PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel so confident?

PJ IronHIbee
10-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Although the usual derby nerves are starting to kick in, I for some reason fancy us to beat the yams on Sunday. In fact, I feel so confident I'm going to have a wee punt on us. Am I mad? After watching Hibs for longer than I can remember and I acknowledge we are a poor side just now. (I actually left wee magees in Majorca before the end of our defeat to United at the weekend). I have this confidence that the cabbage are going to break the current unbeaten run the yaks hold over us.
It might all come back and bite me on Sunday but hey ho, once a hibby always a hibee. Every man, woman, boy & girl should remember this and enure the **** over the road understand this. Let's get behind the only team in Edinburgh, the first to wear the green and enure you leave the Leith San siro with at least no voice and hope we can inspire the ads to victory.
GGTTH
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:
:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa​

frazeHFC
10-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I've called a doctor, will be with you shortly.

:greengrin

Mon Hibees! Get into them! GGTTH

Tricla
10-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Ggtth!

Fth!

brianmc
10-08-2012, 08:14 PM
To answer your question on the title, **** knows.
This is the least confident I've ever been going into a Derby. We are in a sorry state and no amount of blind optimism can persuade me otherwise.
I hope to **** I'm wrong but I can see this being a much worse scoreline than the final.

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I normally always look forward to the Derby even though in my lifetime we've usually lost.

This time I really am struggling to get motivated, just can't get excited at all. I've even agreed to work Sunday night as I'm so sure there will be nothing to celebrate.

That probably means we'll win.

HibsMax
10-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm confident too. We have two new players to field compared with last week and the importance of that shouldn't be overlooked. If we play like last Sunday then we will be horsed but I'm not assuming we will play that badly again.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Because youre an idiot?

We're Gash
We're even more Gash at home
We're even more Gash at home, in derbys.

hibsbollah
10-08-2012, 08:25 PM
I usually feel confident going into derbies. I usually look forward to derbies. I usually think about the derby all week leading up to it.

This time, none of the three things apply. I couldnt actually remember if it was on Saturday or Sunday. Going to Tannadice last weekend has knocked my enthusiasm out of me. Hopefully its just temporary.

PISTOL1875
10-08-2012, 08:32 PM
The last time I was this terrified going into a derby this happened ......

http://youtu.be/hvGL4OOW55A

truehibernian
10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I usually feel confident going into derbies. I usually look forward to derbies. I usually think about the derby all week leading up to it.

This time, none of the three things apply. I couldnt actually remember if it was on Saturday or Sunday. Going to Tannadice last weekend has knocked my enthusiasm out of me. Hopefully its just temporary.

Was definitely a concerning performance last weekend bollah, no doubt about it. However Utd are a good side, had bounced off a terrific midweek Euro showing, and have a very settled side in comparison to Hibs - every side in the SPL are more settled than Hibs. Their front line are second only to Celtic IMHO. Perfect balance of pace, width, power and finishing.

Stephens was just a monumental catastrophe though and he should never ever be pulling on the jersey again until the penny drops that he needs to be fit, powerful, fast and alert. For me that penny will never drop.

I'm always enthusiastic v Hearts - it's the game I look out for in the calendar albeit the last 3 seasons have been miserable. It is however the games Hibs fans should always look forward to.

The one thing about Hearts is that they set up the same way - they will be 4-5-1 but in a set up that can quickly change to 4-3-3. I want Hibs this time around to really dominate that midfield, which without Black and Skacel is considerably weakened. It does however have height with Barr and McGowan, something we lack.

Has to be a statement of intent from Pat on Sunday and ffor me it's either 4-4-2 or a 'have a go' 4-3-3. Would love to see Leigh through the middle with Ross Caldwell.........Cairney outside right, Wotherspoon/Handling outside left, Deegan and Claros in the middle. My real concern lies at set pieces as they are still a physically big side.

