PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

Vault Boy
12-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Williams - 6 Bad communication with Maybury for the goal, but solid saves
Clancy - 8 I thought he defended very well and was composed on the ball
McPake - 8 Superb today, won everything
Hanlon - 7 Very good next to McPake, caught out once or twice, but did well throughout
Maybury - 7 At fault for the goal, but played well despite, looked comfortable and composed
Wotherspoon - 7 Much better today, didn't always beat his man but won the ball back from defenders a lot and looked dangerous
Deegan - 7 great debut, a bit of fitness and he'll be a good addition
Stevenson - 7 Neat and tidy before being taken off
Cairney - 8 lively, uses the ball well and puts himself about, good stuff
Sparky - 9 Always dangerous, love him
Doyle - 6 Not his best, but put himself about

SUBS:
Claros - 6/7 Passed the ball fairly well and actually put in a couple of good challenges
Caldwell - No time
Handling - No time

Much better today, the fans were great as always.

Referee - 6 Should have sent off Templeton, he seemed intimidated by the players. I suppose he was competent for the rest of it :greengrin

:flag:

HH81
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Williams - 6 Bad communication with Maybury for the goal, but solid saves
Clancy - 8 I thought he defended very well and was composed on the ball
McPake - 8 Superb today, won everything
Hanlon - 7 Very good next to McPake, caught out once or twice, but did well throughout
Maybury - 7 At fault for the goal, but played well despite, looked comfortable and composed
Wotherspoon - 7 Much better today, didn't always beat his man but won the ball back from defenders a lot and looked dangerous
Deegan - 7 great debut, a bit of fitness and he'll be a good addition
Stevenson - 7 Neat and tidy before being taken off
Cairney - 8 lively, uses the ball well and puts himself about, good stuff
Sparky - 9 Always dangerous, love him
Doyle - 6 Not his best, but put himself about

SUBS:
Claros - 6/7 Passed the ball fairly well and actually put in a couple of good challenges
Caldwell - No time
Handling - No time

Much better today, the fans were great as always.

Referee - 2, should have sent off Templeton, he seemed intimidated by the players.

:flag:

Rubbish about the ref, that was his only mistake thought he did well :confused:

HibbyAndy
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Thought we were excellent today, Maybury bar the goal was very comfortable.Solid signing.

Hearts didnt win because we didnt let them. Each and every single player played there part today, Well impressed, Play like that next week and we win.

HibbyAndy
12-08-2012, 02:04 PM

Templeton SHOULD have been red carded.

MSK
12-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Rubbish about the ref, that was his only mistake thought he did well :confused:Thought the ref done well today ..:agree:

Vault Boy
12-08-2012, 02:05 PM

Would have put higher, just thought the mistake was a disastrous one, a slight typing error too, meant to put 3 :greengrin

HH81
12-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Templeton SHOULD have been red carded.

Correct, as I said that was his only mistake whole game :wink:

dmc1875
12-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Would have put higher, just thought the mistake was a disastrous one, a slight typing error too, meant to put 3 :greengrin

I was sitting in FF didnt see what templeton did??

Vault Boy
12-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I was sitting in FF didnt see what templeton did??

Purposefully kicked McPake studs showing after he was brought down. Red card easy, referee was standing next to it.

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Why is it you were able to look at the big picture with Maybury but not the ref? Maybury's mistake was disastrous as well was it not? Or is just an excuse to bash the ref? One mistake does not make a terrible game, regardless if he a ref or a player.

Vault Boy
12-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Why is it you were able to look at the big picture with Maybury but not the ref? Maybury's mistake was disastrous as well was it not? Or is just an excuse to bash the ref? One mistake does not make a terrible game, regardless if he a ref or a player.

I wasn't bashing the referee, I just didn't think he had a great game, I changed the score in hindsight but Jaysus, I'm entitled to an opinion.

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 02:12 PM
My picks would be Wotherspoon, McPake and Clancy. Griffiths for his goal. Cairney showed well in flashes, reminds me of John O'Neill. I thought Claros did pretty well coming on. Deegan did add something, definitely strong and can pass. Doyle was never really in it I thought.

3pm
12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Williams - 6

Clancy -6
McPake - 8
Hanlon - 8
Maybury - 6

Spoony -6
Deegan - 7
Stevenson - 5
Cairney - 7

Doyle - 6
Griffiths - 8

Getting ****in stuck in - 10

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 02:15 PM
I wasn't bashing the referee, I just didn't think he had a great game, I changed the score in hindsight but Jaysus, I'm entitled to an opinion.
Of course you are, just try to make it a balanced one and you won't get pulled up as often.

