PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Communications South Stand

PatHead
10-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Notice the new name for the stand. Wonder if that is where the money for Maybury came from. All donations gratefully received.

frazeHFC
10-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Is that the name of our south stand now? :eek:

Macaroon
10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Please no.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
A rainbow flag flying from a football stadium ? Now that would be progressive.

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 08:19 PM
If it brings in extra money they can call it what they like, within reason, as far as I'm concerned.

It will always be the Dunbar end or the away end to me.

hibbymac
10-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Official site (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120810/rainbow-communications-south-stand_2262950_2877642)

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Official site (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120810/rainbow-communications-south-stand_2262950_2877642)

Is that THE Kevin Harper who's the Rainbow sales consultants?

Bishop Hibee
10-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Maybury can't be much younger than the sales consultant in the article. Get him in for the derby! :wink:

hibbymac
10-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Is that THE Kevin Harper who's the Rainbow sales consultants?

Certainly looks like him.

JohnStephens91
10-08-2012, 08:27 PM
What's wrong with that? It will be known as the away end, purely I don't give a jot as it brings income into the club without disgruntling our supporters. If Yams want to laugh at it and call it the 'gay stand' or whatever then they can, but they just come across as ignorant in the process. Plus they'll be sitting in it, not us :wink:

PatHead
10-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Maybury can't be much younger than the sales consultant in the article. Get him in for the derby! :wink:

According to wiki he is 36.

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 08:29 PM
According to wiki he is 36.

Remember him having a few cracking games against that mob.

Get him signed for Sunday.

MSK
10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
What's wrong with that? It will be known as the away end, purely I don't give a jot as it brings income into the club without disgruntling our supporters. If Yams want to laugh at it and call it the 'gay stand' or whatever then they can, but they just come across as ignorant in the process. Plus they'll be sitting in it, not us :wink:Doubt they would ..they play in the pink pigsty ...

CraigHibee
10-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Defo looks like THE Kevin Harper, mind when he got his dreadlocks?

loved him as a player

Edit: Picture of him when he played for Dunfermline..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kevin+harper&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#miuv=3

Might be?

down-the-slope
10-08-2012, 08:39 PM
another case of squeezing income where its possible - no one should have a truck with that. given management are forever being criticised for what they do - people shoulds give credit where its due.

I think we could call ER 'Crabbies Arena' given demeanour of large percentage of support currently - money maker and truthfull at same time :greengrin

JohnStephens91
10-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Doubt they would ..they play in the pink pigsty ...

Still doesn't stop them calling us gay, plus everyone knows Yams have the IQ of a goldfish that was hit in the head with a brick

Tricla
10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
another case of squeezing income where its possible - no one should have a truck with that. given management are forever being criticised for what they do - people shoulds give credit where its due.

I think we could call ER 'Crabbies Arena' given demeanour of large percentage of support currently - money maker and truthfull at same time :greengrin

:greengrin

sbell1875
10-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Defo looks like THE Kevin Harper, mind when he got his dreadlocks?

loved him as a player

Edit: Picture of him when he played for Dunfermline..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kevin+harper&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#miuv=3

Might be?

It is Kevin Harper. If you move the mouse curser over the pic it says Maybury Harper!

I'm only 25 so my memories of the man are sketchy but from what I remember he was capable of a wee bit of excitement.

Dinkydoo
10-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Still doesn't stop them calling us gay, plus everyone knows Yams have the IQ of a goldfish that was hit in the head with a brick

Hey, it's not us who'll be sitting in the 'gay end' :greengrin:

http://img.tapatalk.com/1f34db96-9381-8a81.jpg

ALF TUPPER
11-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Generating much needed income for the Hibees and to sponsor a whole stand wont have come cheap. Shrewd bit of business there IMO.
Might attract others for the remaining 3 stands.
Well done the board.

Who's next up ...... ?

macca70
11-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Generating much needed income for the Hibees and to sponsor a whole stand wont have come cheap. Shrewd bit of business there IMO.
Might attract others for the remaining 3 stands.
Well done the board.

Who's next up ...... ?

In the current climate probably be cheaper than you think to sponsor an away stand. Hibs will be desperate for any income they can get and seems like a bit of a publicity stunt by Rainbow Communications due to KH being an ex player.

Is there office space in the South Stand? Maybe they'll be renting that as part of the deal.

lucky
11-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Great move by Hibs. I would do it for the whole ground. As everyone keeps saying its the team on the park that counts

marinello59
11-08-2012, 07:30 AM
In the current climate probably be cheaper than you think to sponsor an away stand. Hibs will be desperate for any income they can get and seems like a bit of a publicity stunt by Rainbow Communications due to KH being an ex player.

Is there office space in the South Stand? Maybe they'll be renting that as part of the deal.

Was that not the deal when it was the Whyte and Mackay Stand a few seasons back?

(Was it the Whyte and Mackay Stand or did I imagine that?)

3pm
11-08-2012, 07:34 AM
That volley. I can still see it. One of my favourite goals.

Saorsa
11-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Was that not the deal when it was the Whyte and Mackay Stand a few seasons back?

(Was it the Whyte and Mackay Stand or did I imagine that?)It was and you didnae :greengrin

macca70
11-08-2012, 07:36 AM

(Was it the Whyte and Mackay Stand or did I imagine that?)

That's what I was thinking when I heard this sponsorship. I'm sure Whyte and Mackay used some office space in the South Stand and/or behind the West when they were our main shirt sponsors.

VickMackie
11-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Nice move by us IMO and good luck to Rainbow communications on their move into Scotland.

VickMackie
11-08-2012, 09:56 AM
On top of that we should have as many people clicking through to the hibs website to increase the hit count, read the article of course, to demonstrate that people are interested in the sponsorship.

Hibs can then use that type of evidence, if alot of fans do that, to demonstrate they are getting attention for sponsoring is.