Press high, fast pace, in their faces, attack attack attack. :greengrin

S.sct
10-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Although the usual derby nerves are starting to kick in, I for some reason fancy us to beat the yams on Sunday. In fact, I feel so confident I'm going to have a wee punt on us. Am I mad? After watching Hibs for longer than I can remember and I acknowledge we are a poor side just now. (I actually left wee magees in Majorca before the end of our defeat to United at the weekend). I have this confidence that the cabbage are going to break the current unbeaten run the yaks hold over us.
It might all come back and bite me on Sunday but hey ho, once a hibby always a hibee. Every man, woman, boy & girl should remember this and enure the **** over the road understand this. Let's get behind the only team in Edinburgh, the first to wear the green and enure you leave the Leith San siro with at least no voice and hope we can inspire the ads to victory.
GGTTH
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:
:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa​

Good on ye, carry that to the game and get right behind the team....

Vault Boy
10-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Because youre an idiot?

We're Gash

Calling him an idiot is ludicrous.
We haven't been impressive over the last couple of seasons against the Jambos, but why can't that change on Sunday?
Have a little faith, or at least, support the team despite.
GGTTH.

SlickShoes
10-08-2012, 08:56 PM
I am usually nervous but this time I am not, simply because it can't get any worse than what happened in may, if they beat us well woop de do.

HibsMax
10-08-2012, 08:57 PM
We haven't been impressive over the last couple of seasons against the Jambos, but why can't that change on Sunday?
GGTTH.

Indeed it HAS to change at some point, otherwise we are destined for the bottom of division 3.

Vault Boy
10-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Indeed it HAS to change at some point, otherwise we are destined for the bottom of division 3.

The team must look a lot sharper than they did at Tannadice, but this is another tough match against one of the better sides in the league. That's the unfortunate truth at the moment, it isn't a must-win, but it would do a hell of a lot of good if we were to win.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-08-2012, 09:39 PM
GGTTH.

Well it was an idiotic statement.

Because, we're simply not good enough.

I'll be there supporting then Sunday. But still accept that we are absolutely rotten.

hibIBZ
10-08-2012, 09:43 PM
I am usually nervous but this time I am not, simply because it can't get any worse than what happened in may, if they beat us well woop de do.
agreed..... dont think anything game could be worse than that
ggtth

marinello59
10-08-2012, 09:45 PM

I'll be there supporting then Sunday. But still accept that we are absolutely rotten.

What a sad state of affairs when somebody expressing some optimism is dismissed as idiotic.
Well done to the OP for attempting a rallying call . I am in. GGTTH

AlbertK86
10-08-2012, 09:48 PM
GGTTH.

We haven't been impressive against the Jambos since the seventies .... Other than the odd sporadic 6-2

God how I wish we could go three seasons unbeaten against these barstewards

I've lived thro the 22 in a row and all the long runs they've had against us

Please Hibs give us some pay back

Get right intae them on Sunday

GGTTH

Vault Boy
10-08-2012, 10:04 PM
We haven't been impressive against the Jambos since the seventies .... Other than the odd sporadic 6-2

God how I wish we could go three seasons unbeaten against these barstewards

I've lived thro the 22 in a row and all the long runs they've had against us

Please Hibs give us some pay back

Get right intae them on Sunday

GGTTH

Too right, we had a couple of good ones under Collins, but we are due a performance. 'Mon Hibs.

Vault Boy
10-08-2012, 10:06 PM

We aren't in a good state, but come on, a couple of new players and hopefully a fresh start. It's being extremely optimistic but that's what we has to be in times like these. We can beat them.
Come on the Hibees!

HibsMax
10-08-2012, 10:10 PM

Which part of the OP is idiotic? Some guy says he's confident about the game on Sunday and he's branded an idiot? Can we not have one thread without fans calling each other names? That's a rhetorical question - I already know the answer.

Dinkydoo
10-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm confident of a good result too for the reasons stated previously - we have strengthened (in some of the right places) and they are considerably weaker (in the right places :greengrin:).

FTH.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Can't remember when I've been less enthusiastic in the run up to a derby than I am this time.

