PDA

View Full Version : Question Rangers and the edinburgh derby

Green Cabbage 7
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Watching the news just now! Can anybody help me cause I don't quite get it! How are rangers still being branded as rangers? Thought they were sevco or something like that! Anyway why has there been so little talk about the biggest game in scotland this weekend! Should there not be a build up to it marketing it sort of speak!

Hibernia Na Eir
10-08-2012, 07:53 PM
some papers have already referred to their correct name, The Rangers FC.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Perhaps the media are a law unto themselves.

Journalistic integrity can be a hard thing to find when sponsors, advertisers and media owners call the shots. The BBC /should/ have a better shot at it than most.

For example why should the BBC refer to the Reebok stadium surely that's advertising and whilst it wouldn't be against the law, I can only guess it's contractual between the media, the sponsors and the league.

Re the position on calling The Rangers "Rangers" and has the media precedent not already been determine by Airdrie United ?

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 08:01 PM
I know a hun who keeps going on about why they shouldn't be stripped of titles.

His face is brilliant when I tell him the current Rangers have to win a title before they can be stripped of it.

For any normal football club I'd actually have some sympathy for the position they are in. Those mutants on the other hand can go **** themselves.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2012, 10:30 PM
I thought there was a rule somewhere that stated that they couldn't have the word "Rangers" in the title of the new company as it was too similar to the old company, without getting the express permission of the liquidators. :confused:

brianmc
10-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I thought there was a rule somewhere that stated that they couldn't have the word "Rangers" in the title of the new company as it was too similar to the old company, without getting the express permission of the liquidators. :confused:

Dunno where you got that from.... Wishful thinking maybe?

Sir David Gray
10-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Dunno where you got that from.... Wishful thinking maybe?

It was mentioned a couple of months ago when they first entered the liquidation process.

Green Cabbage 7
10-08-2012, 11:32 PM
It was mentioned a couple of months ago when they first entered the liquidation process.

I was told that they couldn't name themselves the rangers football club because that was actually there name, it had just been shortened to rangers football club

Lucius Apuleius
11-08-2012, 05:12 AM
Does a rose by any other name smell so sweet? They were Rangers, they are Rangers and will always be Rangers as far as they, the media and the SFA are concerned. Anything else is wishful thinking on our part. Live with it. As previously said at least 100 times they bought the name Rangers when they bought the club and its assets.