Vault Boy
12-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Of course you are, just try to make it a balanced one and you won't get pulled up as often.

Point taken, had a bit of red mist after seeing the incident being replayed again :greengrin

Elephant Stone
12-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Williams - 7

Clancy- 6
McPake 7
Hanlon 6
Maybury- 7. Solid apart from the goal, glad we've signed him.

Wotherspoon- 4 Nice first touch in the build up to the goal but his distribution was absolutely woeful. Infuriating to watch.
Deegan - 7. Impressive.
Cairney- 8. We managed to keep possession in the centre for the first time in a long, long time. I thought he was brilliant.
Stevenson - 6

Doyle 5. Worked his socks off but nothing seemed to happen for him. Hopefully he can become more effective in time.
Griffiths- 8.

Overall I'd say that's our best performance under Fenlon, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Williams- 5 Dodgy at corners.

Maybury- 6 Would have been better but for the obvious.
Hanlon- 7 Done well. Fairly solid.
McPake- 9 MOTM for me. Never gave Sutton an inch. Ferocious in the challenge, scared McGowan ****less and then wound up some mutants. Epic.
Clancy- 8 Great game from him. Stuck into Templeton all game and never let up.

Wotherspoon- 7 Great game I thought. Set up Sparky with a great pass and put in some great balls. Can't wait to hear how certain posters on here thougt he got on. Voice of Reason....
Stevenson- 6 Did well, great spot to pick out Spoony for goal. Limped off.
Deegan- 8 Loved his tenacity. Foul on Templeton was spot on and will get better when match fit.
Cairney- 7 Again, loved his tenacity. Gave their young RB a hard game and solidered on despite being sick.

Doyle- 5 Quiet game from him, some nice touches.
Griffiths- 8 Great game. Took his goal brilliantly. Gave his all and could have been the match winner had he not ran himself into the ground.

Claros- 6 Thought he done well.
Caldwell- 5 Looked OK.
Handling- 5 Bit of a livewire.

They played as a team today. Fought manfully and stood toe to toe with the Hearts players all game. Just the typeof performance we wanted in the final, but Fenlons signings look to have a lot more tenacity than the previous squad.

Elephant Stone
12-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Wotherspoon- 7 Great game I thought. Set up Sparky with a great pass and put in some great balls. Can't wait to hear how certain posters on here thougt he got on. Voice of Reason....

He was good for the goal, as you say, but apart from that his passing was atrocious. He looked slightly more comfortable on the ball against their rookie full back but a decent player should have slaughtered the full back. In the first half a ball from Wotherspoon to Griffiths would have put him one on one with their goalie- he passed it straight to their full back. In the second half we were breaking well and there was a player running down the left- Wotherspoon missed him by a mile.

Don't want to get too much into it as I'm really pleased with the team overall but I really don't get your "can't wait to hear his critics" thing there as if he's played a blinder. His distribution would give you the boke.

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Wotherspoon- 4 Nice first touch in the build up to the goal but his distribution was absolutely woeful. Infuriating to watch.

I'm sorry, but thats absolute garbage. Are you really THAT brass necked in your criticism of Spoony that you can't give the lad credit when he has a good game?

hibee_girl
12-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Williams 6 - Obvious mistake for the goal but otherwise did well

Clancy 7 - pretty solid
Hanlon 8 - excellent game, glad to see him back with McPake
McPake 9 - Solid
Maybury 7 - would have been higher but for their goal, was very impressed with him, what we've been crying out for imo.

Wotherspoon 6 - he was the weakest link today for me, not glaringly awful but many stray passes etc
Stevenson 6 - quiet game from him but he didn't actually misplace a pass when he was on the pitch, hope is injury isn't too bad
Deegan 8 - very impressed with his debut, again he is exactly what we've been needing.
Cairney 8 - good solid game from him, impressed he stayed on for the full 90 after being sick 4 times!

Doyle 6 - quiet from him but still some really good touches and movement from him
Griffiths 9 - excellent from him, could have easily had more than one goal, and he managed to keep calm too!

Subs:

Claros 7 - wasn't expecting much when he came on but was pleasantly surprised with him, he really got stuck in and played some superb passes
Handling 4 - looked good
Caldwell 6 - unlucky not to score the winner

Allant1981
12-08-2012, 02:52 PM
He was good for the goal, as you say, but apart from that his passing was atrocious. He looked slightly more comfortable on the ball against their rookie full back but a decent player should have slaughtered the full back. In the first half a ball from Wotherspoon to Griffiths would have put him one on one with their goalie- he passed it straight to their full back. In the second half we were breaking well and there was a player running down the left- Wotherspoon missed him by a mile.

