PDA

View Full Version : Yams Callum Paterson. **** full back tweet.

DarrenSQH
12-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Surely a player posting all the hibees are gay on twitter should land the boy in hot water. http://img.tapatalk.com/d4b78055-7320-e2e2.jpg

If rio gets charged for calling someone a choc ice on twitter I wonder if Callum could be in trouble.

JohnStephens91
12-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Kick up a storm about this, it will be a joke if he gets away with it. I hope he plays so I'll abuse him as much as McGowan.

Future17
12-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Surely a player posting all the hibees are gay on twitter should land the boy in hot water. http://img.tapatalk.com/d4b78055-7320-e2e2.jpg

If rio gets charged for calling someone a choc ice on twitter I wonder if Callum could be in trouble.

He's what - 17 or 18? Give the kid a break.

He shouldn't have posted it and hopefully someone at Hearts or the SPFA has a quiet word with him about it, but let's not sensationalise a stupid comment for the sake of petty rivalry. That would only make us looks as pathetic as people who genuinely hold homophobic views.

Bobby's Cinema
12-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Arrogant tossers over there. Scott Robinson? was slavering away about "I don't know how many fans they will have", etc etc. Who he?

Same with some of the managers quotes this week. Let's get it right up them the day come on Hibs

Future17
12-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Kick up a storm about this, it will be a joke if he gets away with it. I hope he plays so I'll abuse him as much as McGowan.

"Oh, the irony is too much!" :singing:

easty
12-08-2012, 09:27 AM

He's kind of right.....we bend over to them everytime we play!

Wembley67
12-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Jesus, right bunch of torn faced gits we are right now...we have become that bad we are now picking on a wee laddy tweeting something that isn't even offensive - calm down.

JohnStephens91
12-08-2012, 09:32 AM
"Oh, the irony is too much!" :singing:

:fishin:

He shouldn't have posted it and should get into some bother over it, if not then it sets a precedent whereby we see players posting whatever they want on Twitter. It is no different to saying it in a pre or post match interview IMO.

#FromTheCapital
12-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Going by both his tweets he seems to be quite fascinated with gays. Obv just a daft wee laddie, would be petty to try and get him in trouble for it. Let's just beat them today I'm sure that will shut him up

Phil D. Rolls
12-08-2012, 09:37 AM
This is getting pitiful.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Mountain and molehill spring to mind.

Stupid thing to tweet and somebody should have a word but what a bunch of sensitive wee bairns.

Onceinawhile
12-08-2012, 09:44 AM
At least he spelt everything correctly.

Ffs who cares what some no mark wrote on Twitter. It isn't the real world.

Geo_1875
12-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Who's following a 17 year old kid on Twitter. Now that is seriously creepy.

shagpile
12-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Well done. He got the reaction he was hoping for. He is a footballer. Not the most intelligent species on the planet, but then some football supporters are not much better.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i have heard our support sing 'oh the Hibees are gay'. If this is all you have to get indignant about ,then it's time to get out more.

God Petrie
12-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Well done. He got the reaction he was hoping for. He is a footballer. Not the most intelligent species on the planet, but then some football supporters are not much better.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i have heard our support sing 'oh the Hibees are gay'. If this is all you have to get indignant about ,then it's time to get out more.

If you think hibs fans ironically singing oh the hibees are gay is homophobic I don't know what to say.

Future17
12-08-2012, 09:59 AM
:fishin:

He shouldn't have posted it and should get into some bother over it, if not then it sets a precedent whereby we see players posting whatever they want on Twitter. It is no different to saying it in a pre or post match interview IMO.

You could say the same thing about the "abuse" you've promised to give him.

Let's grow up and not pretend we inhabit the moral high ground.

DaveF
12-08-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm so offended :rolleyes:

I think the hibees are gay stuff usually comes from pre-pubescent yams still unsure of their own sexuality or closet yams.

lEXO
12-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I havent been this upset about anything since i spilt my pint on friday. How dare he!

Gettin' Auld
12-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Just silly childish pish from an immature kid.

hibee
12-08-2012, 10:09 AM
I've never heard of this guy and don't really care what he says!

SRHibs
12-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Who cares? He's 17 years old and people are really going to try and jeopardise his future because of some futile little comment?

DaveF
12-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Arrogant tossers over there. Scott Robinson? was slavering away about "I don't know how many fans they will have", etc etc. Who he?

Same with some of the managers quotes this week. Let's get it right up them the day come on Hibs

Did he actually pitch up today? All mouth and no trousers.

Mikey
12-08-2012, 04:30 PM
He's kind of right.....we bend over to them everytime we play!

Speak for yourself. Some of us don't give in so easily.

CraigHibee
12-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Wondered who it was that had the mullet that looked like a springboard! he was gash!

calumhibee1
12-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Who? If he's one of the full backs for hearts then he was pish today. Should maybe concentrate more on his game than twitter.

Rambo1875
12-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Who? A nobody who won't make it any further than that pile of crap.

Beefster
12-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Was this from the 80s throwback with the pishiest moustache that I've seen since my eight year old tried to grow one for Movember?

Treadstone
12-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Lets rise above it . Great retort underneath it .

Leave him be to his 'Young Adolf Hitler' tribute act .

itchy07
12-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Was he in Ultravox?

Alfred E Newman
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
It is maybe my age but I don't see the point of Twitter. Who cares what some nobody had for his tea?

The sooner clubs stop their players posting on it the better. It is more bother than it is worth.

