PDA

View Full Version : Only one

JennaFletcher
12-08-2012, 11:03 AM
At this bar en la Costa del Sol supporting the Hibees, no Jambos either though :greengrin

First derby in ages I have missed, come on the Hibees:thumbsup::flag::greengrin:flag:

Ever the optimist :greengrin 2-1 Hibs

Keith_M
12-08-2012, 11:11 AM
At this bar en la Costa del Sol supporting the Hibees, no Jambos either though :greengrin

First derby in ages I have missed, come on the Hibees:thumbsup::flag::greengrin:flag:

Photos please.

Cheer up my miserable day in gray old Munich. Thanks :wink:

hibbybrian
12-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Enjoy the Sol - and if we win please avoid more derbies in future :greengrin

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 11:19 AM

Hopefully a few San Miguels and some sun to toast a Hibby victory for you.

Enjoy.

dp00
12-08-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm only one in the bar at turkey ... Just went mental web we scored

JennaFletcher
29-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Sorry for the late reply but just got back and although I had the occassional WiFi opportunity to have a wee deek through this forum I didn't have time to construct a decent reply.

This is how my day went when we drew 1-1 in the Derby (I thought this might cheer you up because I was a right sad case that day!!):

I was sitting smug at this English-owned pub when I wrote the first message, happy as larry as the owners said they'd had enough of the olympics and although they looked at me like an alien for requesting Hibs v Hearts on ESPN (I don't know if it was the accent or my nervous disposition and urgency to find the game!), they agreed to put it on. The clock was ticking towards kick off but pub was now in full swing of rank rotten microwaved Sunday roasts... (a snip at 8 euros apparently), I was then MOVED ON because I was sitting on my own in front of a TV outside which the landlady said was now going to be used for diners... great. Anyways, p!ssed at being mucked around I decided to run like a maniac to the next avaliable Sports Bar, huffing and puffing up to this poor woman behind the bar who had to deal with me 5 minutes after kick off pleading with her (with a Puss in Boots sad face inspired look) to put on ESPN and she did. Hurrah! I was the only one there sitting in front of a 60'' TV cheering on the Hibees, so much so that a random couple sitting near me (uninterested in the TV) let out a chuckle at me and my ''FFS" at their first goal! Then, when Hibs scored, I was loving it (especially in front of them) and I saw some guys from the East overjoyed and running into the corner to torment the Hearts fans, so wishing I was there but smug in the knowledge that we were actually playing OK for once against them!

I was starting to think that I was the Hibees curse (two wins and one draw!) whilst I was away for 3 weeks.... until yesterday when we lost! I guess I can return to Easter Road now :greengrin

NOLA
29-08-2012, 09:27 PM
sorry for the late reply but just got back and although i had the occassional wifi opportunity to have a wee deek through this forum i didn't have time to construct a decent reply.

This is how my day went when we drew 1-1 in the derby (i thought this might cheer you up because i was a right sad case that day!!):

I was sitting smug at this english-owned pub when i wrote the first message, happy as larry as the owners said they'd had enough of the olympics and although they looked at me like an alien for requesting hibs v hearts on espn (i don't know if it was the accent or my nervous disposition and urgency to find the game!), they agreed to put it on. The clock was ticking towards kick off but pub was now in full swing of rank rotten microwaved sunday roasts... (a snip at 8 euros apparently), i was then moved on because i was sitting on my own in front of a tv outside which the landlady said was now going to be used for diners... Great. Anyways, p!ssed at being mucked around i decided to run like a maniac to the next avaliable sports bar, huffing and puffing up to this poor woman behind the bar who had to deal with me 5 minutes after kick off pleading with her (with a puss in boots sad face inspired look) to put on espn and she did. Hurrah! I was the only one there sitting in front of a 60'' tv cheering on the hibees, so much so that a random couple sitting near me (uninterested in the tv) let out a chuckle at me and my ''ffs" at their first goal! Then, when hibs scored, i was loving it (especially in front of them) and i saw some guys from the east overjoyed and running into the corner to torment the hearts fans, so wishing i was there but smug in the knowledge that we were actually playing ok for once against them!

I was starting to think that i was the hibees curse (two wins and one draw!) whilst i was away for 3 weeks.... Until yesterday when we lost! I guess i can return to easter road now :greengrin

jinx