Don't want to get too much into it as I'm really pleased with the team overall but I really don't get your "can't wait to hear his critics" thing there as if he's played a blinder. His distribution would give you the boke.

Think your rating for DW is a tad harsh, i would have given him a 6 today. Thought he had a decent game. Looking a wee bit fitter as well

Elephant Stone
12-08-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry, but thats absolute garbage. Are you really THAT brass necked in your criticism of Spoony that you can't give the lad credit when he has a good game?

A comment befitting the username "wotherspiniesta" for sure :faf:.

See my post above. He did one good thing but if you compare it to the amount of times he lost possession where there was a simple pass it's vastly outnumbered.

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Think your rating for DW is a tad harsh, i would have given him a 6 today. Thought he had a decent game. Looking a wee bit fitter as well

Don't bother with him. He's clearly made up his mind. To give ANYONE in a green shirt a 4/10 today is ridiculous.

Allant1981
12-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Don't bother with him. He's clearly made up his mind. To give ANYONE in a green shirt a 4/10 today is ridiculous.

yip dont think anyone deserved a 4 today, just wish he had a bit more pace

down-the-slope
Williams - 7 - Unbeleivable save and catch from Templtone free kick first half - couple of superman jobs at corners that could have been punished...but better than rooted to line

Clancy- 7 - Experiance showed and having a FB that can overlap is great - thows are another plus
McPake 8 - I think he enjoyed the Tussle with a big forward looked knackered late on and Sutton got something out of him. Looks much much happier with hanlon back beside him
Hanlon 8 - cut out so many balls and won lots of headers..did have a couple of short clearances
Maybury- 7. Solid - goal asidelike Clancy with his experience helping us and shutting down space for Hearts youngsters - does not look / play like hes 34
Wotherspoon - 7 better link up play and benefitted from experience behind. Great part in goal. Couple of lose passes when pitch was open Nice first touch in the build up to the goal but his distribution was absolutely woeful. Infuriating to watch.
Deegan - 8. Would have been 9 if he had a second half like first graet debut 45. Probably lucky to stay on pitch with 3 fouls after yellow...looks like he will be a real fav enforcer
Cairney- 8. Does not at all look like a player making a step up..loved his confidence on the ball and grit.
Stevenson - 7 benefitting from some decent players around him - brilliant ball in build up to goal

Doyle 6. Very busy but not going to get much change against those 2 CH's with high balls - needs to learn to 'make it stick' more with first touch.
Griffiths- 8. Great effort off the post and took goal well. The chance second half was probably easier as he had more time than he thought. The most impressive was he channeled his energy into game and not getting involved as to draw refs attention to him

Claros - 7 - looked to be enjoying having a couple of decent passers around him. some great interceptions particularly after Deegan was caught out. nice tidy passing
Caldwell - 3 Good position for hearder shame it was straight at keeper. Needs to learn that at this level you defend from front..and put more pressure on defenders
Handling - 4 - hard to get involved as we were sat a bit deeper by this point. one great chase into box for a 'lost cause' that he got to

PF - 9 - 4-4-2 at last / Hanlon back at CH and Ivan on the bench / and showing he has an eye for players the 5 on display new this season are all improvements - lets hope we can find resources for the Forward and winger we need.

Fans - 10 for those who attended and SUPPORTED you were magnificent and the players fed of that - particularly the way negativity did not spread after losing the shocker of a goal

Vault Boy

Too right. Even the poorest player (whoever that may be) had a good game.

SMAXXA
12-08-2012, 03:02 PM

Worst hibs player on the park by a mile

Allant1981
12-08-2012, 03:04 PM

Cant you just give the guys credit rather than slating them?

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Another one who's made up his mind.

Here's a thought, what would have happened had Sproule recieved Lewis' ball for the goal? ...I think we all know the answer.

Elephant Stone
12-08-2012, 03:08 PM

Here's a thought, what would have happened had Sproule recieved Lewis' ball for the goal? ...I think we all know the answer.

He'd have had the same praise Wotherspoon did. Did you miss that bit out? His first touch for the goal was nice. Apart from that his passing was terrible, shall we just ignore all that possession lost because he did well for the goal?

Eyrie
12-08-2012, 03:09 PM

Stevenson was largely anonymous until taken off, whilst Wotherspoon worked hard all game and set up the goal. So I'm with Wotherspiniesta that his critics today are ignoring his performance.

FromTheCapital
12-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I thought Wotherspoon was extremely good today?

Juice-Terry
12-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I thought Wotherspoon was extremely poor today? :confused:

Agreed. Woeful.

Allant1981
12-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Agreed. Woeful.

Away and dont slaver, he was no where near woeful

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 03:19 PM
He'd have had the same praise Wotherspoon did. Did you miss that bit out? His first touch for the goal was nice. Apart from that his passing was terrible, shall we just ignore all that possession lost because he did well for the goal?

I think you're missing my point.

His passing was in no way terrible. He overhit Caldwell second half, which was poor. Apart from that, his corners were an improvement, he played a great one two with Claros second half, he cut inside giving the young LB a hard time. He got a great flick to Griffiths cross first half which just eluded Doyle, he won the ball back a few times, helped Clancy out dealing with Templeton and set up our goal with a great take and slide rule pass.

I'm not Lewis Stevensons biggest fan, but I'm able to give him credit when he's had a good game.

It's called being objective.

Elephant Stone
12-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I thought Wotherspoon was extremely good today?

Don't be scared, you're allowed to say he was poor, believe it or not.

Eyrie
12-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Don't be scared, you're allowed to say he was poor, believe it or not.

But only when he has a bad game, like last week at Tannadice.

Elephant Stone
12-08-2012, 03:24 PM
I think you're missing my point.

His passing was in no way terrible. He overhit Caldwell second half, which was poor. Apart from that, his corners were an improvement, he played a great one two with Claros second half, he cut inside giving the young LB a hard time. He got a great flick to Griffiths cross first half which just eluded Doyle, he won the ball back a few times, helped Clancy out dealing with Templeton and set up our goal with a great take and slide rule pass.

I'm not Lewis Stevensons biggest fan, but I'm able to give him credit when he's had a good game.

It's called being objective.

In the first half we should have had a one one one between Griffiths and their goalie, a simple pass from Wotherspoon would have allowed this. We missed out because of his slack pass. There's no getting away from that. If you compare his passes completed today to his passes which had gone astray it will make grim reading.

I don't know why you're tellling me about your opinion on Stevenson. If I thought Wotherspoon had played well I'd have said he did, I've not got anything against him, I'd rather he played well. Ultimately for me his passing is consitently poor and for a midfielder to have had a good game this just can't be the case.

Maybe one day.

DaveF
12-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I thought Wotherspoon had a very decent 1st half. Was always a good outlet on the right and put in a few good crosses as well an excellent touch and pass for the goal.

Sure he gives the ball away and makes error's. Everyone does. I hope he continues to improve his form in the weeks to come.

Amadou_Konte
12-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Surprised by the amount of people praising Wotherspoon. Maybe because he has been that bad that fans are exaggerating when he plays OK. Good touch for the goal but we could have had at least two clear cut chances had he played a simple through ball. Distribution is terrible, can't beat a man. Happy with the team performance today but Spoony isn't good enough IMO.

PatHead
12-08-2012, 03:28 PM
In the first half we should have had a one one one between Griffiths and their goalie, a simple pass from Wotherspoon would have allowed this. We missed out because of his slack pass. There's no getting away from that. If you compare his passes completed today to his passes which had gone astray it will make grim reading.

I don't know why you're tellling me about your opinion on Stevenson. If I thought Wotherspoon had played well I'd have said he did, I've not got anything against him, I'd rather he played well. Ultimately for me his passing is consitently poor and for a midfielder to have had a good game this just can't be the case.

Maybe one day.

Can you not just give it a rest? We have all got your opinion, just leave it and let us get on with enjoying a good team performance.

Really didn't expect to come on here to find such negative comment.

Elephant Stone
12-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Can you not just give it a rest? We have all got your opinion, just leave it and let us get on with enjoying a good team performance.

Really didn't expect to come on here to find such negative comment.

I'm really happy with the team performance, we definitely seem to be on the right track. I just don't think Wotherspoon played as well as some people said, that's all!

Famous Fiver
12-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Elephant Stone.

YES.

fife hfc
12-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I felt every player played their part today, including Stevenson, Wotherspoon and doyle who have come in for criticism. The level of performance was mush improved on last week and even though we still need a couple of players at least it does show we are capable of competing with them. best for me was mcpake, Deegan and griffiths but everybody gets passmarks and with a burly striker up front we would have won today.