Mikey
12-08-2012, 06:58 PM
He'll land himself in trouble sometime as both of his Tweets shown there don't do him any favours.

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 07:01 PM
I made sure to give him a good ripping anytime he came near in the first half :aok:

ehf
12-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Did he actually pitch up today? All mouth and no trousers.

He took a couple of throw-ins in the second half that were ridiculously illegal, one-handed efforts: the bald paedo of a linesman let him off with them, of course...

Iggy Pope
12-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Far too much sympathy on here for this twonk. Can we not stick to simply hating these Hertz****s?

essexhibee
12-08-2012, 08:44 PM
The only fanny he's ever seen most likely he's mums :agree: be good if he actually backed up these comments with a good performance.

matty_f
12-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Far too much sympathy on here for this twonk. Can we not stick to simply hating these Hertz****s?
:top marks

Pete
12-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Some people are totally missing the point.

This is a professional footballer using the word "gay" in a derogatory context. Substitute that for "black" and there would be an uproar. You have as much choice regarding the colour of your skin as you do your sexuality so why is it OK to pass this off as anything other than bigotry that must be challenged and nipped in the bud.

Is it OK to just let homophobia go because he's young or because it's just banter between fans?

Sir David Gray
12-08-2012, 09:31 PM
It's not offensive in the slightest but he's one of them so I hope he gets hammered.

FTH

:giruy:

Dashing Bob S
12-08-2012, 09:45 PM
He's what - 17 or 18? Give the kid a break.

He shouldn't have posted it and hopefully someone at Hearts or the SPFA has a quiet word with him about it, but let's not sensationalise a stupid comment for the sake of petty rivalry. That would only make us looks as pathetic as people who genuinely hold homophobic views.

I'm glad you posted this early in thread as I don't have to bother trawling through the rest of it. Thank you.

#FromTheCapital
12-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Some people are totally missing the point.

This is a professional footballer using the word "gay" in a derogatory context. Substitute that for "black" and there would be an uproar. You have as much choice regarding the colour of your skin as you do your sexuality so why is it OK to pass this off as anything other than bigotry that must be challenged and nipped in the bud.

Is it OK to just let homophobia go because he's young or because it's just banter between fans?

Oh the hibees are black???

Sounds quite gay to me ;-)

Macaroon
12-08-2012, 09:52 PM

Hibs sing - "All the Hibees get payed."

Pete
12-08-2012, 10:00 PM
It's not offensive in the slightest but he's one of them so I hope he gets hammered.

FTH

:giruy:

What if Hearts were singing a song using disability as a derogatory term? Would you find that offensive?

I can't believe the people who are saying all that's needed is "a quiet word" and it should be put down to youth. What about the very real issue of homophobia which is alarmingly being brushed under the carpet by some posters who's views on other subjects are reasonable and well thought out.

They're showing themselves up as being either thick, ignorant or bigoted.

easty
12-08-2012, 10:03 PM
the bald paedo of a linesman let him off with them, of course...

:confused:

Sir David Gray
12-08-2012, 10:35 PM
What if Hearts were singing a song using disability as a derogatory term? Would you find that offensive?

I can't believe the people who are saying all that's needed is "a quiet word" and it should be put down to youth. What about the very real issue of homophobia which is alarmingly being brushed under the carpet by some posters who's views on other subjects are reasonable and well thought out.

They're showing themselves up as being either thick, ignorant or bigoted.

Not necessarily, no. It depends entirely on the context of what's being said. You would have to be more specific in order for me to answer that question.

I personally don't feel that singing "Oh the Hibees are gay" is offensive in the slightest. I think it's incredibly sad that they sing it and when they first started belting it out a few years ago and used to sing it constantly for about 5 minutes at a time, it was extremely annoying but I don't believe anyone should be disciplined for singing it.

I have my own views on this subject, which I have shared on here in the past, and I don't intend to bring it up again on this particular thread. However, what I will say is that I believe that we are becoming far too sensitive when it comes to becoming "offended" by what people say.

Of course there are things that should always be illegal to say but let's use a bit of common sense here.

Lee
12-08-2012, 11:04 PM
:confused:

That's what I thought....he wasn't THAT bald;)

EH6 Hibby
12-08-2012, 11:16 PM
I can't help thinking that the same people that are defending this would be foaming at the mouth if it was a Hibs player making a similar statement about Hearts fans.

leggeto
12-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Never pay any attention to this twitter crap he's young and a daft jambo Nuffield said

Pete
12-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Not necessarily, no. It depends entirely on the context of what's being said. You would have to be more specific in order for me to answer that question.

I personally don't feel that singing "Oh the Hibees are gay" is offensive in the slightest. I think it's incredibly sad that they sing it and when they first started belting it out a few years ago and used to sing it constantly for about 5 minutes at a time, it was extremely annoying but I don't believe anyone should be disciplined for singing it.

I have my own views on this subject, which I have shared on here in the past, and I don't intend to bring it up again on this particular thread. However, what I will say is that I believe that we are becoming far too sensitive when it comes to becoming "offended" by what people say.

Of course there are things that should always be illegal to say but let's use a bit of common sense here.

Would it not sound bizzare if the hearts fans sung "all the hibees are wheelchair users"?

Why pick on a specific element of society? An element of society that displays all traits of humankind and really can't be distinguished from any other in any way whatsoever. Do people who use wheelchairs tend to be more effeminate and therefore more weak? Are there any common trends?

Try and put yourself in the position of a gay man and think. In fact, If you don't know what I'm talking about it will probably be beyond you to do so.