be the last either, we could do with another midfiled player empty Stephens and I know I am not gonna be popular Stevenson as well this would help fund more players. Would like to keep O'Hanlon but he could be on his way out as well before the end of August.

To be fair the team today produced a performance that PF was asking for. Gutsy, battling and a tougher attitude. This is not yet the type of football i want to watch but it is a step forward (at least today). A few more cultured additions ( hopefully with pace) and there just could be the makings of a team there.

jacomo
12-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Huge rebuilding job to do. A lot of supporters have lost their faith, and fair enough. We are by no means out of the woods yet.

But I think Fenlon's post-match BBC interview was the most impressive he's sounded yet. Honest, focused, and displaying a keen understanding of his players. Too often for me he's been dragged into topics he should leave alone, or done the tub thumping without having much to show for it.

Well done PF, let's hope this is the start of something.

leggeto
12-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Spoke to an old guy in Ireland and he said he is a cheque book manager I said I'd give him 6 month he said get shot o him I say keep the faith:flag:

steakbake
12-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Better today but we're nigh on celebrating a draw like its a win.

It's a long way back but this was a good start. Need to keep it up and keep it going. Hibs have apparently turned more corners than I care to remember.

As I say, a good start but I'm not sure the doubters can be expected to become totally convinced based on the game today.