Williams 7
clancy 7
Maybury 7
Hanlon 8
Mcpake 9
stevenson 7
Deegan 8
cairney 7
Wotherspoon 7
Doyle 7
Griffiths 9

StarMan10
12-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Williams 7 - Good shot stopper by the looks of things. Couple of dodgy attempts at corners but otherwise solid.
Clancy 6 - Good going forward but for the second week in a row he had a torrid time dealing with a tricky winger. Stuck at it though.
Mcpake 8 - Won everything against Sutton. Captains performance.
Hanlon 7 - Very composed performance. Good partner to Mcpake.
Maybury 7 - Apart from their goal thought .he had a great debut. Driver got nothing out of him at all.
Wotherspoon 6 - Played some decent stuff and nice assist for the goal but still looks short of confidence in taking someone on.
Stevenson 6 - Quietish again. Played some nice long balls but just want that wee bit more from him.
Deegan 8 - Been crying out for a player like him. Strong in the tackle and good on the ball. Tired towards the end just needs to up the fitness.
Cairney 7 - Refreshing to see someone willing to take players on. Like deegan puts himself about. Think he'd be best suited in the middle of the park though.
Doyle 6 - Hope to be proved wrong but just dont see enough in him to be effective enough.
Griffiths 8 - Gave their defence a torrid time. Important player for us.

Subs - Claros 6 - Some decent stuff but he doesnt seem to communicate enough which puts us under pressure.
Caldwell 6 - Probably the most likely of the youngsters to make an impact due to his physique. Unlucky with a header.
Handling 5 - Didnt have much time but think its abit early for him. Some link up play but think he would benefit from a short loan spell.

HibeeSince85
12-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Williams -7
Clancy - 7
McPake - 9
Hanlon - 8
Maybury - 6
Spoony - 6
Deegan -8
Stevenson - 6
Cairney -7
Doyle - 6
Griffiths - 8

Team looked good, for effort no player can be faulted. McPake was class, Sparky caused them problems and Deegan looks a really good player.

Stevenson was never in the game, Spoony wasted two great chances and Maybery gave the goal away(played well however, looks a decent signing, despite the phanny behind me giving him it tight from the start of the game but a 6 for the mistake)

Fans were fantastic, the **** were silent.

Huge improvement from what I saw at Tannadice!

Steven_Hibs
12-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Williams -7
Clancy - 6
McPake - 8
Hanlon - 7
Maybury - 6
Spoony - 4
Deegan -8
Stevenson - 4
Cairney -8
Doyle - 6
Griffiths - 7

Overall, much better, though McPake was really good, had Sutton under control all game. Deegan in the first half was amazing, the booking definitely changed his game after the break, but when Claros came on, he took over that role, which he did amazing also. Wotherspoon is the most frustrating player ever, one min he does brilliantly (a wee neat turn/skill) the next he overhits the pass, he does this all the time. Also overhits corners and takes mediocre freekicks, he's also very lazy in my eyes, but everyone is entitled to their opinions. Cairney was also very good. Got stuck in and not afraid to pass and move, and take players on.

Proud to be a hibee after today. I'd still bin Hanlon, Stevenson, Wotherspoon however, and imagine replacing these three, with quality players with a calbire of Deegan, McPake etc. We would definitely be in the running for 2nd, oh well, :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Stevenson is the only player I'd replace, doesn't offer enough.

Doyle will get better with confidence when he scores a goal, we have to remember Zaliukus and Webster will be one of the better CH pairings we will play against.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Rubbish.

Lost count of how many times he let them away with the niggly foul or kicking the ball away to slow down the Hibs attack.

Warn the first and book the second. Only way they ll learn.

On the plus side. I LOVED the Deegan 'Roy Keane' role of bossing the midfield and TELLING the ref what should be happening. Hope he gets away with it for the rest of the season.

scoopyboy
12-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Most peoples pecking orders are about the same, I'm no different.

The big thing for me is that there should be no doubt that if injury free and not suspended our centre back pairing should be James McPake and Paul Hanlon.

They looked solid last season and linked well today.

Paul is a better centre back than he is at left back IMO.

James is better at right side than he is left.

Last week we had James at left and Stephens right and our captain struggled.

essexhibee
12-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I must say all of the new signings impressed me today. Yes Maybury had a howler for their goal, but apart from that played well I thought. Lucky for him Sparky saved his arse. Cairney looks good, gives a attacking threat down the wing we lack. Deegan was great. Clancy comfortable apart from that dodgy moment.

Fergos
12-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Rubbish.

Lost count of how many times he let them away with the niggly foul or kicking the ball away to slow down the Hibs attack.

Warn the first and book the second. Only way they ll learn.

On the plus side. I LOVED the Deegan 'Roy Keane' role of bossing the midfield and TELLING the ref what should be happening. Hope he gets away with it for the rest of the season.

Totally agree on the Deegan point, great to see someone bossing the middle and having a go at all and sundry for the benefit of the team!! Proper little digger, hope he continues to improve when the fitness comes.

Brightside
12-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Most peoples pecking orders are about the same, I'm no different.