Give me a shout when we play them again in a Scottish Cup final. :boo hoo:

Spike Mandela
10-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Hearts to win by at least 2 clear
goals and Hibs will be lucky to muster a shot at goal. Have a word with yourself OP.

HibsMax
10-08-2012, 10:50 PM
goals and Hibs will be lucky to muster a shot at goal. Have a word with yourself OP.

Geez. Another one! What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why can't someone be optimistic or look forward to a game without being called an idiot or told to have a word with themself?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEdC0c3YI4

Spike Mandela
10-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Because they're ****ing delusiomal in epic proportions.

HibsMax
10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Because they're ****ing delusiomal in epic proportions.

I know we played mince last week but is there really any need? This is still a Hibs website, right? Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but why rain on someone's parade? It achieves nothing other than to create bad blood among people who, at the end of the day, are supposed to be on the same side.

I guess at the end of the day I would rather be confident and branded an idiot than a defeatist and all that goes along with that.

I do truly believe that Hibs have what it takes to win on Sunday. I always do. I tackle most things in life with that same optimism. I have little time for people who want to wallow. Can't wait for the game although I might not be saying that I enjoyed it after watching.

Heedersnvolleys
10-08-2012, 11:17 PM

Remember that well, but that team is miles better than what we have got just now. Remember Ross Chisholm giving a bit of well needed "dig" that game.

Rambo1875
10-08-2012, 11:27 PM
All this negativity is becoming standard for hibs. It's about time we start people start to believe we can win Derbys again. Yeah, we got turned over in May, but we've signed 7 players since then. Two of which debut this weekend. Your telling me that that alone won't at least give majority of us a boost? Players like hanlon, mcpake, griffiths and Stevenson have points to prove after being part of the team that let us all down in May. This weekend is a perfect chance for them to do it.

GGTTH

Spike Mandela
10-08-2012, 11:27 PM
I know we played mince last week but is there really any need? This is still a Hibs website, right? Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but why rain on someone's parade? It achieves nothing other than to create bad blood among people who, at the end of the day, are supposed to be on the same side.

I guess at the end of the day I would rather be confident and branded an idiot than a defeatist and all that goes along with that.

I do truly believe that Hibs have what it takes to win on Sunday. I always do. I tackle most things in life with that same optimism. I have little time for people who want to wallow. Can't wait for the game although I might not be saying that I enjoyed it after watching.

Sorry, just in, a wee bit pissed and read that we have signed Maybury. Not happy need to sleep it off and wake up with a wee bit mair positivity tomorrow. Struggling though if honest.

Dinkydoo
10-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Remember that well, but that team is miles better than what we have got just now. Remember Ross Chisholm giving a bit of well needed "dig" that game.

Chisholm, dig?

le bill
11-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Chisholm, dig?

We will win on sunday for sure
My 4 yr old sons 1st hibs game
We will win......
Possibly

ivan03
11-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Put your money on sparky getting sent off at some point as well. It's a cert!!!

PJ IronHIbee
11-08-2012, 08:03 AM

Don't think I will bother turning up on Sunday. We have already been beaten by the mighty Hearts!!!
Time to wake up and realise we may be poor but the **** are hardly world beaters. 5/2 at home will do me just nicely.
As I said in my OP - Its time to stick together and support the famous Edinburgh Hibees.
Win, lose or draw we will never been so unfortunate in life to call ourselves Jambos
GGTTH
:flag:

Cocaine&Caviar
11-08-2012, 08:15 AM
We aren't in a good state, but come on, a couple of new players and hopefully a fresh start. It's being extremely optimistic but that's what we has to be in times like these. We can beat them.
Come on the Hibees!

2007 was the last time we played a moderately decent standard of football. Even under Hughes when we achieved 4th we were pretty dire, relying on individual moments of magic from Riordan, Stokes, Zemmama and to a lesser extent Bamba & Miller.

We're a long, long way away im afraid.

sahib
11-08-2012, 08:17 AM

Fenlon will have to rethink his tactics. The players will have to get some confidence from somewhere and have the guts to pass the ball.

hibsbollah
11-08-2012, 08:18 AM
2007 was the last time we played a moderately decent standard of football. Even under Hughes when we achieved 4th we were pretty dire, relying on individual moments of magic from Riordan, Stokes, Zemmama and to a lesser extent Bamba & Miller.

You're spot on. And pointing that out doesnt make you less of a fan :agree:

hibsbollah
11-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Chisholm, dig?

He was more point than dig, to be honest.

rcarter1
11-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Even under Hughes when we achieved 4th we were pretty dire [/QUOTE]

Im glad this is acknowledged, because the board would no doubt point to that season as successful. Finishing fourth was a miracle and based on a hugely fortunate run first part of the season, and in terms of standard of play I reckon we were about 10th..

If Deegan and Maybury work out well however then I think we may be slowly turning the corner.

Beefster
11-08-2012, 08:50 AM

Replace 'defeatist' for 'realist'. You don't have to be 'wallowing' to have the same opinion as almost every single independent observer. You could have the charge thrown at you that you're 'delusional' but that isn't bandied at on here anywhere near as much as the 'defeatist/pessimist' tag.

Vault Boy
11-08-2012, 10:05 AM

Of course we are far away from a finished article, and I fully agree about the football that we have been playing since Collins. I don't mean we will be good, but I do hope we will be better.

lord bunberry
11-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Of course we are far away from a finished article, and I fully agree about the football that we have been playing since Collins. I don't mean we will be good, but I do hope we will be better.

We have got to start the fightback somewhere and tomorrow should be that day im not overly confident but by the time I've had a couple of beers tomorrow morning i will be heading up there expecting a 3 goal victory. Come on the hibees :flag:

HibsMax
11-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Fenlon will have to rethink his tactics. The players will have to get some confidence from somewhere and have the guts to pass the ball.

All of which are possible.

HibsMax
11-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Replace 'defeatist' for 'realist'. You don't have to be 'wallowing' to have the same opinion as almost every single independent observer. You could have the charge thrown at you that you're 'delusional' but that isn't bandied at on here anywhere near as much as the 'defeatist/pessimist' tag.

So supporting my team and believing we can win makes me delusional. Fair enough. I'm clearly on the wrong site.

I'm not saying that Hibs WILL win or that those who think otherwise are foolish to think we'll lose. I'm not guaranteeing a victory tomorrow. I'm simply saying that I'm confident that Hibs have what it takes to get a result tomorrow. I know they have what it takes to lose by a barrow load too but why on earth would I want to harbour those thoughts? I'm not kidding myself. I won't be shocked if we lose.

Each to their own. Enjoy not enjoying the game.

Franck Stanton
11-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Having waded through the posts on this topic, it seems we that are attending the game are complely wasting our time as we are already beaten. Lets look at the facts here lads/lassies, THEY have been severly weakened since THAT day, they no longer have the Blacks/Beatties/Skacels who, lets face it, ran over us every time we played them. We however have brought in 5 new players [plus re-signed McPake and Griffiths], IF Deegan is the mid-field hard man we have been looking for then that will make a HUGE differance taking a lot of pressure off the defence. Maybury will give our back four a more balanced feel, Williams is a better keeper than Stack/Brown were, Cairney, well, still to be seen if any improvement - only time will tell. Overall, we still need improving but can we win tomorrow ? As Bob the Builder says - YES WE CAN.

:pfgwa:pfgwa:hibees:pfgwa:pfgwa

yeezus.
11-08-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm very nervous about tomorrow. There's no way I'm missing it, but someone on here mentioned a technique of avoidance (looking at them) ... I might try that
GGTTH

Beefster
11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
So supporting my team and believing we can win makes me delusional. Fair enough. I'm clearly on the wrong site.

I'm not saying that Hibs WILL win or that those who think otherwise are foolish to think we'll lose. I'm not guaranteeing a victory tomorrow. I'm simply saying that I'm confident that Hibs have what it takes to get a result tomorrow. I know they have what it takes to lose by a barrow load too but why on earth would I want to harbour those thoughts? I'm not kidding myself. I won't be shocked if we lose.

