PDA

View Full Version : So much for sell-out Saturday

hibs0666
11-08-2012, 09:57 PM
With the exception of Aberdeen the SPL crowds were pretty pathetic today, and I'd be surprised if things will be better tomorrow.

Not good at all.

Del Boy
11-08-2012, 10:04 PM
It was an idea from Aberdeen fans and looks like its only them who bought into it.

marinello59
11-08-2012, 10:12 PM
It was an idea from Aberdeen fans and looks like its only them who bought into it.

Fans from all the other clubs including Hibs supported it. But only the Aberdeen supporters actually backed it with cash. Maybe the sheep thing is all cr@p as well. :greengrin

bingo70
11-08-2012, 10:13 PM
I put a thread on the Private members board about this, i really think clubs and the SPL have missed a trick here.

IMO it was a terrific idea but the clubs and the SPL didn't seem to run with it and relied on Aberdeen fans spreading the word.

Once Aberdeen fans had floated the suggestion IMO the clubs should have taken it on and made a big deal out of it, letters sent to fans saying they had done what the fans wanted so now needed them for this game, should have been players in the papers promoting it, it should have been getting advertised on the radio and there should at least be a mention of it on our website.

Why would we do any of that though when we can sit back and rely on blind loyalty :rolleyes:

basehibby
11-08-2012, 10:18 PM
With the exception of Aberdeen the SPL crowds were pretty pathetic today, and I'd be surprised if things will be better tomorrow.

Not good at all.

Have Aberdeen not been one of the most pro-active in pushing for a sell out this weekend? If so then they deserve a pat on the back and other clubs to learn some lessons from them.

Re tomoz - I think you're right - many of our fans are still reeling from the cup final and dreading another doing from the maroon balloons - and considering the stage we are at with our squad development I can't blame them. I myself was swithering and had to twist my own arm off and then a good mate of mine's in turn to persuade us that it was a good idea to grab some tickets today.

You never know - we might pull off a win - but looking decidedly lightweight up front as we are, it looks pretty doubtful. It seems more likely that we will have to endure yet more gloating from the Yamboloids - even a draw will be enough excuse for them to do that as it will extend their latest undefeated run against us :rolleyes:

What I will be desperately trying to remember is that a draw will actually be a GOOD result for us as things stand- if a draw is earned then no amount of scarf twirling YamTards will stop me being satisfied as it will be a sign of progress after last season's derby tripe!

fatbloke
11-08-2012, 10:23 PM
I put a thread on the Private members board about this, i really think clubs and the SPL have missed a trick here.

IMO it was a terrific idea but the clubs and the SPL didn't seem to run with it and relied on Aberdeen fans spreading the word.

Once Aberdeen fans had floated the suggestion IMO the clubs should have taken it on and made a big deal out of it, letters sent to fans saying they had done what the fans wanted so now needed them for this game, should have been players in the papers promoting it, it should have been getting advertised on the radio and there should at least be a mention of it on our website.

Why would we do any of that though when we can sit back and rely on blind loyalty :rolleyes:

Pretty sure this is a thing of the past.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Not unexpected really.

A lot of people made bold statements about buying Season.tickets, attending more games etc if clubs did the 'right thing'.

It would be interesting to see how many backed up their words with hard cash. Not many I'd guess. In fact there's no guessing about it. Season ticket sales and attendances thus far prove the point perfectly.

This isn't a go at people who have genuine reasons for non attendance of course.

Steve-O
11-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Not unexpected really.

A lot of people made bold statements about buying Season.tickets, attending more games etc if clubs did the 'right thing'.

It would be interesting to see how many backed up their words with hard cash. Not many I'd guess. In fact there's no guessing about it. Season ticket sales and attendances thus far prove the point perfectly.

This isn't a go at people who have genuine reasons for non attendance of course.

Maybe it's because Petrie spoiled it by trying to help shoehorn Huns into Div 1? Left a sour taste in my mouth but I guess I was obviously never going to buy a season ticket.

BoltonHibee
11-08-2012, 11:50 PM

Not good at all.

And the crowds were ?

frazeHFC
12-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Judging by the SPL site, todays Caley crowd was smaller than their smallest attendance of last season!

HONG KONG PHOOEY
12-08-2012, 12:11 AM

Not good at all.

Why should anyone go to a game to prove a point ? What point are they trying to prove - the world can survive without Servco ? Maybe people have weddings, holidays and life's to lead without pandering to a media or twitter driven idea ?

NOLA
12-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Scottish football in its top form ie. the spl is donald ducked, and has been for a few years now, celtic will win this years title without any real challenge, while the other teams will take points of each other to scramble into 2nd place in the league, which will see them face a qualifying tie against a team they cant beat, Hibs and others just cant survive on blind faith and loyalty, many kids in my street wear an epl top first and a Hibs/hertz top 2nd, scottish football is at its lowest ebb and i cant see it recovering TBH

Gettin' Auld
12-08-2012, 06:31 AM
And the crowds were ?

Taken from fishy SPL site.........

Aberdeen - 14,010
Dundee - 5,984
Inverness - 3012
Motherwell - 4,490

HibbyDave
12-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Did it happen?

Have we sold out?

If not maybe it's cause the game is simply too expensive?

Maybe we are the only one's who won't sell-out or the only one's that did sell-out!

Add your thoughts please....Was the "sell-out Saturday" just a slick marketing exercise?

:flag::flag::flag: