PDA

View Full Version : There's your improvement (merged)

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 01:21 PM
On last weeks performance. :agree:

Let's kick on from here.

heidtheba
12-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Yup - McPake played well, Wotherspoon was much better, Deegan looks like the enforcer type we need and Maybury, aside from the mistake, looked solid. Big game for Griffiths - I wasn't a fan of his but he looked good today.
Would like to see Doyle come into it more and we need a fast pacy winger still.

Bob Box Fish
12-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Played well still need 2 wingers and a striker minimum. Keeper was very poor at cross balls and communication from him to the defenders was also poor.

McPake and, Griffiths played very well tho.

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Solid display. The fact that this defence and goalie combination has only had a couple of games showed a couple of times, but that will come.

Deegan is exactly what we need, a big solid player who will put himself about. Mistake aside, Maybury was good and his experience did us well. I'm excited about Cairney, superb signing. If we do sign Kuqi and we have a strong player who can help with playing in Sparky, we'll look even more solid up front.

Wotherspoon I was happy with today, was a very good pass to set up the goal. Sparky played well.

Not perfect and there's a long way to go, but I'm feeling confident that with another couple of players in PF will have us moving up the table.

I do think today shows what PF means by getting the right people in the dressing room - after that calamity by Maybury we rallied and showed some bottle and determination.

7/10 today.

Frazerbob
12-08-2012, 01:25 PM
2 points:

1. what a difference a straight forward 4-4-2 makes.

2. What a difference a level playing feild makes - no bent ref and no players on £10k they can't afford

Tha Cabbage Kid
12-08-2012, 01:25 PM
better performance and better result.

everything was better about our team today. except maybe claros. noy sure what is his specialty.

Haymaker
12-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Much, much better

MSK
12-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Yup - McPake played well, Wotherspoon was much better, Deegan looks like the enforcer type we need and Maybury, aside from the mistake, looked solid. Big game for Griffiths - I wasn't a fan of his but he looked good today.
Would like to see Doyle come into it more and we need a fast pacy winger still.:agree: a lot more fight today..a bit more sharper in the final third & we could have taken full points ...

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Mods, feel free to merge this with the other improvement thread.

heretoday
Very fair summing up by wee Robbo. No lack of effort from Hibs just lack of class where it matters. Hearts will be happy with the draw.

darwenhibby
Played well still need 2 wingers and a striker minimum. Keeper was very poor at cross balls and communication from him to the defenders was also poor.

McPake and, Griffiths played very well tho.

All we ask is for them to battle. We got it. The keeper coming out and putting opponents off I'd better than keepers routed to the line giving free headers should have won

Dalkeith
12-08-2012, 01:28 PM
james mcpake "there is no way they will ever walk over us again":top marks

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Looking forward to those who said that PF would lead us to a gubbing in this game eating some humble pie :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
12-08-2012, 01:32 PM
HUGE improvement. Actually felt proud of them today. Looked organised and hungry. They got stuck in. Deegan was constantly trying to get them going and I really like the directness of Cairney.

Big Frank
12-08-2012, 01:34 PM
**** hertz

hibee_girl
12-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Massive improvement, one that very few of us expected.

Very impressed with Cairney, he threw up 4 times in the space of a minute but still refused to go off!

WhileTheChief..
12-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Looking forward to those who said that PF would lead us to a gubbing in this game eating some humble pie :agree:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you mean Hearts fans :wink:

Dalkeith
12-08-2012, 01:41 PM
classless mglynn "we played rubbish and they couldnt beat us"

matty_f
12-08-2012, 01:43 PM
classless mglynn "we played rubbish and they couldnt beat us"

Considering all the talk this week from the rams was about how many they'd take off us, he can ram that statement up his hoop.

ozzie
12-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Play like that week in week out and be a but sharper upfront and it will be a completely different season from the last one.

Big Frank
12-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Considering all the talk this week from the rams was about how many they'd take off us, he can ram that statement up his hoop.

:top marks

Northernhibee
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you mean Hearts fans :wink:

Of course. :wink:

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Hibs7
Hearts didn't play well because Hibs didn't let them .... simples

hibsbollah
12-08-2012, 01:46 PM
In an ideal world we shouldnt be patting ourselves on the back for a home draw against our biggest rivals. We should be putting three or four goals past that shower of raphael sheidt at home.

On the other hand, we're at such a low level just now, an improved performance and not losing is a definite step up from the farce of Tannadice last week.

A cautious well done to Pat and the boys :aok:

IWasThere2016
12-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Good point! :thumbsup:

Hibs7
12-08-2012, 01:48 PM
MGlum is a typical jumbo neanderthal, probably sick as a parrot today ... your no very good baldy...

