PDA

View Full Version : The midfield

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Much happier with that today, Deegan and Cairney have given us a bit of bite and are giving Stevenson, Spoony and Claros some time. Excellent build-up play for our goal and with maybe another player in, we'll be even better.

After ages of seeing a one dimensional side, really think that this is the turning point.

J-C
12-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Up until Stevensons injury, I didn't realise he was playing, Claros looked cool as a cucumber, with added protection in the midfield, he'll be a player for us.

WhileTheChief..
12-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Looking at the team today it is beginning to take shape. Weak spots for me are still Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Doyle although I accept the 3 of them were fine today.

It's all about raising the bar though and inevitably every team will have it's weaker players. That these 3 are now our weakest shows that the team has improved.

So replace Doyle with Kuqi and bring in some width and creativity for midfield and I'll be happy :greengrin

SMAXXA
12-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Up until Stevensons injury, I didn't realise he was playing, Claros looked cool as a cucumber, with added protection in the midfield, he'll be a player for us.

Absolutely right, I was the same didn't realise he was playing. Definitely feel much more positive about today.

muzzhfc
12-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Looking at the team today it is beginning to take shape. Weak spots for me are still Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Doyle although I accept the 3 of them were fine today.

It's all about raising the bar though and inevitably every team will have it's weaker players. That these 3 are now our weakest shows that the team has improved.

So replace Doyle with Kuqi and bring in some width and creativity for midfield and I'll be happy :greengrin

I would be happy to wait for a creative midfielder. As long as we get in a couple of wingers. Move cairney into cm along with deegan then would be a bit more ballanced.

sahib
12-08-2012, 02:15 PM
I would be happy to wait for a creative midfielder. As long as we get in a couple of wingers. Move cairney into cm along with deegan then would be a bit more ballanced.

Is that not where they were?

AlbertK86
Would like to see Cairney team up With Deegan in the centre. On e the two of them get fully fit and up to speed with the pace of SPL I think they'll do well. Won't get pushed about.

Cairney looks quite creative but id like to see another Creator. If nobody new coming in lets give Stanton a shot

calamitus
Absolutely right, I was the same didn't realise he was playing. Definitely feel much more positive about today.

Did stevenson not put in the crossfield diagonal pass to spoon that opened up the space for sparky to run into for his goal?

muzzhfc
12-08-2012, 02:18 PM

Out wide on the left

hibby13
12-08-2012, 02:20 PM

No, Cairney played wide.

SMAXXA
12-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Did stevenson not put in the crossfield diagonal pass to spoon that opened up the space for sparky to run into for his goal?

One swallow doesn't make a summer

Rick Rude
12-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Looked like Cairney was throwing up on the pitch at one point? Think the fact he still played on speaks volumes for his attitude and its an attitude we've long been missing.

Elephant Stone
12-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Much better. I'd put Cairney in the centre with Deegan in the future though, they both looked composed and held onto the ball very well. I think we still need wide players though.

hibbybrian
12-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Looked like Cairney was throwing up on the pitch at one point? Think the fact he still played on speaks volumes for his attitude and its an attitude we've long been missing.

Did nobody warn him about the smelly tramps :greengrin Petrie :grr:

hibee_girl
12-08-2012, 02:55 PM

:agree:

He was sick at least 4 times in the space of a few minutes but refused to come off

DaveF
12-08-2012, 02:58 PM
:agree:

He was sick at least 4 times in the space of a few minutes but refused to come off

Bad pint last night? :greengrin

PatHead
12-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Didn't think I would ever hear Richard Gordon say "Hibs midfield bullied Hearts today" but I'm sure he did!!!!!!!!!!!

Tactics spot on, team now taking shape. But we have to build on it.

Franck Stanton
12-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Didn't think I would ever hear Richard Gordon say "Hibs midfield bullied Hearts today" but I'm sure he did!!!!!!!!!!!

Tactics spot on, team now taking shape. But we have to build on it.

They did, [and I for one loved every minute of it ] - have waited a long time to see it. Onwards and upwards now Hibbys

Franck Stanton
12-08-2012, 03:13 PM

Correct , but even a 1000mile journey begins with the first step.

sbell1875
12-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Much happier with that today, Deegan and Cairney have given us a bit of bite and are giving Stevenson, Spoony and Claros some time. Excellent build-up play for our goal and with maybe another player in, we'll be even better.

After ages of seeing a one dimensional side, really think that this is the turning point.

If Spoony could play that "killer through ball" more often I really think we could be on to something because Sparky made great space on a number of occasions.

I do agree though. Cairney was far more involved than last week and Deegan put in some shift. I would honestly bring in Claros for Stevenson and I think the midfield would look a lot better.

Today also confirms that 4-4-2 is the best formation for us in my opinion.

calamitus
12-08-2012, 03:26 PM

That's what I keep telling the mrs.