Each to their own. Enjoy not enjoying the game.

I probably didn't word it very well but I wasn't specifically calling you delusional. I meant that it's up there with the sort of pish like 'defeatist' that some folk are keen to throw around to belittle anyone who doesn't fit into their world-view. 'Defeatist', 'Doom & Gloomer', 'Pessimist', 'Happy Clapper', 'Petrie-apologist' etc etc are all of the same ilk.

I'll enjoy the game if we play well or win, thanks. Otherwise, no, I probably won't - one of the perks of paying to watch Hibs. Sorry.

biggineurope
11-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Wether your optimistic or pessimistic re. tomorrow, don't really matter. We as supporters WILL get right behind the team (as we should). We are no doubt the most loyal supporters , who are desperate for success in any form. Me, I'm an optimist who right or wrong firmly believes that that success is around the corner or at least in the not to distant future. CMON Hibs fulfill your potential. GGTTH

ALF TUPPER
11-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I agree with the OP. i cant explain it - i honestly believe , with the backing of our support , we can do that mob tomorrow.
GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Good on ya OP ..... Nothing wrong with a bit of optomism ....... wish I could share it.

Still I will be there cheering on the team as best as I can.

GGTTH

Spike Mandela
11-08-2012, 01:48 PM
I agree with the OP. i cant explain it - i honestly believe , with the backing of our support , we can do that mob tomorrow.
GGTTH

Of course we can win tomorrow, we can play well, compete and deserve to win, we can play ok and sneak it, Hearts could play poorly or we could just downright get lucky and fluke it.

However, there is no evidence whatsoever in results, signings or form that should point to anybody "being confident" that we definitely will win.

For me I go tomorrow, fearing the worst but 'hoping' we can pull off a result.

zlatan
11-08-2012, 01:58 PM

We lost 2-0 the last time I was this terrified, and 3-1 before that as well, and 2-0 before that as well.

Hibercelona
11-08-2012, 02:04 PM
It will be yet another forfeit to these fuds!

I won't be watching it or listening to it. I won't even be thinking about it. Once its all over, i'll just pretend it never happened.

lucky
11-08-2012, 02:14 PM
We criticize the players for having a defeatist attitude but I can't believe some of the posts on here. FFS it them not Barca. They have lost lots players. They are not a great side but for some reason we are starting to believe their pish that they a great team. Time to man up and get into these ****ers.

Keith_M
11-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm not working tomorrow and normally nip to the pub in town to watch the game for free. Unfortunately, I actually can't be bothered putting myself through the pain of it again, even on TV.

I feel absolutely no positivity about my favourite football club and, for someone so obsessed with Hibs for so many years, I think it's really sad.

marinello59
11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm not working tomorrow and normally nip to the pub in town to watch the game for free. Unfortunately, I actually can't be bothered putting myself through the pain of it again, even on TV.

I feel absolutely no positivity about my favourite football club and, for someone so obsessed with Hibs for so many years, I think it's really sad.

It is sad.
Get yourself out to watch it, imagine how good you will feel if we actually win. :thumbsup:
(If you do go and we lose feel free to come on here afterwards and call me a ****.:greengrin)

Keith_M
11-08-2012, 02:25 PM
It is sad.
Get yourself out to watch it, imagine how good you will feel if we actually win. :thumbsup:
(If you do go and we lose feel free to come on here afterwards and call me a ****.:greengrin)

If I do go, you're getting it tight

:na na:

marinello59
11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
If I do go, you're getting it tight

:na na:

Unless we win. It could happen. :thumbsup:

LeighLoyal
11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
If part time Peterheid can just about skelp Sevco 2012 and their £6m a year squad... get right into them! :flag:

Hibercelona
11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
We criticize the players for having a defeatist attitude but I can't believe some of the posts on here. FFS it them not Barca. They have lost lots players. They are not a great side but for some reason we are starting to believe their pish that they a great team. Time to man up and get into these ****ers.