The big thing for me is that there should be no doubt that if injury free and not suspended our centre back pairing should be James McPake and Paul Hanlon.

They looked solid last season and linked well today.

Paul is a better centre back than he is at left back IMO.

James is better at right side than he is left.

Last week we had James at left and Stephens right and our captain struggled.

Spot on. I'm fed up telling people. Hanlon will go on to play at he highest level. They cover each other extremely well.

SMAXXA
12-08-2012, 05:54 PM

Here's a thought open your eyes and watch the performance he put in, he's torture. Fair play he did well for the goal really good ball.

That aside he was our worst player by a mile, takw your head out the sand and admit he is not good enough.

Unreal you can even justify him

calumhibee1
12-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Williams - 6

Clancy - 7
McPake - 9
Hanlon - 7
Maybury - 6

Spoony - 6
Deegan - 8
Stevenson - 5
Cairney - 8

Sparky - 9
Doyle - 5

Everyone done well, Stevenson and Doyle never done much at all though. Would have been happy with a draw before the game but disappointed not to beat them after seeing how the game panned out.

calumhibee1
12-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Williams -7
Clancy - 6
McPake - 8
Hanlon - 7
Maybury - 6
Spoony - 4
Deegan -8
Stevenson - 4
Cairney -8
Doyle - 6
Griffiths - 7

Overall, much better, though McPake was really good, had Sutton under control all game. Deegan in the first half was amazing, the booking definitely changed his game after the break, but when Claros came on, he took over that role, which he did amazing also. Wotherspoon is the most frustrating player ever, one min he does brilliantly (a wee neat turn/skill) the next he overhits the pass, he does this all the time. Also overhits corners and takes mediocre freekicks, he's also very lazy in my eyes, but everyone is entitled to their opinions. Cairney was also very good. Got stuck in and not afraid to pass and move, and take players on.

Proud to be a hibee after today. I'd still bin Hanlon, Stevenson, Wotherspoon however, and imagine replacing these three, with quality players with a calbire of Deegan, McPake etc. We would definitely be in the running for 2nd, oh well, :greengrin

Bin Hanlon? You've got to be kidding.

scoopyboy
12-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Bin Hanlon? You've got to be kidding.

Sounds like a terrorist!!!!

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Everyone gets a 9 from me, with McPake getting an 11. :flag:

down-the-slope
12-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Everyone gets a 9 from me, with McPake getting an 11. :flag:

You been drinking all the way home on the train :greengrin

Titch
12-08-2012, 06:29 PM

I can forgive honest mistakes from refs when they are unsighted etc... However as Ive just watched the highlights on the telly i am 100% certain gollum has seen the kick and CHOSE to do nothing.

I wonder if templeton will get a ban for it because he seen and and done nothing

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Williams 6 ....... Didnt have any real saves to make, but a couple of times he didnt go for balls he perhaps should have. At the Maybury incident he should have been out there and totalled Maybury ... he would still have got the ball.

Clancy 6 ..... A solid effort and looks like he can chuck a ball too.

McPake 9 .... What can you say, a real Captain, competed for every ball and gave the Yam forwards no peace, a danger up front as well.

Hanlon 8 .... a very good performance, faught for every ball.

Maybury 6 .... would have been 7 if it hadnt been for his vital mistake, apart from that a good effort.

Stevenson 6 ... neat and tidy until going off.

Deegan 7 .... a wee turd, gets stuck in and can play a bit too ... just what we have been looking for, if he had lasted 90 minutes would have got an 8.

Cairney 7 .... good in possession, can pass, can beat his man, doesnt panic and gets stuck in ... if he had lasted the 90 minutes he would have got a 9

Wotherspoon 6 .... got into good positions, set up a goal and worked hard. But he drives me mental ... he failed too many times to beat his man and was slow to close down at times, not because he is lazy, but because he is too slow ... he had a great chance at the death to set up a dangerous break, but his pass was a shocker.

Doyle 6 .... just not enough of an impact for me, he tries hard and does have a bit of skill, but doesnt create enough or pose a goal threat. Hope to see better from him.

Griffiths 7 ... worked hard. I wish we had got the ball to him more. But he scored and hit the post and nearly got a second with a great turn in the box in the second half ..... therefore did his job very well.

Subs: Claros 6 .. did a good job. Caldwell 5 .. no time to make an impact but worked hard. Handling 5 .. see Caldwell.

Ref 6 ... did OK but let them off with a couple of things he should have punished.

Hibs fans who were there ........... 10 ... for turning up and for getting behind the team even when we were down.

Yam fans ......... 00 .......... Call THAT a party!

All in all a good effort by Hibs, but at the end of the day it was a draw and we dropped too far back in the last 15 minutes. If we can take that performance into our next match we should do OK.

jethart hibee
12-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Great performance today, best in a long while, well done hibs !!!:flag:

hfc rd
12-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Best derby peformance in ages. At last the players were showing some grit and determination and you can see the reception they got from the fans at the FT whistle.

2 strikers and a creative midfielder and I will be happy with that.

seven nowt
12-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Williams -7 - good distribution, caught Templeton's free kick well.
Clancy - 6 - little disappointing
McPake - 9 - rock solid
Hanlon - 8 - good game as usual
Maybury - 6 - comfortable in possession mostly, but rocky at times
Spoony - 5 - too greedy, only got by the young fullback twice.
Deegan - 8 - hard as nails, plays the easy pass, happy with this signing
Stevenson - 4 - never rated him
Cairney - 7 - creative player at times, done his bit
Doyle - 5 - I rate Doyle highly, but was lethargic today
Griffiths - 8 - constant threat on the hearts goal

number9dream
12-08-2012, 07:26 PM
It was a day for rolling up the sleeves and the players deserve credit for doing just that.
With a little more composure in the final third, we would have taken all three points.

Hanlon and McPake were excellent. Griffiths full of beans, Deegan looks the part (even if he is a bit hefty) and Wotherspoon had a good first half.

Slight worries:

Williams missed a couple of corners completely and we were very lucky McGowan headed wide.
Neither full-back got forward much.
Cairney can't kick the ball with his left foot. Not much use if you're playing wide left.
Doyle was poor, looks very short on confidence, couldn't hold the ball up at all.

R'Albin
12-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Williams - 6 I'm inclined to say Maybury was more at fault for the goal, however I felt he should have ran out and clattered everyone in his path and taken the ball. Dodgy from 1 or 2 crosses, however felt he performed well overall

Clancy - 7 The fact that I can't remember much of what he did beside clatter Hearts players can only be a good thing. Been impressed with him and think he is a really solid signing.

Hanlon - 8 Again, solid throughout. Almost tempted to give him an 8 because of his last ditch interception in the second half.

McPake 10 - Sorry, but a fantastic performance from him today. Pretty much faultless and completely took Sutton out of the game, he never even got a sniff. He lifts our entire defence, actually, our entire team and is our best signing in years.

Maybury 7 - Such a shame he made the mistake as he performed really well throughout. Mistake or not; his addition probably saved us a couple of goals, compared to having Stephens on.

David Wotherspoon 4 - My tin hat is firmly on here, and 4 is maybe harsh considering his good ball for the goal, however I don't think he offers much and was a total passenger throughout IMO. He has no confidence at the moment and I don't know how you can sort that.

Stevenson 5 - Like others, didn't even realise he was playing until about 15 minutes in. Never really did much - still a fan of him though and he is a really good squad player.

Deegan 6 - I love him already, he never did much but he is the tough midfielder we have been crying out for.

Cairney 7 - Looks a player. Apparently he was vomiting all over the place at one point, still, didn't seem to cause him any bother during the game and thought he played well overall.

Doyle 4 - Again, I hate being Mr.Negative, but I thought he was really poor today. Didn't have any composure and never cause their defence any bother at all. I don't think he's good enough for the SPL, sorry.

Griffiths 8 - On the contrary, he constantly looked a threat. He missed a couple of good chances but he never stopped running, and the second he was taken off we never looked like scoring

Subs

Claros 8 - Great performance when he came on. I've always thought that when he got used to the tempo of the Scottish game he could become a decent player. Always found a man with his passes and got stuck in, really composed on the ball. I was very impressed with him.

Handling 3 - Not much time to do anything, needed to have a shot himself in the second half but never had the confidence to.

Caldwell 3 - Never did much, hardly surprising but never looked half as confident on the ball as he did when I last watched him.

I think the main thing today was that we worked fantastically well as unit. I know I gave the midfield some low ratings, as I don't think any of them had a particularly amazing solo performance, however they all worked together and it made it so much harder for them. Our defence were incredibly solid, and that was so unbelievably refreshing to watch.

I really enjoyed today and was great to see us stand up to them, and show that we still have fight left in us. Our fans were brilliant I felt, and their party was completely ruined. More of the same please Hibs.

saltandsauce
12-08-2012, 08:22 PM
R'albin, thought spoony had a decent game today and deserved more than the rating you gave him. Infact to give any hibby less than a passmark is pretty poor imho. Ps hope you your dad and Mrs banff got up the road ok.

GreenOnions
12-08-2012, 08:45 PM

It's always amazing how certain players just seem to get so much more stick than others.

