PDA

View Full Version : colin nish linked with Killie

hibs supporter
11-08-2012, 10:52 AM
just saw kilmarnock trying to sign nish, shiels saying that he never had a manager who wants to play it to his feet everyone plays it up in the air thats not his strength, have to agree with him

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2012, 10:54 AM
just saw kilmarnock trying to sign nish, shiels saying that he never had a manager who wants to play it to his feet everyone plays it up in the air thats not his strength, have to agree with him

Aye because John Hughes is known for his hoofball.

AlbertK86
11-08-2012, 10:56 AM

In the air not is strength as he is always on his arse

Nando™
11-08-2012, 11:00 AM
As a very wise and strange-looking man once said, "he couldnae trap a wet bag ae cement sonnnnnnn". :cb

500miles
11-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Aye because John Hughes is known for his hoofball.

But he still tried to play him like a target man.

eastmainsmsh
11-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Big Nishy has always scored goals in spl shiels could be right ... as he is hardly ever wrong lol

marinello59
11-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Good luck to the Nishy. He will score goals, he was never as bad as the experts on here decided he was.

3pm
11-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Confidence gone by the end at ER. Not the first, nor last.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2012, 11:30 AM
But he still tried to play him like a target man.

Only if the target was his erse.

TheMentalHibees
11-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Never before has the title of a thread filled me with as big a sense of dread.

500miles
11-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Only if the target was his erse.

Yogi wanted a traditional target man - hence Trakys. But Nish had no capacity for that role. And what's worse, although he was happy to publically criticise him, when Colin was clearly demoralised and lacking confidence, he continued to play him in the same role, gave him no protection, and no support.
Frankly, it was appalling man management.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Good luck to the Nishy. He will score goals, he was never as bad as the experts on here decided he was.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion

The_Todd
11-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Nish will come back and bite us on the arse. Just like Rankin he was boo'd out of ER and will no doubt show the boo boys just why they were so wrong.

lord bunberry
11-08-2012, 11:42 AM

I would also like to wish him good luck as well but im not sure he will score lots of goals but like him or not he was a good hibs man and i hope be does well

Kaiser1962
11-08-2012, 11:50 AM
I would also like to wish him good luck as well but im not sure he will score lots of goals but like him or not he was a good hibs man and i hope be does well

Still ranked in the SPL top ten goalscorers.

Riordan is ranked third.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Yogi wanted a traditional target man - hence Trakys. But Nish had no capacity for that role. And what's worse, although he was happy to publically criticise him, when Colin was clearly demoralised and lacking confidence, he continued to play him in the same role, gave him no protection, and no support.
Frankly, it was appalling man management.

Can you tell me what kind of a player he is if he's not a target man? He's certainly not a link man, a winger or a penalty box striker. Yet when he played up front, yes up front. He couldn't trap a bag of cement, couldn't run much, hold onto the ball or stay on his feet, keep onside or generally play decent in any position.

He's a player who will get around 8-10 goals a season in a semi decent side in a good season. As for biting us on our erse, i could do that these days. He was not nearly good enough for what should be a hibs side challenging for a european place every season.

Would anyone actually want him back, and why?

skipster7
11-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Can you tell me what kind of a player he is if he's not a target man? He's certainly not a link man, a winger or a penalty box striker. Yet when he played up front, yes up front. He couldn't trap a bag of cement, couldn't run much, hold onto the ball or stay on his feet, keep onside or generally play decent in any position.

He's a player who will get around 8-10 goals a season in a semi decent side in a good season. As for biting us on our erse, i could do that these days. He was not nearly good enough for what should be a hibs side challenging for a european place every season.

Would anyone actually want him back, and why?
Colin would walk back in this current team imo,suffered horrible stick from a large section of fans.was awkward and gangly, but scored goals,some very good ones as well.A 25 yarder at tannadice springs to mind.signed of with 5 goals in his last 2 games to help seal our euro qualification.not a patch on our current strikers right enough:confused:

Pretty Boy
11-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Nish was a trier, no doubt in my mind about that.

His SPL goalscoring record is pretty impressive, however things just didn't work out for him at Hibs.

Some of the abuse the guy took was way OTT though, there was some real vitriol in what was aimed at Nish that was totally unnecessary.

zlatan
11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Nish will come back and bite us on the arse. Just like Rankin he was boo'd out of ER and will no doubt show the boo boys just why they were so wrong.

Rankin was pish, Nish was worse. What they do before or after their times at Hibs doesn't change the fact they were terrible at Hibs.

This Rankin revisionism on here is bursting me, we were turning cartwheels when Calderwood booted him out. If he has improved his game as a result of that then fair play to him but he was appalling at Easter Road. Utter muck. Complete toilet. A big vacuum packed bag of eggy fart.

Sudds_1
11-08-2012, 02:12 PM

...OOOOOH, his daddy winnae be happy !

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Rankin was pish, Nish was worse. What they do before or after their times at Hibs doesn't change the fact they were terrible at Hibs.

This Rankin revisionism on here is bursting me, we were turning cartwheels when Calderwood booted him out. If he has improved his game as a result of that then fair play to him but he was appalling at Easter Road. Utter muck. Complete toilet. A big vacuum packed bag of eggy fart.

:agree:
When you get rid of poor players and replace them with worse, it does seem to make them seem better.

Billy Whizz
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
He's on the bench for Hartlepool today

LeighLoyal
11-08-2012, 02:33 PM
I hesitate to say he was the worst ever, but he was rubbish. We got rid of Benji and Donaldson and kept him. Even Curier wasn't as bad.

matty_f
11-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Nish was one of the few players that I really hoped wouldn't sign for us. He was gash before he came to us, was gash with us, and I would doubt hugely that he's improved any since leaving.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
If Nish had stayed on his feet and kept his concentration levels up, rather than being caught offside, he could very well still be with us or even at a higher level. You can't support basic faults like that in a player just cos he is in a Hibs strip. That is their end of the bargain.

Wotherspiniesta
11-08-2012, 02:57 PM
He's on the bench for Hartlepool today

4-0 down at Half time.

They'd better bring him on! :agree:

Billy Whizz
11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
4-0 down at Half time.

They'd better bring him on! :agree:

Probably don't want to risk putting him on in case he gets injured, and Killie don't take him off their hands

Leishy1995
11-08-2012, 03:14 PM
I saw this thread and thought my bs had actually happened. Tenth top SPL scorer, someone has to use him right.

broonie27
11-08-2012, 06:29 PM

If this was facebook i was well ready to `like` this post.

frazeHFC
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I remember Nish's control being as bad as every other part of his game!

AlbertK86
11-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Confidence gone by the end at ER. Not the first, nor last.

Attitude, application and fitness was long gone as well

AlbertK86
11-08-2012, 07:52 PM
:agree:
When you get rid of poor players and replace them with worse, it does seem to make them seem better.

Blackpool ken I dinnae agree with you all the time but you are bang on the money here

Famous5forever
11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Never before has the title of a thread filled me with as big a sense of dread.

Try saying that to his old man and watch your teeth go down the drain

iwasthere1972
11-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Always thought he looked quite good until he got the ball.