Thats the worst thing about it.

Hearts are no better than the likes of Dundee Utd or Motherwell. Yet our record against them over the past few seasons has been even worse than our record against the OF.

Of course people have a defeatist attitude. The players already accept defeat before the kick off.

HibsMax
11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Of course we can win tomorrow, we can play well, compete and deserve to win, we can play ok and sneak it, Hearts could play poorly or we could just downright get lucky and fluke it.

However, there is no evidence whatsoever in results, signings or form that should point to anybody "being confident" that we definitely will win.

For me I go tomorrow, fearing the worst but 'hoping' we can pull off a result.

I don't think you need evidence to be confident. Just belief. IMO.

HibsMax
11-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Thats the worst thing about it.

Hearts are no better than the likes of Dundee Utd or Motherwell. Yet our record against them over the past few seasons has been even worse than our record against the OF.

Of course people have a defeatist attitude. The players already accept defeat before the kick off.

How can you say that about a team that nobody has ever seen play? This team is different than the one that got pipped 1-5 a few months ago.

ahibby
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Anybody know when the last time was we beat a top six team at ER? The most likely score is 2-0 to Hearts. Anyone who doesn't face up to the situation we are in is living a fantasy. Get real folks we have seen nothing to make us think we have as chance of winning. If by some stroke of genius/luck we do win it will be classed as a shock result imo. Good luck to the guys and I hope they give their all and get something from the game.

The Green Goblin
11-08-2012, 03:22 PM
It would be nice to win tomorrow. Stats from the last few seasons suggest we most likely won't, and the days of being able to say "it's a derby, anything could happen" are also long gone. I think 3 points tomorrow will be more of a relief than anything else, but more importantly, it will give the team a much-needed boost to go onwards and upwards.

A loss, or at least anything less than a loss in spite of a decent or fighting performance, and I can see things quickly turning ugly, even more so than they have been recently.

joe breezy
11-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Delusion, as was the case for the cup final

However, it is a weaker Hearts team and a stronger Hibs team, bar O'Connor exit so it could be closer

HibsMax
11-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Anybody know when the last time was we beat a top six team at ER? The most likely score is 2-0 to Hearts. Anyone who doesn't face up to the situation we are in is living a fantasy. Get real folks we have seen nothing to make us think we have as chance of winning. If by some stroke of genius/luck we do win it will be classed as a shock result imo. Good luck to the guys and I hope they give their all and get something from the game.

This is NOT about facing up to the situation. I have yet to talk to anyone who thinks we are not in a dire situation. This is about people, a vocal minority, who happen to be looking forward to tomorrows game and think we can get a result. No promises. No guarantees. Just a little optimism.

I'm taking my idiotic, unrealistic, delusional ass outta this positive-thread-turned-pity-party.

leggeto
11-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Because youre an idiot?

We're Gash
Easy Lenny a wee bit optimism wouldn't go a miss:flag:Old enough to know quality rarely matters in they games,it's all about who wants it more

Spike Mandela
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
This is NOT about facing up to the situation. I have yet to talk to anyone who thinks we are not in a dire situation. This is about people, a vocal minority, who happen to be looking forward to tomorrows game and think we can get a result. No promises. No guarantees. Just a little optimism.

I'm taking my idiotic, unrealistic, delusional ass outta this positive-thread-turned-pity-party.

.....and don't come back you cheery, delusional, happy clapping upstart uber fan you!!

Mind you, if we get gubbed tomorrow you can come back to the pity party as long as you bring a bottle, all are welcome.:cb

essexhibee
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
We will get beat easily. Bunch of sheight bag bottle merchants.

marinello59
11-08-2012, 04:18 PM
We will get beat easily. Bunch of sheight bag bottle merchants.

At least the fans are going to stand strong tomorrow, turn up and remind the Yams just who's ground they are in.

Hibercelona
11-08-2012, 04:35 PM
How can you say that about a team that nobody has ever seen play? This team is different than the one that got pipped 1-5 a few months ago.

