PDA

View Full Version : Mark Reynolds

Fat Stu
10-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Saw this morning he's signed with Abersheep on loan. Any reason why we weren't looking at him. this is surely the type of player we should be signing yet we go into the derby with hanlon or stephens at centre half.

Another summer of transfers flying around and we seem to be missing out on a lot of decent players when we need to building from scratch.

blaikie
10-08-2012, 11:03 AM
No great loss we have McPake in there to lead the back line we really need midfielders more than anything!

Sean1875
10-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Is this going to be a recurring theme with every player that signs for one of our rivals?

J-C
10-08-2012, 11:06 AM
No great loss we have McPake in there to lead the back line we really need midfielders more than anything!

We have McPake and who else.................Stephens( erm no ta )............O'Hanlon ( again no ).................Hanlon ( potential, blows hot and cold, how long do we wait for potential to come good though )

CorrieHibs
10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Saw this morning he's signed with Abersheep on loan. Any reason why we weren't looking at him. this is surely the type of player we should be signing yet we go into the derby with hanlon or stephens at centre half.

Another summer of transfers flying around and we seem to be missing out on a lot of decent players when we need to building from scratch.

Cause he's not Irish

The Sea-gull
10-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Is this going to be a recurring theme with every player that signs for one of our rivals?

aberdeen are probably our biggest rival as they are a similar sized club with a similar budget who have been similarly rubbish for the last couple of years now. Johnny Hayes, Niall McGinn, Gary Naysmith and Mark Reynolds are all players who would have filled gaping areas in our squad. Overall, they appear to have made better signings than us to go with players like Rae, Hughes, Consindine, Anderson, Vernon and a few promising youngsters.

Franck Le God
10-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Cause he's not Irish

Good one. Keep trying though.

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Cause he's not Irish

Possibly the laziest piece of trolling on here yet!

Paul Cairney, Ben Williams, James McPake and Leigh Griffiths aren't Irish either but what is it they say about facts and a good story?

Franck Stanton
10-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Cause he's not Irish

Gonna gie aw this "Cos he's not Irish" crap a miss. Apart from Doyle and Degan how many more Irish players have been signed by Fenlon? He signed Williams [English] Cairney, Clancy and McPake [all Scottish], But hey, lets not let facts stand in the way of the truth eh. Some folk just want to have a pop for any old reason, [even when there isn't one].

oops - just spotted Pretty Boys post, sorry for the repitition

Sean1875
10-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Possibly the laziest piece of trolling on here yet!

Paul Cairney, Ben Williams, James McPake and Leigh Griffiths aren't Irish either but what is it they say about facts and a good story?

Is now capped by Norn Iron. Apologies for being 'that guy' :greengrin

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Gonna gie aw this "Cos he's not Irish" crap a miss. Apart from Doyle and Degan how many more Irish players have been signed by Fenlon? He signed Williams [English] Cairney, Clancy and McPake [all Scottish], But hey, lets not let facts stand in the way of the truth eh. Some folk just want to have a pop for any old reason, [even when there isn't one].

*cough* Clancy is Irish *cough*

Not disagreeing with the overall sentiment of your post though. See mine above.

Franck Stanton
10-08-2012, 12:30 PM
aberdeen are probably our biggest rival as they are a similar sized club with a similar budget who have been similarly rubbish for the last couple of years now. Johnny Hayes, Niall McGinn, Gary Naysmith and Mark Reynolds are all players who would have filled gaping areas in our squad. Overall, they appear to have made better signings than us to go with players like Rae, Hughes, Consindine, Anderson, Vernon and a few promising youngsters.

Have to agree wit all of the above. Would be a lot happier signing the above players,

Fat Stu
10-08-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't personally care if they are irish or swedish, the issue I have is that this guys available and will improve our squad why are we not linked with him and if we were why is he joining aberdeen ahead of us.

Signings this season have looked ok but we still need another 5/6 in the door and we're still shipping silly goals.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 12:57 PM
If we'd signed the lad Hayes from Inverness, most folk would have been pleased.

Is he not irish?

DH1875
10-08-2012, 01:13 PM

Why not? Look who Aberdeen have signed so far. I'd like to think we'd have been after at least 2 or 3 of them and signed at least 1.

Franck Stanton
10-08-2012, 01:44 PM
*cough* Clancy is Irish *cough*

Not disagreeing with the overall sentiment of your post though. See mine above.

Oops, so you spotted the deliberate mistake re Clancy, [not], sorry, I really didn't know he is Irish. {not as though I really care what nationality a player is, just how good he is,] Yes PB did see your post , unfortunately only after I submitted mine, teach me to read all the posts before opening my big trap.