PDA

View Full Version : Manager frustrated at lack of transfer activity

down-the-slope
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says he is not happy with the lack of transfer activity at the club.
City have been linked with the likes of Arsenal's Robin van Persie (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19146466) and Liverpool's Daniel Agger (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19179259) this summer.
However, they remain the only Premier League club not to have signed anyone, and Mancini has expressed his frustrations at the lack of movement in the transfer market.
"I am not happy but I won't say anything at the moment," said Mancini.
"For this you should talk to [sporting director] Brian Marwood, not me. I am not the sporting director. I can't say anything about the players.
"After three months or four months, I don't know what to say about this situation."
Mancini also revealed he has turned down a series of bids for Mario Balotelli this summer.
The Italian striker was one of the stars of Euro 2012, helping his country to the final where they were beaten by Spain. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18355496)
"This summer, we had a lot of requests for him," he added.
"Many important teams wanted him. This is a sign that he is a top player.
"I didn't think about saying yes because he is young and we are sure he can improve and be an important player for the club."

sahib
10-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says he is not happy with the lack of transfer activity at the club.
City have been linked with the likes of Arsenal's Robin van Persie (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19146466) and Liverpool's Daniel Agger (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19179259) this summer.
However, they remain the only Premier League club not to have signed anyone, and Mancini has expressed his frustrations at the lack of movement in the transfer market.
"For this you should talk to [sporting director] Brian Marwood, not me. I am not the sporting director. I can't say anything about the players.
"After three months or four months, I don't know what to say about this situation."
Mancini also revealed he has turned down a series of bids for Mario Balotelli this summer.
The Italian striker was one of the stars of Euro 2012, helping his country to the final where they were beaten by Spain. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18355496)
"I didn't think about saying yes because he is young and we are sure he can improve and be an important player for the club."

I would call signing Maybury transfer atrophy rather than activity.

Cabbage East
11-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Who gives a **** about this English pish?

basehibby
11-08-2012, 12:37 AM

I think yer missing the wee touch of irony in the OP - shows that Paddy Fenlon is not the only manager to be frustrated in the transfer market thus far - at least he has signed a few players although obviously our need for fresh blood in the squad is somewhat more pressing than Man City's :wink:

MrSmith
11-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Only from slopey with the biggest scopey! :na na:

Saorsa
11-08-2012, 07:29 AM

"I didn't think about saying yes because he is young and we are sure he can improve and be an important player for the club."He already has a team that won the EPL and is cabable of doing so again, we have one that nearly got relegated from the SPL and a poor SPL at that. Has He lost 16 players from his team? and replaced only 6 of them? Does his team need the rebuilding our does? Which one really needs the transfer activity?

Beefster
11-08-2012, 07:42 AM
It's like David Forsyth has started posting on Hibs.net lately. The sooner folk realise that only actions (i.e. results, players in/out, effective tactics, a bit of drive etc) are going to do the trick the better.

An attempt to compare us with the richest club on the planet is laughable though.

brydekirk
11-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Will sleep better now knowing Nish is away to Killie, after some of the rumours on here.

erin go bragh
11-08-2012, 08:16 AM
It's like David Forsyth has started posting on Hibs.net lately. The sooner folk realise that only actions (i.e. results, players in/out, effective tactics, a bit of drive etc) are going to do the trick the better.

An attempt to compare us with the richest club on the planet is laughable though.
We have won more cups than them in the last 40 years :cb

ggtth

rcarter1
11-08-2012, 08:34 AM
I would call signing Maybury transfer atrophy rather than activity.

If Maybury, considered a solid experienced defender, can spread positional sense to people like Kujabi and others, I reckon this is a good signing. I'm at a loss why many people are so negative about his arrival?? :confused:

down-the-slope
11-08-2012, 09:37 AM
I think yer missing the wee touch of irony in the OP - shows that Paddy Fenlon is not the only manager to be frustrated in the transfer market thus far - at least he has signed a few players although obviously our need for fresh blood in the squad is somewhat more pressing than Man City's :wink::aok:

He already has a team that won the EPL and is cabable of doing so again, we have one that nearly got relegated from the SPL and a poor SPL at that. Has He lost 16 players from his team? and replaced only 6 of them? Does his team need the rebuilding our does? Which one really needs the transfer activity?

Waldorf and Statler appear as expected

:a bite:

Saorsa
11-08-2012, 09:44 AM
If Maybury, considered a solid experienced defender, can spread positional sense to people like Kujabi and others, I reckon this is a good signing. I'm at a loss why many people are so negative about his arrival?? :confused::agree:

number 27
11-08-2012, 10:16 AM
I remember last season a similarly relevant comparison being made to comments Fergie was making. The message then was that anyone concerned about our preparations was a "bedwetter" or anti-hibs etc. Our strategy was right and the season was going to be a great success.

Amazingly we now have the same people saying the same things without the least acknowledgement that they were wrong then and, sadly, may well be wrong now.

johnrebus
11-08-2012, 10:28 AM

Aye, quite right.

Give me that quality Scottish Fitba' any day..........,

:rolleyes:

VickMackie
11-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Aye, quite right.

Give me that quality Scottish Fitba' any day..........,

:rolleyes:

Scottish football would be quality if we spent half a billion on players.

Beefster
11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Waldorf and Statler appear as expected

:a bite:

I hope I'm the good-looking one.

Thecat23
11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
I remember last season a similarly relevant comparison being made to comments Fergie was making. The message then was that anyone concerned about our preparations was a "bedwetter" or anti-hibs etc. Our strategy was right and the season was going to be a great success.

Amazingly we now have the same people saying the same things without the least acknowledgement that they were wrong then and, sadly, may well be wrong now.

Spot on. It amazes me how naive some on here are. No matter how bad it gets some fans will still keep saying "have patience" "it's not that bad" what are these guys watching? Hibs are rubbish and the ones who keep saying lets just wait are the ones who are also bringing the club down. Club is on its knees now.