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Much better Hibs, that was superb. At last we got into their faces and stood up to them. 10/10.

heretoday
12-08-2012, 01:49 PM
"They still couldnae beat us," says Hearts manager McGlynn. Rather churlish statement which could come back to haunt him. Bit of a chippy character?

BEEJ
12-08-2012, 01:51 PM
In an ideal world we shouldnt be patting ourselves on the back for a home draw against our biggest rivals. We should be putting three or four goals past that shower of raphael sheidt at home.

On the other hand, we're at such a low level just now, an improved performance and not losing is a definite step up from the farce of Tannadice last week.

:agree: I agree with every word. My sentiments exactly.

Craig_in_Prague
12-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Standing up to them and battling away was a delight to see. If we didnt do that today, then would worry big time for us.
well done to all the players and like the look of all new guys.

SaulGoodman
12-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Actually had a chance to get stuck in to the Hearts fans today, which was good.

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Better but not good enough, that Hearts team were there for the taking, it's now 12 unbeaten for them. We have to win at Tynecastle or it's 13.

JHFC
12-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Massive improvement!

We can only get better when our players gel and if we get a few more players in.

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Better but not good enough, that Hearts team were there for the taking, it's now 12 unbeaten for them. We have to win at Tynecastle or it's 13.

Really?? Insightful stuff :greengrin

IWasThere2016
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
2 points:

2. What a difference a level playing feild makes - no bent ref and no players on £10k they can't afford

We had a better CH pairing also!

calmac12000
12-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Much improved performance, in all areas of the par Hibs looked for want of a better word competent. Once again thought Cairney shows bags of potential and am now wondering why I was getting so nervous.
:cb

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 02:17 PM
"They still couldnae beat us," says Hearts manager McGlynn. Rather churlish statement which could come back to haunt him. Bit of a chippy character?

He's just bitter that he's too fat and ugly to get lookalike work as Norris from Coronation Street. Once Vlad punts another he'll have to lower himself to being Sevco manager.

jacomo
12-08-2012, 02:17 PM

Credit where it's due to Mr Fenlon. All we are asking for is a team that shows up and a manager who can move Hibs towards where we want to be. Good work.

Hibrandenburg
12-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Their goal was due to lack of trust between Maybury and our keeper. That will come as they play and train together. Otherwise there were some grounds for optimism regarding the rest of the season.

heidtheba
12-08-2012, 02:24 PM
:top marks

Ha! This is the team that only won because we made a mistake? They created 10/10 of diddly squat and were lucky to have had Templeton not booted into touch for being a sneaky little weasle faced runt.

Vault Boy
12-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Very good today :agree:

4-4-2-4 sure :wink:

down-the-slope
12-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Went to ER today - enjoyed the experience and saw a bunch of players in Green look like a Team :greengrin

Please no one wake me me up :aok:

Hibeesb0unc3
Good to see hibs leanrned from last week and didnt just play hoofball instead they built from the back and strung passes together. some better finishing and no drfensive muck ups and ths season will be better than the last two

Future17

There are a lot stories about McGlyn from his Hearts youth days.

I think he only got the job because he looks like a paedophile.

CraigHibee
12-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Apart from maybury gifting them that goal, we played well today, they were murder at times and they will toil without black and skacel!

I'd say all in, a draw was a fair result although I think if we pushed forward a bit more we could have got a winner.

Impressed with deegan's debut today, I think he could prove to be a good signing for us, just need a bit more firepower upfront but think that issue will be addressed before the end of the transfer window

Thecat23
12-08-2012, 02:29 PM
2 points:

Spot on mate, agree with that. Was saying to couple of Jambos after the game who text saying **** game. I said how come it's **** when you don't win, funny that. Welcome to the real world you ****my ****ers.

JohnScott
12-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Much improved performance, in all areas of the par Hibs looked for want of a better word competent. Once again thought Cairney shows bags of potential and am now wondering why I was getting so nervous.
Got up at 4 this morning to drive up for the game. Worth every mile! McPake was a standout. 1 all feels like a win and Hearts "party" was as flat as a week old lager. Long, long way to go ill admit but I left the ground very positive for a change. If the players appreciated the ovation at the end think what it'll be like after a win! One negative? We badly need a striker Rod.

Not too shabby overall though. Onwards and upwards Hibees.

Dashing Bob S

Yes. At last. We know we aren't going to be world beaters for a while but FINALY we seem to have the makings if an organised, competitive SPL side.

cam2644
A big step in the right direction but we're still short of a few more players.

Steven_Hibs
No improvement from Wotherspoon imo, so inconsistent its unbearable, great wee turn in the middle, then lumps it out the park :grr:

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 02:33 PM
There are a lot stories about McGlyn from his Hearts youth days.

I think he only got the job because he looks like a paedophile.

:everythin

I like him already.

No manager in the dugout or changing room, recovering from the mess that CC left us with, coming off the back of a humping from Dundee Utd and HE STILL COULDN'T BEAT US? :lolyam:

The Green Goblin
12-08-2012, 02:34 PM
No improvement from Wotherspoon imo, so inconsistent its unbearable, great wee turn in the middle, then lumps it out the park :grr:

Yeah, too right...and he played a great pass in to sparky for the goal. Jesus. What was he thinking?

lucky
12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Good spirit and fight shown but a bit disappointed we never won

juniorhibbee
12-08-2012, 02:40 PM
McGlyn looks like Wallace from Wallace and gromit! He couldn't live up to the 'big teams' expectations girfuy!

HibsMax
12-08-2012, 02:44 PM

I assume you're hoping for Hibs to turn into Barca overnight?

For me, better IS good enough. It's progress. It's a positive sign. It's better than last week. I'm happy for Hibs to take their time to return to greatness. :)

IWasThere2016
12-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Typical knee jerk reaction

:greengrin

Typical wisdom as I said before the game we'd need to limit them to one to take anything from the game :greengrin

fatbloke
12-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Pat Fenlon must go right away and speak to STF or RP or both as I feel with another 2 maybe 3 in we could sneak second.

Thoughts anyone.....

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 03:02 PM
What a difference a week makes. :greengrin

If we can play with as much effort as we did today we'll be fine, but Dundee United will piss second place IMO.

HibeeN
12-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Really pleased with the improvement - more fight, more drive, more getting stuck in. Cairney and Deegan definitely helped the midfield stand up to their counterparts, and Cairney in particular looked really good cutting inside and pressing forward. Thought he faded a bit in the second half but he still managed to carry on despite being sick, and put in a good shift. Also thought Claros showed glimpses of what he could be when he came on - a few loose balls aside, he was chasing down and making intelligent passes, so hopefully he will improve as he settles in. Still work to do (towards the end of the second half we seemed to be going into panic mode, booting the ball away, scared to hold onto it), but there were definitely positives to take from the performance today!

Spike Mandela
12-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I was definitely one of the people who went today fearing the worst but was pleasantly surprised by the encouraging signs.

Liked the look of Deegan, Clancy, Cairney,Williams and even thought Maybury was solid enough. Many guys might have went to pieces after that type of blunder, step forward Mr Hart, but Maybury kept his head and remained composed for rest of game.

Disappointed with Wotherspoon who found lots of space on the right and seen alot of the ball without creating much but at least he played part in goal.

All round though a decent base to build from with hopefully a few additions still to come. Feel a lot happier about the season than I did last week, hopefully we can keep it going.

ballengeich
12-08-2012, 03:45 PM
A huge improvement on last week, even if the opposition weren't as strong as last Sunday's. Both individual performances and the team shape looked a lot better. If we can keep this level up consistently there won't be a repeat of last season's relegation worries. After last Sunday I was anticipating a struggle to stay clear of 12th.

steviehibsleith
12-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Think the level of performance from the team today was a vast improvement.
Some players putting there markers down and that is good for the team and for PF - Back 4 and goalie will be the same for next game on todays performance.
Midfield - Deegan is a stonewall starter as is Cairney- If Claros puts in this effort I also think he will be a player for us IMO he is sharper than Stevenson and covers more ground - he defends when we defend and more importantly hes also attack minded and gets forward more .
Hope the new striker can help up top as we still need a forward to help LG .

All in all a more optimistic Hibbee this Sunday night .

PS I think the financial cutbacks accross the city are showing some holes starting at the top with there new manager and they will start struggling so even better.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2012, 12:13 AM
It was better than I expected. Not only getting the point but the fact we were up for the challenge. Things got heated on a couple of occasions and our players were straight in there like they actually cared. I feared another humping when they went ahead, but we battled and displayed the type of character that has been missing for a good while in derbies.

I take some hope from that and want to see more of the same every match.

It's a start.:aok:

DAVE1875
13-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Hopefully more performances like these and we can hopefully see the Walkers returning to Easter Road and get higher attendances

Lucius Apuleius
13-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Hopefully more performances like these and we can hopefully see the Walkers returning to Easter Road and get higher attendances

Don't know why you have specifically picked on the Walkers, but I hope the Smiths the Jones, the McGregors and everybody else start returning.

Treadstone
13-08-2012, 08:17 AM
It was better than I expected. Not only getting the point but the fact we were up for the challenge. Things got heated on a couple of occasions and our players were straight in there like they actually cared. I feared another humping when they went ahead, but we battled and displayed the type of character that has been missing for a good while in derbies.

I take some hope from that and want to see more of the same every match.

It's a start.:aok:

Agree 100% . Watching the game later on TV , Zaliukas taking exception at the way McPake offered his hand before kick off was brilliant , McPake never even looked at him before, during or after handshake , tremendous stuff from the skipper setting a tone even before kick off .