On the BBC commentary they were talking about how DW stood out as someone with talent.

As an example - much as I would love Doyle to do well for Hibs (and I think he will do - given time) IMHO he often offers a lot less than DW (particularly in the wide left role) and yet gets the most understanding and patient reaction on here.

Maybe we should show the same degree of patience with DW? He still qualifies for the U-21s and, in fact, is considered to be one of the key players for Scotland U-21s!

BEEJ
12-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Young Campbell had a good game when he came on as a sub.

According to the commentator on the Sportscene highlights just there, if he'd done better with that header towards the end "he could have made a name for himself".

Aye, like 'Caldwell', ya numpty!

:rolleyes:

truehibernian
12-08-2012, 10:25 PM
I thought Hibs played well today but the thing that was lacking was a real cutting egde up top. Delighted for Alan Maybury, who I thought had a superb debut - his mistake was a howler but to get that out your system and play the way he did showed mettle and experience. McPake threw himself at everything and that is the quietest I have seen JohnSutton in any game.

Surprised that not many have mentioned Claros - for me, when he came on, he put his foot on the ball and kept things nice and simple. By playing a more balanced and gritty midfield it was clear that the possession Hearts had was limited to narrow football and rarely did they move the ball out wide.

Much much improved derby showing and a draw for me was fair - neither team really looked confident enough to take the points.

Downside for me was Spoony - terrific take and give for Leigh's goal admittedly - but he twice had superb chances to slip Leigh and Eoin through and was laboured with the pass. He really needs to sharpen up his game for me.

Both Hibs' full backs were polished today and young Leigh ran himself into the ground. McPake however was by far the MOTM.

R'Albin
12-08-2012, 10:32 PM
R'albin, thought spoony had a decent game today and deserved more than the rating you gave him. Infact to give any hibby less than a passmark is pretty poor imho. Ps hope you your dad and Mrs banff got up the road ok.

Wasn't impressed with him or Doyle at all, I seem to be the only one though. We did thanks, traffic was a bit of a 'mare apparently but I fell asleep anyway! Likewise with yourselves...You took the train didn't you?

Edit - You got a lift, I blanked :greengrin

leggeto
12-08-2012, 11:28 PM
David Stevens was murder warming up today, Leigh motm for me today

DAVE1875
13-08-2012, 12:17 AM
My only concern with Williams is coming out to catch the ball during a corner, think the team are still used to Stack doing it. Hopefully this is something he improves on. Early days yet but I think Ben could be a solid keeper for us

davhibby
13-08-2012, 01:08 AM
How Wotherspoon is on the set-pieces I don't know. I think about 2 of the ones he took made it past the first man. IMO Deegan should be taking them, he took one today and it was right on a players head.

DAVE1875
13-08-2012, 01:19 AM
How Wotherspoon is on the set-pieces I don't know. I think about 2 of the ones he took made it past the first man. IMO Deegan should be taking them, he took one today and it was right on a players head.

Do we even have designated set-piece takers?

SMAXXA
13-08-2012, 08:21 AM
I thought Paul Hanlon had a good game yesterday. Really didnt notice him too much and thats what I would expect from a good ch. He did everything pretty well, maybe having those 3 experienced players beside him will bring him onto being a player. Ive been critical of him in the past be credit where credits due, keep it up.

Really pleased with the team performance minus a few errors and some nolt as good as other but overall think it was really pleasing. We played like a team and the biggest difference I fel was that we went 442, made a huge difference IMO.

dangermouse
13-08-2012, 09:48 AM
David Stevens was murder warming up today, Leigh motm for me today

:confused:Stevens wasn't even in the squad. A trip to SpecSavers may be the order of the day :wink:

rcarter1
13-08-2012, 10:04 AM
I thought Doyle looked a bit lost, maybe another position is better for him, with a little more space he can look pretty good.
Wotherspoon looks like a player going in the right direction. Some good positions and touches, but quite often indecisive - the goal was a notable exception. Im happy with him in the team, and like some others we have like Hanlon, Claros and Stevenson and the youngsters, a bit of protection from an improved standard around them, can bring these guys on.

If Wotherspoon watches the derby match over again, Im sure he will see a number of situations that he could improve on with a little more composure, and a little more conviction.

lord bunberry
13-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Purposefully kicked McPake studs showing after he was brought down. Red card easy, referee was standing next to it.

Did templeton get booked if he didn't then maybe the compliance officer will have a look at it

Vault Boy
13-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Did templeton get booked if he didn't then maybe the compliance officer will have a look at it

No punishment at all mate, should have been a straight red.