The teams are irrelevant at the moment. It's a game of attitude that we continue to lose.

Both Hibs and Hearts have changed their teams about over the past few seasons, but its the same old story.

They turn up regardless of who they play, we "dont" turn up regardless of who we play.

It will take far more than a few more face changes to convince me that we can beat them.

Finbar
11-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Get stuck in Hibs. Hampden was an embarrassment, this is a chance to restore a wed bit of pride.

Del Boy
11-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Hearts really aren't anything special, lost their 3 best players from last season, got a couple of young laddies at full back, I think the worst we'll get is a draw. Yes I've been drinking but my prediction is 2-1 Hibs.

scoopyboy
12-08-2012, 08:57 AM
When I was younger we used to beat Hearts all the time so I wondered if I could maybe do something that would make a difference.

Then it clicked, I went out and bought a pair of Adidas Samba.

Black with the three white stripes, just like they used to be when I wore them in the days when we thumped them on the park.

Go on the Hibs.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm not confident at all. In fact I'm almost resigned to yet another derby mauling, which is a shame because it should a day of anticipation and excitement. The only hope I have is that we have to win one at some point and perhaps it will happen when we least expect it. The maroonics end is sold out and they'll be giving it laldy about the cup final, which is another thing I'm not looking forward to. I can't remember feeling less confident about a derby than I do today. A point would feel like a big win.

Sorry to be so negative but I'm just being honest. A pleasant surprise would be to see the team compete in this fixture for a change and to look like they care.

PJ IronHIbee
12-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Gutted to say the least. They yams were definatly there for the taking today. We may be poor but they are garbage too. I had faith in my beloved Hibees today unlike some fellow Hibees. In Fenlon we trust.
GGTTH

Squealing pig
12-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Fenlons the man

whiskyhibby
12-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Gutted to say the least. They yams were definatly there for the taking today. We may be poor but they are garbage too. I had faith in my beloved Hibees today unlike some fellow Hibees. In Fenlon we trust.
GGTTH

I was rather surprised at how S hite the Yams were TBH, we had to gift them a goal for the draw........GGTTH

ahibby
13-08-2012, 09:12 AM

Maybe i was being unfair, easy to say with hindsight. I was going by our last two competitive performances being thrashed 5-1 and the equally bad display at Tannadice gave me optimism. I don't know where yours came from but good on you for having it. You turned out to be spot on, while Hibs didn't win, for me they had the better chances to win. Even at this early juncture, I feel confident of being in the mix for top six. This is to be reviewed on a weekly bases :greengrin

HibsMax
14-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Maybe i was being unfair, easy to say with hindsight. I was going by our last two competitive performances being thrashed 5-1 and the equally bad display at Tannadice gave me optimism. I don't know where yours came from but good on you for having it. You turned out to be spot on, while Hibs didn't win, for me they had the better chances to win. Even at this early juncture, I feel confident of being in the mix for top six. This is to be reviewed on a weekly bases :greengrin

My confidence came from within. Not based on any evidence. I know we played like garbage against Dundee united but I also knew we had two new players starting and we're still a WIP. I was giving the the benefit of the doubt.

People who show confidence shouldn't be rewarded for being right. It's not a competition. Likewise, people who are confident should not be ridiculed for their position. Like happened in this thread.

No GIRUY from here, we're all on the same side.

Spike Mandela
14-08-2012, 04:18 PM
My confidence came from within. Not based on any evidence. .

This is the dictionary definition of delusion.:wink:

HibsMax
14-08-2012, 05:10 PM
This is the dictionary definition of delusion.:wink:

LOL. Not quite. "An idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality". The reality of the situation was (1) we had only played one game and it was a howler, (2) we had two new players coming in and we had no idea what to expect in terms of their impact. Some people assumed we would be as humpty as before. I assumed that the new additions would lift us.

Anyway, I'm just happy with the better performance and, with that, maybe we can return to a sense of normality. Top 3 here we come! :wink: